Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2022, 10:31   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleueNinja View Post
I was recently comparing AX5 Diesel (5 seater) with harrier XT+. Harrier post discounts was actually coming in 30,000 cheaper than AX5.

I feel XT+ has more premium interiors when compared to AX5. In harrier you get soft touches in many places including dashboard whereas in XUV you get hard plastics. Maybe it's subjective but i felt overall when you compare mid variants of harrier & safari with XUV's AX5, they have better interiors.

If you were to compare AX7 with XZ then definitely XUV has an edge over the tata twins.
Well that is absolutely your personal choice Sir, but please remember that in order to save 30K you will be compromising with safety of yourself and family members.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th July 2022 at 13:49. Reason: choise > choice
Sommos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 10:53   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Well that is absolutely your personal choise Sir, but please remember that in order to save 30K you will be compromising with safety of yourself and family members.
How am I compromising safety of my family member and myself by going for harrier? Care to elaborate?
Old 20th July 2022, 13:40   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How am I compromising safety of my family member and myself by going for harrier? Care to elaborate?
Please check the GNCAP rating of XUV 700 and the Safari.

You may even like to find out the reasons why the Safari and Harrier, two premium offering from the TATA stable, has not been sent for GNCAP test when other cars like Punch, Nexon, ALtroz has undergone the test.
Sommos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 14:34   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Please check the GNCAP rating of XUV 700 and the Safari.

You may even like to find out the reasons why the Safari and Harrier, two premium offering from the TATA stable, has not been sent for GNCAP test when other cars like Punch, Nexon, ALtroz has undergone the test.
I am aware of it

It’s a design issue with Fiat’s multijet engine. If the car meets an accident in a specific scenario the fuel pump might end up protruding the footwell area.

This engine has been used in compass as well. Ncap rating or not would you conclude that harrier/safari/compass aren’t well built cars and respective owners of these vehicles have compromised safety of their family members. I don’t think so.

There are N number of incidents where these cars were unfortunately involved in an accident and they very well kept their occupants safe.

GNcap is definitely doing a good job highlighting safety flaws with mass market cars but we can definitely use our experience to very well analyse how well built a car is or not.
BleueNinja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 22:03   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

For those who are buying the AX5 or lower variants of the XUV7OO, Mahindra has changed the design and type of the Reverse Camera which is being offered as an official accessory. You can order it through your dealership. The M2ALL website isn't updated with this item yet.

Part Number :- AW60118.

The new accessory reverse camera is angled downwards in it's housing and should offer proper laid-out guidelines on the ground behind for reversing, unlike the previous offering which was straight and the display had guidelines pointing towards the sky!

Details:-
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-38e8cc72534d420eb5d21b8689970c34.jpeg

The kit.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-00a42bf0d1b047d8abcdcb9315182b4b.jpeg

Camera & mounting instructions.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-ad4772806c1b43538c1efef3d1e71451.jpeg

Looks identical to the Blaupunkt DH05 reverse camera in discussion in the official XUV700 review thread.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-de95e1e0cfa949b19ad042fac945bc81.jpeg

Placement.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-2e2b2d6901a7428782fdb5599f43f6b3.jpeg

The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-903e8ff405f14a19b92af7b3be166c9c.jpeg

The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-aa2c794d1d2e435f815800aa9a5d3edc.jpeg

Please be informed that I haven't yet had a chance to check the display output of this reverse camera accessory yet, although I am told that the output is slightly better than the accessory offered earlier (the straighter reverse camera which was either drilled and fitted into the rear bumper or beside the number plate lights).

My order of the AX7 reverse camera and it's two harnesses have an update - the harnesses have been shipped but the camera unit itself hasn't been dispatched yet. Hopefully soon.

Ordered the Coxeer Universal Car Ceiling Dome Light from Amazon as backup for the 3rd row lighting, should the existing LED unit doing duty go dim with depleted charge or conk out while in use. Till then, it will do duty as a standalone emergency light as and when I need it. It came highly recommended by a couple of friends who are using it on their Thars. Got lucky with the order as it was the last piece left at the older price of Rs 850/-.

The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-image0.jpeg

The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-image2.jpeg

Also, the bumper corner protectors (OEM accessory) on Icarus have peeled off on one side of each (two in the rear, one on front at driver's side) from their stuck edges and are looking bad now. Not sure if they weren't stuck properly, the glue given was bad or it's just bad quality overall but nevertheless, I would suggest avoiding corner protectors from Mahindra's official accessory section. Better go aftermarket for these for your XUV7OOs.

Rear left.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-image3.jpeg

Rear right.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-image4.jpeg

Front - driver side.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-image5.jpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
Faced this exact issue 2 days ago in my car as well. Music kept playing via bluetooth except the infotainment screen was blank. I don’t use AA so this issue definitely was’t related to that in my case. The screen came back after sometime automatically. It’s happened only once so far.
In my case, the display didn't come back at all until I switched off the ignition at the end of my journey and switched back on. Hence I deduced that this was definitely related to the display clashes. Hasn't happened since so hoping it was an one-off.

Haven't seen the Hill Hold Control Error again. Touchwood it stays that way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjan.mulye View Post
The service center updated my XUV's software to the latest version(8.0.XXX) when the car went for 10000km service.
Am getting a lower fuel economy since the update.Is fuel economy related to software update?
The FE displayed on the MID is over-enthusiastic. As I have said before, with no change in driving style I have seen the displayed FE go down to 8.4-8.5kmpl and rise up till 21-22kmpl! It is not accurate at all.

If they have fixed this with a software update and the FE figure shown is more sane and in line with what the Fuelio app or even the Trips section in the AdrenoX app show as FE figures, then well and good.

Quote:
In variants having RLS (rain and light sensors) Skyroof and Sunshade will close automatically while rain is detected.
Excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbad View Post
Try changing the file system of the USB drive from NTFS to FAT or vice versa.
Been there, done that. Formatted to ex-FAT as well. Not working.

Quote:
I was recently comparing AX5 Diesel (5 seater) with harrier XT+. Harrier post discounts was actually coming in 30,000 cheaper than AX5.

I feel XT+ has more premium interiors when compared to AX5. In harrier you get soft touches in many places including dashboard whereas in XUV you get hard plastics. Maybe it's subjective but i felt overall when you compare mid variants of harrier & safari with XUV's AX5, they have better interiors.

If you were to compare AX7 with XZ then definitely XUV has an edge over the tata twins.
I personally feel the 7OO's interiors are much more lavish in comparison. Plastics are also soft at touch points too. The overall roominess and ambience feel inside the 7OO is much better than the Safari. Plus, in-cabin ergonomics are more sorted in the Mahindra. When I TDed the Safari, the shin of my left leg brushed hard against the lower part of the dash and the skin came clean off. Also, the center console was continuously pressing against my left leg, similar to how it was in my Cretas. No such problems in the 7OO.

If I was given a choice today again to choose between the Safari XT or the 7OO AX5 purely in terms of cabin feel, I would again choose the 7OO.

One point regarding the safety aspect - an unknown crash test result will always play on your mind when you go out and make a big purchase decision regarding expensive cars in your life. After all, not only are you spending 20-21 big ones of your hard-earned money on this machine but also investing 7-10 years of your future life, while trusting it with the lives of your near-and-dears with it every time you hit the roads for trips. In this aspect, Sommos is right. The tried and tested product is always more desirable than the unknown product, specially if it's a once-in-a-lifetime decision for people with limited or stretched budgets to accomodate such expensive offerings (with such a crucial safety aspect highlighted separately) in their lives.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 21st July 2022 at 02:00. Reason: As requested
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 18:02   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Faced another first yesterday afternoon - DPF Clogged / REGEN required.

I was on an in-city run through heavy, lashing rains when these alerts popped up on the MID:-

The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_3597.jpg

The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_3596.jpg

Not sure why these came up. There was no change in engine response nor revs. Neither was I on very short in-city jaunts at any time recently.

Called up my (now) trusty Paramount service manager who recommended me to take it to the local Mahindra service center, Balaji Motors. Did the same and drove Icarus to the local Mahindra service center on the outskirts of my city where, after staying outside for around 10 minutes, I was turned back because they were not permitted to even touch the XUV7OO! Apparently due to the blacklisting of the dealership since last year, none of their service techs were trained with handling XUV7OOs!

The service manager there did his best to convince his higher-up (on the phone) that my XUV7OO was facing an issue and to permit them to at least hook up the service laptop and diagnose the vehicle so that they could take a reading of the amount of soot collected inside the DPF and inform me about the same, but his superior was firm and adamant and put his foot down on this. He told him to tell me to contact RSA (Road Side Assistance) instead and wait. Meanwhile, the service center's CoTek had also arrived. Both stood in the pouring rain and shrugged helplessly at me. I told them not to worry and I was capable of tackling this problem myself.

Called up the Paramount service center's manager again and he hooked me up with the CoTek over there. I detailed the problem and my recent running trips to him and told him there was no problem with my XUV's engine response. All was as expected and I was suspecting that another cranky sensor was at fault here. He told me not to worry and, if possible, to drive on the highway at speeds of around 70kmph for at least 30 minutes till the warnings disappeared. When I told him that heavy rains have clogged all roads and highways around my city, he told me to follow his instructions over the phone on doing a Forced Parked Regeneration process.

-- Forced Parked Regeneration Starts --

On stationary mode in an open area, I cranked up the engine with the gear in neutral and with the handbrake pulled up. Then I accessed the "DPF Regeneration" section under "Drive Info" menu (after Trip A, Trip B & Clock), and pressed "OK". The mHawk engine immediately revved up to 2,500RPM by itself and stayed there continuously. The CoTek told me that it would take at least 30 minutes for the process to be complete if the soot accumulated inside the DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) had exceeded 10 grams, and not to touch any of the A, B or C pedals. I sat inside quietly and kept observing the MID which kept showing the 2 warnings. After 7-8 minutes, the warnings disappeared from the MID and the engine revs came back to normal idling.

-- Forced Parked Regeneration Ends --

Revved it a couple more times and then drove for 40 kms on the open highway before returning home.

Called up the Paramount CoTek and thanked him for all his help and told him that the Regen process lasted for only 8 minutes. He was of the opinion that the soot collected inside the DPF must be less than 4-5 grams, that's why the process ended sooner than expected. He also told me to avoid very short trips between shutdowns as much as possible, or let the engine idle for 7-8 minutes before complete shutdown if I am at the end of a pressed-for-time short trip.

Big thanks to my TORC friends and BHPian sbm for being in constant touch throughout this 2-hour period.

Took Icarus out today on another 50 km run to see if anything unexpected happened. All was fine and I reached 3-digit speeds in no time. Came back home extremely satisfied.

The realtime FE displayed on the MID had dropped to 9.6kmpl yesterday (from 15.7kmpl displayed before the warnings popped up). Now it's risen up to 13.2kmpl after my short trip today.

Big Brother is Watching!

Also, I came to know day before yesterday that higher-ups at Mahindra are keeping track of ownership reports. My first free service report was seen and the unavailability of parts issue was followed up at Paramount by their higher-ups from the Head Office. I too received a call from the area CCM (Customer Care Manager) who enquired from me if I had any problems during the first free service. I clarified that wrong parts (from the AX7L) had been ordered and which has since been rectified. The correct parts are in transit and should reach by next weekend. I received a follow-up email from him on our phone conversation too, which was followed by another email yesterday which gave me a thumbs up for the support given by the Paramount CoTek with the forced Parked Regen process.

Running has become limited due to my job commitments and continuous heavy, lashing rains here which has hit us for almost a month now.

ODO now stands at 1,617 kms.

Last edited by Aditya : 25th July 2022 at 05:29. Reason: Spacing, mention of social media
RavenAvi is offline   (76) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 10:29   #97
BHPian

I think a much more detailed tutorial has to be given to all owners taking a BS6 vehicle delivery on Manual Regen. Very few executives just give give a verbal explanation which is brushed aside on the excitement of a new car. The manual regen issue is faced by many and all brands just ask us to refer the manual.

Last edited by Aditya : 26th July 2022 at 16:09. Reason: Typo
Jhinchak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 12:12   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

ODO now stands at 1,617 kms.
Thanks for sharing the process for Manual Regen.
I have got an AX5 Diesel Automatic and was expecting DPF warning as I use the vehicle for short frequent trips.
Completed 1900 KMs on ODO in 2 months and Luckily no DPF warning so far.
MaanSingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 12:21   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhinchak View Post
I think a much more detailed tutorial has to be given to all owners taking a B6 vehicle delivery on Manual Regen
The online version of the XUV700 owner's manual has detailed steps given in section "4.3 Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF)", under the title "DPF Park Regeneration". Executives cannot give a demo of this during delivery, as manual regen should not be done till the indication is seen on the vehicle's console.

Quote:

4.3 Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF)

The Diesel particulate filter (DPF) is an integral part of the vehicle exhaust gas emission reduction systems and it removes the soot (Particulate matter) from the exhaust gas. Unlike a disposable air filter, the DPF is a regenerative filter. Regeneration is triggered automatically according to vehicle driving conditions which burns the accumulated particles/soot from the DPF. The process is called as DPF Active Regeneration.

However, if the vehicle continues to be driven in the below conditions the accumulated soot may not be automatically removed because of low exhaust gas temperatures.
1. Heavy traffic driving conditions, especially in the city
2. Frequent short trips
3. Low speed for a long time

When more than a certain amount of soot gets deposited, the DPF telltale turns ON along with the DPF clogged alert.

If the DPF telltale turns ON when driving the vehicle, it indicates that the DPF regeneration has not occurred successfully. At this moment, we suggest DPF regeneration must be done as mentioned below:
Take the vehicle to an empty stretch of road/highway and drive for 20 – 30 mins @ speeds above 60 km/hr until the telltale turns off.

Warning
• Follow speed limits & traffic regulations as defined by local jurisdiction while driving.

If the DPF telltale starts blinking, perform DPF park regeneration following the below procedure.
If the OBD telltale is ON & DPF telltale blinking. Stop the vehicle and contact the nearest Authorised Mahindra dealer for assistance.

Caution
Continuous driving with DPF telltale blinking may lead to failure of exhaust system components

DPF Park Regeneration

DPF park regeneration is the procedure to start a DPF regeneration when the vehicle is stationary from the instrument cluster. Follow the below steps to perform Park Regeneration. The DPF park regeneration is only possible when the REGEN telltale is ON in the instrument cluster.

• Park the vehicle safely in a well ventilated levelled open space and free of any flammable material.
• Shift the gear lever to Neutral with the engine running and apply the parking brake.
• Access the Drive info menu in the instrument cluster and press the down button to go to the REGEN screen, REGEN screen will appear only when the REGEN telltale is ON.
• REGEN screen will go OFF if REGEN telltale turns OFF.
• When in the REGEN screen of the drive info menu, long Press OK button on the steering wheel or the driver side switch bank to start park regeneration.
• Once regeneration starts, “In Progress” text will appear below REGEN. The engine idle speed will increase indicating regeneration has started.
• Park Regeneration can take up to 30 minutes to complete. Once completed the REGEN telltale in the instrument cluster will turn OFF. The engines idling speed also returns to normal.
• To abort the Park regeneration in case of any emergency, turn OFF the ignition or press any of the Accelerator, Brake or Clutch Pedals.
• If the Park Regeneration gets aborted by itself or does not start, contact an Authorised Mahindra Dealer for assistance.

Warning
• During the regeneration process, ensure not to park the vehicle close to any flammable materials as you may observe hot emission gases from exhaust pipe.
• To avoid burns & personal injury, keep yourself away from exhaust system.

Caution
Park Regeneration process will not start if CHECK ENGINE LAMP or OBD are ON in the cluster. Take your vehicle to a Authorised Mahindra dealer for assistance.
When Park regeneration is happening do not press the Accelerator, Brake, Clutch pedals or change the gear from Neutral or Park as this will abort the regeneration process.

Diesel Fuel
It is recommended to use the regulated automotive diesel fuel confirming to IS 1460: 2017 spec only.
If the diesel fuel with high sulfur content (more than 10 PPM) and unspecified additives are used, it can cause damage to the DPF system and will not be covered under warranty.
Source : https://storagewyh.blob.core.windows...rs-Manual.html

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th July 2022 at 12:26. Reason: Adding the content in the post itself, in case the link stops working :)
comfortablynumb is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 13:42   #100
BHPian

This seems to be a menace even in such a sorted Diesel engine by Mahindra, which comes with DEF too and in a brand new car which has hardly done 1.XX Thousand KMs, which has not just run in small city trips but long highway trips too.

Does one really needs to think about this all the time they drive the car? Also I expected cars with DEF to not have this issue as compared to ones without it because they solely rely on particulate filter for meeting their emissions, this seems like such a turn off.

Sad state of affairs for Diesels honestly, as a Diesel lover I anyways can't realistically buy one in Delhi NCR for obvious reasons and then problems like this will also keep customers from other states away from it, will lead to death of eventual death of such fantastic all rounder engines.

Sorry for sounding so negative, I have been following your detailed thread on this VFM Variant of XUV700 and loving to read every well written update otherwise.
Rocketscience is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 16:28   #101
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Such complex procedures will be hard to handle in rural India and for older owners. Not too happy with the DEF solution for BS6 Diesels.

While the force Gurkha does produce much lesser power it is able to deliver BS6 without any of these complex procedures. Needs a rethink.

Do diesel engines in the western world also have such a complicated work around?
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 16:55   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Faced another first yesterday afternoon - DPF Clogged / REGEN required.
Noob query.
The whole essence of BS6 vs BS4 is that BS6 should be less polluting. But if the car has to be kept running for 30 minutes for this DPF regen on a regular basis, doesn't it defeat the whole purpose of lesser pollution? I mean the car is running for no intended use of end user but is still emitting polluting gases. Educate me please!!!
headbanger is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 17:22   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
While the force Gurkha does produce much lesser power it is able to deliver BS6 without any of these complex procedures. Needs a rethink.

Do diesel engines in the western world also have such a complicated work around?
Every BS6 diesel car with a DPF will collect soot over time. Most cars on crossing a set threshold will simply ask you to visit service center to clear it up. The *complex* procedure (which isn’t that complicated really) you see is actually a great option as it allows you to clear the soot before reaching a point where a service center visit is needed.

As for this particular case, it seems very rare. I’ve never heard anyone facing a clogged DPF issue so early. Might be worth diagnosing to figure out why the automatic regen at higher speeds failed to clear up soot sufficiently to stay below the manual regen threshold.

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 26th July 2022 at 17:29.
Tanmay007 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 19:47   #104
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Every BS6 diesel car with a DPF will collect soot over time. Most cars on crossing a set threshold will simply ask you to visit service center to clear it up. The *complex* procedure (which isn’t that complicated really) you see is actually a great option as it allows you to clear the soot before reaching a point where a service center visit is needed.

As for this particular case, it seems very rare. I’ve never heard anyone facing a clogged DPF issue so early. Might be worth diagnosing to figure out why the automatic regen at higher speeds failed to clear up soot sufficiently to stay below the manual regen threshold.
I have the same car, same model, and on the same day, I was at the service centre (different city) for the first service at 1000km. The mechanic observed that the deposited soot was 19 grammes and initiated a service regen even though there was no warning on the console. Now the thing is, the last 400km of the 1000km were on highways at speeds above 70kmph, and I was expecting that this would clear all soot deposits from my city commutes. The mechanic said that 20g is the threshold for park regen warning on the console and 37g is the limit for service regen, but he was not very confident. I now don't know whether a warning would have occurred if the service regen was not conducted and whether my driving pattern is good for passive regen.

While it's true that DPFR is an inconvenience, the park regen feature given in Mahindra cars is a boon. Otherwise, one has to maintain high speeds for half an hour, which itself is a difficult thing to do, especially in hills and rural areas.
sbm is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 20:45   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhinchak View Post
I think a much more detailed tutorial has to be given to all owners taking a BS6 vehicle delivery on Manual Regen.
To simulate a manual parked regen issue in an XUV7OO for prospective customers is impossible, unless a vehicle afflicted with this particular problem is brought to the service center and is shown/displayed when someone is taking delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
The online version of the XUV700 owner's manual has detailed steps given in section "4.3 Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF)", under the title "DPF Park Regeneration".
The manual is actually a great source for learning all things related to the 7OO and it's complexities. Big thanks to BHPian comfortablynumb for sharing it in here!

Also, to add, the "DPF Park Regen" option under the "Drive Info" menu is shown only when the "DEF Clogged" and "Regen" warnings come on the MID. At all other times, the "Drive Info" menu ends at the Clock (Digital).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaanSingh View Post
I have got an AX5 Diesel Automatic and was expecting DPF warning as I use the vehicle for short frequent trips.
Completed 1900 KMs on ODO in 2 months and Luckily no DPF warning so far.
If you are doing regular short trips and in-city commutes at slower speeds, expect the warnings to pop up sooner than later. Best way to notice this is the smell from the engine bay over the hot bonnet immediately after shutdown from a short run. Apart from the burnt diesel smell, there is also a sort of metallic, charcoal-ish smell mixed with it. It smells different. I had noticed this different smell from 3-4 days prior to getting the MID warnings, but now the smell has disappeared since the procedure was completed.

Guess I know now where that was coming from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
This seems to be a menace even in such a sorted Diesel engine by Mahindra, which comes with DEF too and in a brand new car which has hardly done 1.XX Thousand KMs, which has not just run in small city trips but long highway trips too.

Does one really needs to think about this all the time they drive the car? Also I expected cars with DEF to not have this issue as compared to ones without it because they solely rely on particulate filter for meeting their emissions, this seems like such a turn off.
Well, there are owners of the 7OO with heavy running such as BHPian abirnale who has racked up close to 20,000 kms on his Red Sparkle but hasn't encountered the warnings so far.

I think it has more to do with the constant running at high speeds and on the highways than anything else. I have been mixing in-city runs with highway runs in about 50:50 ratio (of the total running) and have faced it for the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
But if the car has to be kept running for 30 minutes for this DPF regen on a regular basis, doesn't it defeat the whole purpose of lesser pollution?
The car is running but the emissions are still being filtered by the semi-functional DPF inside. As the accumulated soot gets burnt up and vapourised, the DPF gets cleaner and clearer and the burnt diesel keeps getting filtered. Sure, the emitted gases are still coming out from a diesel engine but compared to a BS4 diesel engine, it is less polluting.

Quote:
Exactly. This is really helpful as Manual Parked Regen is easy and can be done by the owner himself.

Quote:
Even the CoTek is perplexed by the incident. The whole process lasted for around 8 minutes only, whereas the CoTek told me that it would take 30 full minutes!

I had taken a short trip that Saturday morning with my wife to get my Booster vaccine dose administered at a nearby center. That was a really short trip of around 3 kms to and fro. The CoTek thinks that might have been the trigger for the sensor to pop up the warnings. Of course, the slightly different smell for the past 3 days before Saturday was an indication which I conveniently neglected to pay attention to, despite being aware of it.

The very short duration till which the Park Regen lasted made the CoTek deduce that the amount of soot collected was really small - around 4-5 grams, not more. But he also opined that such a small amount of accumulated soot shouldn't trigger the warnings.

So, we are all as confused by this incident as you are.

Planning to get a complete lowdown on this the next time I am at Paramount and get their laptop connected to Icarus to access the Alert History.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
Now the thing is, the last 400km of the 1000km were on highways at speeds above 70kmph, and I was expecting that this would clear all soot deposits from my city commutes. The mechanic said that 20g is the threshold for park regen warning on the console and 37g is the limit for service regen, but he was not very confident. I now don't know whether a warning would have occurred if the service regen was not conducted and whether my driving pattern is good for passive regen.
The warnings would have definitely popped up once the accumulated soot crossed 20g. But I am now confused. Why wasn't all that soot burnt up in those 400 kms you ran your steed on the highways? Or maybe the amount of soot collected before those 400 km run was much more - in that case, why didn't the warnings pop up on the MID in your 7OO earlier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
While it's true that DPFR is an inconvenience, the park regen feature given in Mahindra cars is a boon. Otherwise, one has to maintain high speeds for half an hour, which itself is a difficult thing to do, especially in hills and rural areas.
+1. I agree wholeheartedly.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 26th July 2022 at 20:50. Reason: added.
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks