Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2021, 17:27   #1126
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

As its the first batch, there is always a question of issues/niggles and not only initially but maybe long term as well. What would be good to know on 2nd Oct is the pricing of the "SHIELD" extended warranty that Mahindra offers on all its vehicles. Standard that comes with the car is fixed 3yrs, 1,00,000 kms for XUV500 and 1,20,000kms for Altura G4.

For comparision :

XUV 500 4th year 1,20,000kms is 16,500/- and the 4th+5th 1,50,000kms together is priced at 23,600/-

Alturas G4 4th year 1,20,000kms is 29,000/- and 4th+5th 1,50,000 kms together is priced at 40,500/-

So, XUV700 should fall right in between these two and we can add this price to the on-road price. Couldn't find anything has been discussed on extended warranty and its cost yet.

Last edited by sixthsense : 29th September 2021 at 17:33.
sixthsense is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 17:41   #1127
Distinguished - BHPian

2022 Mahindra Scorpio Spotted Testing in Leh alongside XUV700.

Name:  91wheels30.png
Views: 614
Size:  188.6 KB

Quote:
the next generation 2022 Mahindra Scorpio undergoing cold weather testing in Leh alongside the Mahindra XUV700.

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th September 2021 at 17:43.
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 17:50   #1128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCarLover View Post
Just saw the news in the link below

https://www.carandbike.com/news/mahi...launch-2556766

Though it is not confirmed news, according to what is mentioned, AX7 variant does not seem to have a AWD for Diesel. Is this true or am I missing something?
I don't think this is true. It's been reported by Team BHP and Autocar India that "AWD standard only on top-spec AX7 Diesel-AT".

https://www.team-bhp.com/news/mahind...iesel-gets-awd
Old 29th September 2021, 17:54   #1129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
YES! I guess I wasn't able to articulate this properly in my earlier post. Deep down my worry is whether I'll be able to care for an expensive car, considering this is my first car ownership.

I've a lot of experience driving a variety of cars - being the assigned driver for our family car, numerous rental car road trips etc. But till now, I've only done the driving part of it. Not the owning part.
I had recently done some numbers on this scenario for a friend. EMI Terms it felt like a bigger car was affordable but as you look at running costs - It was not going to be very useable. No point having a car and not being able to use it regularly.

Stick to your comfortable budget. Pick up a vehicle within that budget with things that are a must have. If you are a keen driver, see what impresses you the most on the road.

If you stretch your purchase budget, you would not have the money to pay for the fuel or maintenance. Fuel in itself will cost you 5-8K per month ordinarily and double that if you do a long trip in a month.
Kosfactor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 18:01   #1130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraViolence View Post
And it is going to be used mainly for long highway trips multiple times a year. I've been putting my car purchase on hold from last couple of years, primarily due to lack of good options in the segment.
Tell me about this! I've been waiting for one since 2019. It's only for namesake that this segment has so many options. I just see the segment infested with inferior quality overpriced products.

Which is the exact reason why XUV7OO is the top contender.

I truly commend you for being able to wait for another year. Do you have another car or is it that you don't have an immediate requirement?

For us, a car has become a necessity. So not sure if I can wait until the niggles are ironed out.
krishnakumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 18:09   #1131
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
Anyone having pictures of White color?
Quote:
Anyone who has seen it in person can suggest which one looks better, White or silver?
Here you go, rpmmachine.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-2.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-1.jpg

Credits - Haqim Khan from Gurgaon.

In other news, birdie chirps that techs at Mahindra dealerships received training on intercooler hose clamp orientation change (petrols), Transmission Gear Shift (TGS) bezel cover cleaning for the ATs, and suspension torquing during the PDI process for the 7OO, earlier today.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 29th September 2021 at 18:35. Reason: added last part.
RavenAvi is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 18:13   #1132
BHPian

One of my contacts at Mahindra Yelahanka Bangalore is stating that they will get their allotted cars only by Oct 1st/2nd. He says test drives will start immediately after they receive the cars. He also says prices and variants will be announced tomorrow evening. However, he is not sure about when they can accept bookings.
Old 29th September 2021, 18:39   #1133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
So not sure if I can wait until the niggles are ironed out.
I am in a similar predicament and wanted to understand how likely these "niggles" are and what are the chances of them compromising the usability of the car beyond the first few months ?

My understanding is that major issues of the sort that make the car impossible to use are quite rare, and minor ones are promptly fixed by a visit to the service center (Is this impression correct?)

I don't care about resale value as such since I expect to own and use the car until it becomes a clunker.
Old 29th September 2021, 18:52   #1134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Here you go, rpmmachine.

Attachment 2213178

Attachment 2213179

Credits - Haqim Khan from Gurgaon.
Thanks for the pictures, I think Silver looks better than the white. Will decide once I go and check personally.

I'm in the same boat whether to buy XUV300 or Safari or XUV700.

I have planned to go with my family and will take a proper test drive of all 3 options with everyone inside so that they can feel the ride and decide.

I will always suggest XUV300 over Nexon because of the after-sales services of TATA.
Mahindra has come far ahead of TATA in terms of customer satisfaction and also XUV300 has better leg space for the 2nd-row occupants.

Last edited by rpmmachine : 29th September 2021 at 18:56. Reason: added few more lines
Old 29th September 2021, 19:28   #1135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BharathXUV700 View Post
I don't think this is true. It's been reported by Team BHP and Autocar India that "AWD standard only on top-spec AX7 Diesel-AT".
Yes this is how it was reported at first. However, in the price leak it showed that AX5 also has an AWD option.

Considering that this might be just bogus, I asked the SA if AX5 had AWD and he also said it is on offer.

I think AWD is being provided from AX5 itself, which would be awesome if true. Waiting for the price reveal to settle this confusion.
Old 29th September 2021, 19:45   #1136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotil View Post
dealers too are behaving in the same manner, here in Mumbai they are absolutely steadfast - “No intimation from Mahindra”, either they are too well trained or have no clue whatsoever
Looks like this message has been delivered to my dealer atleast, first pro-active update that media unveil on 1st and showroom launch on 2nd, prices would be available on 1st itself, no clarity on bookings though
Old 29th September 2021, 20:26   #1137
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks to Prashanth for these.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-1.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-22.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-17.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-16.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-15.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-9.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-12.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-11.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-13.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-19.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-10.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-8.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-5.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-21.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-2.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 29th September 2021 at 20:32. Reason: arrangement.
RavenAvi is offline   (45) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 20:47   #1138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogishkamath View Post
I am in a similar predicament and wanted to understand how likely these "niggles" are and what are the chances of them compromising the usability of the car beyond the first few months ?

My understanding is that major issues of the sort that make the car impossible to use are quite rare, and minor ones are promptly fixed by a visit to the service center (Is this impression correct?)

I don't care about resale value as such since I expect to own and use the car until it becomes a clunker.
I am also on the same boat, and am looking at this as our last ICE powered car. I believe by the time I want my next, electric cars would be ruling the market. I am expecting niggles related to the software part more than mechanical. This is where I would need the opinions of the experienced people here. Are there any 'first in segment' mechanical components like the FSDs which are a potential source of niggles since it's pretty new even for M&M ? Think there's no answer to such questions now..

It's like : either take the risk and enjoy most of the good part of the car early and relatively cheaply, or wait for a longer waiting period and higher cost but probably for a better finished product. My excitement for this vehicle is making me chose the former. I also wish to upgrade from my current car asap and so, am prepared for slight niggles.

Quote:
Thanks for the pictures, I think Silver looks better than the white. Will decide once I go and check personally.
True, white seems so plain and almost unfinished, which is really interesting since I've always felt that white is a color which suits every car. On the other hand Silver seems way more good-looking than White. It might be that M&M don't expect the car to look that good in white that they didn't even show it anywhere till date despite showing off each and every other paint option as much as anyone probably can.
APB98 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 22:21   #1139
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Thanks to Prashanth for these.
I see this information is the same as shown on the Mahindra website with formatting changes. It doesn't reveal key things like whether AX3 & AX5 have a 7 seater AT variant or not? Hope I'm not missing the dots because of the anxiety!

Last edited by Aditya : 30th September 2021 at 18:25. Reason: Edited for better readability
Old 29th September 2021, 23:00   #1140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by APB98 View Post
I am also on the same boat, and am looking at this as our last ICE powered car. ...
This is where I would need the opinions of the experienced people here. Are there any 'first in segment' mechanical components like the FSDs which are a potential source of niggles since it's pretty new even for M&M ? Think there's no answer to such questions now..
Most people looking to buy a new car at this juncture are in the same boat as you. Fuel prices rising, EV's being introduced but are at a nascent stage. So yes, probably the last ICE car before the next purchase is the best case scenario at the moment. I feel the same

In respect of FSD, these are the same Koni FSD which are being used by Jeep in Compass since introduction of the car; this (M&M) however being a second generation of the same. I feel mechanical FSD's are much safer bet as because these are nothing but hydraulic controllers rather than being electronically controlled dampers available available in higher segment cars. Also, I have not come across any compass owner complain of FSD faults. Instead, the car is a gem to drive owing to the FSD (in combination with the independent suspension).

So in essence, this should prove to be a reliable construction.

My only apprehension is on the "in car" software available at launch and its reliability which is a leap of faith we would have to take as a purchaser of a fresh product. No doubt, in case of any glitches in softwares are much easily patched than any mechanical error.
KapilD is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks