Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2021, 15:55   #3721
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Just got a call from my dealer informing me that the car has been billed today. I am a bit surprised and suspicious as the Mahindra Online order tracking page still shows the status as "Order Processed" and the tentative date of delivery is January end.

Dealer is asking me to get the Loan disbursement done at the earliest and make the balance payment. I told the SA that I will make the payment only once I get the Engine and Chasis number along with VIN, and I do the PDI of the vehicle at their stockyard, to which they agreed in an instant.

The dealer will be sharing the Engine and Chasis number by end of the day today.

Is it okay if I get the Loan disbursement done once I get the Engine and Chasis number along with the VIN details, and make the balance payment once I check the vehicle in person?
bill1182 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 16:14   #3722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post
Is it okay if I get the Loan disbursement done once I get the Engine and Chasis number along with the VIN details, and make the balance payment once I check the vehicle in person?
It is always advisable to check the vehicle and then do the loan disbursement. Otherwise, you have no option of backing out of the booking in case the vehicle has issues.
mtnrajdeep is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 17:05   #3723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Anand Mahindra about Team-BHP passionate auto lovers.

Attachment 2246784

Anand Mahindra also shares a picture which marks the 51st anniversary of India’s victory over Pakistan in 1971 on 16th December, the same day XUV700 is awarded as Car of the Year 2021.

Attachment 2246787
Mahindra is good in marketing , no doubt XUV 7OO is the niche product with unknown reliability, the way he is taking credit of car from his company is great, many people will fall for it, also it's good for our forum as it's getting recognised by head of Mahindra
Old 20th December 2021, 17:15   #3724
BHPian

The XUV700 car graphic in the Adrenox app now shows a 6 seater car with 2 captain seats in the 2nd row!

A six seater XUV700 launch is imminent it seems. Wonder if those who have already booked 5/7 seaters will get an option to switch 🙂
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20211220170948_adrenox-connect.jpg  

nasir88 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 17:24   #3725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Why? It is good for them just like the last time. Sustained demand for 3-4 years assured and then a facelift with added features and power will keep it going for some more years.

Reality is that right now there are more people waiting to book than those who have booked, they just need that extra motivation to know when the vehicle will arrive at a reasonable amount of time to put the money down, that is it.
It has its pros and cons for Mahindra. Many of us looking for a new car in the next 6 to 12 months will not have the option of XUV 7oo due to its delivery periods and so may opt for something else and Mahindra might lose on many such customers. Also, some other manufacturer may come up with an product which catches the fancy of guys in the waiting list/ comes up with something equivavlent or better during the long waiting period and there could be shift of many in the wating line to the other manufactuer.

Also, the charm of driving a newly launched product would gradually wane after waiting for such long periods & could result in People looking at other options.

Above could result in Mahindra losing a sizable chunk of its prospective customers, some of whom could be die hard Mahindra loyalists.
Manojah is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 17:30   #3726
BHPian

Has Mahindra stopped showing the estimated delivery time for new bookings? I've booked a xuv700 on the 17th and other than 'your booking is confirmed' I do not see anything else. The sales rep informed me that the offical estimated delivery date should be somewhere by the end of 2022 or beyond but realistically in the next 6 months as the semiconductor issue gets resolved.

I see screenshots with estimated delivery times from previous messages. How do I see it for my booking?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20211220172551.jpg  

Old 20th December 2021, 18:28   #3727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post
Just got a call from my dealer informing me that the car has been billed today. I am a bit surprised and suspicious as the Mahindra Online order tracking page still shows the status as "Order Processed" and the tentative date of delivery is January end.

Dealer is asking me to get the Loan disbursement done at the earliest and make the balance payment. I told the SA that I will make the payment only once I get the Engine and Chasis number along with VIN, and I do the PDI of the vehicle at their stockyard, to which they agreed in an instant.

The dealer will be sharing the Engine and Chasis number by end of the day today.

Don't be alarmed by lack of updates in web tracking, did notice few things on some of the recent delivery updates -

1. Web tracking and dealer info might have mismatch
2. For last minute cancellation, dealer are working with Mahindra to allot it to next available customer.

Release fund to dealer only after successful PDI is normal. you can get loan process done meanwhile.
mytbhp_turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 23:46   #3728
BHPian

Went to the showroom today to checkout it and, hopefully, make a booking. Was told that the waiting period for the AX7 is now 67 weeks which just sounds.. incredible? Even the AX3 and AX5 are at 54 weeks. The SA showed me a live dashboard sourced directly from Mahindra showing lead times for each variant.

Honestly, I walked away very disappointed. We're looking to liquidate all our current cars and buy one good, somewhat inexpensive one for the next few years but the waiting time is just impossible to work with.

Exploring other options now.
Old 21st December 2021, 00:48   #3729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudanmohit View Post

Why shouldn't the airbags open during a crash irrespective of driver wearing a seatbelt or not
A bit off topic but very important nonetheless.

It is very dangerous to have the front airbags deploy on a person without the seatbelts fastened. The force generated by the airbags during deployment can cause a neck injury or worse since there is a high probability of the face impacting the airbag first. The seatbelts are there to ensure the chest takes the brunt of the impact of the expanding airbag before it starts providing the cushioning effect.

In case of children it is very dangerous with or without the seatbelt fastened. Due to their lower height the expanding airbag can hit them square in the face. Children should never be in the front seat, period.
DeadCenter is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 02:05   #3730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pri2 View Post
Has Mahindra stopped showing the estimated delivery time for new bookings? I've booked a xuv700 on the 17th and other than 'your booking is confirmed' I do not see anything else. The sales rep informed me that the offical estimated delivery date should be somewhere by the end of 2022 or beyond but realistically in the next 6 months as the semiconductor issue gets resolved.

I see screenshots with estimated delivery times from previous messages. How do I see it for my booking?

Takes few days, I remember it showed for me 15 days after booking, till that time my tracking was same as your's - only showing "Order Confirmed".
mytbhp_turbo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 04:25   #3731
Senior - BHPian

Folks, Just added a pretty long drive experience of the XUV700 (about 4 A4 sheets - much of it rambling, maybe). Posting it here also might be seen as cross-posting, so only a link. Click here.

I found the XUV700 to be quite a mixed bag, with some parts being truly excellent, yet some surprisingly lacking, and a very interesting overall package, especially at the price point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordtottuu View Post
Exploring other options now.
@lordtottuu, I actually wanted to send you the link by PM as it has reports of many in the segment, but since you're yet to complete 25 posts, the option wasn't available, and that triggered this post.

@Mods: Just in case the post is found inappropriate, please edit/delete it. No disregard to any forum norm intended.

Last edited by moralfibre : 22nd December 2021 at 22:49. Reason: Updating link
Poitive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 11:00   #3732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pri2 View Post

I booked mine on the first week of December and I got an estimated delivery date of 20th April to 20th May. It takes a week and a half to show the estimated delivery date.
yuvmudapa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 11:33   #3733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
@lordtottuu, I actually wanted to send you the link by PM as it has reports of many in the segment, but since you're yet to complete 25 posts, the option wasn't available, and that triggered this post.
Thank you so much for this. This is true MVP level work. Appreciate it!
lordtottuu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 11:45   #3734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvmudapa View Post
I booked mine on the first week of December and I got an estimated delivery date of 20th April to 20th May. It takes a week and a half to show the estimated delivery date.
Order placed in the first week of December and a delivery date of May? Is this 2022 or 2023?

Because we placed our AX7L Petrol Automatic Everest White order on the 21st of October and the website says March 2023!
Old 21st December 2021, 12:20   #3735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Order placed in the first week of December and a delivery date of May? Is this 2022 or 2023?

Because we placed our AX7L Petrol Automatic Everest White order on the 21st of October and the website says March 2023!
I got an estimated delivery of May 2023 But I wasn't in much of a hurry to get the car anyways so it works out for me. Only thing I am worried about is the price increasing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks