Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2023, 17:49   #7726
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankthebest View Post
I think you can hold the "Enter" button on the steering wheel to reset the FE for a particular trip (A/B).
My query was on AFE. Resetting (I have done so for different reasons) doesn't help, as Trip A/B display doesn't show the fuel efficiency number at all.
Old 23rd January 2023, 20:44   #7727
BHPian

Has someone found an alternative for the genuine parcel tray accessory? I am currently using a net attached to the four hooks in the boot, but looking for something better.
impala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2023, 21:19   #7728
BHPian

Hi All - Checking about the floor mat for AXL. Read reviews 7D mats which are not so good. Kindly advice if 3D is OK or if any other options are available in the market.
Also, dealer is asking for more than m2mall.
Planning to go for minimal accessories like a screen guard, mud flap, floor mat, bumper guard and scuff plates.
Old 24th January 2023, 00:00   #7729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelniks View Post
Hi Shiv,
Not sure what is ECMS cover. I got factory fitted sequential turn indicators as I had taken delivery back in Feb 2022.
Good to know that you have the sequential indicators factory fitted.

ECMS Cover is an additional part mandated by M&M which is sent to dealerships for the Petrol XUVs. Please do check with your ASC if you have not done it yet.
rudra_shiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 08:54   #7730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
Has someone found an alternative for the genuine parcel tray accessory? I am currently using a net attached to the four hooks in the boot, but looking for something better.
Can you please post your setup pics please? I am also looking for the parcel tray - the one from ASC/ M&M is priced exorbitantly.

The parcel tray helps conceal items in the boot while the net you are referring probably helps hold things in booth and prevent them falling when the rear door is opened - my guess that is. Hence the request for posting pic.
Old 24th January 2023, 14:42   #7731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
Please share some pics.What is the purpose served by net?It cannot hold anything on top and hide the stuff from prying eyes.

btw, I am using customised board cut out in my ecosport.
Old 24th January 2023, 16:16   #7732
BHPian

Team,
Had a few questions - my dealer surprised me with a way-early-delivery of an AX7-L Petrol AT.
He is asking me to pay the full amount (he will not do any registration) and hold the vehicle (vehicle is supposedly still in transit and I have not seen the Form22 as yet). Once I come, do the PDI and approve, he will proceed with the registration. If I don't approve, he will refund the amount.

Some background:
I am buying the vehicle in a Tier2 town (out of state) and getting the vehicle to BLR. Hence I cannot immediately rush to do a PDI.

1. Does this sound like an OK enough agreement? (I suspect someone might have canceled and hence I got this opportunity)
What all do I need to check virtually?
2. In case I do pick this vehicle, does it make sense to buy the extended warranty, some accessories etc, from BLR dealer (since the vehicle will be stationed here, might as well build a relationship)

Appreciate your thoughts.

TIA

Last edited by kedar_GT : 24th January 2023 at 16:19.
Old 24th January 2023, 20:56   #7733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar_GT View Post

1. Does this sound like an OK enough agreement? (I suspect someone might have canceled and hence I got this opportunity)

TIA
Hi Kedar,
My experience with Indian vendors/service providers is that they are extremely reluctant to pay you back once money is credited to their account. Have burnt my hands with a country club on similar kind of arrangement (pay now and refund if you don't like).
I will advice to defer payment till you have seen the vehicle and done a PDI. Once money is paid then you lose all leverage and you are at the dealers mercy.
RashmiRathi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 21:18   #7734
BHPian

Quote:
He is asking me to pay the full amount (he will not do any registration) and hold the vehicle (vehicle is supposedly still in transit and I have not seen the Form22 as yet). Once I come, do the PDI and approve, he will proceed with the registration. If I don't approve, he will refund the amount.
Would the dealer be comfortable with you negotiating a part payment before the PDI (like 30%) and when you know you are certain to pick the vehicle, pay the remaining?
Old 24th January 2023, 22:45   #7735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Team,
Had a few questions - my dealer surprised me with a way-early-delivery of an AX7-L Petrol AT.

Some background:
I am buying the vehicle in a Tier2 town (out of state) and getting the vehicle to BLR. Hence I cannot immediately rush to do a PDI.

2. In case I do pick this vehicle, does it make sense to buy the extended warranty, some accessories etc, from BLR dealer (since the vehicle will be stationed here, might as well build a relationship)

TIA
No, someone cancelled on that car for a reason. It may be something simple like them just changing their minds but it can also be because of some damage or defect in this unit. The dealer asking for full payment up front makes it clear that they want to lock you into this and take away all negotiation power before you even see the car. Getting a refund will take 2-3 weeks at least, which means you won't even be able to buy another car from another dealer till the money is back in your account. That itself is suspicious so I would give them an ultimatum of either seeing the car or cancelling the booking.
Cresterk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 23:28   #7736
BHPian

The Black Panther Comes Home

After exactly 14 Months to the date, finally our AX7L P AT (Mdnt Blk) was delivered today.

Got a call from the SA on 10-Jan evening that vehicle is en-route from the factory. Requested for and received the VIN details in a few days and confirmed it to be a Jan 2023 manufactured model. Flip side of getting delivery in Jan though, a straight 50K hit on the On-road price!

The 14 months was a very excruciating and painful wait but this forum and all its members kept the enthusiasm alive.

My initial take on a few with the limited driving done so far (Haven't been behind a 7OO wheel since the test drive way back):
  1. Smooth handling even in bumper to bumper traffic
  2. Auto Start/Stop works like a charm. With minor caveats as discussed by BHPians in this forum a few days back
  3. AEBS has been switched off in city traffic as I didnt want to risk any sudden feedback from the machine, on the first drive
  4. Commanding presence on the road. Saw a Dezire in the ORVM, literally stop while I was trying to manoeuver a lane change near a traffic signal
  5. Need to explore the complete Infotainment options.
  6. Alexa activation a bit troublesome. I was informed by the SA that it will fail through Adrenox app. Need to follow a different process
  7. Wireless Android Auto works seamlessly
  8. Experienced the 'Football in boot' sound a couple of times while braking and at low speed
Shall post in detail on my Booking : Waiting : PDI : Delivery experience pretty soon. Have an outstation trip planned which will give me the opportunity to test out some of the features in detail.
Currently haven't really pressed on the pedal and driving sedately until the engine breaks in!
IvanBiv is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 00:04   #7737
BHPian

Quote:
Team,

Some background:

TIA
I was in a similar situation. The dealer had the vehicle in yard though. I made partial payment initially inspite of them asking for full payment and that booked the vehicle in my name. I had the option of cancellation post PDI too but I negotiated a middle ground for that.
Old 25th January 2023, 04:53   #7738

Hello everyone, this is my first post here. It feels great to finally be a member of this community, something that I have been following ever since I learnt how to drive.
I recently took delivery of XUV700 AX7 P AT. The car is really as amazing as it is purported to be. Be it the drive, the ride quality, the space or the never-ending list of features….. quite a significant upgrade in every category from my previous ride (Ertiga Petrol).
I had decided to write a short review and about the tumultuous period between booking and owning the car of my dreams after I take the delivery. However, the dealership experience have been a little unpleasant. Let me explain.
The car arrived at dealer stockyard on 5th of January, informed my SA that I would do the PDI on the following day. The car was parked in a dusty condition when I reached there. The odometer reading stood at 47km. It had goodyear tyres, VIN showed car was manufactured in December (N6M). Could not look for paint chips or scratches due to the fine layer of dust. Everything else seemed to be in order.
The registration process took almost 10 days, after which SA called me to let me know that I can take delivery on 18th.
Comes the day that I’ve been waiting for since 15th August, 2021.
Reached showroom with family at around 2 p.m. And there she was, sitting in the middle like a pampered princess. 2 guys were busy wiping off the watermarks and rubbing some polishing compound, which they continued to do for 2 more hours while I completed signing the documents and AdrenoX activation. It was almost 4.30. The cleaning guys had left after finishing their “job”. I decided to do some quick inspection before the ceremonial handover of the key. Found two hairline scratches, one near the front right fender and another near the right rear door handle. Watermarks were still visible on a few places and most annoyingly dust had accumulated on the dashboard, door switches, bottle/cup holders and the centre console. This was not visible during PDI. After I expressed my annoyance SA went away hurriedly looking for the cleaning stuff.
Then came another shocker. While one of the staffs turned on the ignition to explain the features (even though I was quite familiar with the system), noticed the odo was showing 97km. A good 50km more than when I had done the PDI!! I was exasperated! Sensing my resentment the SA called in the manager, who explained to me that they test-run each car after updating the software, which is completely normal for new XUV700s. As I didn’t want to spoil the mood of my family and friends (they thought I was just being finicky) decided not to push it further. Completed the small ceremony in the showroom at around 6.30pm and came home slightly perturbed.
Since then I have driven only 70km. Haven’t faced any issues or heard any kind of noise during this short period.
Yet, the fact that someone drove it for 50km without my knowledge has been bothering me ever since. Perhaps it was the slightly underwhelming delivery experience or the lackadaisical attitude of the SA. Perhaps I am just experiencing OCD (yes, I switched on the flash on my mobile and went over the whole car for half an hour before cutting the ribbon ��). Who knows!
My apologies for going off on a rant like this. This is not exactly the kind of “buying and driving experience” I thought I would share. Although, the car is working perfectly fine and the short drive to the temple felt amazing. Could other members kindly express their opinion if it is normal for dealer to conduct test-runs for tens of kilometres prior to delivery?

Yet to stretch his paws:
Mahindra XUV700 Review-0f6e3ef705ad49d3b34b102516830c05.jpeg
Bukka12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 07:00   #7739
BHPian

Quote:
Team,

Some background:

TIA
My advice, avoid paying even a penny before PDI. Insist on it, if the dealer doesn't agree, involve M&M. The fact that he is forcing you pay, is a huge red flag. It may be a PDI rejected vehicle. Either ways, don't budge !!!
Old 25th January 2023, 07:05   #7740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribalram View Post
My query was on AFE. Resetting (I have done so for different reasons) doesn't help, as Trip A/B display doesn't show the fuel efficiency number at all.
I don't think this is there in the MID. I am sure this information is there internally, hopefully a software fix to get it to the display. How wonderfully useful this would be though !!!

Most Viewed