Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2021, 13:53   #1111
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post
Not sure how authentic is this leak about the pricing of XUV700, but here it is:

Attachment 2213100

https://www.carandbike.com/news/mahi...launch-2556766
From the table above, it looks like there is no MT in AX7. Sure does not look like a very clean job by whoever created this. There are a lot of lapses in the way the trims have been listed.

Eg: There are 2 AX7 Petrol AT Opt AWD versions with differing prices!
Attached Images

normaltusker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 13:59   #1112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post
Not sure how authentic is this leak about the pricing of XUV700, but here it is:

Attachment 2213100

https://www.carandbike.com/news/mahi...launch-2556766
If my eyes are alright, AX7 AT Diesel Std AWD and Diesel Opt AWD are missing from that list.

And AX7 AT Petrol Opt AWD is repeated twice, without mentioning any distinction (L, C, T, etc.). I believe the 5th row listing from bottom (price ₹ 21.69 L) could be the AX7 AT Diesel Opt AWD, not petrol.
k_ajay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 14:08   #1113
BANNED

Checked with my dealer contact at TN and got to know that one of their sales team member is attending the sales orientation program for 2 days but are not aware of booking open date, should be known to them at least 2 days prior to actual bookings open date.

This means very remote chances of bookings open on 2nd Oct.
Old 29th September 2021, 14:56   #1114
BHPian

No where I could find the details of the three optional packs on offer C, T and L which stands for ‘Comfort’, ‘Technology’ and ‘Luxury’ .

Anyone came across these details or already discussed early in this thread?
Old 29th September 2021, 14:57   #1115
BHPian

I am feeling jealous of you guys. I called the dealers in Pune, and they are not giving any info. One dealer today said they are expecting launch around 8th/9th, and after that the bookings will open. As per them they haven't received any cars yet.
Old 29th September 2021, 15:08   #1116
BHPian

The chaps at Sireesh Auto Mahindra, Bangalore got in touch with me and said prices will be revealed by tomorrow evening.

The sales guy said that I will be invited to test drive and buy on the day of the launch if I gave him my aadhar, PAN, email etc. I did.

Hope they don't misuse it to block a vehicle in my name and sell it for a mark-up later (assuming I choose not to buy)
Old 29th September 2021, 15:11   #1117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
No where I could find the details of the three optional packs on offer C, T and L which stands for ‘Comfort’, ‘Technology’ and ‘Luxury’ .

Anyone came across these details or already discussed early in this thread?
Other than the combination of packs available, no further details are listed anywhere.

More details will be revealed by Mahindra on the official XUV700 website very soon.

If you have missed this,

Here you go, Shared by Sir RavenAvi few pages back
Post No- #963

Quote:
One small thing to share - the 3 Option packs are Comfort, Tech & Luxury (which you all probably already know). But these Option packs are categorised in the same order too. Meaning - you will get some optional features in the Comfort (C) pack, a few extra/separate goodies in the Tech (T) pack, and ALL the optional features listed (the entire kitchen sink) in the Luxury (L) pack.

In short, the Luxury pack (L) is a combination of the Comfort (C) & Tech (T) packs. All features offered in the first two will be offered in the L
Link (Mahindra XUV700 Review)

Last edited by Venkatesh : 29th September 2021 at 15:23.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 15:19   #1118
BHPian

My dealer in RJ shared that the the launch is on 2nd Oct. Though he did not give any details of the variants, pricing and TD but confirmed that all information would be revealed on 2nd Oct.

As I purchased a Thar Petrol AT, 2 months back from the same dealer, i've no reason to doubt what he told me is hearsay. He had taken my KYC documents on 27th Sep for the XUV700.
Old 29th September 2021, 15:53   #1119
BHPian

Fellow BHPians, help me clear this dilemma.

Quote:
Should I gamble with the first batch of XUV700 or should I book the well-tested Nexon?
Seems like an oddball comparison but my requirements were very simple:

1. Strong chassis and high on safety
2. Powerful diesel engine (for all the long drives planned)
3. An automatic transmission preferred but not a necessity
4. Max budget of 21-22L OTR, comfortable range is 10-15L

For the longest time, the contenders were just the Nexon and Sonet, with a few wild card entries like the new City and Verna.

With the XUV700 hitting it out of the park in terms of specs sheet and pricing, it is the strongest contender in the game now. It literally ticks all the boxes and even the most specific ones like extendable sun visor.

However, what is bothering me is whether I should gamble my first car ownership with a 22L first batch product which could be riddled with concerns.

I have an immediate requirement of car (no 4-wheeler at home, car rentals have become expensive and unreliable) and hence waiting for an iterated version of XUV700 is going to leave me with no steed for 1-1.5years.

Which presents me with the question - what should be primary option?

Quote:
Option A:

Book the proven, less perfect Nexon which falls in a comfortable price range. Make some compromises in creature comforts, but the car gives strong safety and great driving pleasure. Moreover, booking to delivery timeline is most likely going to be shorter than even the first batch XUV700. Later, go for an upgrade 5-6 years later.

Quote:
Option B:
Be the early adopter and buy the first batch of XUV700. It will satisfy all the creature comforts, driving pleasure and safety. Keep the car for longer. Might be a bit of a gamble if there are lots of niggles.
Old 29th September 2021, 16:21   #1120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post

Seems like an oddball comparison but my requirements were very simple:

For the longest time, the contenders were just the Nexon and Sonet, with a few wild card entries like the new City and Verna.

However, what is bothering me is whether I should gamble my first car ownership with a 22L first batch product which could be riddled with concerns.

I have an immediate requirement of car (no 4-wheeler at home, car rentals have become expensive and unreliable) and hence waiting for an iterated version of XUV700 is going to leave me with no steed for 1-1.5years.

Although your query should go in "What car" section, I would just give my thoughts here.

1. I would suggest buying XUV7OO after a year or so although it seems like Mahindra has done enough testing on the car. The advantage of going in more premium cars is you do not need to change car in next 5 years or so. I am sure there are lot of threads related to this in our forum. Browse through.

2. If you are really urgent need of car then how about buying a used car for less than 4-5 lakhs (if you have enough budget for this). This small car can be used as city beater car and XUV7OO for your family and highway trips. In Bangalore, big cars are curse.

3. If you are not ok with point-1 and 2, then I think Nexon MT diesel or XUV3OO MT diesel makes sense. Both are good and the latter has more powerful spec.

4. If automatic is the decision, the Korean cars such as Sonet, Creta, Seltos Diesel AT is superior choice.

Hope this helps?
Old 29th September 2021, 16:27   #1121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My requirements were very simple:

With such a large budget range, are you sure diesel is a must-have? Petrol options might be more suitable for you e.g. the Astor. While fuel bills are gonna be higher, you might get away with a much lower purchase price.
Old 29th September 2021, 16:29   #1122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

7OO is the best option for the money - But - money is not everything, being able to put your first car to good use is probably more important.

First car should ideally be something more manageable, not from a purchase cost perspective but overall expenses and ease of driving perspective. You can always buy an XUV later.
Old 29th September 2021, 16:37   #1123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAND23 View Post

1. I would suggest buying XUV7OO after a year or so although it seems like Mahindra has done enough testing on the car. The advantage of going in more premium cars is you do not need to change car in next 5 years or so.

2. If you are really urgent need of car then how about buying a used car for less than 4-5 lakhs (if you have enough budget for this). This small car can be used as city beater car and XUV7OO for your family and highway trips. In Bangalore, big cars are curse.

3. If you are not ok with point-1 and 2, then I think Nexon MT diesel or XUV3OO MT diesel makes sense. Both are good and the latter has more powerful spec.

4. If automatic is the decision, the Korean cars such as Sonet, Creta, Seltos Diesel AT is superior choice.

Hope this helps?
Thank you for your thoughts.

I'm a bit worried on buying a used car since it needs to be a much more involved process but this is an option I'm keeping open. With the launch of Ola cars, I'm assuming I'll find some options relatively easily.

I was discounting the Korean twins simply because of the bad reviews and the tin-can monocoques they're running on. Which left me with the Nexon MT Diesel, although I'm bound to get a 5year itch with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
With such a large budget range, are you sure diesel is a must-have? Petrol options might be more suitable for you e.g. the Astor. While fuel bills are gonna be higher, you might get away with a much lower purchase price.
I have pegged my annual mileage at ~15000-18000 km. I'm estimating ~1000km/month and a couple of very long distance 2000km trip per year. Hence, considering Diesel as the preferred option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
First car should ideally be something more manageable, not from a purchase cost perspective but overall expenses and ease of driving perspective. You can always buy an XUV later.
YES! I guess I wasn't able to articulate this properly in my earlier post. Deep down my worry is whether I'll be able to care for an expensive car, considering this is my first car ownership.

I've a lot of experience driving a variety of cars - being the assigned driver for our family car, numerous rental car road trips etc. But till now, I've only done the driving part of it. Not the owning part.

Last edited by krishnakumar : 29th September 2021 at 16:41.
Old 29th September 2021, 16:50   #1124
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your thoughts.

I'm a bit worried on buying a used car since it needs to be a much more involved process but this is an option I'm keeping open. With the launch of Ola cars, I'm assuming I'll find some options relatively easily.

I was discounting the Korean twins simply because of the bad reviews and the tin-can monocoques they're running on. Which left me with the Nexon MT Diesel, although I'm bound to get a 5year itch with this.
In this case, then XUV7OO makes sense (Diesel AT). Just be ready for any glitches during initial batches which I am sure Mahindra will address it immediately. You can also think about Harrier and Safari too since you have good budget.

Slightly off-topic. It is just so good to see that our Indian manufacturers like TATA and Mahindra are becoming top contenders in premium segment. In my friends group, I see whoever upgraded in last 1 or 2 years either they went with TATA or Mahindra. Kudos to both of them.
GRAND23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 17:09   #1125
BHPian

Quote:
YES! I guess I wasn't able to articulate this properly in my earlier post. Deep down my worry is whether I'll be able to care for an expensive car, considering this is my first car ownership.

I've a lot of experience driving a variety of cars - being the assigned driver for our family car, numerous rental car road trips etc. But till now, I've only done the driving part of it. Not the owning part.
I think you'll be just fine owning an "expensive" car as your first car. I am in the same boat as you are. XUV700 is going to be my first car. And it is going to be used mainly for long highway trips multiple times a year. I've been putting my car purchase on hold from last couple of years, primarily due to lack of good options in the segment. After getting royally disappointed by the german twins, I have zeroed in on XUV700. But I am also aware of the fact that buying it right now due to excitement will be something I will regret (if the initial batches are riddled with niggles). So I have decided to wait just one more year (I know it's painfully hard to wait for 1 more year now after already waiting for 2 years). I hope the initial niggles will be sorted by next year.

Now coming to your dilemma about owning an expensive vehicle as your first one. Let me tell you, I had never owned a 2-wheeler in my life and straight away I got myself the Street Triple. Almost everyone suggested to not go for that and instead go for a "normal" bike and then get an expensive bike after 2-3 years. But I'm glad I listened to my heart and bought it.

Infact, I believe that owning a high-end vehicle to start with disciplines our driving/owning behaviour. We tend to be more careful and connected to our car/bike from the first day and are excited to ride/drive it even after years. One more thing it helps in is if we own a big vehicle as our first one then we can be comfortable with anything in future. The opposite is not always true.
UltraViolence is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks