Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2021, 23:01   #601
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Received a call from a Mahindra representative today. Literally refused to share any new info than what's already available in public domain. He just wanted to know preference of colour, variant, seating capacity and transmission. Also enquired with me about my profession and whether I'd be opting for a loan. Repeatedly asked me if I'd be interested in booking immediately once bookings officially open!

Have called multiple dealerships in Mumbai and no one is giving out any clue as yet. The typical answer all of them have: "Delivery will definitely happen in festive period!"

P.s. In Mumbai, festive period begins from Ganpati onward which is on 10th Sept and lasts till Diwali which begins from 4th Nov this year.
IamNikhil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 23:54   #602
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone has idea on MX feature list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Received a call from a Mahindra representative today. Literally refused to share any new info than what's already available in public domain. He just wanted to know preference of colour, variant, seating capacity and transmission. Also enquired with me about my profession and whether I'd be opting for a loan. Repeatedly asked me if I'd be interested in booking immediately once bookings officially open! ...
Good prep from Mahindra. They may be trying to gauge demand and fine tune the supply to reduce long waiting periods. Quite an intelligent move if it's aimed for a quicker delivery.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 10:51   #603
BHPian

I got call from my nearby mahindra showroom to check if I'm interested to buy XUV5OO, as I had enquired about it before XUV7OO launch. W7 AT (₹19L) and W11(O) AT (₹23L) OTR, Bangalore.
They are asking me to quote my price and negotiate. I'm tempted to ask W11 for 20L, but will be on cross roads if the dealer agrees for this price
Any suggestion/opinion in this regard ??
Is it worth to go for 5OO at this price or wait for 7OO??
praveenkkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 13:18   #604
BANNED

Hello All - My first post and happy to place it about XUV700 which i've decided to book AX5 7-Seater Petrol AT after much oscillation around 7 seater & 5 seaters.

My dealer contact doesn't have any official communication about the booking start timelines. They have not solicited my preference on variants/colours etc. With the heavy media advertisements going on, i expect the announcement date to be around 2nd Oct.

Relying on the great community to get reliable updates.
Old 4th September 2021, 13:36   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenkkr View Post
My suggestion would be to go for the 7OO without a question.

Look at the basics on this car. That you get right from the base variant. It is so advanced compared to anything that exists.

1. Strong chassis which is stiffer by 70% compared to the XUV500 (if you can speak/understand Tamil, watch the Motor Vikatan's video on the safety aspects. Only they have covered the structural components of this car in detail. Hot-formed boron steel for the front passenger compartment, usage of advanced high strength steel in the sills and floor etc.)

2. Multi link suspension in the rear. Not to mention the FSD on offer. That alone takes this car a segment above.

3. Torque vectoring, electronic brake pre-fill
krishnakumar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 14:39   #606
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudharshan View Post
As per Autocar Review, Drive Modes (the famous Zip,Zap,Zoom) are available only in Diesel AT.

https://Youtu.be/PI2AfIKdcZg?t=624
This is not accurate. The Youtube video below of the AX3 Diesel Manual variant, also clearly shows the availability of the zip, zap and zoom modes.
So drive modes are available in Diesel (both MT and AT), but not he petrol.

One thing that is not clear is whether the AX5 has simple cruise control (non-adaptive) feature or not. AX5 Diesel MT/AT can be a complete package for mile munchers, if cruise control is also provided. Theer are no review videos of AX5 to be found anywhere.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 4th September 2021 at 14:42.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 18:42   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manojah View Post
Someone in the local Dealership is saying that bookings are opening on 15th of this month and he seems pretty confident.
Yes, this could be a possibility. Even i heard from one of the Sources that the Mahindra is targeting the first XUV700 delivery on their Founder's Day (October 2nd).
msksalman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 18:50   #608
Senior - BHPian

Received a call yesterday from Mahindra Sales team about the interest I had shown in the XUV700 on 14th August !

Not sure if this is shared yet, but the person told me there won't be a 5 seater AX7 variant. 5 seater is only till AX5. I double checked this and she was quite confident on this.
07CR is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 21:56   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Received a call yesterday from Mahindra Sales team about the interest I had shown in the XUV700 on 14th August !

Not sure if this is shared yet, but the person told me there won't be a 5 seater AX7 variant. 5 seater is only till AX5. I double checked this and she was quite confident on this.
Have received calls from from Mahindra Sales team twice till now, but the person on line had no answers to my queries and both the times I was told that they have no additional information and they just have info. as what has been given by Mahindra during launch and afterwards in press briefings. He said all info. would be available a few days before official bookings start and he gave me a tentative date of 2nd October as start of bookings during both the sales team calls.

There main focus of calls was to know which variant I am looking to book and would I book immediately when bookings open and which is the color of my choice.
Old 4th September 2021, 22:01   #610
BHPian

Quote:
I got call from my nearby mahindra showroom to check if I'm interested to buy XUV5OO, as I had enquired about it before XUV7OO launch. W7 AT (₹19L) and W11(O) AT (₹23L) OTR, Bangalore.
They are asking me to quote my price and negotiate. I'm tempted to ask W11 for 20L, but will be on cross roads if the dealer agrees for this price
I was at the showroom today at Sireesh Auto in Bangalore enquiring about XUV500. They have no stock of W7/W9 and only W11 AT is available. They were willing to offer about 2 lakhs off on the Ex Showroom which was bringing the price down to about 23.5 lakhs. They were not open to any further negotiation and said that they have been clearing stock super fast.
normaltusker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 23:01   #611
BHPian

Freedom drive! Hear the experts!

This is the new video released by Mahindra on the reveal event and few auto Journalist's comments.

dh.harshal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 23:41   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
My suggestion would be to go for the 7OO without a question.
if you can speak/understand Tamil, watch the Motor Vikatan's video on the safety aspects.
I can't understand Tamil, but I could understand these technical details from the horse mouth in this video:

Only issue with XUV7OO is the waiting period, considering all the buzz around the car. Semiconductor shortage will push this problem further.
In fact, we were on the verge of booking Alcazar. But after watching above video, felt that the wait for XUV7OO would be worth.
Another reason for avoiding the 5OO is the parts availability. 3 years down the line, it would be much difficult to source spares, as the 7OO is completely a new platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normaltusker View Post
I was at the showroom today at Sireesh Auto in Bangalore enquiring about XUV500.
They were willing to offer about 2 lakhs off on the Ex Showroom which was bringing the price down to about 23.5 lakhs.
I compared the price with the price list I had got 2 months back and it is the same - 23.5L. So, there is no point now to buy it at the same price, after looking into the spec and price of XUV7OO, even after factoring the price hike by the time the XUV7OO is allotted.
By the way, dealer who contacted me was PPS on Kanakapura Road.
praveenkkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 00:23   #613
BHPian

Quote:
In fact, we were on the verge of booking Alcazar. But after watching above video, felt that the wait for XUV7OO would be worth.
Another reason for avoiding the 5OO is the parts availability. 3 years down the line, it would be much difficult to source spares, as the 7OO is completely a new platform.
I have given this a thought. But i doubt it would hit the car so soon. There are several XUV500 that are out in the road that may well have life left for another 10-12 years. I feel that the spare parts may be available for at near that period as well.

By the way, I did not want to check out the Alcazar since my other car is the Creta. Did not make sense to have two cars of the same type.

I did check out the Hector Plus today but did not like it. Found it to be too cramped.

Quote:
I compared the price with the price list I had got 2 months back and it is the same - 23.5L. So, there is no point now to buy it at the same price, after looking into the spec and price of XUV7OO, even after factoring the price hike by the time the XUV7OO is allotted.
By the way, dealer who contacted me was PPS on Kanakapura Road.
I am not sure of the price 2 months back since i had no plans to change my i10(my first car that is driven by the Mrs). Somehow trying to convince her to get rid of the car due to the age and move on to driving the Creta.

Anyways, I have attached the price list that I got today.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20210905_002237.jpg  

Old 5th September 2021, 07:13   #614
Senior - BHPian

The Mahindra XUV700 will be available in showrooms very soon.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20210905_071155.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 10:38   #615

AWD will come both in Automatic and Manual 7 seater
footloose is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks