Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2021, 02:07   #1291

As per information available on the website, the car will be available with a microhybrid system. Not sure wether this will be for petrol only or for diesel also.

Attaching the screenshot from mahindra website

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProModder View Post
Both petrol and diesel ATs are Torque converters. The mileage figures are not out yet but given the power figures, I am estimating Petrol AT to give 6-8 KMPL and Diesel around 8-10 KMPL.
It does have micro hybrid technology. So that should somewhat help in mileage i guess.

Attaching the screenshot
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20211001020527.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20211001020527__01.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 1st October 2021 at 12:28. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Thanks.
The Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 02:41   #1292
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
I think Anant car's pricing isn't correct and road tax is the culprit (imo). The road tax in Bengaluru is 18% for personal vehicles above ₹ 20 lakhs, ex-showroom. Add 11% cess to the 18% road tax amount and Sireesh has calculated it right, at ₹ 4,21,378. Anant cars folks got excited and missed the cess; they will of course have to revise, or pay out of their pocked, which will never happen. Expecting corrected sheet from them will be shared soon.

Any flaw in the road tax calculation, if noticed, happy to be corrected.
Looking at the calculation from Anant car guys, i see that they have added the cess, but have calculated the road tax at 17% (which is for cars less than 20Lakh). So looks like they just dragged the formula from top row to last row in the excel sheet across all the variants without looking at the ex showroom price
Old 1st October 2021, 04:47   #1293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
How the 7 seat XUV700 stacks up against its rivals!

Attachment 2213605
Am I missing something? Just checked out the pricing on the Safari and even the latest gold version are INR 21,89,900
Old 1st October 2021, 07:00   #1294
Senior - BHPian

Should be something similar to Maruti's SHVS. Which, we all know, was just a moniker, and did nothing much
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rider View Post
It does have micro hybrid technology. So that should somewhat help in mileage i guess
Old 1st October 2021, 07:04   #1295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProModder View Post
Both petrol and diesel ATs are Torque converters. The mileage figures are not out yet but given the power figures, I am estimating Petrol AT to give 6-8 KMPL and Diesel around 8-10 KMPL.
Above could be City traffic bumper to bumper figures. Add about 2 Kmpl for Highway drives for Petrol and about 3 for Diesel.

Looking at the ever shooting cost of the fuel, if above figures turn out close to factual figures, XUV 7oo will be a big gas guzzler. In comparison, an Alcazar Petrol AT is giving about 10 Kmpl in city bumper to bumper traffic and about 15-16 Kmpl on Highways and a Diesel AT is giving about 11-12 Kmpl in City drives and about 20 Kmpl on Highways.

Heard from the Hyundai local dealer that Alcazar upgraded version with ADAS and electronic tail gate plus some more features is on the way.

I might wait for the upgraded version of Alcazar and also observe XUV 7oo's real life performance in the meanwhile and then decide. Alcazar Diesel has a weak engine for the body bulk it carries, but Hyundai's experience is much more niggle free & they have much better after sales service. If above perceived fuel figures are close to factual figures, an Alcazar Petrol AT also seems a pretty decent option.

Decisions, Decisions........I'm more confused than ever.
Manojah is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 07:31   #1296
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by APB98 View Post
. What is more surprising is how plain the central console behind the gear lever looks ! It doesn't have the joystick like knob, and doesn't even seem to have the piano black finish but just plain mat black ! I mean, is this a base variant or a mid variant ??
The position of the hand brake lever is also questionable by the looks of it.
I thought the media control joystick knob was for the variants with the Electronic Parking Brake!!!

Glad it is there in a model with manual handbrake, though I am curious if manual transmission vehicles get it at all.

The media control knob is one item that I would love to see trickle down from luxury vehicles. But guess the gigantic portrait screens will beat it to the affordable segments.
Old 1st October 2021, 08:11   #1297
BHPian

Finally, got the on road prices of XUV7OO in Hyderabad.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-50babf79a3ee4262922c7f166e04f234.jpeg  

car_guy1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 08:22   #1298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
Thanks for sharing.

What are these incidental charges?

And is cancellation charge normal in Bangalore? I assume the booking amount is fully refundable?
I did not check, but I am sure it's a way to make money (handling charges)
Old 1st October 2021, 08:27   #1299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Nope. No Cruise Control on offer in any lower variant, as per the feature list and the 360 view in the official website.
Guys, the website states that "ADAS - Adaptive Cruise Control" is not on offer in the lower variants. So, can't we expect a basic cruise control in the AX5 variant atleast since it features that Skyroof and LED bling?

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-159.png
Old 1st October 2021, 08:28   #1300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rider View Post
As per information available on the website, the car will be available with a microhybrid system. Not sure wether this will be for petrol only or for diesel also.

Attaching the screenshot from mahindra website
Although the variants below AX7 don't have smart close flush door handles, they all have speed sensitive locking. So does this mean that the handles would be popping out even when we drive at <20kmph (approx) speeds? Would it automatically close back inside once the speed goes above a certain limit? Like the handles should be able to pop back inside into its place automatically anyways, right?
Otherwise how will this concept work?

In that sense this could be a show-off piece when we drive on our city roads, where people can see the door handles going inside while on the move .

Now, I am trying to think how M&M wants everyone to. I was going to opt for petrol AT but those within my reach (AX3 and AX5 pet ATs) are woefully underwhelming and require some compromises now.
So I am thinking of stretching a bit more to accommodate AX7 MT petrol. When a 16.6L pet AT car seems underwhelming, just one more lakh gives you ADAS, 3rd row seats (and headrest for the middle passenger in the 2nd row for God's sake !!) leatherette steering/seats, much better looking interiors, smart locking, dual Zone climate control, reverse cam and parking assist inbuilt, powered driver seat, push button start, auto headlamps inbuilt, auto rain sending wipers, TPMS, 2 more airbags, smart clean zone and maybe the advantage of a slightly more mileage than an AT.

The miss would obviously be AT and so I would like to know how the Adaptive Cruise Control works in a MT.

I thought that the adaptive cruise control in city traffic could be a good replacement for an AT, but how does it manage the gears in MT? Would it keep revving higher in the same gear or ask us to up shift after a predefined RPM? For instance, if I set the cruise speed at around 30-40 kmph inside the city and keep the car in 2nd gear, could it allow my left foot to be free, thereby emulating an AT? (Assuming that I can start from 0 kmph easily in 2nd gear itself and even go beyond 50 kmph without much difficulty in the same gear).
After all, the biggest pain driving a MT is inside the city, and not outside it. Manually shifting gears outside the city is fun for me. So if we can use the modern technology offered smartly, maybe we can get more value out of our money by thinking like this. Surely AX5 Pet AT for 16.6L is overpriced for the features it has and the AX7 MT Pet at 17.6L is much better priced.

This makes me ask, how light is the clutch in 700? Have anyone experienced it? How does it compare with the competition in terms of lightness. I am curious because I had once owned the Mahindra Verito (which is totally an unfair comparison I agree) which had a clutch heavier than a truck would have!

Anyways, this is so clever from M&M. I need mass-market mind readers like what they have.
With all this strategy they have almost grabbed control of our minds as well. From being adamant on the requirement of AT to thinking of compromising on features for AT and now to even think of compromising AT for features!

Mod note: Post edited. Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission.
Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 1st October 2021 at 08:58.
APB98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 09:00   #1301

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Should be something similar to Maruti's SHVS. Which, we all know, was just a moniker, and did nothing much
Just came to know that mahindra calls it auto start stop function as micro-hybrid. They do say that mild hybrid will be available in future.

So yes expect very low mileage
The Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 09:21   #1302
BHPian

I don’t want to sound killjoy but the initial buzz has been effectively dulled specially around lack lustre AX5. While the pricing was something that everyone one was going ga-ga, with the kind of features on offer doesn’t make AX5 an attractive option IMHO.
Also, why is there no 5 seated option in AX7 model. Beats me!
SinghShu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 09:39   #1303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
How the 7 seat XUV700 stacks up against its rivals!

Attachment 2213605
Sorry if someone has already posted, but isn't this list inaccurate given that Mahindra is offering 7 seater variant in only a few mid spec variants? Man this extensive variant list has really made it hard to understand what's on offer on which variant.
Skorp_Knight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 09:41   #1304
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

With nearly two dozen variants, it's sure to sell like hot cakes and will give the Korean laptops a run for their money.

On the other hand, I don't get the seething hate for AWD/4WD. Why do people in our country and especially the indigenous manufacturers (Yeah, especially you Tata) hate AWD/4WD so much?!

It actually came as a surprise that they decided to offer the most hated feature (AWD) in the 700.

I'm sure now that in a few years, OLX would be flooded with fake AWDs and manuals listed as automatics (Take the case of XUV500 and previous gen Fortuner). Better stick to Carwale.

P.S: I hope Mahindra capitalises the fact that Ford made an exit and they give Scorpio 4x4+AT to replace the Endeavour (or at least offer an alternative to the overpriced Fortuner)

Last edited by vredesbyrd : 1st October 2021 at 09:55. Reason: Bit about the Scorpio
Old 1st October 2021, 09:49   #1305
BHPian

Well, there is saying in our forum "If you don't cannibalize your product then someone else will gladly do it for you". Looks like Mahindra's current product planning is aligned to this.

There are so many features which were supposed to be in AX3 or AX5 variant. For instance, why AX3 cannot have 7 seater diesel AT? Wouldn't it draw more consumers? Heck, Mahindra is anyway charging additional 70k for seven seater then why not in all variants?

Push start, Auto Headlamps in AX7 variant? Vanity mirror illumination in AX7L? What's going on Mahindra?

I am sure just like TATA introduced few value for money variants in safari and harrier, Mahindra will end up doing same after sometime.

I still believe previous gen XUV5OO W7 variant was real "value for money" deal. I couldn't see any such variant in the current XUV7OO lineup.

I believe it is "WISE" to wait for some more time hoping Mahindra will come up with better product planning.

Last edited by GRAND23 : 1st October 2021 at 09:55. Reason: spelling
GRAND23 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks