Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2021, 20:08   #2671
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
Did anyone with the Diesel luxury pack get a confirmed delivery date? None of the confirmations posted here seem to include it.
My dealer was clueless on the delivery date, so I called the Mahindra toll free number and was waiting to punch the numbers on IVR, was pleasantly surprised to be greeted by someone in seconds. Enquired on the CPD and received affirmation that Dec 10th is the date. I booked AX7 L Diesel AT AWD on 7th Oct and yes I'm from Bangalore

Let's see how they keep up the date commitments.
Raghunath Singh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 20:12   #2672
BHPian

I haven’t received any update from my dealer in bangalore yet. Called them and I was informed they haven’t received any updates on the CPD. This is through Sireesh Silk Board. Did anyone here received any updates on the delivery from Sireesh guys? I have booked AWD L pack. Hoping to get delivery in first 14k slot.
Old 28th October 2021, 20:12   #2673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk83 View Post
I have been following this thread with a lot of interest. Somewhere when I see this craze, words like: fastest fingers first, bad luck that I lost out on the first 25k bookings - I feel that maybe I have lost out a bit in the worldly race.
For, 25-28L is not a small amount, and if I am to part with that much money - I want to be serenaded, wooed, made to feel special, salespeople chasing after me, listening to my demands (I want the chrome kit free!) - not be part of a lucky draw, crashed websites, unknown TAT, et al. But to each his own.
Not to say that I haven't been part of 'Gone in 60 seconds' deals earlier - but that was for a 14k Xiaomi phone, not a 28L Car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Heard from my dealer that the first 14K, who will receive the vehicle by Jan 14, is receiving their intimation. The information is already available with the dealers though. My dealer has received 30 delivery scheduled, out of 200 bookings, during this two and half months.

Those who have booked the AWD + Luxury and the Luxury + MT variant have to hold your breath for now. It is almost certain that the first day booking figure was short of 25K and many customers who have booked on the next day have been extended the price protection as on 07th. As such the delivery schedule has practically negligible relation with the booking date and more with the variant and colour combination and availability.
Bro,

I made the booking on Oct-10th at around 10.30 AM India Time.
I received confirmation email from Mahindra that the Oct-7th prices will be honored.

To be informed:

I kept AL7 L AWT AT Diesel in the cart on Oct-6h tried booking on Oct-7th but my attempts to book failed due to the infamous website crashing fiasco.
Casually went in on Oct-10th and booked AX7 L AT Diesel (dropped AWD).
Couple of days later got confirmation from Mahindra and the pleasant surprise on the price protection from Oct-7th. Not able to apply any logic how this worked in my favor but will sure take it.
motorhead123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 20:19   #2674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghunath Singh View Post
Enquired on the CPD and received affirmation that Dec 10th is the date. I booked AX7 L Diesel AT AWD on 7th Oct and yes I'm from Bangalore .
That’s great and congratulations! I just called the toll free no (1800 209 6006) as well and they gave me a standard reply that deliveries will begin from nov end and contact dealer for updates. Which number did you call?
Old 28th October 2021, 20:28   #2675
BHPian

Quote:
My dealer was clueless on the delivery date, so I called the Mahindra toll free number and was waiting to punch the numbers on IVR, was pleasantly surprised to be greeted by someone in seconds. Enquired on the CPD and received affirmation that Dec 10th is the date. I booked AX7 L Diesel AT AWD on 7th Oct and yes I'm from Bangalore

Let's see how they keep up the date commitments.
What was your OTF series? Mine was 22A0009**. Booked your same spec. Tried calling the toll free number(6006). No one picked the call.
Old 28th October 2021, 22:30   #2676
BHPian

Quote:
That’s great and congratulations! I just called the toll free no (1800 209 6006) as well and they gave me a standard reply that deliveries will begin from nov end and contact dealer for updates. Which number did you call?
Thank you.

Try calling this number 18002679929. Have called twice so far and got through very easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by febin8055 View Post
What was your OTF series? Mine was 22A0009**. Booked your same spec. Tried calling the toll free number(6006). No one picked the call.
Mine was in the first 100. Try the above number, should be helpful.
Raghunath Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 23:17   #2677

I have booked on 7th October from dealer. Visited the dealer today and was informed that only the customers who have booked a petrol vehicle have received THE DATE. Called the toll free number *6006 and requested the delivery date. He first asked for my mobile number and then the OTF number.. after few minutes on hold.. he replied that the booking is not updated for the given mobile number and OTF number. He also asked me to wait for few days or contact the dealer for further assistance. I have booked AX5 D White and the OTF number is 22A0001** ��
Old 28th October 2021, 23:18   #2678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
1. As of today there have been around 3500 cancellations for the petrol variant of the XUV700 mainly because of the fear of poor fuel economy as well as high waiting periods. So those who have booked their petrol XUVs on the first and the second day can expect their deliveries to be expedited by around 1 month.
The price difference between Petrol and Diesel is just 60000rs for most variants. Petrol now selling at Rs. 115, running costs will be close to Rs.12 per km just for fuel.

That's almost 15000rs of fuel for a round trip from Kochi to Bangalore for the petrol, whereas the diesel would cost around 9000rs.

12000kms is all it takes for people to justify getting a Diesel XUV700.

Also, I believe the Diesel will be more reliable as its the same old mHawk which has been perfected by Mahindra. The mStallion is almost brand new. India being the launch market for Mahindra, its bound to have some issues.
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 23:30   #2679

Quote:
I called the same number and was asked to tell the OTF number and mobile number.. after few mins on hold got a reply that there is no booking under this number and was told to wait or call the dealer for further assistance.
Old 29th October 2021, 08:09   #2680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
The price difference between Petrol and Diesel is just 60000rs for most variants. Petrol now selling at Rs. 115, running costs will be close to Rs.12 per km just for fuel.

That's almost 15000rs of fuel for a round trip from Kochi to Bangalore for the petrol, whereas the diesel would cost around 9000rs.

12000kms is all it takes for people to justify getting a Diesel XUV700.

Also, I believe the Diesel will be more reliable as its the same old mHawk which has been perfected by Mahindra. The mStallion is almost brand new. India being the launch market for Mahindra, its bound to have some issues.
There’s a segment of buyers with low running (under 1000 kms a month) and are concerned about DPF issues revolving around BS6 fuel. I am in that category.

When I initially thought of XUV700 I considered buying a diesel because of low mileage of petrol SUV’s in general plus I figured Mahindra is known for its Diesel engines. Took two test drives of the Petrol AT, that changed my perception. Around the same time I read up on DPF issues cropping up across manufacturers. That led me to a point where I figured given my low running I would prefer spending 3-4K extra per month on fuel costs than facing DPF related hassles. No one wants to be driving around aimlessly to clear the filter or worse, get stranded with family on a trip. People who drive a lot on a daily basis will obviously pick diesel and hope for the best around DPF, simply because petrol is not a viable option for them.

This is my way of looking at it. Everyone’s thought process and circumstances are different, hence their conclusion might differ. If at all there was a car where it made sense to pick up diesel over petrol it’s the XUV700, given the very moderate price difference between the two variants. DPF has thrown a spanner in the works though.
eagles_ts is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 09:26   #2681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles_ts View Post
When I initially thought of XUV700 I considered buying a diesel because of low mileage of petrol SUV’s in general plus I figured Mahindra is known for its Diesel engines. Took two test drives of the Petrol AT, that changed my perception.
+1

I was pleasantly surprised when I test drove the petrol, even though the diesel is pretty refined as well. The petrol is way ahead in terms of NVH, refinement and brute power
Old 29th October 2021, 09:50   #2682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles_ts View Post
There’s a segment of buyers with low running (under 1000 kms a month) and are concerned about DPF issues revolving around BS6 fuel. I am in that category.
Am in the same category, also maintenance of Petrol vehicles would be marginally lesser than Diesel i believe.If the mileage by owners of petrol vehicle in City is below 5 kmpl then i may rethink and go with Diesel.
Old 29th October 2021, 10:36   #2683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
I was pleasantly surprised when I test drove the petrol, even though the diesel is pretty refined as well. The petrol is way ahead in terms of NVH, refinement and brute power
Quote:
Originally Posted by werfish View Post
Am in the same category, also maintenance of Petrol vehicles would be marginally lesser than Diesel i believe.If the mileage by owners of petrol vehicle in City is below 5 kmpl then i may rethink and go with Diesel.
Cross-posting from the Thar review thread (Mahindra Thar : Official Review), since we are talking about the same engines here, albeit in different state of tune:

Quote:
Here are a few factors influencing one's choice of one over the other:

Running - this is the most important one, I reckon, given the higher cost of petrol (compared to diesel) and lower FE of the mStallion engine (compared to the mHawk). Folks with high running (say, more than 1,000 km a month) should go with diesel, unless fuel expense is not an issue.

Refinement- while the mHawk mill is quite refined, the mStallion unit takes things to another level. Drive one to believe it! The power delivery is just addictive.

Resale - it might matter to some. A diesel SUV is bound to have higher resale value compared to petrol.

BS6 diesels - DPF related issues, though sporadic, are being reported. Moreover, the dependency on AdBlue, while not a big deal, is very much a reality.

Take your pick based on the weightage you'd give to each of the above factors.

Last edited by cool_dube : 29th October 2021 at 10:38.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 10:55   #2684
BHPian

Quote:
I called the toll number this morning as I didn't get any updates via mail. Guess what? My AX7 L Diesel AT AWD is slated to be delivered on 5th December! Surprisingly the dealer is yet to update me even after I tried contacting them a couple of times. My booking ref number is OTF22A0004**

Anyways, Even if it's tentative, happy to know it closer. Bangalore folks who booked on 7th Oct, are likely to receive their cars before 14th Jan. As per the contact center executive, Diesel variants delivery are starring end of Nov. Call the toll-free number for delivery status. Mail and Dealer confirmation will follow.
r0ckstar.1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 10:59   #2685
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks and a shoutout to Tarun Gupta for sharing these first ever pics of the AX5 variant (in MT & in Midnight Black shade).

Mahindra XUV700 Review-15.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-13.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-2.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-1.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-9.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-11.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-3.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-5.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-4.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-6.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-8.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-10.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-7.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-12.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-19.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-17.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-14.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20.jpg

and to Zaheer Syd for the AX5 AT in White shade.

Name:  w1.jpg
Views: 1307
Size:  53.4 KB

Name:  w2.jpg
Views: 1373
Size:  38.1 KB

Name:  w3.jpg
Views: 1371
Size:  54.7 KB

Name:  w4.jpg
Views: 1345
Size:  35.0 KB

Name:  w5.jpg
Views: 1428
Size:  66.4 KB

Name:  w6.jpg
Views: 1310
Size:  36.8 KB

Name:  w7.jpg
Views: 1319
Size:  44.6 KB

Name:  w8.jpg
Views: 1318
Size:  37.0 KB

Name:  w9.jpg
Views: 1435
Size:  36.8 KB

Last edited by RavenAvi : 29th October 2021 at 11:21. Reason: orientation correction.
RavenAvi is offline   (49) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks