Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2022, 22:11   #6241
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

An internal circular has been issued informing the staff that prices for the Extended Warranty "Shield" packages will see a significant increase come August 2022.

For example, the 4th & 5th Year Extended Warranty "Shield" package which was priced at Rs 24,779/- when I got my AX5 diesel MT in April 2022 was increased to around Rs 27,300 after that. But by August, this particular 4th & 5th Year "Shield" package will see a steep rise to around Rs 40,500! (including GST)

So, for those who haven't yet opted for Mahindra's Extended Warranty "Shield" packages for the XUV700, please do so as soon as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
The Mahindra dealer just called me and said he has an available AX 3 Diesel MT 7 STR which he can deliver literally in a few days (some client cannot pay/ is abroad).

It doesn’t have Electronic Stability Program (ESP) and Traction Control System (TCS). It does have Hill Hold Control and Electronic Brake Force Distribution.

A significant portion of my usage will be in the hills and highways.
That lakh and half extra you pay is worth every penny just for the ESP & TCS, specially if that 1,800-kg heavy machine will be running mostly through the twisties of the hills and highways.

Go for the AX5 eyes closed just for this single biggest differentiator alone. I feel the AX3 variant isn't that great in terms of VFM and compared to it, the AX5 is excellent VFM.

Communicate to the dealership about keeping you in their priority lists for possible cancellations of allotted cars down the line. Make friends with the dealership manager and the top guy who handles the HSUV segment. That should help you in getting the AX5 sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podilam View Post
New reverse camera Aw60118 with static guidelines and automatic headlamp control unit. Camera quality is good, and I do not have comparison view with other models. Need to test it at night for quality.
Details on the new reverse camera (AW60118) offered as an official accessory for the XUV700 in my ownership report's post here -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/251676-flights-icarus-our-mahindra-xuv700-ax5-diesel-mt-7.html#post5362407 (The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT)

Looks eerily similar to the Blaupunkt DH05 reverse camera being discussed above. BHPian sbm has also ordered the same accessory from his Mahindra dealership.
RavenAvi is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 22:40   #6242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
An internal circular has been issued informing the staff that prices for the Extended Warranty "Shield" packages will see a significant increase come August 2022.

For example, the 4th & 5th Year Extended Warranty "Shield" package which was priced at Rs 24,779/- when I got my AX5 diesel MT in April 2022 was increased to around Rs 27,300 after that. But by August, this particular 4th & 5th Year "Shield" package will see a steep rise to around Rs 40,500! (including GST)
Do you also hear about revising vehicle prices? With Scorpio N having new prices after 25K bookings, I believe the XUV7OO will also see a revision.

Just curious - Is there a correlation between pricing of Shield package and ex-showroom price of the vehicle?
Old 24th July 2022, 23:06   #6243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
Any reason you didn’t use some of the spare fuses to tap in for the acc? Would’ve been interesting to know which of those spare fuses additionally allow for continuous power.
I had to try several fuses while working with the Nexdigitron technician. This was the best fuse that worked to keep the dashcam turned on continuously.

Quote:
As for the surveillance mode, hope the dashcam has a voltage sensor that auto-cuts when battery gets low. XUV already had battery drain issues. Please keep us posted on how it performs in long term.
Currently i have set the dashcam to switch off after 5 minutes. It is the same config that I have on my other dashcam from 70mai in the Creta. It works well to detect any sort of heavy movement when someone messes with the car. This manages to keep the battery drain well within check. However, if you are going to be away for long, it is in your best interest to disconnect the battery terminals.

I had an incident of having a flat battery after i left the car behind with the dashcam connected for 15 days.

To conclude, if your car is running continuously everyday, you will not really face a battery drain issue.
Old 25th July 2022, 01:09   #6244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appupandya View Post
How do I get my suspension noise and fogging issue solved?
The suspension noise has been resolved to an extent for some customers by re-torquing. Mahindra needs to come out with a concrete solution for it, I hope there’s a recall for that soon.

As for fogging issue, try this:

Tanmay007 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 07:09   #6245

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColAjayDrives View Post
I have the same variant delivered on 01 July. I don't have any vibration issue currently.
But I feel the travel duration in the 2nd gear (Auto) is more than required. As a result, the RPM rises more than necessary, the FE drops and I can feel higher NVH levels.

IIRC this was discussed earlier in this thread, but I don't recall the outcome.
Thanks for the feedback @ColAjayDrives.

Yesterday, I have had the chance to drive my friend's XUV700, Diesel Manual. I could feel the similar body shake in 2nd gear but the intensity is less, very subtle, you won't even notice the shake/vibration while driving.
Old 25th July 2022, 08:27   #6246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
….

That lakh and half extra you pay is worth every penny just for the ESP & TCS, specially if that 1,800-kg heavy machine will be running mostly through the twisties of the hills and highways.

Go for the AX5 eyes closed just for this single biggest differentiator alone. I feel the AX3 variant isn't that great in terms of VFM and compared to it, the AX5 is excellent VFM.

Communicate to the dealership about keeping you in their priority lists for possible cancellations of allotted cars down the line. Make friends with the dealership manager and the top guy who handles the HSUV segment. That should help you in getting the AX5 sooner.

..:..
I appreciate your answer. I was really tempted to take the AX3 because it was available overnight, but the lack of safety features made me pause. Your detailed reply confirmed it and I’m staying with the AX5.

On a similar note, I really liked the 700 the first time I saw it and I tend to go with my instincts. Your detailed ownership thread was invaluable in reinforcing and finally concretising my gut feeling. So thanks for that as well!
C'estlavie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 10:25   #6247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hprmodern View Post
Thanks for the feedback @ColAjayDrives.

Yesterday, I have had the chance to drive my friend's XUV700, Diesel Manual. I could feel the similar body shake in 2nd gear but the intensity is less, very subtle, you won't even notice the shake/vibration while driving.
What you are describing here looks like Torque Steer to me or is it ? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torque_steer
Old 25th July 2022, 11:41   #6248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Roof carrier :-

I came across this XUV7OO while visiting my brother. It's an AX7 Petrol AT. The roof cross bars were installed at the Mahindra showroom while taking delivery and the carrier was installed from an accessory shop at Atul Kataria Chowk in Gurgaon. The owner has done some long distance trips with luggage and hasn't faced any issue as yet. Sharing the images as shared

It looks good in my opinion and serves the purpose too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshsharmab View Post
Even roof bar is not needed if you install mtek roof carrier. Easy to install and remove in 5 mins.
I was looking for these; could you please share photos from inside the car from the second row with the sun roof open?
Old 25th July 2022, 15:05   #6249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hprmodern View Post
Hello BHPians

I got my XUV700 delivered on 15th of July. Mine is AX7 L Diesel AT variant.

For the past couple of days I have been facing an issue with the car.

There is a mild but noticeable body shake at the front when revving in 2nd gear. The harder I rev more evident the shake is. This is happening particularly in 2nd gear. No sign of any vibration in 1st gear or 3rd gear and beyond. The issue is reproducible in both M(Manual) and D(Drive) mode.

To all the owners of XUV700, could you guys report any similar issues stated above and any help regarding this is very much appreciated.
Let me guess, this happens in 2nd gear at around 27-28 kmph and feels like a dog trying to shake off water. If you get on the throttle a bit harder, the shake is pronounced but if you baby the throttle and get through that speed/related RPM, the shake is mild. Rest of the gears and RPM, the car works like a charm. Do let me know if this is what is happening.
roadrunner_nv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 15:37   #6250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_nv View Post
Let me guess, this happens in 2nd gear at around 27-28 kmph and feels like a dog trying to shake off water. If you get on the throttle a bit harder, the shake is pronounced but if you baby the throttle and get through that speed/related RPM, the shake is mild. Rest of the gears and RPM, the car works like a charm. Do let me know if this is what is happening.
This is the exact same thing i could observe in my TD too. Go soft on the A pedal and its all good. Go hard and it shakes you off hard too.
Old 25th July 2022, 15:48   #6251
BHPian

Anybody has gone in for Ceramic or PPF coatings ? I was quoted Rs.40,000.00 and Rs.1,40,000.00 in that order by Anant Cars, Bangalore.

My question is are they really worth such astronomical sums ? If done, how long will they last ?
Old 25th July 2022, 15:48   #6252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appupandya View Post
I have encountered a strange issue, All the glass area including the sunroof fogs from inside if car is not driven for more than 24 hours. The issue has happened during summers as well as monsoons. Mahindra Service center unable resolve the issue.

Attachment 2337982
This is clearly a case of excessive moisture inside the cabin. I would suggest you to check the car thoroughly for water ingression, and because its happening for a considerable period I suspect the carpets are holding the water.
Easiest way to check that is to pat the whole floor firmly with dry newspapers, this detects any moisture which may not be visible to the eye. Good luck and keep us posted.
Sumanyu17 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 15:55   #6253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark63 View Post
Anybody has gone in for Ceramic or PPF coatings ? I was quoted Rs.40,000.00 and Rs.1,40,000.00 in that order by Anant Cars, Bangalore.

My question is are they really worth such astronomical sums ? If done, how long will they last ?
I would prefer repainting the whole car than do this. Its too much money
shrk_18 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 16:09   #6254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark63 View Post

What many people don't realise is that PPF and Ceramic both require regular maintenance. It's not a one-time cost as many think. Personally, never preferred either of the two on any of my cars and still happy. Regular wax/polish and washing is enough to keep your car in healthy shape. Also, there's also the option of repainting the car after a few years and even that will be a cheaper alternative to the above two treatments. The astronomical sums quoted by car shops for PPF and Ceramic are usually just another way of milking unaware customers.

Anyway, it's your personal choice to evaluate the RoI and see what fits your pocket, if at all.
IamNikhil is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 16:29   #6255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
What many people don't realise is that PPF and Ceramic both require regular maintenance. It's not a one-time cost as many think. Personally, never preferred either of the two on any of my cars and still happy. Regular wax/polish and washing is enough to keep your car in healthy shape. Also, there's also the option of repainting the car after a few years and even that will be a cheaper alternative to the above two treatments. The astronomical sums quoted by car shops for PPF and Ceramic are usually just another way of milking unaware customers.

Anyway, it's your personal choice to evaluate the RoI and see what fits your pocket, if at all.
Just to add, some substandard PPF will actually peel away the paint when it is being removed. Also, a small nick is enough for the PPF to be replaced. The likelihood of this happening is very high in India.
shifu is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks