Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2022, 13:27   #4111
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
I also experienced the same issue last week. Car was left idle for 5 days, and on the sixth day, battery was completely discharged. As the car is an automatic, had to call RSA to get the car jumpstarted. The RSA guy was not able to pinpoint any issue though, and I was thinking of it as a one-off.

Pardon my confusion, but why does the car being an automatic or manual matter for jump-starting - assuming you have a new battery/jumpstart kit?

(Are you referring to tow/pull/rolling jumpstarting using the clutch to crank the engine?)

I suppose these teething troubles don't come as a surprise to many given the amount of electronics in the car. Still annoying for the new owners nevertheless :(

Last edited by Transmission : 10th January 2022 at 13:29.
Old 10th January 2022, 13:41   #4112

Quote:
I also experienced the same issue last week. Car was left idle for 5 days, and on the sixth day, battery was completely discharged. As the car is an automatic, had to call RSA to get the car jumpstarted. The RSA guy was not able to pinpoint any issue though, and I was thinking of it as a one-off.
I also faced the similar situation during dealership visit last week and then during PDI of my AX7 Midnight Black petrol Manual. In the showroom, it is understandable that car is not started most of the times and people use accesories/electronics on battery. However , during the PDI which was one day after my car reached the dealer stockyard , I was unable to open and start the car as battery died.

I am used to keeping my cars on standby for a month and start them once a week, sometimes 2 weeks and they respond just fine. If the battery can't even last a week , this is going to be some serious issue for me.
Active GPS, Connected car features are present in other cars as well and they don't come up with this issue. I hope this gets sorted out soon as fear of getting stranded is everyone's worst nightmare.

One more issue I would like to point out is the tail light assembly.
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220103_170457.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220103_170504.jpg
It was uneven in my car and other cars present in the stockyard. The lines don't match , the shunts don't close in gap properly however, the same thing is not present in TD cars. Is it impact of bad QA due to increased demands or just plain negligence.
BladeRunner is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 14:20   #4113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmission View Post
(Are you referring to tow/pull/rolling jumpstarting using the clutch to crank the engine?)

(
Yes I was referring to rolling jumpstart, which is not possible with AT.

I am fine with software niggles as a initial owner, however if the niggles start to interfere with not being able to drive the car at all, its a big red flag!
nasir88 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 14:50   #4114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post

7. According to my sources, all the TD and media XUV700s have better fit and finish of interior panels as compared to what the customers are getting. This is one of the tradeoffs of the huge waiting lists and mass production.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeRunner View Post
The lines don't match , the shunts don't close in gap properly however, the same thing is not present in TD cars. Is it impact of bad QA due to increased demands or just plain negligence.
Unfortunate, how an OEM can compromise their brand like this. Customers would not be wrong to conclude that Mahindra is not to be trusted with luxury variants.
dust-n-bones is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 15:55   #4115
BHPian

Quote:

However based on what you and other owners are pointing out, it could be a larger issue perhaps with the Adrenox system, which leads the car to consume significant battery on standby.....
Definitely it's a matter of concern for all existing and future owners. Mahindra should definitely look into this with highest level of priority. This will be huge risk for all owners. I can think that the condition will be more worse in cold climate, Hilly areas. I suggest you drop an email to Mahindra higher authority about this.
Old 10th January 2022, 16:55   #4116
BANNED

So many niggles and owner complaints, it makes me scared to put my hard earned money on Mahindra's table.

I might just add 10-15 lakhs more and buy Jeep Meridian or Skoda Kodaiq. If someone buying 25L+ car and would like to keep it for 5 years they should get hassle free experience.
sam_10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 17:47   #4117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirag08 View Post
Booked the AX7L Diesel MT in Silver on 31st December and just got a delivery date of August-September 2023. The SA at Randhawa Motors while taking the test drive said if you book now, you will get the car in 6 months, the dates given by Mahindra are on the higher side just to keep expectations low and there have been many cancellations. He said except for Midnight Black(which is just a very dark hue of blue atleast to my eyes) and Everest White the waiting time for other colours is lower.

The Customer Care guy who called me from Mahindra while I was trying to book a test drive pretty much said the same thing, he said officially it is 72 weeks but he implied that actual delivery would be sooner(within the year,atleast thats what I understood)

I have no issues waiting till but may look at the Hector ( with ADAS) if it comes anytime soon, else will wait for the XUV.
What the SA said couldn't have been true because 6 months would be more than a year earlier than the estimated delivery dates. What the Customer Care guy said however could be true.
Old 10th January 2022, 17:55   #4118
Senior - BHPian

Glad we postponed our purchase for a year ,these niggles need to be sorted out, hope Mahindra is listening. Also some important features which were missing NEED to be included in the appropriate variants. Dont wanna spend 20L and still regret.
faithless_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 18:45   #4119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh.alse View Post
You can contact Mr. Anil @ 9958314622 and here is their website which has details on their products
Thank you, could you also please share a short review on quality and pricing details as the price quoted by vendor is different from that on IndiaMart.
Old 10th January 2022, 19:21   #4120
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Some XUV700 owners are reporting the blank digital Instrument panel during the drive and on starting up the car.
How long did M&M take to launch this car even after prototypes were ready ? 2 years, 3 years ? Am I to infer that their console and HU systems didn't undergo enough testing ? Wasn't the software for these fully developed by indian employees , the newly formed team was 'proudly credited' in some of their ads. Sad to see such things happen.
Electronic niggles from a new Mahindra product - that is a given ; but I didn't expect such a basic issue - probably the decision to make the instrument cluster also a screen, is now seeming like a too-big-a-first-step.
venkyhere is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 20:30   #4121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantobigboot View Post
Thank you, could you also please share a short review on quality and pricing details as the price quoted by vendor is different from that on IndiaMart.
The quality is as good as the one that I saw in the showroom sans the nice packing that showroom one had. I actually needed red stitching to match my car color which I could customize with this vendor. I received 2 pieces for the first row and 2 individual long mats for the 2nd and 3rd row. All of them has red color (which can be customized) grass mat which can be removed and dusted/washed separately. The main mat itself can be wiped using damp cloth when it gets dirty. The stitching itself is pretty good which you can zoom on the original image and see.

I paid INR 4500 for 3 rows and got a quote for INR 1000 more for the boot area (which I am yet to order). Below is a sample that the vendor shared for the boot area for your reference.
Attached Images

mahesh.alse is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 20:59   #4122
BHPian

Quote:
However based on what you and other owners are pointing out, it could be a larger issue perhaps with the Adrenox system, which leads the car to consume significant battery on standby. This really takes away from the reliability of the vehicle, and could also be detrimental for the health of the battery in the long term
Similar cases happened with the Jeep Compass 2021 facelift too. Guess the connected car tech was draining the battery out. The base models without connected car tech did not report this issue. I wonder why established manufacturers do not forsee the impact of tech on car basics and plan accordingly
achyutaghosh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 23:30   #4123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
Am I to infer that their console and HU systems didn't undergo enough testing ?
I believe it is fairly evident that the head unit/cluster software has been pushed into production with either known issues or (in the worst and infinitely scary scenario), unknown issues.

While this is an abhorrent practice to have been deployed by the Tier-1 (Visteon in this case), it is unclear why Mahindra accepted such software releases from the Tier-1.

It is the OEM that has final say in software deployment on any ECU and Mahindra has most certainly demonstrated poor judgment, atleast in the case of its infotainment ECU (head unit + cluster).

PS: it is quite possible that the software could’ve been (partly) developed by Mahindra in-house, we will never know. However, letting customers bear the brunt of bugs is never a good attitude to have. Especially looking at the severity of these defects.

Last edited by GoBlue : 10th January 2022 at 23:34.
Old 11th January 2022, 07:21   #4124
BHPian

I think if Mahindra issues a software update, it should be fine. This is all probably a software issue.
Old 11th January 2022, 09:50   #4125
BHPian

Re: Blue Bolt - Mahindra XUV700 AX7 MT P - Initial 1000kms Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Hearty congratulations for your new buy and wish you happy driving.

As regards the RTO and Transport Commissioner's office recording the ex-showroom price at Rs 40,000/- above the actual price you paid, it's a valid case for a consumer court. Or else, if TN state has appointed a Lok Ayukta you can send xerox copies of the documents with a complaint for refund of the excess amount charged.
Thank you anjan_c2007. With regards to Ex-showroom price, I'm not sure how this can be raised, as current Ex-showroom price for XUV700 is same as price at RTO. It was Mahindra who offered the initial customers with price protection but then raised the price, the next day.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks