Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2022, 14:03   #6796
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Our expected delivery date has now been changed to Feb 2023 !!
Get it together Mahindra !
We can pull some strings and get the car earlier but I'd rather wait for most of the niggles to get sorted out. Will take a call in the next couple of months.
After a lot of thought we decided to change the variant from Automatic to Manual (AX5 5STR P) depending on our usage and have fixed the first week of October as our delivery time. Went to the showroom and got the previous booking changed to the new one with a decent quote.
As per the sales manager sequential indicators have been discontinued for the current lot, this is really disappointing but cant do anything about it, 2nd key will be provided after 4-6 months. He also said that the suspension noise issue is still prevalent but its mostly being reported in the automatic variants. Rest of the niggles have been taken care of. Hoping this is true.

Will update the thread after taking the delivery.

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 4th September 2022 at 14:07.
faithless_1984 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 17:15   #6797
BHPian

Apple CarPlay

Who all are going for installing Apple CarPlay tomorrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
The major benefit PPF provides is:

- Peace of mind that factory paint will remain intact even after several years
- Small scratches and swirl marks disappear automatically
- On colors such as midnight black where even micro-scratches are noticeable this means your car keeps looking brand new with zero efforts. Otherwise to get rid of those you'll have to perform periodic detailing which itself costs min 5k per session.
- Re-painting most definitely affects re-sale value

That being said, PPF makes complete sense for only those people who are very particular about their cars and want to keep them looking factory fresh for as long as possible. Some people aren't as bothered by swirl marks and minor scratches.
In my previous car XUV500 I had PPF done on the four corners which are most prone to scratches, this kept my car safe. I did the same for my XUV700 Midnight Black, I have got the front and rear bumpers and the tailgate wrapped in PPF. I pressure wash the car about once in a month, wax it once in two months. I plan to try DIY Ceramic Coating once it stops raining here in Jaipur. There are quite a few DIY ceramic coating products now available.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 5th September 2022 at 10:11. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts.
Old 4th September 2022, 17:58   #6798
BHPian

XUV700 AX7 D AT
Booked the car in December of 2021, after 9 months of eagerly waiting, got the call on 18th of august saying a car was available through cancellation and it was at the stockyard! We took the offer as it was the exact same variant as we booked and headed for PDI on the 20th.
PDI went well, no issues found luckily. Went ahead with the payment and was informed by the SA that there was a software update needed and it would take 2-3 days to get it. Update got done on 25th and car went for registration the very next day.
SA promised us delivery on the 27th and he held up to that promise! Got delivery on 27th and have been enjoying the car since! No highway drives yet but hopefully soon.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220827_134726-1.jpg

Last edited by yuvmudapa : 4th September 2022 at 18:03.
yuvmudapa is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 18:13   #6799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirjaipur View Post
Apple CarPlay

No updates from my dealer yet. For Android Auto update they called beforehand. Will anyways check tomorrow morning
Old 4th September 2022, 19:29   #6800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirjaipur View Post
My service manager at the service center was frank enough to tell me the fact that CarPlay launch had already been missed 2 times before. I'll be pleasantly surprised if they actually manage to launch it on time tomorrow.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 20:49   #6801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvmudapa View Post
XUV700 AX7 D AT
Booked the car in December of 2021, after 9 months of eagerly waiting, got the call on 18th of august saying a car was available through cancellation and it was at the stockyard! We took the offer as it was the exact same variant as we booked and headed for PDI on the 20th.
PDI went well, no issues found luckily. Went ahead with the payment and was informed by the SA that there was a software update needed and it would take 2-3 days to get it. Update got done on 25th and car went for registration the very next day.
SA promised us delivery on the 27th and he held up to that promise! Got delivery on 27th and have been enjoying the car since! No highway drives yet but hopefully soon.

Attachment 2354793
Forgot to add that the car does indeed have adaptive cruise control, attaching a picture below:
Name:  Screenshot 20220904 204823.png
Views: 893
Size:  392.8 KB
yuvmudapa is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 21:59   #6802
BHPian

Quote:
After a lot of thought we decided to change the variant from Automatic to Manual (AX5 5STR P).
Very curious why you changed from auto to manual. The only advantage that manual offers is lower initial cost/better mileage which (IMHO) is more than made up in the auto with its ease of driving.

Quote:
Went to the showroom and got the previous booking changed to the new one with a decent quote.
There are no discounts. Is the decent quote for insurance?

Quote:
He also said that the suspension noise issue is still prevalent but its mostly being reported in the automatic variants. Rest of the niggles have been taken care of. Hoping this is true.
Did he specify which niggles have been taken care of?
Old 4th September 2022, 23:00   #6803
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
After a lot of thought we decided to change the variant from Automatic to Manual (AX5 5STR P) depending on our usage and have fixed the first week of .....suspension noise issue is still prevalent but its mostly being reported in the automatic variants. Rest of the niggles have been taken care of. Hoping this is true.

Will update the thread after taking the delivery.
Suspension noise is very much there, be it a manual or an automatic. Also, most of the other niggles will be present if you take delivery in the next month or two.
Although the manual gearbox on the petrol car is smooth and easy, most cities are getting more congested day by day. I feel you shouldn't change your choice of gearbox due to the waiting period. I have a feeling you are rushing into taking something that you didn't want.
sbm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 23:37   #6804
BHPian

Quote:
After a lot of thought we decided to change the variant from Automatic to Manual (AX5 5STR P) .
Quote:
Originally Posted by naru80 View Post
Very curious why you changed from auto to manual. The only advantage that manual offers is lower initial cost/better mileage which (IMHO) is more than made up in the auto with its ease of driving.?
True plus don’t forget that AX5 petrol manual misses out on ESP. That is a very crucial safety feature and should be a deal breaker itself. Highly recommend you switch back to AT if possible.

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 4th September 2022 at 23:39.
Old 4th September 2022, 23:43   #6805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvmudapa View Post
Forgot to add that the car does indeed have adaptive cruise control, attaching a picture below:
Attachment 2354873
I'm surprised that AX7 has adaptive cruise control. According to latest brochure, AX7 will have regular cruise control whereas AX7L will have adaptive cruise control. Did this change?
Old 5th September 2022, 00:06   #6806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
I'm surprised that AX7 has adaptive cruise control. According to latest brochure, AX7 will have regular cruise control whereas AX7L will have adaptive cruise control. Did this change?
Nothing has changed with respect to ADAS features. All adas features are same as they were on launch day. Mahindra has caused unnecessary confusion by putting up just cruise control under AX7. Check the fine print on last page for details.

Adaptive cruise control was and is present on all AT variants of AX7 and above.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 00:16   #6807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
The footnotes state AX7 AT would have Adaptive Cruise Control. It's written in fine print so is easy to miss.

Cheers,
Vins
Vins7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 07:01   #6808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vins7 View Post
The footnotes state AX7 AT would have Adaptive Cruise Control. It's written in fine print so is easy to miss.

Cheers,
Vins
True. And for those of you who want to be absolutely sure, I got this from the latest website brochure. Notice the text between the red marks.
Mahindra XUV700 Review-f97f3baa38fc477bb80c9008f52e16b0.jpeg
automowheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 10:04   #6809
Senior - BHPian

My friend has booked AX7 P AT non-L 6 months ago and dealer has informed that delivery is mostly likely be during end of December. Now, my friend has some constraints in taking delivery in December so he is talking to the dealer to move it to Jan but dealer is unwilling to accommodate and said that rescheduling will mean long wait again.

So wanted to know from folks here if anyone has tried to push the delivery by a month or so? If he rejects the delivery in December, what is realistic timeline for new allotment? Thanks in advance.
Old 5th September 2022, 10:47   #6810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
if anyone has tried to push the delivery by a month or so? If he rejects the delivery in December, what is realistic timeline for new allotment? Thanks in advance.
The max dealership will hold your car is 7-14 days. Any further and the booking will (rightly) go to the next person in line. New allotment will lose the price protection (if any) reset the clock and times can vary anywhere between 3 months to 2 years depending on variant.

What you can try is negotiating with the dealership about paying some amount to hold the delivery. Not sure if they will agree but worth a try. Last resort is contacting Mahindra directly and requesting them to hold for a month. But I feel it's unfair to hold a booking for so long when there are so many waiting for their turn with cash ready.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks