Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2022, 01:55   #7531
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Goofy question to Chennai owners!

I'm planning to book AX7 D AT. Just curious as to which showroom is the best when it comes to SA and overall purchase/delivery experience. (Psst.. Possible to know which SA/showroom can assist with quicker delivery)
Old 22nd December 2022, 19:03   #7532

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinDev View Post
Goofy question to Chennai owners!

I'm planning to book AX7 D AT. Just curious as to which showroom is the best when it comes to SA and overall purchase/delivery experience. (Psst.. Possible to know which SA/showroom can assist with quicker delivery)
I would recommend you to book in atleast two different dealerships. I booked my AX7L D AT at MM Motors Ayappanthagal and Zulaikha Motors Ambattur (just an extn. of Velachery branch).
My first booking was in MM Motors on Feb '22. And the second booking at Zulaikha on Apr '22. Got the car delivered from Zulaikha early (Dec '22).

The standard of customer service at both the dealerships was just okay.
  • MM Motors never gave any update on the deliver status or CPD date. They are yet to update me on my cancellation request.
  • Zulaikha gave me regular updates. But I had to struggle a lot to get them to agree for a PDI.
harish11128 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2022, 15:56   #7533

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendO_Rookie View Post

Unresolved Issues for which I will have to visit again:
  • 5th Tire TPMS
  • LH Side pull
  • Driver side window auto roll-up

Cheers
LH side pull - I understand this wasn't resolved, because the service center missed to fix this or there is no known fix for this? What did service center propose to fix this? I have this same problem, and the blunt answer by the service center is "all cars have this" and "the pull is within permissible limits as per SOP".
KishKush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2022, 16:14   #7534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karaboudjan View Post
Hi Rambo,

Congratulations! you don’t mind sharing, who is your dealer in Mumbai?
Mine is Randhawa, Vikhroli.
Thanks and sorry for the delay in responding, as I was travelling. My dealer is NBS International and they are simply fantastic!
rambomumbai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2022, 17:14   #7535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Just saw a customer on twitter complaining to Mahindra regarding the lack of Apple CarPlay in his newly delivered XUV 7OO. The customer representative replied to the tweet stating that, “certification is under process”. This is really ridiculous that Mahindra hasn’t been able to bag the certification despite the official launch of the car. Really doubtful now whether we’ll be able to use Apple CarPlay while bringing home the car on the 7th of December. Attaching a screenshot for the perusal of our members. Could other members who got delivery confirm the same?
I got the delivery of my XUV AX7 L (P) AT on 21-Nov-2022. VIN indicates that it was manufactured in Nov-2022. It did not have either Android Auto or Apple Car Play preinstalled. Now, I am due for my first service tomorrow. Based on the advice on this forum, I will speak with the cotek at the service center and see if these can installed during the first service. Will post on the forum once I have completed the process.
Old 23rd December 2022, 17:48   #7536
BHPian

Looking for an advise on the dashcams. As XUV7OO doesn't have 12v socket at the front, what dashcam to buy, which runs fine on the USB charging port?
For now I have installed SafeCams one which is powered by 12v socket all the way from third row. Not hppy with it's picture quality.
Old 23rd December 2022, 22:31   #7537

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by KishKush View Post
LH side pull.
Post #8

I’m on a year-end-christmas-vacation-road-trip of about 4.5K. I will get this checked on 1st week of Jan and share an update here.

Merry Christmas Everyone.

Cheers
BendO_Rookie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2022, 02:28   #7538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVector View Post
We welcomed XUV7OO MX Diesel in to our family on 13 May..
I have covered over 11K kms on my MX Diesel XUV 700 including 2000 km round trip on Pune-Mumbai-Mount Abu-Nathdwara route. Thought of sharing my experience over the last six months.

The car is pleasure to drive, I wish you could see the grin on my face everytime I take the car out for a spin. The sheer & brute power available on tap is more than enough for all of my driving needs. More on this later.

Firstly, the good things.
1. The car is a looker. The size, built, design (subjective) and road presence makes people turn their heads. Even now I meet people who are interested to know about the car even though the number of XUV700s has steadily increased on our roads.
2. Space and Comfort: The car is quite spacious and comfortable. During the recent long trip we travelled with full load of passengers and luggage. My family was overall happy with the space available. Full marks to M&M here.
3. Engine: A lot has been discussed regarding the 2.2L Diesel engine. We get a detuned variant of the same engine in MX variant. From my experience I feel that 153 BHP power is more than enough for this 05 seater. This was also validated during my recent trip where the engine was able to meet the demand of quick acceleration and negotiate the ghat section on road to Mount Abu without any fuss.
4. Suspension: Overall I would rate 7/10 for the suspension, for most part the suspension setup does a really good job and even the body roll is well controlled. However as other fellow members have pointed out the response on sharp bumps and craters could have been a little better. During my recent trip, I had the tyres crashing over sharp craters twice with audible loud sound. I had to pullover to inspect for any visible damage. Thank God that everything was ok!

The not so good things.
1. Although the paint quality is good, I feel that the paint lacks the strength to tackle the wear and tear common to Indian conditions. I can already see few shallow marks along with swirl marks on the engine hood and other places. I regularly apply Turtle Wax Graphene Infused Wax but I am still looking for a better solution to provide more durability to the top coat of paint.
2. MX variant comes with stock halogens bulbs which at times is insufficient while driving on roads without median dividers.
3. Gear Box: As such I haven’t had any major problems with the gear box however the gear ratios could have been a little better. Often the car gets stalled in second gear which wasn’t the case in my previous car (Wagon R). Also gear shifts aren’t really very smooth the and gear box is still notchy especially while shifting to first gear.
4. Handling: The car handles well but I feel that it lacks the weight and feel when negotiating sharp corners at higher speeds.

Niggles faced so far
1. Often the infotainment screen becomes unresponsive. This happens when I start the car in the morning; the screen comes up as normal but does not respond to the touch gestures. In such cases that the date and time is also incorrect and it shows the date and time when the engine was last switched off. Surprisingly the issue gets resolved after few hours. I have already reported the issue to the Service Centre thrice, but they have not been able to provide a lasting solution.
2. Squeaking sound from doors/ B pillar. I started facing this problem couple of months ago. Initially I thought that the sound is from B pillar, but the SC guys told me that the sound is from the doors. They lubricated the gaskets and tightened the doors but the issue hasn’t been resolved completed. Now the sound is very faint and you wouldn't notice it if music is being played. I will discuss once again with the SA during my next visit.
3. Sound from flexing of plastic panels on dashboard. This started couple of months ago. The sound is generated by flexing of plastic panels on the dashboard while going over craters and broken roads. SA told me that the issue is normal and moreover they will not be able to correct the issue unless they can locate the exact place of origin of sound. Even I did not push much because I do not want the SC technicians to open up the entire dashboard of a relatively new car.

Service Experience & Support from M&M.
I have got my Car serviced from Sahyadri Motors, Wakad (Pune) and Salasar Auto, Thane. The experience has been good at both the places. I had complained regarding the suspension noise at both the locations however the correction (read retorquing) done by technicians at Salasar Auto was much better. They did a better job in tuning the suspensions response. I am yet to get the front lower control arm replaced for my car. Planning to do that soon.

One more issue that the owners of MX variants are facing is the lack of promised Android Auto feature. It has been more than year since the car was launched but still there is no sign of the Android Auto feature availability. M&M is not even providing a committed date or deadline by when this feature will be available. Without the Android Auto feature the infotainment screen is pretty much useless.

Now coming to the mileage figures I have achieved. I am very sedate driver and drive with a light foot. About 70% of my travel is on highways only. As per the tank to tank method, overall, as of now I have achieved an average of 18 KMPL(all fill ups combined), with the best of 22.2 KMPL I got on my trip to Mount Abu. I have been consistently getting 19-20 KMPL for the last few months.

Snap from Fuelio App
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20221125192807.jpeg

Snaps from my recent trip
Mahindra XUV700 Review-cr1.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-cr2.jpg

I am planning to install tweeters on my car to enhance the sound quality. Request fellow members to share suggestions, if any.

Last edited by vb-saan : 24th December 2022 at 14:28. Reason: Note to moderators removed.
StarVector is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th December 2022, 10:35   #7539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadmuncher26 View Post
I got the delivery of my XUV AX7 L (P) AT on 21-Nov-2022. VIN indicates that it was manufactured in Nov-2022. It did not have either Android Auto or Apple Car Play preinstalled. Now, I am due for my first service tomorrow. Based on the advice on this forum, I will speak with the cotek at the service center and see if these can installed during the first service. Will post on the forum once I have completed the process.
Just an update on this post. I went to the service center as scheduled today. I was met by a service advisor at the entrance. Looking at the odometer reading (only ~400km in a month!) and my desire to update my car for Apple Car Play, he advised that I wait for one more month so that I put some more kilometers on the odometer. He also said that some customers were facing issues such as laggy screens post the installation of Apple Car Play. So, according to him, waiting for one more month, when a more stable update for Apple Car Play may become available, is not such a bad idea.

So I have taken his advice and have come back without getting the first service done.
roadmuncher26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2022, 13:54   #7540
BHPian

Is anyone facing or has faced the left pulling or Steering dipping towards left issue, after getting the Lower Arm replaced?

If yes, please let know how you got it rectified.
Old 25th December 2022, 06:50   #7541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_sid View Post
Can anyone update me about the Apple Carplay status? Are they updating and activating it, during normal service?
Strangely the lady from ASS, who called to confirm my appointment for 1000KM service, and when I asked about the carplay update, she stated that there is some issue pertaining to Mahindra, and they are not updating. This sounded weird!
Then called up the helpline, and lady confirmed there is nothing of such, and gave me the details of the works manager, and said they have updated my request.
Working nicely for me 99% of the time. Auto-connects my phone in 10 seconds or less when i switch on the car.

Only niggles i see at times is if i get a whatsapp call, sometimes it doesnt connect to the car. Not sure if its an carplay issue or something else. Also a few times, have seen that the carplay disconnects and then reconnects. Else it works largely very nicely
originalamit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2022, 10:48   #7542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
what dashcam to buy, which runs fine on the USB charging port?
I have use 70mai M300 and Yi Smart dash cam without a problem. Do not connect to the data port; 70mai dashcam damaged three SD cards before I figured out what's going wrong.

Given the port is rated for 5A, it would support any dashcam that's connected using a micro usb cable.
impala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 15:29   #7543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Finally took the delivery of our car yesterday after 10 months of going back and forth. Haven't driven it much so cant really give the initial ownership report, will post again next week.

Attachment 2384629

Attachment 2384631
So its been a month now and so far the ownership experience has been decent. Took a small roadtrip last month and the car performed really well on both the highway and the hills. City driving is not a headache anymore thanks to the automatic transmission.

I did face some small niggles which were somewhat taken care of in the first service after completing 1k kms but its still not Entirely niggles free.

The itch to upgrade the interior as per my liking was too strong so got new seat covers and dashboard/door trim done in saddle tan nappa leather. Also got pedal covers and ambient lights installed and now am happy with the way the cabin looks.
I`v been contemplating about starting a proper ownership thread with more details/pics but not getting the time for it plus i highly doubt my technical skills to pen down a detailed review.
faithless_1984 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 21:48   #7544
BHPian

Has anyone observed squeaking noise from steering column. It's like some part, plastic or rubber rubbing against each other. Observed on turning steering to the left only. Planning to check this during 10K service coming up in a week but wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions.
Old 28th December 2022, 02:38   #7545
BHPian

Kindly excuse me if this was discussed earlier. Does the booking ID say anything about the waiting period/ make month etc?

Most Viewed