Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2022, 13:54   #4846
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
You can reach out to Anand Mahindra, velu_mahindra, rajesh664 and anishshah21 in twitter.
Hope you will definitely get a response.
Thanks a lot. Seems will have to install Twitter for this purpose only . Not good Mahindra
Old 1st March 2022, 14:49   #4847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvmudapa View Post
A quick question for all those who have received the Android Auto update, will the navigation in google maps come in the instrument cluster or will it only be there on the infotainment screen?
Got Android Auto updated today. Navigation works great on the infotainment screen. I could see the navigation direction details on the Instrument cluster. I did not check the Navigation option on the Instrument Cluster though. Will check and update on the Navigation option on the Instrument cluster.
Old 1st March 2022, 17:59   #4848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambharat View Post
Thanks a lot. Seems will have to install Twitter for this purpose only . Not good Mahindra
I will share the mail ID of head of customer service tomorrow. But I think twitter will work better because you can tag so many top honchos at the same time.
Old 1st March 2022, 18:10   #4849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appupandya View Post
Can any one throw some light on why do Mahindra refrain from having sliding middle row seats in their XUV line of models?

As far as I know the middle row is sliding in Marazzo.

It lends so much flexibility to the seating especially when more than enough space is available in middle row.
I think this has something to do with the 5 star safety NCAP. A sliding middle row would be more unstable than a fixed middle row, hence they would have gone for the fixed middle row. It makes for a good sales pitch but reduces the flexibility of the third row of seats considerably. A sliding middle row would have helped distribute leg room between the middle and third row
TheARUN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 19:23   #4850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post
Got Android Auto updated today.
PPS Mahindra service centre in Sullikunte, Bangalore wowed by providing update at home, voluntarily! They flashed EMS ECU, Mahindra Body Function Module, two updated related to infotainment system (Silverbox flashing and map update). The entire procedure took around an hour including the waiting time between updates. They wait for around 5 min for the systems to completely shutdown between certain updates and disconnected the negative battery terminal at the end, for a few seconds, after all the updates. Out of this, the infotainment software upgrade which is done from a pen drive took around 30 min while all others, done over OBD port took between 2 and 10 min.

Audio had improved during the last infotainment update (7.0.0.1) that I got around two weeks back. Music appears much more pleasing with no more distortion, which was a pain earlier. With the latest update, 7.0.2.12, Android Auto comes with Amazon Music too! Only annoyance I noticed is that invoking Alexa exits Android Auto screen for a few seconds. Noticed that Alexa commands to open/close sunroof has an on-screen display too; not sure if it was there earlier.

As per the technician, the EMS ECU flash is supposed to improve the mileage of petrol variant. I could notice the engine noise to be distinctly smoother and I believe the up shift from 2-3 in AT, which used to wait a bit too long (~32km) happening a bit earlier (~28km). Not sure whether all these are me having placebo effect; will test it better during a weekend drive!

So far, very happy with interactions with this service centre, which I visited twice earlier too!

Last edited by impala : 1st March 2022 at 19:27. Reason: typos
impala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 19:23   #4851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
I think this has something to do with the 5 star safety NCAP. A sliding middle row would be more unstable than a fixed middle row, hence they would have gone for the fixed middle row. It makes for a good sales pitch but reduces the flexibility of the third row of seats considerably. A sliding middle row would have helped distribute leg room between the middle and third row
+1
Even I feel the same.it should be influencing the safety rating (just a layman's logic, no Google to prove it, apologies if I'm wrong)

And that makes me ask a question.
Has anyone so far tried to change the middle row mechanism to sliding from fixed?. Before I became the target of respected members and they tag me as a safety compromise villian, let me clearify that this question is just out of curiosity. I'm not at all considering to do this in my XUV
So has anyone changed the middle row layout to sliding. Even if one side of the middle row can be converted to sliding one, it'll mean variable knee room in both rows to certain extent
Old 1st March 2022, 19:29   #4852
BHPian

I got the Android Auto update done. But only after reaching home i realised that the reverse cam has stopped working after the updation. Mine is an AX5 and got the cam fitted by MAHINDRA dealer themselves during the delivery ��

Last edited by Enthusiast81 : 1st March 2022 at 19:31.
Old 1st March 2022, 20:19   #4853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
I will share the mail ID of head of customer service tomorrow. But I think twitter will work better because you can tag so many top honchos at the same time.
Thanks so much, will do both. Hoping to get a proper response and a faster delivery this way
Old 1st March 2022, 20:50   #4854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
Guys, noticed rusting in the driver side door hinge bolt of my XUV700 today. Pls advise if this should be of immediate concern, or can be looked at or replaced in regular service in few months. Car is 3 months old now.
Dab a bit of rust convertor with a cotton swab. I have been using the following for a couple of years with good results:-
https://www.amazon.in/TUFSEAL-RC800-...ef_=ast_sto_dp
sridhar-v is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 21:12   #4855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
I could notice the engine noise to be distinctly smoother and I believe the up shift from 2-3 in AT, which used to wait a bit too long (~32km) happening a bit earlier (~28km).
This was exactly the issue I pointed out on one of my earlier posts. I felt the engine is struggling. Let me see if there is an change in calibration post this software update. Just honking whether to update software now or once the car play patch is ready. I don’t want to visit the service center often.

But seriously guys after spending well over 2 million rupees all of us have to go through this eternal wait to get such features when cars less than a million rupees have such features shipped out of factory.

Hope Mahindra is reading and planning to fix these issues soon.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th March 2022 at 22:27. Reason: Added quote
zeus_700 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 08:08   #4856
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
IMHO, I don't think that the fixed middle row would have much to do with safety ratings especially when considering that both the font occupant seats(which have the highest impact on safety ratings with the multitude of scores that can get affected if the seats slide forward during the crash test) have side adjustment as well.

No, I think that omission of slide adjustment in the middle row can be attributed to the much more banal explanation of cost-cutting by Mahindra.
sierrabravo98 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 10:40   #4857
BHPian

Planning to book an AX 7 . Just wanted to know whether you all negotiated the insurance and other charges while booking or while taking delivery.
Old 2nd March 2022, 11:00   #4858
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrabravo98 View Post
No, I think that omission of slide adjustment in the middle row can be attributed to the much more banal explanation of cost-cutting by Mahindra.
Easy to dismiss it as cost cutting, but I doubt that - since the XUV5OO did the same thing. Sliding middle row has its benefits for more practical people carrying ability but for vehicles that are 5+2, the negatives are hard to ignore.

Having experienced sliding middle row of our Safari, I can say that it compromises a lot of things including space (width), under thigh support (seat base \ squab) and the headrest gets stuck behind the front passenger seat during tumble fold action.

The last issue will not be trivial when the vehicle gets exported abroad but our elderly is not going to sue anyone for trapping her in 3rd row (it happened). Also important to export vehicles is that when the seats fold flat (2&3 row), there should be no gap between them.
Kosfactor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 12:58   #4859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Planning to book an AX 7 . Just wanted to know whether you all negotiated the insurance and other charges while booking or while taking delivery.
I did it a week before the delivery. Got a quote from another insurance provider and used it to negotiate with the dealer. Finally they had to match it. I got 37k saved with that
Enthusiast81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 13:28   #4860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post
Got Android Auto updated today. Navigation works great on the infotainment screen. I could see the navigation direction details on the Instrument cluster. I did not check the Navigation option on the Instrument Cluster though. Will check and update on the Navigation option on the Instrument cluster.
Thank You!
Please do let me know.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks