Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2022, 12:32   #4711
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Guys,
Came back to this forum after ages. Been driving XUV 5OO since 10 years now and keen to buy 7OO this time.

Reason to buy:
Need to sell my existing 10Y old vehicle, thanks to NGT. Even though my XUV 5OO runs in mint condition.

New Car preferences:
Should be Automatic
Will be buying petrol this time, as I don't want to be in similar situation to sell within 10 years.

Variants where I am confused:
Was more keen to buy AX5 Petrol Automatic 7 seater. However, there is no model that exists like this.
Most likely purchase would be of AX5 Petrol Automatic.

Any suggestions guys ?
naveenchhillar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 12:33   #4712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush_DT View Post
The wait of 05 months is over today. Took the delivery of XUV 700 AX5 D AT 5 seater, 'Saya' (named after Black Panther, Kabini).

The Provincial automobile at Nagpur took the experience to next level. Surprise element was the Panditji to do Puja.

Drove around the city and loved every bit of it. Mahindra you have a winner hands down.
Congratulations Piyush. I was there at Provincial Auto yesterday to check suspension of my XUV 500. I am also planning to book AX5 D AT 7str. Since it was not on display, I checked out your car which was there . I think you have installed a reverse cam and black leatherite seat covers as accessories.
inder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 14:41   #4713

Thanks Sir. Please share your experience with you Xuv 700. Any problems, software glitches etc ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush_DT View Post
I was also quoted the same. I got the quote of 71k from an agent of ICICI. Told them to match else I will take it from outside. They matched the quote and later I took it from them. It's going to be challenge to break the news to the agent though.
Old 18th February 2022, 14:47   #4714
Senior - BHPian

Today I took a TD on diesel automatic. Unlike during my short TD at the launch, I found the cabin to be significantly noisy. Engine noise was intruding fairly loudly during idling as well as acceleration. If I wasn't so particular about AWD, I would have switched to petrol.
Incidentally the dealer (Anant Motors, BG Road, Bangalore) has a ready AX3 (5 seater petrol automatic) if someone is interested.
Guna is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 16:09   #4715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Congratulations Piyush. I was there at Provincial Auto yesterday to check suspension of my XUV 500. I am also planning to book AX5 D AT 7str. Since it was not on display, I checked out your car which was there . I think you have installed a reverse cam and black leatherite seat covers as accessories.
Thanks Inder! Glad that I was able to help a BHPian
Old 18th February 2022, 16:17   #4716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Today I took a TD on diesel automatic. Unlike during my short TD at the launch, I found the cabin to be significantly noisy. Engine noise was intruding fairly loudly during idling as well as acceleration. If I wasn't so particular about AWD, I would have switched to petrol.
Very true. I had this impression after my first TD and would have considered the petrol but for the AWD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_chelat View Post

2. Diesel is a bit loud. It is not bad by any stretch but perhaps I expected more because of all the reviews praising the refinement and NVH levels. Unfortunately, the petrol is not an option since I want the AWD. It shifts well and picks up speed before you realise. Overall, no complaints.
a_chelat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 16:36   #4717
BHPian

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20220218-162909.png
Was using the configurator and saw that the AX7 without the luxury pack had sony speakers.
yuvmudapa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 18:04   #4718
Senior - BHPian

I think M&M knows that they have a challenge with the waiting period. I strongly believe, it will only be for a couple of months. After that, the deliveries will be done in high volumes. It's only a matter of time.
Raghu M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 19:22   #4719
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
Was more keen to buy AX5 Petrol Automatic 7 seater. However, there is no model that exists like this.
Most likely purchase would be of AX5 Petrol Automatic.
If you really need a 7-seater and Petrol you would have to stretch to the AX7 which I know is quite a steep step up in pricing. I really think the AX5 Petrol Auto is an excellent value choice at about 17.7 Lakhs ex-showroom, versus 20.2 lakhs for the AX7 - translating to an on-road price difference of 3 lakhs. The AX5 has all essential kit including that huge sunroof, ESC etc. I just wish they would have used more premium upholstery and interior materials on AX5, which ahs the same interior trim as MX, which is 5 lakhs cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvind319 View Post
Was this booked under price protection on 7th or 8th Oct, then you might have to check if the protection will be valid if you ask for pass.
Yes, the booking had price protection (7th October price - 11.99 lakhs!) and what the dealer is saying is if I skip delivery this time and wait for the next allocation, the price protection would be lost. Will decide tomorrow. Thanks everyone for the inputs.

Last edited by Eddy : 18th February 2022 at 23:41. Reason: Merged
84.monsoon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 21:20   #4720

Finally after a long long wait my xuv is here. . Thanks for all the guidance. Just took delivery today at pps church street Bangalore. Seems like Red was the color of the day. One more red rage xuv was being delivered just before me.

Everything went smoothly. Cant wait to spend some proper time in the car and figure it out. Mine is a ax7 L AT diesel AWD. This is my first diesel and first Mahindra, nervous and excited.

Only delivery issue of note is that if you opt for extended warranty then the same will apparently be issued after a few days and not at the time of delivery.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20220218wa0031.jpg  

umberjogh is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 22:33   #4721
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umberjogh View Post
Finally after a long long wait my xuv is here. . Thanks for all the guidance. Just took delivery today at pps church street Bangalore. Seems like Red was the color of the day. One more red rage xuv was being delivered just before me.
Congratulations!
Yes, red seems to be the colour of the day (or may be the 'week') as I saw another red AWD model ready to be delivered to the customer at Anant cars. This must be to do with the way different colours are produced in batches.
What was your original promised delivery date?
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 22:47   #4722

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
This must be to do with the way different colours are produced in batches.
What was your original promised delivery date?
Batch production makes sense. Original promised date was nov 25 and then dec 25th and then finally end of Jan. I did follow-up with customer care regularly and tweeted my grievances at this constant change in dates. What upset me initially is of course that those who booked after me got delivery first which absolutely didnt make any sense to me. And also why give a date when there is no chance to meeting the commitment. Once i called on nov 24th and he Mahindra lady was like it will be delivered tomorrow!

Anyway water under the bridge. So far the car is worth the wait.
umberjogh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 23:22   #4723
BHPian

Quote:
Finally after a long long wait my xuv is here. Cant wait to spend some proper time in the car and figure it out. Mine is a ax7 L AT diesel AWD. This is my first diesel and first Mahindra, nervous and excited.
Congratulations!! Happy to see quite a few AWD deliveries in Namma Bengaluru! My AWD is on it's way to dealership. Just got a confirmation SMS from Mahindra and I should be doing a PDI in a day or two. Quite excited to see my "Black Beauty" If all goes per plan, will be driving it home very soon!
r0ckstar.1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th February 2022, 11:30   #4724
BHPian

Quote:

Everything went smoothly. Cant wait to spend some proper time in the car and figure it out. Mine is a ax7 L AT diesel AWD. This is my first diesel and first Mahindra, nervous and excited.

Only delivery issue of note is that if you opt for extended warranty then the same will apparently be issued after a few days and not at the time of delivery.
Congratulations on the car! The red colour looks phenomenal!
yuvmudapa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2022, 11:47   #4725
BHPian

I got a call from the dealer that there is an update available for the infotainment and I should come and get it installed. Probably Android Auto or Carplay is coming..
shashankw839 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks