Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2021, 19:51   #541
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Fantastic review & great pics to go with it. The review was posted on 18-Aug and in 11 days, it has run into 37 pages ! WoW

Last edited by Sheel : 30th August 2021 at 13:43. Reason: Removing speculative part.
RaghuChn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2021, 23:32   #542

Hello Friends, a newbie here submitting my first post after having got my prized TBHP Subscription, just today.

Though I've been following TBHP close to a decade, I happened to apply (for 3rd time) last week and was so thrilled to see sweet email of Registration being APPROVED this morning, and here I'm straightway jumping to XUV700 Thread!

I was keenly looking forward to upgrade from my well trusted Ertiga ZDI (2012) and that's when XUV 700 hit the market and yes, I've started waiting in the wings!

I've followed this thread keenly and all available Blogs, Vlogs and even Mahindra portal information to read through every available Info.

What I'd consider important as a prospective buyer are the list of things below, not in any order:

- Auto window roll-up of all 4 windows (seems to be working for Driver window as per reports). Even aftermarket solution of Rs.1600 unit is working like charm in my Ertiga since 8+ years.
- Middle row seat sliding is just very practical to adjust as per passenger needs - very important miss-out in my view. This could even help Mahindra get better boot space for a medium height family (5.6 feet and below). With last row recline done, there is almost zero boot space!
- Hydraulic Strut for the Bonnet
- Rear camera should have been well integrated into boot lift handle space (behind logo)
- Yes, that non-18inch spare wheel is a deal breaker for me. I cannot imagine to drive my vehicle like lame on one leg. You never know under what circumstances you need to use the space wheel and hence cannot compromise.

I guess these are my nit-picks, but I think they are very essentials.

Cheers
Mahi-Way!
MahiDesai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 08:59   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
This is the DARK BLUE. Here is a better picture. The earlier one was selfie camera and sky was gloomy so it was not clear.
The dark blue is the pick of the lot, it looks suave in this shade.

Couple of questions for you Dev, in case you noticed:

1. Third row seating - how would you rate this vis-a-vis Safari or Innova Crysta? I recently test drove the Safari and third seat was very comfortable for an avg height (5ft 6in) person like me. It also helps that the second row on the Safari is adjustable.

2. How were the ergonomics from a driver's perspective? For example, in the Safari I felt that there was very little space between the seat and door to access the electric seat adjustment. My hand had to squeeze past and I guess some people may even need to open the door a bit to adjust the seat. IMHO it's small things like this that can elevate the experience of the vehicle. I felt Safari, though it ticks all the boxes, was missing this bit of finesse.
charade is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 10:35   #544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuChn View Post
Fantastic review & great pics to go with it. The review was posted on 18-Aug and in 11 days, it has run into 37 pages ! WoW
Aha, so there is a AWD option for the petrol? That is good news indeed.

Mahindra is going the extra mile here- most companies offer AWD/4WD only on their diesels. Think reviews had mentioned AWD only for diesel AT?

Last edited by Sheel : 30th August 2021 at 13:44. Reason: Quoted part is edited. Thanks.
achyutaghosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 10:50   #545
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
Aha, so there is a AWD option for the petrol? That is good news indeed.

Mahindra is going the extra mile here- most companies offer AWD/4WD only on their diesels. Think reviews had mentioned AWD only for diesel AT?
According to the Demo videos - one reason for AWD is Dynamic Stability Control. It uses Torque Vectoring to keep the vehicle in line while doing high speed cornering.
Old 30th August 2021, 12:54   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charade View Post
The dark blue is the pick of the lot, it looks suave in this shade.

Couple of questions for you Dev, in case you noticed:

1. Third row seating - how would you rate this vis-a-vis Safari or Innova Crysta? I recently test drove the Safari and third seat was very comfortable for an avg height (5ft 6in) person like me. It also helps that the second row on the Safari is adjustable.

2. How were the ergonomics from a driver's perspective? For example, in the Safari I felt that there was very little space between the seat and door to access the electric seat adjustment. My hand had to squeeze past and I guess some people may even need to open the door a bit to adjust the seat. IMHO it's small things like this that can elevate the experience of the vehicle. I felt Safari, though it ticks all the boxes, was missing this bit of finesse.
Hi charade, Will check these two points next time for sure . Driver side ergonomics were good. I fiddled with the door unlock button and i don't remember having any problems. But seat adjustment i didn't try. Next time will try that.

Regards
Dev
irdevanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 13:59   #547
BHPian

As someone who doesn't shy away from bleeding tech, I am interested in the XUV 700 with all the tech options (ADAS, AT etc).

However, after seeing the horrid time my friend had with his TUV 300 AMT (plenty of issues with the self-developed AMT from Mahindra as documented on this forum itself), scares me a bit.

But Mahindra still needs to be congratulated for this. It seems to tick all boxes for many people & surely Mahindra has a hit on it's hand. Safety, features, infotainment, everything they have going for it.

Incredibly proud of the progress our homeboys Tata & Mahindra have made. Many people who wouldn't have taken a look at local brands now seem to prefer these two (because of focus on safety & feature list)

All I am looking for is a 5 seater Petrol AX7 AT with all ADAS features (No need for 7 seater & want the refinement of Petrol)
Old 30th August 2021, 14:08   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Hi charade, Will check these two points next time for sure . Driver side ergonomics were good. I fiddled with the door unlock button and i don't remember having any problems. But seat adjustment i didn't try. Next time will try that.
Regards
Dev
Hi Dev, thanks for the details provided. Can you please check with your buddy on the following:

- AX5 variants (Diesel/Petrol) AT availability with Cruise Control. Someone from the forum mentioned that Cruise Control is available only on AX7 trim
- Pictures of AX5 interiors / specs, etc
- Dates on bookings, variant specs, pricing & delivery. Its been more than 2 weeks of unveiling, but there is no other updates in the public forum
Carz77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 18:37   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwerkyC0ffee View Post
Would like to share a minor observation here.

On watching this closely at 13:23 minute mark, I noticed the bonnet, headlights and the grille shaking quite vigorously as the car is moving over a bad patch of track....

(Would suggest watching this on a large screen - laptop or TV, might not be that noticeable on smartphone)
You are absolutely spot on in your assessment of the video! That is no way a 'minor' observation! The hood (bonnet), grille and even headlight are visibly shaking, as if the attachments of those fixtures have slight play. This is exactly when the vehicle is on those sharp bumps of the test track. This is even more noticeable if one reduces the playback speed to 0.5. What is a bit ironic is that is also the exact moment when the reviewer states that "the vehicle does not get upset over bumps..'

In fact it's either a camera recording distortion or indeed is an actual issue - perhaps attributible to the fact that these are prototypes with less than perfect fit and finish.

Last edited by Rigid Rotor : 30th August 2021 at 18:42.
Rigid Rotor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 19:18   #550
BHPian

Any news about six seater version? Also, was there a six seater version of XUV5oo?
sudharshan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 20:20   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudharshan View Post
Any news about six seater version? Also, was there a six seater version of XUV5oo?
There is no information about a 6 seater yet and quite possibly only 5 and 7 seat options will be offered.
XUV 5OO was offered with 7 seats only.
quantobigboot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 21:45   #552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudharshan View Post
There is a video interview done by Overdrive on Youtube, in it Mr. Rajesh Jejurikar, Executive Director, Auto & Farm Sectors Mahindra Group has clearly mentioned that there won't be a 6-seater variant of XUV700. Only 5-seater and 7-seater configuration will be on offer.
UltraViolence is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 21:53   #553
BHPian

Got a cal from Mahindra today as I registered interest for XUV700 on their website a while back.

I asked some questions like expected launch date, expected starting variant and price for a diesel automatic, and if option packs can be added to AX3 etc. but got standard reply that this info will be revealed later.

I was about to put the phone down, after thanking Mahindra representative as he did not seem to know anymore than what I already know from official website and our forum.
But he then asked an interesting question, that will I be interested in 5 or 7 seater. I said I will be open to both depending upon the price difference. He informed that diesel automatic (that I showed my interest to him) will be available in 7 seater version in AX7 only.
I asked few times to confirm and he reiterated the same. I said in that case I may go for AX3 diesel auomatic 5 seater version. I asked and he confirmed that Diesel AX3 will have automatic variant for sure.

I am not sure if Mahindra is still trying to gauge interest or if these details will remain intact at launch time.
MaanSingh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 23:09   #554
BHPian

Quote:
3. It is a petrol variant. Automatic. Looks like top end. It was a breeze to drive. It is very tight.
Attachment 2199563

Attachment 2199564
This is AX7 and surely a diesel variant, petrol stops with AX5
Old 31st August 2021, 00:58   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManneAtWheelz View Post
This is AX7 and surely a diesel variant, petrol stops with AX5
Sir, are you sure that Petrol is not available with AX7 as some reviewers on YouTube have driven it and there seems to be no other news about AX7 in Diesel only.
quantobigboot is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks