Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2022, 11:06   #4501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitrajks View Post
Dealer quoted 95k for AX5 Diesal MT 5 seater. On negotiating, he has given me a quote from Liberty for 69k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush_DT View Post
How much is the premium quoted by the dealer? The dealer quoted me 99k for AX5 Diesel AT 5 seater of ICICI. However, I got the quote of 71K from my agent of ICICI which I have shared with dealer to match it.
My dealer didn’t pressure me with insurance. I took it from TataAig for 73K (AX7L D AT) Saphire++, including RTI. I have always had Tata AIG since ever and always happy with their prompt service and it is cashless as well.

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudanmohit View Post
Surprise surprise (Or should I say expected expected)

4. What add ons should I focus on with warranty, insurance etc(I've zero knowledge in the subject).

8. Which car cover is good? Please suggest something that helps avoid water/ dust and doesn't colour the car with cloth dyes when wet

"
I usually opt for all options in the insurance policies. Especially Engine cover, Zero Dep. and Key replacement. Zero dep is really helpful in the subsequent years as the deductible is still only Rs 2000 whereas without Zero Dep, the insurance will only cover the depreciated value of parts. I have lost one key of my xuv in the past which to replace is about 14k (full new set with locks) This is the first time i added RTI.

I bought car cover but hardly use it (including in the past), as I find that if the cover has accumulated dust over a few days, I don’t like to put it in the car as it would cause more harm (hazardous to occupants) with the dust getting into the car unless its a sedan with a proper boot. And i have no place to leave it as well. The quality of the car cover which is sold in the dealership for 3800 is very good quality.

Cheers!

Last edited by Sheel : 4th February 2022 at 17:59. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
Vashanis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 14:20   #4502
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanis View Post
I usually opt for all options in the insurance policies. Especially Engine cover, Zero Dep. and Key replacement. Zero dep is really helpful in the subsequent years as the deductible is still only Rs 2000 whereas without Zero Dep, the insurance will only cover the depreciated value of parts. I have lost one key of my xuv in the past which to replace is about 14k (full new set with locks) This is the first time i added RTI.

I bought car cover but hardly use it (including in the past), as I find that if the cover has accumulated dust over a few days, I don’t like to put it in the car as it would cause more harm (hazardous to occupants) with the dust getting into the car unless its a sedan with a proper boot. And i have no place to leave it as well. The quality of the car cover which is sold in the dealership for 3800 is very good quality.

Cheers!

Thanks a lot for your help.
I'll surely keep the insurance details in mind while going for it. The car cover point is valid i think I can skip that too

Anybody has any experience with floor lamination in XUV 700.
Please share the experience
Thanks
sudanmohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 17:39   #4503
BHPian

I completed the PDI today for my XUV 7OO AX7L Diesel AT AWD. Everything looked in place and the dealer PPS Automotive had kept the vehicle ready for the PDI as promised. They don't let customers visit their stockyard instead get the vehicle at the showroom itself. While I wasn't too happy the vehicle being driven up and down only for this reason, there was nothing much I could do. Tested all the electricals and features to my satisfaction.

Repeating this info again incase someone missed. I had booked my XUV 7OO through the dealer on 7th Oct. After numerous CPD changes from Nov to Feb, finally receiving the vehicle now. The dealer is PPS Automotive.

There is no AWD badging at the rear, the Sales Manager wasn't aware if it comes separately like it did in XUV 5OO. However, when I insisted he said he will check and let me know. The only way to identify the AWD is by a button next to the headlight adjustment switch. Image attached.

All the other AX7 L had MRF Wanderers, mine had an Apollo Apterra.....not sure if it was because of the AWD. Can someone suggest which is better amongst the two?

Couldn't make down payment at the showroom as they charge 2% for credit card payments, this was a real bummer as I did not carry my cheque book and don't keep much cash in my regular account. Is it really a compulsion to pay the 2% for card payments?

Few pointers:
- Price protection is passed on in the form of a cash discount
- Still working out a good deal on the insurance, hopefully I'm able to resolve this
- Manager said they need 3 days to fix the accessories. I'm going for the rear crash guard, footstep. Not sure why they require so much time to fix this.
- Vehicle delivery is slotted for 10th Feb, will have to come back later to get the HSRP number plate fixed
- The online app status for the booking is not updated realtime. Fo me the status was showing as "Order Under Planning" and moved directly to "Vehicle at Delaership". Your dealer has the most updated information. Thankfully Pruthvi the sales head at PPS kept me informed on the vehicle transit details from the time the vehicle was dispatched. Very much appreciated.

That's all I could think of now, if you have any specific questions please let me know. I do have some questions myself, would appreciate any input on this:

1- Will Apollo Apterras suffice the requirements or should I look at upgrading the tyres to a better quality. Not looking at any offroading.
2- Does it make sense to buy the extended warranty right now or can it be purchased later? Is there a risk of prices going up?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220204_130000.jpg  

Raghunath Singh is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 17:58   #4504
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghunath Singh View Post
All the other AX7 L had MRF Wanderers, mine had an Apollo Apterra.....not sure if it was because of the AWD. Can someone suggest which is better amongst the two?
1- Will Apollo Apterras suffice the requirements or should I look at upgrading the tyres to a better quality. Not looking at any offroading.
If both Apollos & MRF's are AT's (all terrain) or HT's (highway terrain) they are on level playing field, in case one of them is an AT, it should be having an advantage.

Quote:
2- Does it make sense to buy the extended warranty right now or can it be purchased later? Is there a risk of prices going up?
If you can get it now, nothing like it. Yes, prices may or may not go up, but AFAIK, you can avail extended warranty as long as your vehicle is under standard warranty.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 18:01   #4505
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations!

Tyres depends on the batch perhaps , MRF Vs Apollo , You should be able to get 4-5 years use out of them. These were the tyres seen on their high speed track as well so you wont have any reason to complain. Once they are worn out you can look at the available options at that time, as of now not many premium options for this tyre size in the AT \ HT pattern, so may as well retain the stock set.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 18:27   #4506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Based on what I read on their website descriptions:
I would prefer the Wanderers if the Apterras are Apterra HT, as Apterra HT is a durability focused tyre (usually comes as the cost of other parameters). If it is Apterra AT2, I would not bother till a tyre change is needed. I presume it is AT2.

Last edited by Poitive : 4th February 2022 at 18:28. Reason: Refinement
Old 4th February 2022, 19:39   #4507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
I have booked a AX7L D AT (Silver) through a Bangalore based dealer on 21/01/2022 and have got an estimated delivery date of 23/09/2023-23/10/2023.
I recently booked the AX7L D AT AWD as well online, but I have not got any updates on tentative delivery dates from either dealer or on the weblink. Does it take some time to get this information?
Old 4th February 2022, 20:16   #4508
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I completed the PDI today for my XUV 7OO AX7L Diesel AT AWD.
Great 👍 Congratulations! Which branch of PPS you went to? Any other AWDs lined up for delivery from them? Curious to see if yours was one off or the entire batch is in town!
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 23:46   #4509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
If both Apollos & MRF's are AT's (all terrain) or HT's (highway terrain) they are on level playing field, in case one of them is an AT, it should be having an advantage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Congratulations!

Tyres depends on the batch perhaps , MRF Vs Apollo , You should be able to get 4-5 years use out of them. These were the tyres seen on their high speed track as well so you wont have any reason to complain. Once they are worn out you can look at the available options at that time, as of now not many premium options for this tyre size in the AT \ HT pattern, so may as well retain the stock set.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Based on what I read on their website descriptions:
I would prefer the Wanderers if the Apterras are Apterra HT, as Apterra HT is a durability focused tyre (usually comes as the cost of other parameters). If it is Apterra AT2, I would not bother till a tyre change is needed. I presume it is AT2.
Unfortunately these are not AT for sure. I took a pic of the tyres and in a hurry didn't frame it completely, was focusing on the size. Pic attached, guess these are Apollo Apterra HP 235/60 R 18 Tubeless 103 H Car Tyre. Not sure what HP is, High Performance? Anyways, reviews are just ok and seems like made for the highways.

Few alternates for this tyre mentioned online are:
Yokohama Geolandar SUV G055 235/60 R 18 Tubeless 107 V and Michelin Primacy 3 ST SUV 235/60 R 18 Tubeless 103 H. Any suggestions welcome. Changing them while new would make sense, if required at all.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220204_131144.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220204_131150.jpg

Last edited by libranof1987 : 22nd February 2022 at 14:34. Reason: Fixing broken quote tags, and inserting images within post
Raghunath Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 00:13   #4510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Great 👍 Congratulations! Which branch of PPS you went to? Any other AWDs lined up for delivery from them? Curious to see if yours was one off or the entire batch is in town!
Thank you!

I booked at PPS Church Street. There were 3-4 XUV 7OO lined up for deliveries, all AX7 L AT. The sales rep told me they have delivered 2-3 AWDs at Indiranagar branch. Will be visiting them again, will try to get some more concrete information from the Manager.

On a separate note, for TBHPians looking for some bite on boot space in MX/5 seater (didn't want to create a new post for this). The boot space is not really big, I felt it was almost the same size as the 7 seater with last row folded. This is because the design still has the provision to add the seats. However, there is extra space available if you remove the boot mat/cover, similar to that in Harrier. There was one on display, so took some images for the fam! This one is a base variant.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220204_152737.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220204_152641.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220204_151632.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220204_152711.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220204_151652.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220204_151709.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220204_152730.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220204_152715.jpg  

Raghunath Singh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 00:22   #4511
BHPian

Quote:
Few alternates for this tyre mentioned online are:
Yokohama Geolandar SUV G055 235/60 R 18 Tubeless 107 V and Michelin Primacy 3 ST SUV 235/60 R 18 Tubeless 103 H. Any suggestions welcome. Changing them while new would make sense, if required at all.
Go for the Vrdestein ultrac vorti in 235/55ZR18 or 235/65ZR18 in apollo tyre outlet. They are very good and almost comparable to Michelin’s and Pirelli’s. As they are ZR rated tyre they have higher speed rating than all other tyres in the market. Prices are between 15-17k per tyre.
Thank you

Last edited by Sheel : 7th February 2022 at 19:48. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed.
MayurS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 00:26   #4512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestions welcome. Changing them while new would make sense, if required at all.
Much would depend on what you hope to achieve by changing the tyre.

My earlier post was based on the assumption that someone spending for an AWD being okay with less durable tyres for an improvement in other parameters. Do you hope to improve comfort, sharper handling, durability, wet grip, continuous high speed driving ability, braking distance or something else?

I find what the manufacturer focuses on as the tyre's highlights a good indicator too.

~~~~~~~
Further:
I see a lot of generic advice about tyre A being better than tyre B. It really depends on what aspect(s) one is looking at.

Going by the car experience of mine shared on the forum, the Optra Magnum, my tyre change was based on trying to get slightly sharper handling and good braking breaking distances at the cost of a cushier ride (Optra Magnum was soft enough anyway) and tyre lifespan. What was an apt choice for me in that car, with it's suspension setup, use case and preference might not be the right choices for another.

~~~~~~~

Edit: @Raghunath mate, if one isn't clear about 'why' one wants to change the tyre and one's needs aren't out of the average buyer of the car (eg off-road etc), it is often a good idea to stick with what the manufacturer has provided and experience it as the vehicle has been designed and tested, and look for a tyre change as needed. (Many aspects such as FE, brake durability, acceleration, handling, comfort etc are linked to tyres)

Last edited by Poitive : 5th February 2022 at 00:41. Reason: Edit part added.
Poitive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 00:42   #4513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Much would depend on what you hope to achieve by changing the tyre.

My earlier post was based on the assumption that someone spending for an AWD being okay with less durable tyres for an improvement in other parameters. Do you hope to improve comfort, sharper handling, durability, wet grip, continuous high speed driving ability, braking distance or something else?

Going by the car experience of mine shared on the forum, the Optra Magnum, my tyre change was based on trying to get slightly sharper handling and good braking breaking distances at the cost of a cushier ride (Optra Magnum was soft enough anyway) and tyre lifespan. What was an apt choice for me in that car, with it's suspension setup, use case and preference might not be the right choices for another.
Thank you. My focus will be on sharper handling, wet grip and braking distance. The point is I'm upgrading from a Swift Dzire ZDI that I drove for 10 years and Michelin was my choice blindfolded. I haven't owned a bigger vehicle and AWD is new to me. Hence, I'm not totally aware about the dynamics of the tyre sizes in this range and looking for some advice. You are right, there is no "one size fit all" situation here. Had Mahindra provided AT tyres, I would have been at peace to some extent

Point taken, sticking to the ones on the vehicle is a good option too, the manufacturer would have put some thought on this. Atleast they did not provide JK Tyres like Kia does in their top end models.

Last edited by Raghunath Singh : 5th February 2022 at 00:47. Reason: Added few additional points.
Raghunath Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 01:09   #4514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you....
Michelin was my choice blindfolded.
You're welcome, mate.

I was about to add about the brand part in the previous post but avoided. I don't think one should just go for "I buy XY brand". Taking the Optra Magnum example I was talking about further: I went in for Yoko and was extremely happy with them. Now Yoko had an A drive, C drive, and also an S drive, IIRC. C drive is what I chose for my purpose (largely based on Yoko's own website). Had I chosen A, I would've complained about them being soft like the previous ones, had I gone for S drives, would've complained about too stiff a ride, and might have stressed the suspension and alloys needlessly. Who knows it would've ended up raking a big bill with those multi-links, while complaining about messing up a wonderful ride.

Further:
- The shift from Swift to XUV700 is anyway going to be a big one. A tyre change is not going to be too significant in this context.
- Had pointed out in the TD of the XUV in the Choosing an SUV thread about the harshness in the ride at low speeds (for details check the TD report). With Bangalore roads, I'd think twice going for sharper handling which would typically come with reduced softness/comfort, in such a case.
- A good starting point for tyre selection, IMO, is to refer what the manufacturer highlights about specific model's characteristics.
- I added the edit to my previous post a minute before your this post

PS: I'm unsure if a tyre discussion would be welcome on a vehicle's official review thread beyond a point. Might be better discussed in the tyres section with a link on this thread.
@Mods: In case no suitable thread exists for the XUV700, one could branch the above posts to a new suitable thread.

Last edited by Poitive : 5th February 2022 at 01:17. Reason: Refinement
Poitive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 02:01   #4515
BHPian

Quote:

- Price protection is passed on in the form of a cash discount
So the invoice has the new ex showroom price and show the remaining as discount??

I booked mine from PPS Kalyan Nagar on 7th Oct

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks