Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2023, 20:18   #7576
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribalram View Post
I have rummaged through the owner's manual, but haven't found a way to check the installed Adrenox software version in the car (AX7L). Software update option only states, I have the latest version. Is this something only the service center can help with? Mine is a Dec'22 car and has no Apple Car play support. Next to Android Auto, there is only a "Coming Soon" tab.
Although I haven't got my car yet so not sure if this still holds true but read some time ago that you need to tap on the settings icon 8 times and there you get to see the software version and other related information.

Last edited by aah78 : 3rd January 2023 at 23:39. Reason: Quote trimmed.
UltraViolence is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 20:47   #7577

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjbharat4u View Post
Has anyone experienced this issue? Is this kind of a braking experience common in this vehicle?
I feel the same. In fact, many 700 owners feel that braking is little uncomfortable. Braking is exponentially distributed to the pedal travel (may be).

On many occasions, the sudden brake jerk has made me look noob in front of my co-passenger friends.
Torque&Power is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 21:17   #7578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque&Power View Post
I feel the same. In fact, many 700 owners feel that braking is little uncomfortable. Braking is exponentially distributed to the pedal travel (may be).

On many occasions, the sudden brake jerk has made me look noob in front of my co-passenger friends.
Its possibly because of this - https://storagewyh.blob.core.windows...ill,-%2D%20EBP ?
shrk_18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 21:34   #7579
BHPian

Wanted to know from XUV700 owners about their luggage solutions while travelling with 6/7 people with say luggage for all for 3-5 days. I have seen roof carriers being installed but that would negate one of the USPs of the car - "the sky roof".
Has anybody tried tow bar cargo carries? Thanks.
amahale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 21:51   #7580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraViolence View Post
Although I haven't got my car yet so not sure if this still holds true but read some time ago that you need to tap on the settings icon 8 times and there you get to see the software version and other related information.
Many thanks and this is what I should have noted down when it was first posted in this forum. Here is the link (Mahindra XUV700 Review) to that with screenshots.
haribalram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 15:15   #7581
BHPian

Excited to be joining team-bhp and the XUV700 thread. I got the vehicle (AX5/D/MT)delivered within 2 months on booking (May be lucky)
Have completed 4.5k kms within 3 weeks of vehicle delivery until now. across ghats, highways and city. I am mostly used to petrol swift over last 5 years and owning diesel for the first time.
Initially booked petrol variant and then cancelled and re-booked diesel due to lack of ESP in the former. Loving the switch from petrol to diesel and overall upgrade from swift, especially highway rides.
Definitely miss the quick acceleration and effortless navigating tight spaces but what I miss the most is the breaking and stopping distance. I feel breaking (hard breaking at moderate to high speeds, lets say 60-70+ kmph) was far superior in swift compared to XUV700. Confidence level in breaking is far less in XUV700.
While I understand both vehicle types belong to completely different segments with their own pros and cons, wanted to know if others have similar observation? I have read that breaking in general(forgive my lack of knowledge on how things work) is generally better in hatchback/sedan vs SUVs but is the difference on par for XUV700 or sub-par? Are there suggestions/breaking techniques to be tried for SUVs in general or XUV700 to be specific?
univ_explorer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 20:38   #7582
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by univ_explorer View Post
Excited to be joining team-bhp and the XUV700 thread. I got the vehicle (AX5/D/MT)delivered within 2 months on booking (May be lucky)
Have completed 4.5k kms within 3 weeks of vehicle delivery until now. across ghats, highways and city. I am mostly used to petrol swift over last 5 years and owning diesel for the first time.
Initially booked petrol variant and then cancelled and re-booked diesel due to lack of ESP in the former. Loving the switch from petrol to diesel and overall upgrade from swift, especially highway rides.
Definitely miss the quick acceleration and effortless navigating tight spaces but what I miss the most is the breaking and stopping distance. I feel breaking (hard breaking at moderate to high speeds, lets say 60-70+ kmph) was far superior in swift compared to XUV700. Confidence level in breaking is far less in XUV700.
While I understand both vehicle types belong to completely different segments with their own pros and cons, wanted to know if others have similar observation? I have read that breaking in general(forgive my lack of knowledge on how things work) is generally better in hatchback/sedan vs SUVs but is the difference on par for XUV700 or sub-par? Are there suggestions/breaking techniques to be tried for SUVs in general or XUV700 to be specific?
Respectfully, I disagree with your assessment. I myself used to drive the Baleno 2015 before the XUV AX5 DMT (first time diesel owner, 7k odo on the XUV), and while the Baleno was more refined and the gearbox was lighter and allowed quick shifts, I feel that there is no comparison between these cars, both in acceleration and braking. Though there is some initial turbo lag when picking from low RPMs, the blast of acceleration is unmatched after that. Also, I feel very confident in braking from high speeds, but I will also mention that the electronic brake prefill is unpredictable and creates unexpected braking force in some situations.
sbm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 00:20   #7583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by univ_explorer View Post
Definitely miss the quick acceleration and effortless navigating tight spaces but what I miss the most is the breaking and stopping distance.
I used to own a 2016 Baleno petrol CVT. It was a classic example of rubber band effect; all noise, no pickup! So, in my case the pickup of my XUV700 P AT is exhilarating!

I totally agree with braking issue though. With just front disk brakes, braking of the 950 KG Baleno was always precise and I rarely had to progressively increase pressure on the pedal. With XUV700, I often end up doing exactly that. I need to apply less pressure to have smooth deceleration but it doesn't come to stop as expected unless l squeeze the brakes later. I am yet to feel confident after almost 10K km. I am not sure it's the weight or the brakes!
impala is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 08:25   #7584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
Respectfully, I disagree with your assessment. I myself used to drive the Baleno 2015 before the XUV AX5 DMT (first time diesel owner, 7k odo on the XUV), and while the Baleno was more refined and the gearbox was lighter and allowed quick shifts, I feel that there is no comparison between these cars, both in acceleration and braking. Though there is some initial turbo lag when picking from low RPMs, the blast of acceleration is unmatched after that. Also, I feel very confident in braking from high speeds, but I will also mention that the electronic brake prefill is unpredictable and creates unexpected braking force in some situations.
Thanks for the take from fellow AX5 DMT owner and may be I will adapt over time with XUV700. Probably I should have clarified better regarding acceleration.

Acceleration - I meant initial acceleration in low city speeds. On highway, as you mentioned, absolutely no comparison between Swift and XUV700.

Braking - I definitely feel XUV700's breaking is not linear/predictable with high stopping distances. Or may be I will adapt over time? .. In any case, Swift braking felt accurate and in control (Came in handy multiple times on 2 way roads with some crazy drivers coming in wrong lane from opp direction.. Smaller cars give way to XUV now though ). I find huge difference in this aspect after switching to XUV700
univ_explorer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 14:59   #7585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avijayr View Post
Would love some pics and also where you got this done. I'm planning on upgrading my car's seat covers as well - but, am looking for that genuine stitching feel - so am very selective of the kind/make/etc of seat covers.
Hi, am based in Delhi so got it done from https://www.carstylein.com/ noida showroom. They did a good job overall, the quality of the material was great and the prices were decent compared to others. Any minor issues were promptly fixed. Have not done a proper photo session so attaching whatever i could find in my phone. Will post a detailed ownership thread with tons of pics soon.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20221202_195521.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20221202_195429.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20221202_195507.jpg

These were clicked at there showroom late at night after the installation was finished. Pics dont do justice to the actual color at all btw.
faithless_1984 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 17:59   #7586
BHPian

The Sphinx is here…my XUV700 AWD AX7L

Hello folks,

Wishing everyone a very happy new year!

First of all, I would like to thank all the fellow Bhpians here for investing time penning down their experiences, which makes a buying decision so much easier and informed. At every stage, I was more well informed than the SA/demo personnel.

Extremely happy to share that I took delivery of my AX7L AWD, midnight black from Randhawa Motors on 23 Dec 2022.
Named her “Sphinx”. Have driven her 600 odd kms till date. Please allow me to share my experience below:

1. Delivery and dealership experience:

Booked the vehicle on 27 Nov 2021 via the dealer itself. My booking showed up online on 29 Nov 2021. Delivery date was showing as July 2023. Somewhere in July 2022, the delivery date on the online portal got bumped up to Jan 2023. Two SAs who were assigned to me quit the dealership during this time. The third SA was the best among them and I am very happy with the service he provided.

I got a call from my SA on 8th Dec 2022 that my vehicle has been allotted and will shortly arrive the stockyard. He asked me to make the payment as soon as possible to avoid any delays. I requested them that I will pay INR two lakhs before the PDI and the rest after that. He agreed to this. The car arrived at the dealership on 16 Dec and immediately received a call for PDI. The SA was most cooperative and allowed me a full PDI. The engine was still warm from the drive from the stockyard to the dealership. Initial insurance quote was a whopping 1.4 lakh, but when I shared the online quotation from Reliance, they agreed to match it. I chose the following accessories:
-Mud flaps
-Side steps- Useful for me since my daughter uses it for easy ingress-egress
-Micro SD card- Dealership says that it’s installed, but the SVS screen shows no SD card.
-Sun blinds- Do not buy Mahindra sun blinds. They have installed retainers for securing the sun blind on the door frame. It is quite cumbersome to take them off and install them again and again.
-Illuminated scuff plates- Cosmetic only.
-3D mats- Useful. Easy to take out and clean.
-Screen guard - Good protection for the screen. Looks like a Matt finish.

Accessories were fitted prior to the delivery. Opted for a choice number at RTO for which had to pay extra in cash.

The SA kept me updated throughout. On the D-day, he called me to the showroom at 1600 hrs, and I showed up promptly with my family. Did all the paperwork while the family waited eagerly. Delivery experience was pleasantly different from the one I had 10 years ago when I purchased my i20. The car was draped in a red cloth. They had arranged a Pooja thali et al.

The SA told me that the extended warranty papers would come in some time from the company. Still waiting for that. All in all a wonderful experience.

2. Driving experience

Straight from the showroom, the SA took me to the nearest petrol pump and filled in 12 ltrs of diesel. I topped it up to full tank. Drove off and straight into thick Mumbai evening traffic. Coming from an i20, the sheer size of the vehicle felt overwhelming. The light steering, SVS system make it a lot easier to drive in traffic, given its size.

I have been driving the vehicle sedately with it still being in the run-in period. Here are my observations:
A) She drives like a dream. A lot has been written about it and I concur. I was always at a loss of power on my i20, but never felt so in the beast.
B) There is ample space in the car. I have felt that my co-passengers sit quite a distance away.
C) The suspension has been behaving quite well with no annoying bottoming out noises or anything. Haven’t felt anything out of place. The suspension becomes very supple once we cross 30kmph.
D) This is my first diesel power train. Have not felt any undue vibrations, however, as pointed out by others, the engine gets vocal and vibrations are felt when she shifts from 2nd to 3rd gear. Overall, neither my family nor I have felt uncomfortable being in a diesel. My wife once pointed out that the accelerator needs to be depressed more to get the power going than in a petrol vehicle. This I think is the inherent nature of diesels.
E) On the third day, while reversing into a parking lot while applying brakes successively, I felt the football in the boot noise. The fuel level was at 90% during this time. Since then the football in the boot has been happening off and on. Thank god that this has not happened at high speeds on highways. Surprisingly, the football in the boot is only off and on and cannot be predicted still. Need some more time to figure it out. Will bring it to the attention of the service centre during the first service.
F) The braking is something I am still getting used to. Maybe it’s because of the sheer size or something, but the brakes require an additional squeeze to bring the vehicle to a stand still. Gives it a jerky halt.
G) The auto hold function works like a charm and I prefer using it in traffic.
H) The auto start-stop, aka MicroHybrid is very moody or maybe I am missing something here. It switches off the vehicle sometimes and other times, a yellow flashing symbol can be seen on the MID. I prefer to switch it off.
J) Tried the AWD while en route to Pawna Lake in the pass between the mountains. Nothing much but felt that she was more effortless in passing over the broken road in AWD mode.

3. Infotainment and Electronics

A) The car audio system is too good for a non-audiophile like me. Loved listening to Pink Floyd with each and every guitar pluck nicely audible.
B) Alexa has a mind of her own and I believe M&M have not taken the full usage rights. No matter what, Alexa doesn’t play anything from Amazon Music. They should have set it up like another Echo device. I have tried to log in to Alexa using the Adrenox app but the page does not open. The most common error is Alexa saying “Music streaming is not allowed on this device.” You try again and it plays the song. Songs are streamed from Hungama or Jio Saavn.
C) The infotainment unit is not upgraded to provide CarPlay as yet. Will plan this with my first service.
D) ESP yellow light flashes when passing over big speed breakers without slowing down.
E) I have made two user profiles and also using the Adrenox app on two mobiles. Tried to link the profiles to the key fobs. Still trying to figure out if it’s working as desired.

All in all I am happy with the purchase. Hoping to sort out the football in the boot issue soon.

Saddened to share that the Sphinx has picked up two battle scars, one a small scratch on the right side rear passenger door while parked in public parking and a stone hit on the front passenger door lower side. Still in double mind about the ceramic coating.

Hope this experience will be helpful to potential buyers.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-23f76e3c77d347a498cc3fca5e0e687c.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-f7788d69182b44dfa51df806458e7596.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-1a2a01f3d4b24693882b601970a5ccb5.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-c33a2ff85bf74672bddfafcf645fb945.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-7d13982b68f84aa2adf0113052a5ec43.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-2574dcd1d63d4cb09e5381801318711b.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-3053d18128134046bef65b511c6a98a9.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-1f947f11d6834295acce4a44430cbcba.jpeg  

Last edited by Aditya : 7th January 2023 at 20:23. Reason: Spacing, formatting
Karaboudjan is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 11:12   #7587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karaboudjan View Post
...The auto start-stop, aka MicroHybrid is very moody or maybe I am missing something here. It switches off the vehicle sometimes and other times, a yellow flashing symbol can be seen on the MID. I prefer to switch it off.
Congratulations for the car

I am pretty sure the XUV700 doesn't have the MicroHybrid (Auto Start-Stop) feature in its AT guise. It comes only in the Manual variants. Are you sure your car switches off due to this feature? You mentioned you prefer to switch it off; Does your car have the button as shown below?
Attached Images

Last edited by UltraViolence : 6th January 2023 at 11:20.
Old 6th January 2023, 11:40   #7588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraViolence View Post
I am pretty sure the XUV700 doesn't have the MicroHybrid (Auto Start-Stop) feature in its AT guise. It comes only in the Manual variants. Are you sure your car switches off due to this feature? You mentioned you prefer to switch it off; Does your car have the button as shown below?
I have an automatic and it has the Stop/Start button. During the car demo, the advisor had recommended that this be turned off by default and only switched on during the wait at long signals (say 60+ seconds).

For lesser wait times at signals or bumper to bumper traffic situations, the Auto Hold should serve the purpose.
haribalram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 11:46   #7589

Hi folks,

In recent news, Google seems to have enabled the new Android Auto interface to all users (irrespective of whether they were on Android Auto beta or not).

"With a new dashboard view that gives drivers more information without having to jump between pages — not to mention a shortcuts dock located near the steering wheel — it's a safer way to get where you need to go, with maps, music, and communication all at your fingertips."

Do any of the XUV700 owners here see the new interface rolled out in their cars. From what I understand, the changes are server side which do not require any new app updates on the phone, and do not require any updates on the car software side.

(image source and ownership: androidpolice.com)

Thanks,
Tanvir
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-androidautoredesign11.png  

tanvirkazmi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 12:05   #7590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribalram View Post
I have an automatic and it has the Stop/Start button. During the car demo, the advisor had recommended that this be turned off by default and only switched on during the wait at long signals (say 60+ seconds).
Well, in that case this has become a lot confusing now.
All the sources that I have checked tell that it is only available in Manual variants. The test drive car that I drove also didn't have this.

Quoting few sources for reference, the first one is from the official team-bhp review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
...The manual variants get a button for the auto start-stop feature and for the variants with AWD, you get a button to engage the system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
Ironically the micro hybrid function is only available in MT and not AT. I guess the function was not compatible with AT gearbox
Quote:
This Youtube video from a Mahindra Sales guy also mentions the same.
https://Youtube.com/watch?v=TLCW2kaD4Ak?feature=share
This below pic is from Abirnale's ownership thread. It doesn't have the Auto Start-stop button.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20230106-11.59.10-am.png  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks