Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2022, 00:20   #6061
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalmaxout View Post
Guys noob question.. what happens if one wishes to postpone delivery. My xuv700 ax7L diesel.AT is showing delivery due in Feb 2023 and i would like to take it in April

Is that possible by the dealer?
Once the vehicle is allocated on a certain date they would give you a week or two to arrange for the finances, this is as per the dealer. On a different note the way the deliveries are being managed you may not need to do anything, M&M might just manage the delayed delivery for you! I have had more date changes to AWD AX7L than one’s capacity to find humour in such situations anymore

Last edited by Jyotil : 8th July 2022 at 00:21. Reason: Typo
Jyotil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 10:34   #6062
BHPian

Anyone owing an ax3 automatic or ax5 automatic variant with adrenox can share whether we can start the car with the mobile app? I saw video of an ax5 manual on youtube which does not have it. I would like to know whether the automatic variants with key ignition have the engine start option from the mobile app?
Old 8th July 2022, 11:19   #6063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asm3899_CHD View Post
Anyone owing an ax3 automatic or ax5 automatic variant with adrenox can share whether we can start the car with the mobile app? I saw video of an ax5 manual on Youtube which does not have it. I would like to know whether the automatic variants with key ignition have the engine start option from the mobile app?
Nope. Once you have a key start ignition no choice of starting the car via mobile app.
Old 8th July 2022, 11:26   #6064
BHPian

To everyone who wants to know if the online status is dependable - NO, it is not. It may work for a few folks, but for most of us it is at best an indicator of hope.

My dates, like my any others on this forum, have moved back and forth. This is how it went:

1. Initial date: 9 Aug to 8 Sep 2022
2. Updated to: 26th Jun to 3 July (when the vehicle status went to Order Under Planning)
3. Then updated to: 7 July
4. And this is the best, now updated to: nothing!

Yes, there is no delivery date at all. Go figure!

Anyway, I am touch with the dealer and I have been told that they expect the vehicle to billed in the second week of July. So fingers crossed.

While I appreciate the sentiment behind having an online portal, it needs to work with some reasonable level of accuracy for it to be useful.
Old 8th July 2022, 11:59   #6065
Senior - BHPian

Dear fellow owners of XUV700, I needed a clarification regarding the loyalty bonus of Rs 25k, which was offered initially by Mahindra for existing Mahindra customers.

Could anyone of you, who have upgraded from other Mahindra cars, let me know if you have got this loyalty bonus discount or Rs 25k from Mahindra during your purchase.

I checked with my dealer regarding the same, he claims that it is only applicable for the booking date of 7th October 2021 and not even applicable for 8th Oct 21 bookings.

But I was of the belief that it was applicable for entire month of October 2021 bookings. Also let me know in case there was any other sort of exchange bonus that was offered as well, which i'm not aware of.

Could anyone please throw some light on this topic. Quick responses are much appreciated as my car is in Transit.
Old 8th July 2022, 12:09   #6066
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charade View Post
To everyone who wants to know if the online status is dependable - NO, it is not. It may work for a few folks, but for most of us it is at best an indicator of hope.

Yes, there is no delivery date at all. Go figure!

Anyway, I am touch with the dealer and I have been told that they expect the vehicle to billed in the second week of July. So fingers crossed.
I was informed that there was supply disruption with the AWD part/ assembly in the month of May and June.
My vehicle was scheduled for delivery by 17th. June. When nothing happended by 17th. I wrote a mail to karga(dot)asha(at)mahindra(dot)com and my vehicle was billed the very next day i.e. 21-06-2022. You may try the same.
Old 8th July 2022, 15:47   #6067
BHPian

Need some help from XUV700 petrol automatic owners. My friend has booked Petrol automatic but he is hearing it quite often that it gives a single digit fuel efficiency most of the time. In my opinion, this might be the case for city driving conditions. But if driven on highway in 80-95 kmph range, it should return 11 to 13 kmph. I have read it on few occasions but not sure about its authenticity and hence I need some owners authentic feedback on this aspect. Appreciate your honest feedback!
prajakt_23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 17:17   #6068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24 View Post
Dear fellow owners of XUV700, I needed a clarification regarding the loyalty bonus of Rs 25k, which was offered initially by Mahindra for existing Mahindra customers.

Could anyone of you, who have upgraded from other Mahindra cars, let me know if you have got this loyalty bonus discount or Rs 25k from Mahindra during your purchase.

I checked with my dealer regarding the same, he claims that it is only applicable for the booking date of 7th October 2021 and not even applicable for 8th Oct 21 bookings.

But I was of the belief that it was applicable for entire month of October 2021 bookings. Also let me know in case there was any other sort of exchange bonus that was offered as well, which i'm not aware of.

Could anyone please throw some light on this topic. Quick responses are much appreciated as my car is in Transit.
I did not get this Loyalty Bonus for my XUV700 booked on Oct 7th and delivered April12th; I had availed of this bonus when purchasing XUV500 W10 after selling XUV500 W8 in April 2017.
Old 8th July 2022, 17:48   #6069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajakt_23 View Post
Need some help from XUV700 petrol automatic owners. My friend has booked Petrol automatic but he is hearing it quite often that it gives a single digit fuel efficiency most of the time. In my opinion, this might be the case for city driving conditions. But if driven on highway in 80-95 kmph range, it should return 11 to 13 kmph. I have read it on few occasions but not sure about its authenticity and hence I need some owners authentic feedback on this aspect. Appreciate your honest feedback!
I am using AX7 P auto. In city driving with stop-go traffic, mileage drops to single digit 7-8 kmpl. However city + highway or highway drives it returns 10+ kmpl. I easily get 12-13 kmpl on highway drives. And this is when odo stands at 1500 kms.
I am sure it will improve after engine breaks in. Hope this helps.

My advise to your friend - buy based on monthly running. If your friend is paranoid about single digit FE, always looks at FE while driving, expects 2L turbo petrol with 2 ton weight should return double digit economy under most conditions, then stay clear.

Last edited by StepUP! : 8th July 2022 at 17:55.
StepUP! is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 20:48   #6070
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravkaushik View Post
I got Mahindra generic reverse camera from dealer. The fitting is next to license plate and the display is in the center display of car itself. The camera quality is adequate in day but pretty average at night. But it was the best compromise.
The camera guidelines seem to be aligned perfectly in your car, while many have complained that it's pointing towards the sky in theirs. Have they used any special procedures for the installation?
Old 9th July 2022, 00:04   #6071
BHPian

Is it possible to use full synthetic engine oil during service at a dealership without voiding warranty ? I asked Mahindra CC / local dealership if they offer synthetic oil ( or I can supply any brand they officially recommend meeting the required standards ) but was told I have to use only the semi synth oil supplied by the dealership. The CC refused to tell me the accepted engine oil standards as well as refused to confirm / deny if the warranty will be affected if I provide mobil 1 / castrol edge to the dealership.

If anyone has any experience using self supplied engine oil for any of their mahindra vehicles without voiding warranty please do share

MMTIA
Old 9th July 2022, 09:15   #6072
BHPian

Finally 9 months later my baby is here in our family. I booked my XUV 700 AX7L diesel automatic on 10 October. Just came home taking the delivery of the car.

Dealer experience wasn’t the best honestly. I was actually allotted a chasis number way back in January after that customer canceled. Even done the pdi of the vehicle and cleared the loan as well.
The day of delivery the showroom canceled the car as the customer came back. Couldn’t believe what was happening.

And 7 months later the cheetah is here.
My initial impressions after upgrading from the 500

The car has the same dimensions so doesn’t feel too difficult to get used to.
The cars steering is extremely light and just loving it In Delhi’s traffic.
The performance of the 182 bhp motor is outstanding. Big upgrade from my 140 bhp mHawk.

Here is the delivery video of our car.

kushgandhi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th July 2022, 10:52   #6073
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushgandhi View Post
I was actually allotted a chasis number way back in January after that customer canceled. Even done the pdi of the vehicle and cleared the loan as well.....The day of delivery the showroom canceled the car as the customer came back. Couldn’t believe what was happening.
And 7 months later the cheetah is here.
Voah. That is downright horrible!!!

How could they do that without even a couple of days notice? Should have changed dealership right there, guess New Delhi should have a good number of Mahindra dealers unlike small cities.

But then, you are satisfied and delighted with the XUV700. At the end of the day, that is what matters.
Old 9th July 2022, 11:29   #6074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajakt_23 View Post
Petrol automatic will give single digit fuel efficiency in pure city use, let there be absolutely no doubt about that. In traffic jams it will drop to 6-8. On traffic free city roads one can expect 9-10 kmpl.
On highways one can expect 11-13 kmpl when cruising between 90 -110. Cruise control increases the efficiency.
This is all with AC on & when driven with a light foot.
nickelniks is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th July 2022, 20:28   #6075
RVR
BHPian

Dear fellow BHPians, wanted to share my not so good experience with the dealer today and also seeking advice on way forward...
I was super excited when I got a call from the SA 3 days ago informing that my car (AX7L AWD in white) is billed and was in transit, will reach Bangalore in 10~15 days and asked me to work on the finances. Had given clear instructions to the SA that I would do PDI at their yard once the vehicle arrives.

Meanwhile, I casually dropped in to the showroom today to get a Proforma and also to decide on accessories. When we entered the showroom, we were pleasantly greeted by a White Beast standing majestically (yes a XUV7OO AX7L AWD). While enquired the SA said they have displayed the vehicle after taking permission from the Owner and would be delivered in a couple of days. On further inspection, found out that the car on display was the one allotted to me. Spoke to their Branch manager, expressed my annoyance and I outright rejected the vehicle.
What surprises me is that he changed my allotment to a different vehicle at the drop of the hat and said that they had already taken approval from Mahindra to change my vehicle allotment in the morning. Is that so easy to change the allotment ?
While I plan to do a PDI on the current vehicle allotted to me (as per dealership) based on the VIN number they shared, I'm still not so confident on their promises. But one thing is for sure, I would not be paying 30 big ones to take delivery of a vehicle from display that was molested by a thousand hands.. in the 30~40 mins I spent in the dealership, at-least a 100 people got in and out of the vehicle doing every sort of things that one can imagine. I can only imagine how much more harassment the vehicle would take in the next 2 odd weeks by the time the finances & documents are arranged before delivery

Dealership in question: Sireesh Auto, Rajajinagar, Bangalore
VEHICLE SR NO-MAINE42T8N6F10862
ENGINE NO-ZTN4F54410
RVR is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks