Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2021, 17:45   #2611
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
A rather funny ADAS review of XUV. Those who know Kannada will enjoy this light hearted drive.

ADAS appears to be very effective and rather impressive.
Nice share... thanks for the video. ADAS is indeed a great addition for safe driving and this could be a common feature in future cars (including EVs). I feel that ADAS, Lane Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control would be of great use in highways. We might have challenges in city roads, but I am sure once the users are used to these, they will find it useful in city driving also. To start with, would be good to have it in Alert mode in city and Full mode in highway.

If ADAS is failing because of technical issue, then the company can be blamed. If ADAS is failing because of Indian road conditions, then you know who is to be blamed
MukundanMK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 18:26   #2612

Looks like XUV 700 has something more to offer in the near future. Caught an XUV 700 being tested in Bangalore with a KA registered plate. Testing a vehicle after an official launch, and with a number plate from a different state instead of the home state, is what caught my attention. Since Mahindra have their electric mobility division in Bangalore, could this be an Hybrid in development?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20210914_150742.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-vlcsnap2021102718h21m59s072.png  

Kishh_Krishn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 19:11   #2613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishh_Krishn View Post
Looks like XUV 700 has something more to offer in the near future. Caught an XUV 700 being tested in Bangalore with a KA registered plate. Testing a vehicle after an official launch, and with a number plate from a different state instead of the home state, is what caught my attention. Since Mahindra have their electric mobility division in Bangalore, could this be an Hybrid in development?
Could this be the so called Dark edition? I see the Alloys are unusually darker and the biggest give away being the door handle, it looks jet black instead of midnight black. May be also like a Matt black thing because the back fender looks like so. Thoughts Bhpians?

Last edited by Monty1 : 27th October 2021 at 19:13. Reason: Typo
Old 27th October 2021, 19:33   #2614

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
Could this be the so called Dark edition? I see the Alloys are unusually darker and the biggest give away being the door handle, it looks jet black instead of midnight black. May be also like a Matt black thing because the back fender looks like so. Thoughts Bhpians?
Few things from my side - Why would testing be required for just a colour option? The headlamps and taillamps are still the basic setup. Even if it so, I wonder what are they testing with a KA plate, while most of their test vehicles are TN or MH registered.
Old 27th October 2021, 19:49   #2615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Priyam Asthana shares this:-

Attachment 2224739
Which city is this? This seems to be the first genuine customer delivery in process.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 19:52   #2616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
A rather funny ADAS review of XUV. Those who know Kannada will enjoy this light hearted drive.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=fm66xTaqhZQ

ADAS appears to be very effective and rather impressive.
As per the video the vehicle slows down for speed breakers with ADAS. Is it true?
Old 27th October 2021, 21:22   #2617
BHPian

So did any normal person get any updates from Mahindra barring the dozen odd cases floating on the internet ?
Old 27th October 2021, 21:26   #2618
Senior - BHPian

Hello bhpians,

Here is another round of info on the XUV700.

1. As of today there have been around 3500 cancellations for the petrol variant of the XUV700 mainly because of the fear of poor fuel economy as well as high waiting periods. So those who have booked their petrol XUVs on the first and the second day can expect their deliveries to be expedited by around 1 month.

2. My sources have reiterated that roughly 5500 XUVs produced from the first lot and mainly petrol are likely to face suspension and brake pad noise. So owners should keep a lookout for the same.

3. A new issue which is plaguing the XUV700 is driver side mirror noise when folding and unfolding. So this is another thing to be aware of.

4. According to my sources Mahindra will routinely provide OTA updates to the customers of the XUV700 mainly to improve the touchscreen performance but there are chances of getting the gearbox software updated through OTA updates for improved gearbox performance.

5. According to my sources the AWD system in the XUV700 is pretty poor when it comes to tackling off road conditions and that's another reason why it was not much highlighted during the media event in Chennai. Mahindra has only given this feature to have an on paper advantage against the competition from MG and Tata. If you are looking at doing anything more than mild off roading then you should wait for the all new Scorpio.

6. Mahindra expects to have a niggle free and fully matured XUV700 in the market by July next year. This is because from around March/April next year they are expecting to have a stabilized supply of matured parts from the suppliers which will enable Mahindra to achieve their target.

That's it for now. Stay tuned for more info.
ram87pune is online now   (65) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 21:48   #2619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello bhpians,

6. Mahindra expects to have a niggle free and fully matured XUV700 in the market by July next year. This is because from around March/April next year they are expecting to have a stabilized supply of matured parts from the suppliers which will enable Mahindra to achieve their target.

This is poor decision making from Mahindra if true. Rather than launching a product which is niggle free from the beginning, they are knowingly launching a product which is supposed to trouble owners. That too for a product which costs upwards of 25 lakhs. Not good for their brand and reputation

I really wonder what that 2 year long testing was for when Mahindra was happy to launch a product with niggles
p_darshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 22:01   #2620
BHPian

How was the xuv500 AWD in off-roading compared to a compass AWD, duster AWD or Tucson AWD? Anyone has any idea?

I have seen numerous videos of Xuv500 AWD off-roading and noticed that it was quite average. Xuv700 shouldn’t be too different from its predecessor when it comes to off-road.

I am hoping to book AWD variant but holding off for atleast 6months to stay away from gremlins that generally plague new Mahindras.

Experts can pitch in and guide us better on Xuv500 AWD capability.
AMG1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 22:13   #2621
BHPian

Quote:
2. My sources have reiterated that roughly 5500 XUVs produced from the first lot and mainly petrol are likely to face suspension and brake pad noise. So owners should keep a lookout for the same
This scares me because in my city, the dealer told me that the total bookings come up to around 470 or thereabouts. Hopefully, even though I booked on the 8th, my number will come last This will be the first Mahindra in our family and my dad is apprehensive. His first Mahindra was the MM540 which was sold when he bought the Maruti 800. Fast forward a few years and my dad saw a Bolero driven out of the showroom. As it was exiting, the car's front tyres gave way and the car fell face down on the ground. While Mahindra has come a long way, that incident still plays in his mind. I hope the suspension and brake pad noise won't be a major issue.

Quote:
3. A new issue which is plaguing the XUV700 is driver side mirror noise when folding and unfolding. So this is another thing to be aware of.
This is another bummer. Hope Mahindra is able to sort the issue out quickly and dispatch cars without the issue. Would not want our first experience of Mahindra to be constant service centre visits.

Quote:
5. According to my sources the AWD system in the XUV700 is pretty poor when it comes to tackling off road conditions and that's another reason why it was not much highlighted during the media event in Chennai. Mahindra has only given this feature to have an on paper advantage against the competition from MG and Tata. If you are looking at doing anything more than mild off roading then you should wait for the all new Scorpio.
I hope the AWD capability won't be nerfed much. Our road conditions (especially in North Eastern Region) is unpredictable. While it is improving, AWD would give us a little peace of mind. Even driving on state highways feels like going offroading sometimes. Hope AWD system would be able to tackle mild patches of bad roads.

Quote:
I hope and pray that deliveries for North Eastern region is delayed and I get the car around March/April 2022. Before ending the post, I would like to thank you once again dear ram87pune for giving us these updates which we otherwise won't have access to. It makes me aware of what to expect in case we are unlucky and get delivery early
wadewilson is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 22:18   #2622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Off-roading abilities of the XUV700 is expected to be inferior to that of Scorpio (ladder frame, lockable differential, possibly low range?) and this is by design. But is it going to be poor when compared to even XUV500? Can you please gather more info on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG1 View Post
How was the xuv500 AWD in off-roading compared to a compass AWD, duster AWD or Tucson AWD? Anyone has any idea?
Compass AWD (Trailhawk) has low range (not exactly real 'low range' but something which mimics it) and should be better but the one on Duster and Tucson should be identical to XUV500 AWD.

Last edited by Guna : 27th October 2021 at 22:23.
Guna is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 22:56   #2623
BHPian

Quote:
Hello bhpians,

Here is another round of info on the XUV700.

1. As of today there have been around 3500 cancellations for the petrol variant of the XUV700 mainly because of the fear of poor fuel economy as well as high waiting periods. So those who have booked their petrol XUVs on the first and the second day can expect their deliveries to be expedited by around 1 month.

At this rate you will be able to predict the exact delivery date for each of the BHPians keep them coming. Any update on the diesel delivery timelines?
Jyotil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 23:09   #2624
BHPian

Quote:

This one is a serious bummer since we were only willing to take this humongous decision considering this was the only car south of 30 lakh offering an AWD along with a Diesel AT.

Can you please get a bit more info on this. I understand that an AWD can never match a true 4x4 but can the setup in the 700 at least match up to the levels of the Duster AWD or the Haldex setup on Yeti?

I dont expect the 700 to Thar level stuff but when they say poor what are they weighing it up against?
adneo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 23:20   #2625
BHPian

So,

All the Hype for 27th OCTOBER and then the Day goes down without even a Single Update from MAHINDRA or the DEALERS.
This is not something expected from Mahindra on something they promised

If there was something which made them to Delay the Delivery Schedule Announcement, then they could have informed the same too
msksalman is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks