Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2022, 12:43   #6211

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

https://www.team-bhp.com/news/scoop-...spension-issue

I did a quick check on 2 variants (non AWD) - AX7 D L AT (April) and AX7 D AT (June). Both these have 8 full coils on rear suspension. In the attached picture, the two bottom coils are concealed. I spotted a hose/cable running across the rear suspension on AX7 D L AT, it is not loose and clamped/clipped to the lower control arm. This isn't visible on AXT D AT.

I experience slight drift towards left with steering in straight position, even on a flat concrete floor. This drift increases on tarmac, probably depending on the road camber. I reported this to the service center and they performed wheel alignment. I could see on the report, front toe was out of spec and it was corrected. But other parameters, rear toe & steering axis inclination are still out of spec. I still get the drift towards left on absolutely flat floor. Another visit to get this rectified, and not entirely sure if the rear suspension has anything to do with the drift. I still get the "thud" from front suspension and no convincing answers or resolution yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-ax7ldat.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-ax7dat.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-alignment.jpg  

KishKush is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 12:53   #6212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KishKush View Post
https://www.team-bhp.com/news/scoop-...spension-issue

I did a quick check on 2 variants (non AWD) - AX7 D L AT (April) and AX7 D AT (June). Both these have 8 full coils on rear suspension. In the attached picture, the two bottom coils are concealed. I spotted a hose/cable running across the rear suspension on AX7 D L AT, it is not loose and clamped/clipped to the lower control arm. This isn't visible on AXT D AT.
I suspect that may be wiring for the EPB which is an add on in the Luxury pack
shrk_18 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 18:03   #6213
BHPian

Can someone pls post the PDI checklist? There are multiple checklists on the forum so a bit confused.
Thanks

Cheers…
Old 21st July 2022, 19:06   #6214
BHPian

Guys,

Any idea on what happened to personalized safety/speed alerts? Was that released in the final version?
Old 21st July 2022, 19:10   #6215
BHPian

Hello people, logging in today after a gap of almost 5 months. Been in and out of the country for work. Good to be back in action now.

Small update:
Having driven my White Beauty barely in these past few months, did a quick Mumbai-Goa-Mumbai trip over the weekend. The ODO has just touched 5k
Looking forward to more drives in the coming months. Will be held up with work commitments, but will try to be more active here!

Missed the whole gang here. Hope everyone has received deliveries of their respective steeds by now. Few of my friends are still awaiting delivery, couple of them had to face more delays and are now slated to get them in September.
IamNikhil is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 08:33   #6216

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramradcliff View Post
Guys,

Any idea on what happened to personalized safety/speed alerts? Was that released in the final version?
It works. Not very accurate tho. I have set speed limit to 60 but the alert audio comes up at 75-80.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_2022072208065801_67b948f2f86cc24313c3b18cabbad5d4.jpg  

KishKush is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 10:24   #6217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
Hi All,

I need some advice regarding the new car insurance. I have 2 quotations, one from the dealer and the other from policybazaar website. The one from dealer is with Eidelweiss and has a premium of ~65k and the online one is with United India Insurance and has a premium of ~55k. In terms of addons and IDV etc everything is a match. However the dealer insurance covers 100% labour charge too. In the online one nothing as such is explicitly mentioned. Please suggest what should I opt for?
The dealer quote seems fair. The initial quote I received from the dealer was 99k+ and the quotes from my trusted insurance guy were 66k for zero depreciation and consumables and 74k with every other add-on including return to invoice. I have asked the dealer to match these.

I did get a lower quote from United India (around 55k) but I avoid going with public insurance companies; few people I know have had some issues with the claim process.
a_chelat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 10:58   #6218
BHPian

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5361613 (Scoop! Mahindra recalls XUV700 AWD over rear suspension issue)
My AWD is in transit. In this case what should I expect as this is a recent recall? Will my XUV be having 9 coils factory fitted?
Thanks

Last edited by MissionManali : 22nd July 2022 at 11:07.
Old 22nd July 2022, 11:38   #6219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
I need some advice regarding the new car insurance. I have 2 quotations, one from the dealer and the other from policybazaar website. The one from dealer is with Eidelweiss and has a premium of ~65k and the online one is with United India Insurance and has a premium of ~55k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_chelat View Post
The initial quote I received from the dealer was 99k+ and the quotes from my trusted insurance guy were 66k for zero depreciation and consumables and 74k with every other add-on including return to invoice. I have asked the dealer to match these.

I did get a lower quote from United India (around 55k) but I avoid going with public insurance companies.
Not sure about Edelweiss Insurance, but the dealer quote seems good at 65k. Do check with HDFC Ergo or ICICI Lombard too. I opted for HDFC Ergo with a premium of 74k with following covers: Zero Dep, Engine & Gearbox Protect, Emergency Assistance, Consumables and RTI. Personally never a fan of PSU insurance just because of the hassles that ensue in case of a claim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_gpatel View Post
I need your guidance in buying a new cover for my XUV700. Am not buying any from M2all, so form your personal experiences, are there any aftermarket covers that fit XUV700 well and are long lasting too?
The Mahindra official cover is actually quite good. I have the White one and the quality is much better than aftermarket ones.
IamNikhil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 12:16   #6220

Hello BHPians

I got my XUV700 delivered on 15th of July. Mine is AX7 L Diesel AT variant.

For the past couple of days I have been facing an issue with the car.

There is a mild but noticeable body shake at the front when revving in 2nd gear. The harder I rev more evident the shake is. This is happening particularly in 2nd gear. No sign of any vibration in 1st gear or 3rd gear and beyond. The issue is reproducible in both M(Manual) and D(Drive) mode.

Now that the car has clocked 950kms I took the car for 1st service at AMPL Mahindra Guindy, Chennai and explained the issue to SA. He arranged a road test with a technician. He recognised the vibration and assured that it is very normal and nothing is wrong with the car, I am not surprised with his response as I am very much used to all those responses from various other brands (I owned Figo and Verna before) I asked him is there any similar complaints from other owners, he said no such thing has been reported.

I could have met the Service Manager and forced them to fix it but as the car is new I didn't want them to create new issues in the name of fixing this 'unknown' issue. So I thought I'd wait for the car to clock another 2000 kms or so and take it back to them if the vibration increases over time.

While I was driving back home the issue still persists. I am not sure where it occurs.

To all the owners of XUV700, could you guys report any similar issues stated above and any help regarding this is very much appreciated.
Hprmodern is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 12:58   #6221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionManali View Post
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5361613 (Scoop! Mahindra recalls XUV700 AWD over rear suspension issue)
My AWD is in transit. In this case what should I expect as this is a recent recall? Will my XUV be having 9 coils factory fitted?
Thanks
Yeah should be. I took delivery on First of July and mine is not in the recall list.
All new vehicles should be fine.
Sommos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 15:48   #6222
BHPian

Hi All,

I received the performa invoice from the SA today. The cost sheet doesn't have any unnecessary costs, I'm kind of surprised now. Wanted to know whether the performa invoice price is the real quote or will there be any other quote when the actual delivery day comes

Last edited by Monty1 : 22nd July 2022 at 15:49. Reason: Spell check
Old 22nd July 2022, 15:59   #6223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogs View Post
I got a 8 channel signal processor, Helix DSP.3s installed tapping the speaker out through a Mahindra specific ISO wiring harness. The DSP has 8 channel outputs, which can be individually configured.

I have used 4 channels powering one pair of Morel virtus 602 components for the front door in an active setup without using crossovers. A 4-channel Brazzo PA690 Amp power the 2 midranges and 2 tweeters independently.

2 channels are used for rear door Morel virtus 602 components. I reused the crossover from front components for a biamped setup with independent crossover for tweeters and midrange, using another 4 channel Brazzo PA660 amp.

Currently, I am using 2 channels for the subwoofer, connected to a Sony bass tube through a Class D micro amplifier Vibe 400.1
How would you rate the setup in terms of sound signature? How's the -
Warmth?
Dynamics?
Musicality?
Sound stage?

Enjoy your new setup
reppy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 17:12   #6224

Hello to all the respected BHPians!
This is my first post.
I have booked XUV700 D AT AWD on 8th October 2021 and still waiting for the delivery.
While the status on Mahindra Portal moved to 'Order under planning stage' on 04.07.22, since then today is the third time when delivery timeline has shifted as below:
First delivery update on 04.07.22 - 19th Jul-26th Jul 2022
Second delivery update on 11.07.22 - 18th Aug-2nd Sep 2022
Third delivery update on 22.07.22 - 18th Aug-28th Sep 2022
While I am eagerly waiting for the delivery, I am concerned now due to recalls done on AWD variant by Mahindra.
My two question to fellow BHPians - (1) does AT AWD comes with EPB as indicated in small font footnotes in XUV700 Brochure?
(2) Should I continue to wait owing to the overall performance specially of AWD and not cancel the booking due to current quality concerns & recalls in a 30L car?
Old 22nd July 2022, 19:54   #6225
BHPian

So advice from fellow BHPians requested!

The Mahindra dealer just called me and said he has an available AX 3 Diesel MT 7 STR which he can deliver literally in a few days (some client cannot pay/ is abroad).

I like this trim (don’t care for entertainment add ons, sunroof etc. Rear view camera I shall have retrofitted). Also I mostly won’t be driving myself.

However:

It doesn’t have Electronic Stability Program (ESP) and Traction Control System (TCS). It does have Hill Hold Control and Electronic Brake Force Distribution.

A significant portion of my usage will be in the hills and highways.

Honestly I’m torn. What advice would you give, folks? The next trim ( for me) is the AX 5 Diesel MT 7 STR which has HHC and EBD. But it’s a lakh and a half more expensive AND delivery will be months away!

I’ve said it here before, I’m not a car aficionado or any kind of expert. Just a back seat passenger. Need help!

Last edited by C'estlavie : 22nd July 2022 at 19:58. Reason: Added info
C'estlavie is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks