Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2022, 07:46   #7546
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinDev View Post
Kindly excuse me if this was discussed earlier. Does the booking ID say anything about the waiting period/ make month etc?
No, booking ID has no direct correlation to any of those you mentioned.
haribalram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 10:15   #7547

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
The itch to upgrade the interior as per my liking was too strong so got new seat covers and dashboard/door trim done in saddle tan nappa leather.
Would love some pics and also where you got this done. I'm planning on upgrading my car's seat covers as well - but, am looking for that genuine stitching feel - so am very selective of the kind/make/etc of seat covers.
Old 29th December 2022, 11:48   #7548

Can someone throw light on the XUV700 suspension recall? I visited SC yesterday & according to them, my Jan 22 manufactured XUV700 AX7L does not fall under this recall. My car has that gud gud noise from the front suspension too.
anony_drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 12:42   #7549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anony_drive View Post
Can someone throw light on the XUV700 suspension recall? I visited SC yesterday & according to them, my Jan 22 manufactured XUV700 AX7L does not fall under this recall. My car has that gud gud noise from the front suspension too.
What I understood from my SA is that the replacement is not under a recall, it is being done on a case to case basis. The cutoff month is Oct'22, that means all cars manufactured before Oct'22 are eligible for replacement. Just gave my car today morning for the replacement. Mine is a Apr'22 manufactured car. You may check with the senior staff at your service centre or with other service centre in your vicinity.
StarVector is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 13:38   #7550
BHPian

Hi All,
Need some support for my XUV700 delivery. I booked on 18th Oct 2021 and in the month of Sep 2022 app was showing to be delivered by 15th Nov 2022.
Suddenly in 1st week of Nov 2022 date started showing Sep 2023 ie 10 months away. I am following up with dealer(India Garage Whitefield), customer care, and a few known people and they always redirect me to check the app. No one is able to understand why the vehicle booked in Oct 2021 is not delivered till now. People who booked after me got the vehicle.
Any support or contact will help me. Tweeted Mr. Mahindra also and no response came.
Thanks Anand

Last edited by aka_iitd : 29th December 2022 at 13:39.
Old 29th December 2022, 17:53   #7551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Hi All,
Need some support for my XUV700 delivery. I booked on 18th Oct 2021 and in the month of Sep 2022 app was showing to be delivered by 15th Nov 2022.
Suddenly in 1st week of Nov 2022 date started showing Sep 2023 ie 10 months away. I am following up with dealer(India Garage Whitefield), customer care, and a few known people and they always redirect me to check the app. No one is able to understand why the vehicle booked in Oct 2021 is not delivered till now. People who booked after me got the vehicle.
Any support or contact will help me. Tweeted Mr. Mahindra also and no response came.
Thanks Anand
A very similar thing happened to me as well. I raised a bit of a stink with the M&M area sales manager and the dealership head over e-mails. I shared the screenshots of the booking site at various points of time to show how my booking status seemed to have changed over the months since my booking was initiated and how, one fine day, my car went 'missing in action' after reaching the "On the way..." stage on the booking site. Also, based on the advice on this forum, I ensured that kharga[dot]asha[at]mahindra[dot]com was marked on those e-mails .

While it is unlikely that you will get your car as per the promised date on their booking site, the e-mail exchange will ensure that the area sales manager and the dealer take you more seriously. You will need to be on their case till they sense that you will abandon your booking in case the unreasonably long wait gets any longer.

Also, with some people voluntarily opting for deliveries next year to get a 2023 manufactured model, you may chance upon a car, which may be available for delivery in the next couple of days. Who knows?
Old 30th December 2022, 11:06   #7552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadmuncher26 View Post
Also, with some people voluntarily opting for deliveries next year to get a 2023 manufactured model, you may chance upon a car, which may be available for delivery in the next couple of days. Who knows?
Thanks. Yesterday my dealer confirmed he had a discussion with the Mahindra Circle head and the vehicle would be delivered in Jan 2023. As per them shortage AXL D models. Petrol is available readily. Hoping for the best.

Checking with all - Insurance from Mahindra is about 1.2L which is very steep. Any recco for best economical insurance and focal if any.
Old 30th December 2022, 16:46   #7553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post

Checking with all - Insurance from Mahindra is about 1.2L which is very steep. Any recco for best economical insurance and focal if any.
Which model? For AX7L D AT, I got a quote from TATA AIG for 72K. With the NCB 50% discount for the previous policy, I finalized it at 64K. Sireesh Auto, Silk board was pretty helpful to get the insurance done with TATA AIG.
Old 31st December 2022, 09:29   #7554
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks - has there been any update on the ICE firmware again after CarPlay was released? I heard on a few social feeds that there is an update and still keeping my hopes high for a stable CarPlay (without disconnecting or hanging in between) for the 7OO!
Old 31st December 2022, 13:22   #7555
BHPian

Alot of issues and niggles are reported for the xuv700. It is still a great product in the segment. Maybe better than harrier because more issues are reported with Harrier. But i dont see any consistent niggle reports for Hector plus?
I'm keen on knowing how does the MG score in terms of reliability against xuv?
In every other way I know xuv is better, I only want to know if there are any issues reported by long term owners.
Old 31st December 2022, 19:26   #7556
BHPian

My XUV700 comes home

After a long wait (precisely 1Y & 2W), I drove my XUV700 home today. It all unraveled pretty quickly after I got the allotment confirmation on Dec 21st. I had briefly written about it earlier here (Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries). Extremely delighted for the new year gift.

I am thanking all the TBHPians that have collectively enhanced the quality of conversations in this thread with their valuable commentary. It really helped me prepare well for the delivery of my car. I will keep counting on this thread, as I start with my ownership.

There have been many queries on the (Bengaluru) dealership experience. This is my 2nd car with Sireesh Auto Silk board and I am very satisfied with their service (booking process, monthly updates & delivery management) and would recommend them without a second thought.

I will spend some time with the car to write a longer post. Couple of queries to the expert owners here:

1. Alexa - I have it working for other things (like playing music, weather report, etc), except "Car skills" (like opening the sunroof, windows, etc). Is this anything I can debug on my own or it is a backend issue to be addressed by tech. support?

2. Adrenox (Mobile App) - Vehicle Status
Status - Reports the right door is open always. Is this a sync issue or am I missing anything in locking the car?

Thanks.
Old 31st December 2022, 20:38   #7557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribalram View Post
My XUV700 comes home

After a long wait (precisely 1Y & 2W), I drove my XUV700 home today. It all unraveled pretty quickly after I got the allotment confirmation on Dec 21st.
Congratulations and enjoy Driving the Beast!

I am still in the waiting game with a booking date of Nov 2021 for the AX7LP AT and expected delivery of Dec 22-Jan 23. Customer care says Jan would be the handover, while SA keeps changing the CPD every time.

Quick question, how is TATA AIG Insurance claim process (If needed)? Any idea?
Old 31st December 2022, 21:10   #7558

Hi. Has anyone installed the M&M TPMS solution in their AX3 or AX5 variant? I read an earlier post that the system is there, and just sensors need to be installed with some cost. So wanted to check if anyone has done this? Thanks.
Old 31st December 2022, 22:35   #7559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribalram View Post
My XUV700 comes home
2. Adrenox (Mobile App) - Vehicle Status
Status - Reports the right door is open always. Is this a sync issue or am I missing anything in locking the car?

Thanks.
Yes, most likely it is a sync issue. Perhaps your car is parked in a low signal area and unable to communicate its latest status to the mobile app. It has happened to me quite often because my car is parked in the basement, where the mobile signal is generally weak / non-existent. Very rarely have I seen the mobile app showing the correct status when my car is parked in the basement parking. It used to cause a lot of anxiety initially but now I am cool with it

You can try to move your car to a place, where mobile signal strength is strong and see if the mobile app registers the “door closed” status.:
roadmuncher26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2022, 23:33   #7560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadmuncher26 View Post
It has happened to me quite often because my car is parked in the basement, where the mobile signal is generally weak / non-existent. Very rarely have I seen the mobile app showing the correct status when my car is parked in the basement parking.
Thanks, mine is parked in the basement. Will check in an open air parking to confirm.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks