Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2023, 10:28   #7606
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
If you press the unlock button twice in quick succession, then also only the driver side door is unlocked.
This looks similar to how it is in Ford cars. There you have the option of configuring how the unlock should behave. Either open all doors or just driver door. In Ford, to change the behavior from one type to the second, one has to hold lock and unlock keys for 5 seconds. The car blinks the indicator lights to confirm the change.
Old 7th January 2023, 13:25   #7607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Noticed a new behaviour in the car, post the Second Service on 05-01-2023.

In the morning when I opened the car only the driver door unlocked. The RHS rear door did not open. I was in a hurry to reach my office and without trying anything else I opened the rear door from inside and put my bag etc. on the middle seat.

By evening I understood that the car is behaving differently and this is not a glitch. When you press the unlock button only the driver side front door opens. All the other three doors remain unlocked and cannot be opened from outside. You press the unlock button a second time and all the other three doors open up.

If you press the unlock button twice in quick succession, then also only the driver side door is unlocked. All the other doors open only on a second press of the unlock button after the driver side door has unlocked.
  • This was definitely not how things worked for the last six months.
  • What caused this to happen - I'm not sure.
  • But some flashing was done for the driver side door (during the second service) - to rectify certain issues with the glass, that was reported by me.
Go to settings and under car, there is something called selective unlock, switch this off and it will go back to earlier. This is in the settings on the infotainment system not the instrument cluster.
yuvmudapa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 13:40   #7608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvmudapa View Post
Go to settings and under car, there is something called selective unlock, switch this off and it will go back to earlier. This is in the settings on the infotainment system not the instrument cluster.
Multiple options to open the car doors:

Key Hob (Remote Key Entry - RKE):
  • Single unlock press - Driver door open
  • Double unlock press - All doors open

Passive key entry (PKE):
[Holding the key hob is your pocket/bag]
  • Press driver side handle once - Configurable option to open just the driver door or all doors. Point of discussion in this thread.
  • I guess, all doors open is the default
  • Boot door switch press - Open just the boot door

I was explained the safety & utility aspects of these options.
  • Single traveller (just driver) - Use the option to only unlock the driver door. Since it is a big car, you don't want to provide access through other doors for thefts.
  • Multiple travellers - Use the option to unlock multiple doors at the same time. Better convenience.
  • Carrying luggage to load into the boot. Use PKE to open the boot door and load items. Ensure to lock back if you are moving away from the car.
haribalram is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 15:51   #7609
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribalram View Post
Multiple options to open the car doors
……
Carrying luggage to load into the boot. Use PKE to open the boot door and load items. Ensure to lock back if you are moving away from the car.
The car hatch stays locked if you just step away from the car after carrying the keyfob with you - even when you had opened the hatch door using the proximity.

Read more here:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5470742
abirnale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2023, 12:55   #7610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Official service bulletin issued for change of the lower arm bush of the XUV700's suspension to resolve the front suspension noise reported by many existing owners.

Attachment 2383760

Thanks to Kumar Gaurav for sharing!
I recently test drove a Diesel MT in which the front suspension was making a prominent "gud-gud" sound when passing over broken roads. The SA had no idea if the suspension lower arm had been replaced under the recall or not. So I took a picture of the lower arm.

Would it be possible for anyone to tell from this picture if the car has the new updated arms and bushes?

Mahindra XUV700 Review-photo.jpeg

Also, what is the general feedback from users who have had their suspension lower arms replaced?
Old 8th January 2023, 14:37   #7611
BHPian

And after an year of waiting, the day finally arrived where I got my hands on my very own XUV 700 (AX7L P AT). I wanted to share my overall delivery experience and first drive impressions. But before all that, a note of thanks for all the Team BHP friends on this thread. After following this thread extensively for over an year, the car felt familiar from the very first drive 😊

1. Allocation + PDI: As I was preparing for my vacation travel (wrapping up office work, we all know how stressful that is) I got the call, that was for me the most awaited call of 2022, on 23rd Dec 2022. It was short and crisp. A customer had postponed taking delivery (presumably wanted to wait more for a 2023 batch car), and I was asked if I will be able to pay before end of the year for them to block the car in my name. I was confident of mobilizing the funds (to the extent of the invoice amount) and the SA said I will have some time for the remaining payments (RTO + Insurance + Accessories). On that already busy Friday, I asked them if I could do a PDI and they obliged. Being on an office call and maxing out my multi-tasking abilities, I made it to the showroom. From there I was taken to their yard. We were made to wait near the gate and were told that the car will be brought out for me to inspect. After a few moments, a beautiful, fresh, brand new XUV 700 was brought out. Despite having the PDI checklist (shared earlier in this forum) I did not quite have the time to do a detailed run through. So I kept it to the major points and found nothing out of place. It is possible that my vision (literally and figuratively) was slightly hazy due to the excitement, but everything seemed to be checked out. The VIN was of Dec 2022 manufacture, the same was confirmed by the SA as well. We returned to the showroom and discussed the payment.
2. Payment + Invoicing: On 23rd, after the PDI, I gave a post-dated check that would coincide with the loan disbursement date (the following Tuesday). After the 23rd, I was away from Bangalore on vacation but by Tuesday was able to coordinate everything over the phone. By the end of that week, I was able to sort out the insurance as well. I had earlier checked with the SA and he had assured that whatever is the best quote I can get, they will either match it, or I will be allowed to take insurance on my own. I got a couple of quotations and the showroom was able to match it. So, the insurance was also obtained without a hassle. Throughout, the SA kept in touch with me and shared all relevant scans of docs, copies etc.
3. Registration + Accessories: I had told my SA the date on which I desired to take the delivery and he confirmed that it would be possible, provided I confirm and make RTO related payments to him at least 5 days in advance. So we did the same and registration process was pretty much standard. For the accessories, and this is where I went a bit over board, I chose the following:
• Mud Flaps
• Infotainment Screen Guard
• Memory Card
• 3D Floor Mats
• Illuminated Scuff Plates
• Tail Gate Scuff plate
• Side Foot-Step
• ABD Rear Guard
In addition to the above, I went ahead with Ceramic Coating (with 3 years warranty) from the showroom itself. I know for a fact that I could have got it cheaper outside, but the idea of taking delivery and parking the car for two more days elsewhere just didn’t convince me. Anyway, we agreed on a figure for all the above in aggregate and got about a 10% discount after a little bit back and forth.
4. Delivery: Taking delivery on a Friday evening sounded good, but it was a busy day at the showroom. Through the formalities only took about 20-25 minutes, the wait went on for about an hour and a half as there were a few deliveries lined up. The staff tried their best to keep us inside the showroom for a nice unveil kind of event, but our excitement was over the top and we ended up outside where my car was being prepped for delivery. Still we kept a slight distance and applauded patiently for the other deliveries. Most deliveries were of the XUV 700. As a slight deviation from the topic, my XUV 700 was parked next to a Scorpion and it reminded me of that pic in which Dwayne “the Rock” Johnson looked small standing next to Sun Ming Ming, the basketball player from China . Finally our turn came, and in a blink and you will miss it kind of speed we did the routine for the cameras and moved slightly away from the limelight. Our SA checked with me if I needed a detailed introduction to ADAS specifically, and I asked if I could return the next day for the same as I had to head out to a temple for the pooja for the car. He kindly agreed. So in a busy Friday evening traffic we headed out for a city runabout.
5. First drive and impressions: Coming from Duster diesel, the XUV 700 felt like from a different world altogether. Though the Duster is not exactly small, the proportions of the XUV 700 was something that kept me vigilant. The seating, the view, the screens, the engine, it all felt like a dream come true. As was told to me by friends in this forum, the excruciatingly long wait was forgotten within a few minutes behind the wheel and all this in basically bumper to bumper traffic for the majority of the night. I can hardly wait for a highway run! Happy to report that so far I have not felt any unwanted noise from the suspension, no football in the boot, sound system sounded excellent and no major bugs noted. I am an android user and the android auto connectivity was seamless. Of course, there is room for improvement, but nothing that will really bother me in the first few months for sure. Apple Car Play is “coming soon” unfortunately and I did check with the SA that the software was up-to-date. I have covered about 150kms in a day and a half with a quick run on the NICE road for ADAS familiarity. Must say that it will take some courage to test ADAS on a new car, but it works. I have them on and did not find it intrusive except for one moment where AEB made its presence felt while I was maneuvering for a quick over-take. I will be going on a drive to Tirupathi next week and will hopefully get a better hang of it on open stretches of road.

In conclusion and at the cost of repeating myself, truly a dream come true. If you like to drive with family and that is your happy place, this particular happiness can be bought in the shape of an XUV 700! A few pics from the delivery day.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-pic-1.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-pic-2.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-pic-3.jpg  

GPJ_23 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 8th January 2023, 16:16   #7612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPJ_23 View Post
And after an year of waiting, the day finally arrived where I got my hands on my very own XUV 700 (AX7L P AT).
Big and hearty congratulations! Eagerly awaiting the detailed review. I have booked the exact same variant+Color. Just trying to live my dream through your blog

Mod Note: Please avoid the quoting the entire post when responding

Last edited by ampere : 8th January 2023 at 17:24.
RashmiRathi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2023, 16:20   #7613

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
Would it be possible for anyone to tell from this picture if the car has the new updated arms and bushes?
Hi, its difficult to recognise by looking at this image. However, considering this was a test drive vehicle, I’m pretty sure it would be running with the old lower control arms. As Mahindra service centres in my area are giving least priority to arms replacement of their customer’s vehicle, let alone their own old test drive vehicle.

Quote:
Also, what is the general feedback from users who have had their suspension lower arms replaced?
I too got my 700’s lower control arms replaced in mid Dec’22. I feel 90-95% reduction in the overall thud noise. But little noise still comes out sometimes. Perhaps, I’m overthinking.
Anyway, like most of the XUV700 owners with replaced arms, I’m overall quite happy with the new assembly.
Old 8th January 2023, 18:14   #7614
BHPian

Hello everyone, quick update. My car got the suspension problem fixed from PPS service. After last ordeal I didn't want to trust PPS again but Mr Lokesh called me and requested for one last chance. I know everyone deserves a second chance, so I sent my car for this fix. They kept the car for 2 days and fixed it really well. This happend a month back but I got a chance to drive long(100km highway and 60km in city, total 160km) today. Suspension is much balanced and predictable. Potholes are not hitting hard inside cabin. And handling is pretty good and exactly like before. May be because of suspension fix, i didn't feel fatigue at all. Generally in this route I feel tiredness after trip, but not this time.
Old 8th January 2023, 18:30   #7615

Received a recall for Nov 2022 batch AX5 Diesel MT. According to the service folks it is to replace the Clutch Master Assembly.

I had complained of sticky/hard 1st and 2nd gears right from day one and according to them this recall is to address that. However, I don't find any difference even after the replacement. On every first drive on any day, slotting into the 1st/2nd gear is a challenge for the first 15-20 minutes. Then it eases out. Funnily after the service the AC is acting up too - on a +250Km weekend drive the cooling worked only for a short while mid-way.

ODO is at 850km now. Guess I'll need to take her in again before the first service is due.
anexas06 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2023, 20:34   #7616

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPJ_23 View Post
And after an year of waiting, the day finally arrived where I got my hands on my very own XUV 700 (AX7L P AT).
Congratulations! Is Anant's yard far from their showroom or nearby?

Last edited by Aditya : 8th January 2023 at 23:00. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
ved_p_singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2023, 22:10   #7617
BHPian

There's no way a dog can bite wires all the way under the car. The XUV700's engine bay from under is covered. Must have been a rat bite not a dog's one. Also strange how easily those cables can be bitten and ruined completely.
Old 8th January 2023, 22:13   #7618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ved_p_singh View Post
congratulations! is Anant's yard far from their showroom or nearby?
Not very far. About 8-10 kms.
GPJ_23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 11:37   #7619

*Quick Ownership Review*

Hi - I own XUV 700 AX7 since August 2022. Recently I completed two long drives, drove around 2000 Kms over the period of 10 days. Hyd - Blr - Hyd and Hyd - Chirala - Hyd. I like to run long distances (15-20 + KMs) once a week sort of thing. The day I returned from Blr (drove the vehicle all alone), I went for a run in the evening and completed a 15 KM run. This is just to indicate that I didn't feel tired at all after 8-9 hours of driving. Amazing drive comfort I must say.

One issue that I faced was extremely frustrating - Android auto disconnected 3 times while returning from Blr and then it won't re-connect until I turn off the ignition and re-start. Also, at the speed of 100, I thought the cabin was not very silent. I felt low whistle type wind sound sneaking inside the cabin through some door window (not sure which one). Crossed some major dusty area and I could smell dust inside the cabin. And the biggest issue is maintaining light color interior. Drove more than 200 KMs within Bengaluru. Missed the ORVM camera big time. Wish Mahindra comes up with a 360 degree updgrade option.
Old 9th January 2023, 12:58   #7620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

It would not be possible for anyone to say whether this is the old one or new one from the picture that you have clicked.

The only change between the two is that the OD (outer dia) of the rear bush has been enhanced and that part is hidden.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks