Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2021, 22:58   #3751
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambomumbai View Post
Mine is an XUV 700 AX7 L D AT and that's the clip shared by M&M: M6M13732YHM4M45773!!
I would suggest never to disclose VIN on publicly available forums, while it's considered safe, but some also argue about security risk, someone auto programming vehicle key by using VIN ( allegation is it needs VIN and also some info from service centre to achieve that )

While I will not really go into if its all true or not but frankly its lot easier to avoid posting VIN info :-)
mytbhp_turbo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 23:34   #3752
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmeet View Post
So this means that petrol base model has roughly half the waiting period as that of Diesel Top model with AWD/AT that too when the former was booked 2 months later than the latter.
No. It just means that M&M has batched the deliveries of similar variants together - if you see around, there are good amount of AT AWD AX7L and AT AWD AX7 lined up for delivery in next 5-6 weeks.
abirnale is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 10:47   #3753
BHPian

Folks - I just got a call from the dealer that my vehicle will be ready in a week. They are asking me to process the loan and other paperwork. I booked AX 7L P midnight black version.

Any things I should be aware of? What about extended warranty?

Also - would it be ok to take the car in december last week and get it registered in jan first week? Any pros or cons?
Old 22nd December 2021, 11:09   #3754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanskumar View Post
What about extended warranty?
When it comes to cars (and anything as complex as a car), take the extended warranty. It'll give you a peace of mind at least for a longer period. You should also opt for extended Roadside Assistance (RSA).

Quote:
Also - would it be ok to take the car in december last week and get it registered in jan first week? Any pros or cons?
If you're planning on keeping the car for long (let's say at least 6-7 years) then it hardly matters.

Since this car is on limited supply and there are folks waiting till Q3-2022 for the car, I believe you should just thank your fortune and accept this car.
Old 22nd December 2021, 11:32   #3755
BHPian

Quote:
Folks - I just got a call from the dealer that my vehicle will be ready in a week. They are asking me to process the loan and other paperwork. I booked AX 7L P midnight black version.

Getting extended warranty during the delivery will save you few thousands. I would recommend to buy one because its a newly launched car and with extended warranty you can breathe easy..

You cant take possession of the car and bring it to road before the car is registered anyways. Its illegal. If you want the car to be registered in 2022, request the dealer to do so. They will oblige.
Old 22nd December 2021, 11:37   #3756

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
When it comes to cars (and anything as complex as a car), take the extended warranty. It'll give you a peace of mind at least for a longer period. You should also opt for extended Roadside Assistance (RSA).
Totally agree on the extended warranty and RSA. Almost every vehicle comes with 3 yrs of warranty and RSA . You can opt to extended these two services any time within 3 yrs of purchase. Some times Mahindra do give 20% discount for extending these services, especially when it is in 3rd year.

Last edited by Eddy : 22nd December 2021 at 12:29. Reason: Quotes corrected
Old 22nd December 2021, 11:56   #3757
BHPian

Quote:
You should definitely do that given its almost end of year. Year of manufacturing does matter and would be a minor inconvenience for you to wait for 4-5 days before registration.
Old 22nd December 2021, 12:36   #3758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manojah View Post
It has its pros and cons for Mahindra.
=====
Above could result in Mahindra losing a sizable chunk of its prospective customers, some of whom could be die hard Mahindra loyalists.
These are all excellent points. The only caveat I see is that waiting times for other vehicles are also not that great. Does the XUV have enough USP to hold the interest of prospective buyers with deliveries dates already stretching to mid 2023... It certainly is not a good place for Mahindra to be in. The only upside to this that I see is that with the limited number of deliveries made, the Mahindra staff can provide premium service to those who have already purchased the vehicles and address the initial niggles promptly. Going by the feedback on various forums, Mahindra seem to be doing this much better than Tata at the moment in the after sales service department.
PowerSpike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 13:00   #3759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSpike View Post
These are all excellent points. The only caveat I see is that waiting times for other vehicles are also not that great. Does the XUV have enough USP to hold the interest of prospective buyers with deliveries dates already stretching to mid 2023... It certainly is not a good place for Mahindra to be in. The only upside to this that I see is that with the limited number of deliveries made, the Mahindra staff can provide premium service to those who have already purchased the vehicles and address the initial niggles promptly. Going by the feedback on various forums, Mahindra seem to be doing this much better than Tata at the moment in the after sales service department.
Service has always been the bane of Mahindra and I personally have owned 2 Mahindras down the line and I have no positive experience worth sharing. Mahindra has miles to go viz. the standard of services offered and they seem to be certainly trying to up the game by offering better services than their closest competitor ie.. Tata.

.......but if you open the whole gamut of services being offered by different car manufacturers in India, Mahindra stands very close to the bottom one's. I seriously doubt on the capabilities of the current Mahindra service setups to handle a car full of advanced features/technology. They would really need to shift momentum here, otherwise we could see a horde of dissatisfied customers in the next 6 to 12 months or so.

Best of luck to them and I really hope they are able to take up this challange & meet the ever growing customer expectations.

Last edited by Manojah : 22nd December 2021 at 13:05.
Manojah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 15:39   #3760

My SA also agreed for the 4th and 5th year warranty for a New XUV 700 can be bought Later towards expiry of the warranty. Don't see the reason why that cannot be a sensible option, once you lock in the price for the extended warranty .
PR IDE is Life is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 15:42   #3761
BHPian

Has anyone got the AXL D 7 STR AWD?
Old 22nd December 2021, 15:44   #3762

Also are there any negative aspects of the " BH registration" on getting my New XUV 700 registered in Jan 22 I am expecting delivery in next 7 -10 days . I realise that the Registration Tax is only 10% compared to 12% and that too payable every 2 years in pro rata manner .
PR IDE is Life is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 17:36   #3763
BHPian

Mod note: Post edited to Trim the quoted post. Avoid quoting entire large post for short replies. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manojah View Post
Service has always been the bane of Mahindra and I personally have owned 2 Mahindras down the line and I have no positive experience worth sharing.
=====
Best of luck to them and I really hope they are able to take up this challange & meet the ever growing customer expectations.

Yes, they need to improve their service, I own an XUV 500 and their service was that bad that I give it to a private mechanic now.

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd December 2021 at 18:07.
Old 22nd December 2021, 17:42   #3764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR IDE is Life View Post
My SA also agreed for the 4th and 5th year warranty for a New XUV 700 can be bought Later towards expiry of the warranty. Don't see the reason why that cannot be a sensible option, once you lock in the price for the extended warranty .
What is the quote they provided for the extended warranty?

Did they waive off the incidental charges and agree for you to get the Insurance yourself?
Old 22nd December 2021, 18:40   #3765
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If you are pushing the registration to Jan 2022 to make the car year 2022 then let me tell you that it is not the registration year but the manufacturering year that matters for resale. So I don't think there is anything to be gained by pushing the registration.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 22nd December 2021 at 18:41.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks