Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2021, 10:18   #1036
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Which dealer did you visit for the Freedom Drive?
I had visited Randhawa Motors, Vikhroli West. I went there at around 11:00 am to enquire when they informed me that the cars would come to their showroom at around 5:30.

They called me in the afternoon to confirm the arrival time. The cars reached there at around 5:00 pm and were available to see for the next 1 hour.
bill1182 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 10:46   #1037
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
The 3rd-row seat which was important for me is good.

I can feel the reduction in height of XUV700 as I had XUV500 in past and in the 3rd row I Can sit easily(6"1') for long rides.
Is it better than the other 7 seater SUV's available on the market today?
E.g. Safari, Hector Plus and Alcazar?
HammerHead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 10:49   #1038
BHPian

So I had dropped by one of Mahindra dealer here to check out the possibility of having a look at XUV7OO. They've already received few vehicles (Display + Test Drive) however there are not allowed to bring those at showroom and hence couldn't get a hand on it. They're not moving the vehicles out of stock yard just yet. On checking if they've any idea about Diesel variant launching as well to which he confirmed in affirmative and said both petrol and diesel will launch together. With different update coming from various sources, I'm bit skeptical about it but I hope Mahindra provides both the options at initial launch.

I also enquired about All New Thar and the SA promised to deliver Petrol LX AT HT before Diwali if booked in a week. Diesel Thar waiting period continues to remain same i.e. 10-12 months.
LeoMachine is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 11:08   #1039
Senior - BHPian

An update from Bengaluru, information from a dealership sales contact (near Silk Board):

- Bookings will start from 07 October
- Entire variants matrix and all variants pricing are to be revealed before end of September (sales contact mentioned this twice, with conviction)
- Both Petrol and Diesel variants will be on display in the showrooms AND available for Test Drive from 07 October.
- AWD bookings is also expected to start from 07 October. No information for any delayed introduction being received by dealership personnel.
- As some other members pointed out, in pre-booking phase, dealerships are taking only KYC documents for punching in bookings the day it opens. No booking ₹ amount yet taken, as confirmation is awaited from M&M.
- Minimum booking amount “expected” is ₹25,000. Again, this will depend on what M&M informs them.
- Cancellation fee is applicable for this dealership and 10% of booking amount, as per sales person. Negotiating on this will need manager’s intervention.
- Sales contact asked me what I was expecting the price of AX7 Diesel AT 7 seats AWD to be. I said between ₹26 - ₹26.5 lakhs. He said they’re expecting or hearing that the fully kitted top end diesel AWD to be between ₹27L - ₹28L on-road Bengaluru.

I am hoping the AWD AT to be a tad bit under ₹27L on-road BLR, so it undercuts the top offering of Safari a little.

Will share more as I get information from the sales person.

Last edited by k_ajay : 27th September 2021 at 11:11.
k_ajay is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 11:17   #1040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Is it better than the other 7 seater SUV's available on the market today?
E.g. Safari, Hector Plus and Alcazar?
It's much better than Alcazar and Hector Plus. For Safari, I feel like safari's seats are more comfortable(XZA+) but the space is almost equal.
Alcazar is like if you don't have legs at all, I doubt even if children can sit there comfortably. Alcazar is the shortest in all and has a larger boot than others, so you can imagine yourself the seats and comfort.
If you check the dimensions below source
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screen-shot-20210927-11.05.42-am.png

Hector PLus is longest than all but 3rd row is not up to the marks when compared to length.

I have seen people crying for the boot space. For me I will never ever want to compromise the boot space for the comfort of 3rd row. You always have an option to fold the 3rd row and use it for luggage.
Cramped 3rd row with a little more boot space will neither serve as 7 seater nor can provide the proper boot space.
I don't know why people even demand more boot space than comfortable 3rd row?
MG can come with a facelift including Diesel Automatic and also the larger 3rd-row space to compete with XUV700.
When you compare safari, XTA+ comes with minimal features and is 20+ ex-showroom. Tata motors don't even bother to reply on Twitter and you can also read the SCAM happened in Ludhiana about safari. Customer satisfaction is much more in MG and Mahindra when compared to TATA.

All members Please go through offline bookings if you want to get your hands early on XUV700.
Online booking of Mahindra is still far behind the offline method as the system is not failproof and dealers intentionally delay the KYC for the benifit of other customers who are booking through them (offline) as explained by salesperson who is known to us.

Last edited by rpmmachine : 27th September 2021 at 11:29. Reason: Added few more lines
rpmmachine is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 11:25   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
I am hoping the AWD AT to be a tad bit under ₹27L on-road BLR, so it undercuts the top offering of Safari a little.
I got a quote of 29.46 lakh OTR for the top end safari (without their "value pack" that includes extended warranty, amc and ceramic coating)

Are you excluding insurance from the OTR price ?
Old 27th September 2021, 12:49   #1042

I just got a call from one of the Mahindra dealers for KYC. The booking amount they quoted is 51,000/-

Last edited by jam05 : 27th September 2021 at 13:05.
Old 27th September 2021, 13:28   #1043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
If anybody's interested in approaching the dealer as a group to get priority delivery / ease of getting logistics / handling charges etc removed and negotiate better insurance rates then pls dm. I am sure if we can go as a group of bhpians the dealer will be "professional", both because of the higher booking numbers as well as the clout of TBHP

Thanks again and God bless
Hi akg7091,

I live in Delhi and also interested in the group booking. Do let me/us (other bhp'ians) know how and when we can get together and go about this process.
TkyoPandaMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 13:31   #1044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
Thanks. My only concern is that based on the current info available it seems all trims MX to AX5 will be getting manual A/C and only the AX7 will be getting dual climate control. I would be very happy to go in for the AX5 variant if it has even single zone ACC, but I believe that is not a feature we will be able to retrofit or customize in any way. Would be happy to be proven wrong though
As I mentioned, let us wait for official brochure from Mahindra. I agree with you that atleast single zone ACC should be provided at AX5 variant. Ofcourse, you cannot retrofit these things.
Hope Mahindra's product planning is reading lot of these threads and understand the customer preferences.

Well Mahindra team, please do not screw good car with worst product planning.
Although, I am sure there might be few additions/deletions of features as the sales initiate.
GRAND23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 14:28   #1045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
A brief walkaround of the AX7 MT petrol (normal, without an option pack):-

One thing of note - the normal AX7 MT petrol (sans any optional pack) comes with a flippy key AND a start-stop button!

Apparently, some people at Mahindra need to get their brains checked.

Received one as a forward on Whatsapp.

Attachment 2212274
Key is provided in the event of battery failure of remote to open the door. You need to bring the remote close to start stop button to start the engine but to open the door you will need the physical key.
Have done that when remote battery fails in my fluidic Verna.
Old 27th September 2021, 14:45   #1046
BHPian

Just got off the call from a Mahindra exec who was following up on my interest in XUV7OO. He informed about the upcoming launch in first week of October and said that a test drive will be made available as soon as possible. I specifically asked him about the availability of AWD across variants and he replied that AWD will only be available with the top trim 7 seater. Anyways, itching to go on that TD and hoping to share the details as soon as I have them.
GKR9900 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 15:17   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TkyoPandaMan View Post
Hi akg7091,

I live in Delhi and also interested in the group booking. Do let me/us (other bhp'ians) know how and when we can get together and go about this process.
Hi

Sent you a dm.
If more people join in we can form a WA group to coordinate.
akg7091 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 15:19   #1048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogishkamath View Post
I got a quote of 29.46 lakh OTR for the top end safari (without their "value pack" that includes extended warranty, amc
May I know which top end version of Safari and which city/ state?
Are you referring to the new Gold version. Because the Adventure Persona version (AT) is available at 26,20,000 minus extended warranty. This is at Mumbai.
Old 27th September 2021, 15:20   #1049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by footloose View Post
Hi akg7091,
I live in Ghaziabad and interested in booking the car. Please let me know how to go about it collectively. I don't know how to dm so messaging here. Apologies to everyone else here.
I don't know why but I can't find an option to DM you, only to send you an email. Can you please email me your contact info at : ashish.ait@gmail.com ?
Mine is a confirmed booking. Another bhpian from Delhi is also interested. We can all connect on whatsapp to take this forward
Old 27th September 2021, 15:23   #1050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model-Bouncer View Post
I am interested. Not getting any option to DM you.
I have no idea how to DM you either. My DM is functional as somebody else did DM me. Pls email me your contact info at ashish.ait@gmail.com

@Mods : kindly merge my recent posts in one. I tried quote+ but I guess due to the adblocker or something else it didn't load in my browser.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks