Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2021, 14:26   #1201
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Anyone managed to get the On road prices, especially for AX7 variants?
Also any views on the AX7 AWD option? Is the AWD worth it? like comapred to the other M&M 4x4 like Thar or Scorpio
I am debating between AX7 MT and AX7 AT AWD. pls guide
Old 30th September 2021, 14:27   #1202
BHPian

The price and variants is disappointing after all the hype created.
If you look at this now, AX7 is bare bone with the usual features added on but everything else come at a price.
Tata will be grinning after this because this puts Safari at par with XUV700.
I will not be surprised if Tata rolls out an advertisement focusing on the features offered in Safari vs competition.
superchamp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 14:29   #1203
BHPian

Hey guys, I had a question about the colors. Some manufacturers still use non-metallic paint for white colour. Any idea if the white in the XUV 700 is metallic or non-metallic?
Old 30th September 2021, 14:34   #1204
BHPian

I have been in the market for an AWD AT SUV for a while now. I didn't have high hopes from the XUV700 and a few of the current developments make it even less palatable to get one.
- The 25k introductory pricing is asking for misery especially if one is a common man of this country wanting to get one. My experience with Mahindra dealers has been rubbish and they have zero transparency or ethics when it comes to pre-sales. I am willing to bet that almost all of these 25k will be lapped up by the dealers, goons and politicos at a premium. The delivery fiascos with the Thar might be easier to digest @ 16L but when the car costs north of 25L I don't have the patience or willingness to deal with Mahindra dealers and their antics.
- Given that there is only one AWD variant, I am sure the dealers will have no incentive to order one and will try and peddle a high running variant as it was the case with the 500. The AWD seems to be purely in there from a check box formality and not one which Mahindra intends to push. Good luck trying to have a dealer sell you one.
- With the press release already indicating delays with the Diesel, I don't think the AWD Diesel will see the light of day until late next year. I have no patience to wait that long.
yd_gli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 14:38   #1205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
Please Do share your thoughts after your test drive. I am very confused between Safari, XUV700, Xuv300.
W.r.t the images in your post, I can't figure out why the basic combinations of the Fuel type/Transmission Type/Seating are configured as they are (even if one ignores the convoluted combinations of the options packs, AWD etc.).
  • No AX3 Petrol & Diesel 7 seater AT, when a AX3 Petrol & Diesel 5 seater AT is available.
  • No AX3 Petrol 7 seater Manual, when a AX3 Diesel 7 seater Manual is available.
  • No AX5 Petrol 7 seater AT, when a AX5 Diesel 7 seater AT is available.
Of course, I realize it's not possible to cater to each and every customer preference, but how cost/effort intensive would it be to plug the above 3 gaps? Does M&M think there won't be any demand for these at all?

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 30th September 2021 at 14:49.
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 14:39   #1206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraViolence View Post
It is there in AX7 and AX7L variants. I guess the page did not load properly for you.

Attachment 2213529
I think we need to have patience till the site goes live properly as if you guys notice this url is redirecting to a beta site which means still its under testing and things might be changed/ updated.

I can notice Mahindra web technical team and QA team is not doing a great job, some of the examples are - link to the beta site, some links are going booking page, ESP optional, alloy wheel in ax5, few mins back even I noticed download brochure.

Last edited by msinghal80 : 30th September 2021 at 14:41. Reason: spelling mistake
msinghal80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 14:51   #1207
BHPian

To all who are upset about the "Luxury pack" not available with AWD, I would love to know whether someone will really pay a Rs 2.25 lac premium (on the road) just for a 360 degree camera?? The other features are not so indispensable, IMHO.

The Diesel AT AWD combination at just a tad over Rs 25 lacs on the road is a dream proposition . Make no mistake about this. The competition doesn't even offer an AWD and ADAS and is charging Rs 2 lacs more (OTR) for a 170PS engine. The next Diesel AT AWD 7 seater with a pano sunroof is a Chinese one and it costs Rs 20 lacs more.

Grab it fast guys, u can bicker later!

A few people may go ahead and book a Seltos or a Creta just because Mahindra skipped the Luxury pack for the AT AWD variant. What they needed was an excuse and Mahindra has given just that to them.

Last edited by Geta : 30th September 2021 at 15:19.
Geta is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 14:53   #1208
BHPian

As stated by someone above we can explore the 360 Degree view of the car and what I have checked is AX5 Diesel Automatic won't come with Auto Climate control, Cruise control, Push button start, and not even the TMPS.

Slightly offtopic but I think Tata has distributed the features sensibly in Safari.
Safari is expensive because they source the Engine and transmission from outside and I feel the weight of the car is much more than XUV700. Let's wait for official Figures.

Leave the newly introduced Gold edition aside and Safari XT (2nd top) gets HVAC, Push button start, Cruise control, and many other features that are required in daily life. Anyways this is subjective and varies from person to person.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screen-shot-20210930-2.45.14-pm.png  

rpmmachine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 14:56   #1209
BHPian

Went ahead and added to cart As per the website, adding to cart does not mean booking, and after official launch we will get a notification, have to pay and then book. I called up the dealer, Industrial Farm Equipments, and enquired about XUV 7OO bookings. The person on the line didn't have much information about the XUV7OO and I had to tell him that bookings would be open from 7th as per Mahindra's own official website and the price for the AX7 L AT would be around 21.5L. Anyway, he took my name and number and then told me that he would give my number to a sales executive and have him call me by Monday. Not really hopeful but will update the thread if I get any info for Assam XUV7OO booking.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-xuv-7oo-add-cart.jpg  

wadewilson is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 14:58   #1210
BHPian

AX5 Diesel 7 Seater variant seems to tick most boxes for me,
just need to get Rear Camera installed to it and hoping there is an option to set-up 360 Camera later (I mean Camera ports are open in Adrenox etc.)
MaanSingh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 15:04   #1211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta View Post
To all who are upset about the "Luxury pack" not available with AWD, I would love to know whether someone will really pay a Rs 2.25 lac premium (on the road) just for a 360 degree camera?? The other features are not so indispensable, IMHO.

The Diesel AT AWD combination at just a tad over Rs 25 lacs on the road is a dream proposition . Make no mistake about this. The competition doesn't even offer an AWD and ADAS and is charging Rs 2 lacs more (OTR) for a 170PS engine. The next Diesel AT AWD 7 seater with a pano sunroof is a Chinese one and it costs Rs 20 lacs more.

Grab it fast guys, u can bicker later!
Well, there are people out there who are willing to spend on features like an extra airbag, blind view monitoring, 360 degree camera, premium sound system by Sony, Passive keyless entry, telescopic steering, EPB etc etc.
Vivek Menon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 15:13   #1212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10nitin View Post
I'm really bummed that the AWD + Luxury pack is not an option !! That's the variant I was looking at as well. I think they've done this so that the price range is in check but it doesn't make any sense if people are willing to pay that amount.
Spoke to someone I know in the Local Dealership here. As per him, AWD + Luxury pack is not an option as of now. Diesel variants would be in shortage till late 1st quarter of next year. AWD + Luxury pack in AX7 D AT plus/optional ventilated seats trims may be on offer by March/April 2022 & could be announced earlier. As per him, these are tentative dates and expect a few months addition to them, if the chip crises doesn't ease out in the next few months.

Not sure about the authenticity of what the Dealer said, just sharing the information here.

Last edited by Manojah : 30th September 2021 at 15:16.
Manojah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 15:38   #1213
BHPian

Think we are focusing too much on the features nowadays. For me, the winner is the combination of the engine/build/drive/safety. Most reviewers loved driving it compared to the Safari. The prices are more or less par with the Taigun which is probably not even its competition (Tiguan probably).

Ideal variant for me would a 5 seater AX7, however I would just fold the seats down (on the 7 seater) and use that boot space. I am happy that ADAS which is a safety feature comes included instead of some features. An electronic parking brake would be great but I would any day choose a safer car over that. It still have a reverse camera atleast,my 2016 BMW doesn't even have a electronic brake/camera.

I am confused between this and the Compass, but the Compass is 6L more expensive (ex showroom) and has a cramped rear seat. Though it might have a better build but its also 30L+ on road for a Diesel AT.

Note: I am assuming there is no difference between a 5 seater and 7 seater in terms of positioning of the seats etc (Basically the 5 seater comes with a larger boot instead).

Last edited by kartavya : 30th September 2021 at 15:47.
Old 30th September 2021, 15:41   #1214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraViolence View Post
It would be really helpful if anyone could explain what these below mentioned features mean:
  • Mobile adaptability charging provision, including wireless charging
  • Intelli-Control
  • Smart Close
  • Selective Unlock
I believe mobile adaptability charging might be related to fast charging.Not fully sure.

Intellicontrol is the rotary wheel control that is given in the center console to access the infotainment/ call functions.

Selective unlock is basically allowing us to select which doors to unlock. May be like first press for drivers door, second press for all doors. Not sure how it is configured in XUV 700.

I am also curious about "Smart close". It's there in AX7 and AX7 L only.
Vivek Menon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 15:49   #1215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaikalra01 View Post
What happened? I'm sorry I have not been following this thread. Is there a delay in deliveries?
Ok first thing, I saw the announcement on the web where the 7 seater was available only on Ax7. I was miffed with that. Only after fed members posted the full pdf document i became aware of ** for 7 seater options. Bad way of putting it I'd say.

Considering they were offering AT on all trims, not offering AT option on AX3 diesel doesn't make sense.

I am personal segment customer who would have settled on Triber if it had a diesel. Trying to find a 7 str diesel vehicle is very difficult and it seems a proper 7 seater Diesel starts only with Hector+. XL6 / Ertiga have no more diesels in their lineup after BS6.

When someone buys safari he doesn't have to think twice whether its 5 str or a 7 str. If XUV700 was competing with safari, Hector+ and Alcazar all 3 then it should have offered 7 seater with diesel option starting from mx variant. Also AX3 -Diesel 5 Seater has AT but AX3-Diesel 7 Seater is available only with MT .... why?
Also, Petrol 7 seater doesn't even start before AX5. I can understand the complexity reduction target but still why would it remove such an option from day 1 of sales?

Last edited by anu21v : 30th September 2021 at 15:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks