Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2023, 19:03   #151

Re: The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT

Sorry for the noob question. Did you just request the TPMS part at the service centre? I'm interested in getting them too but wasn't aware Mahindra offers it for the AX5.
Old 10th January 2023, 10:42   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anexas06 View Post
Sorry for the noob question. Did you just request the TPMS part at the service centre? I'm interested in getting them too but wasn't aware Mahindra offers it for the AX5.
It was already shared in the XUV 700 thread.

Link - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5445999 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)
Sommos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2023, 16:40   #153
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the response, i need some more guidance please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Thank you so much, faithless_1984.

Apprehensions regarding wire cutting/splicing can be put to rest if the authorised service center staff do it themselves, because they use relays, harnesses and connectors to get the job done and the warranty stays intact this way.
This is the main reason i am pushing my SA to do it at the workshop but he is not ready to accept it. I also had a word with the floor manager who is known to us but even he said its not possible unless Mahindra gives them written permission.

Quote:
You need the power-folding ORVM switch, the AX7 front door harnesses, a related front door harness pigtail and a relay by RD. In fact, it can be done without the AX7 parts too, as was told to me by my fitment guy.
Isn't the RD relay an after market product ? I was told not to use any part which is not from Mahindra.

Quote:
The Co-Tek came over and pored through all options in his laptop but couldn't find any for enabling this. Finally, they did some extra wiring work and added a relay to the setup, and it started working. Smoothly, like a charm!
The SA told me the same thing that the software to enable this feature is not there so they cant turn it on even if i get the parts installed.
The extra wiring fix is what the after market shops are also doing which they told me should not be done,i wonder why they did the same thing.
Will ask about the relay from the shop guy. I really want this feature in the car so wont give up easily.
Old 11th January 2023, 18:18   #154

Thank you Sommos and RavenAvi.

Any idea about installation cost for TPMS? Sri Durga Automobiles Delhi MASS has quoted approx. 10k inclusive of parts (4), fitment and calibration.

According to the Tec Manager here, TPMS for spare tire isn't successful - issues with calibration. So they don't recommend it
Old 13th January 2023, 12:55   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Sommos and RavenAvi.

Any idea about installation cost for TPMS? Sri Durga Automobiles Delhi MASS has quoted approx. 10k inclusive of parts (4), fitment and calibration.

According to the Tec Manager here, TPMS for spare tire isn't successful - issues with calibration. So they don't recommend it
Cost should be Rs. 944 x 4 tyres for the sensors.
Rest hardware is already present in the car. Only the Co-Tek has to flash and integrate the software.

TPMS for the spare has also been done by some members.
Old 14th January 2023, 13:38   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes I did. And they ordered 7 of them, out of which 5 were fitted in Icarus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
This is the main reason i am pushing my SA to do it at the workshop but he is not ready to accept it. I also had a word with the floor manager who is known to us but even he said its not possible unless Mahindra gives them written permission.
Different dealerships, different experiences. No such hassles at my dealership. As you can see, all the work is being done in the workshop floors proper, with a combined team of official accessory guys and service techs.

Quote:
Isn't the RD relay an after market product ? I was told not to use any part which is not from Mahindra.
The RD relays are made for all cars and are silently approved by all the companies. They are plug and play and don't cause any warranty issues. Plus, fitting is done by using wires laid out separately for both doors and connected to the door harnesses and the separately-installed power-folding ORVM switch of the AX7, so there isn't any cause for apprehension per se.

Quote:
The SA told me the same thing that the software to enable this feature is not there so they cant turn it on even if i get the parts installed.
The option is there for testing the fold/unfold functions of the ORVMs. I have seen them in the service laptop's official software, with values showing "0" & "1". Our CoTek couldn't figure out how to edit those values (change "0" to "1" or vice versa), so they took the wiring + relay route.

Quote:
The extra wiring fix is what the after market shops are also doing which they told me should not be done,i wonder why they did the same thing.
Will ask about the relay from the shop guy. I really want this feature in the car so wont give up easily.
As I said, as long as clamps are being used instead of wire-splicing, all is good. It's just a separate installation requiring a power supply from the vehicle - the RD relay and the switch does the rest. I am told the RD relay will also enable folding & unfolding from the remote key's lock & unlock buttons too.

The RD relay should arrive on Monday. Let's see how all of this pans out.

Quote:
4 sensors will cost you Rs 3,600. Labour charges extra. I was billed 6,900 for installation of 5 sensors + labour charges.

Quote:
Nonsense. If the tyre sensor completes it's learning process successfully, no issues.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 17:41   #157
BHPian

Hello @Ravenavi. Thank you sir for the interesting ownership review. Glad to see your efforts in adding features to the AX5.

Myself another AX5 owner (of course with mStallion powertrain)

I am following your posts for quite a few months. Just a couple of things:
1. What are the parts needed and the cost for the auto folding mirrors separately?
It would be really useful.
2. Have you tried adding the one-touch window roll-up/down or auto-close windows with the central locking?
3. Have you enquired/attempted to add the RH Steering Wheel Controls?

Look forward to your reply.
Old 11th March 2023, 15:13   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you for the kind words, rudra_shiv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudra_shiv View Post
1. What are the parts needed and the cost for the auto folding mirrors separately?
I have covered the parts, their respective part numbers & prices of each in my previous post(s) for ready reference. In addition, you will need an auto-folding ORVM relay from outside (I got it from RD). Cost will be ~3,000 bucks.

Quote:
2. Have you tried adding the one-touch window roll-up/down or auto-close windows with the central locking?
No. The relay doesn't support it, and neither does the AX5's chip & it's programming.

Quote:
3. Have you enquired/attempted to add the RH Steering Wheel Controls?
Enquired. The Cruise Control wiring is present under the dashboard and the screens for it show in the AX5, but the support for enabling it is absent in the AX5's system. So, unless one is a completist and is okay with having dummy buttons on the right side of the steering, it makes no sense to add those (for now).

But, who knows, maybe in the near future there will be a fix for that too. Fingers crossed.

The next option I am looking into is to add an auto-dimming IRVM. Searching for compatible mounts for the same.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Living with the XUV7OO is lively for sure. Not a single dull day goes by, unless it's a no-drive day and the XUV is lazing inside your parking space. I have lost count of the number of times these have happened :-

1) Resetting to the first song of the USB drive upon startup. Have done all sorts of experiments with drive sizes, capacities, numbering folders, putting all songs in a single folder, etc. No solution.

2) Blank screens which crop up by themselves then go away after a shutoff - pause - startup cycle.

3) Loud thuds from the speakers which indicate an impending glitch coming up - either MID resets, Error messages (like the ones below) popping up, HHC (Hill Hold Control) error alert appearing, etc. All of them go away after a shutoff - pause for a minute - startup cycle.

The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_4968.jpg

The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_4969.jpg

4) For those who think these are happening to those who have updated their AdrenoX's software, let me tell you that I am still on the stock 7.XX version.

5) Complete a very short trip (of 1-2 kms) and upon the subsequent startup, the bootup of the AdrenoX system is really slow. Takes a lot of time to show all the screens properly.

6) Intermittently, the Drive Modes don't work - neither by pressing the Drive Mode physical button (below the AC controls) or selecting it from the pull-up menu in the HU. A popping sound indicates that the haptic touch was registered, but nothing happens. Then there is no option other than to drive in the default Zap mode.

Mechanically, the XUV is a gem. IMO it would have provided a much better ownership experience with lesser electronics driving it's systems.

(remember KISS! - Keep It Simple, Stupid!)

In addition, I have noticed a new quirk in the past 10-odd days - whenever I crank Icarus up for the first time in the mornings, there's a distinct knocking sound coming into the cabin. It goes away within a few seconds as soon as the mHawk smoothens into it's idling rhythm. Adulterated diesel causing this, or improper injecting pressure or something else? Something to investigate during the next service center visit, which will most probably be by next weekend.

Got my steed thoroughly washed on the day after Holi.

The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_5256.jpg

The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_5257.jpg

ODO is closing in on 4,400 kms.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 11th March 2023 at 15:15.
RavenAvi is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 09:29   #159
BHPian

RavenAvi - Thanks for sharing interesting info on your ownership. I have XUV700 AX5 D MT myself and refer your threads w.r.t to upgrades.
Regarding TPMS, I reached out to service center but I was told that they do not have authorisation from M&M and that they cannot fit the sensors or activate TPMS on my AX5. Do you have any pointers as to how do we convince SA to take up fitting TPMS sensors? Your suggestions will be really helpful.
Old 9th April 2023, 15:16   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by univ_explorer View Post
Regarding TPMS, I reached out to service center but I was told that they do not have authorisation from M&M and that they cannot fit the sensors or activate TPMS on my AX5. Do you have any pointers as to how do we convince SA to take up fitting TPMS sensors? Your suggestions will be really helpful.
That's a lame excuse. Many AX5 owners have got this enabled. It all depends on the particular service center, I guess.

Fitting the sensors and activating the TPMS from the service laptop/tab is a cinch. The learning process takes a bit longer but once it's done, it works like a charm. Show your CoTek my thread and the snapshots and ask again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

A minor update:-

First year insurance renewal is due from 25th April and as is customary, I started getting calls, emails & messages from TATA AIG for renewal of the same from the first week of March. I had received the insurance renewal notice on email from them in the last week of January itself.

Went and completed the renewal process online from TATA AIG and received the PDF via email in 3 days. Why didn't I get it done from the dealership? Read on:-

Reached out to the Paramount dealership at Jeypore, Odisha, for quotations but not sure what was cooking there - I was told by the (new) dealership manager of Paramount, Mr Sulabh, that the personnel dealing with insurance had either quit or had been fired and some of their regular staff were currently deputed to handle car insurance. Not sure if it was an excuse to cover up their negligence and laziness, or a genuine reason for their shoddy handling of the entire situation. Either way, I kept calling them repeatedly since mid-March before I finally received a few quotations on the (possible) IDV and total premium on 29th of March from Mr Chiranjit, supposedly insurance in-charge.

From the dealership - for an IDV of 14.27L, I got quotes from Tata AIG (32,147), ICICI Lombard (29,746) & Universal Sompo (29,138). This included mainly RTI, Zero Dep and Consumables. Not sure how they arrived at this IDV, from the original IDV of 16.94L.

From TATA AIG directly - for an IDV of 15.25L, including RTI, Zero Dep & Consumables, premium came to 30,575.

When I pointed this out to the Paramount insurance guy on 01st April, he said he would check and get back. And he never did. So, I went online.

The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-image0w.jpg

This might be a classic case of a customer chasing the dealership's insurance department for the renewal of his car insurance policy - as everyone knows, it's usually the opposite!

We have been hit by a string of afternoon showers since mid-March. The pano sunroof does add a huge delight factor to travelling in the rains! No leaks, Ma! (no puns intended to the Scorpio-N & riding under waterfalls)

The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-image1.jpeg

Icarus completes 1 year on the 25th of this month. Except for the glitchy AdrenoX software, I have had nothing to complain about my wonderful steed. Hopefully the long-pending software update to the system will rectify many things.

Or maybe they will just break even more?!

Haha, either way, we shall see.
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 22:55   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the kind words, rudra_shiv.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Living with the XUV7OO is lively for sure. Not a single dull day goes by, unless it's a no-drive day and the XUV is lazing inside your parking space. I have lost count of the number of times these have happened :-

1) Resetting to the first song of the USB drive upon startup. Have done all sorts of experiments with drive sizes, capacities, numbering folders, putting all songs in a single folder, etc. No solution.

2) Blank screens which crop up by themselves then go away after a shutoff - pause - startup cycle.

3) Loud thuds from the speakers which indicate an impending glitch coming up - either MID resets, Error messages (like the ones below) popping up, HHC (Hill Hold Control) error alert appearing, etc. All of them go away after a shutoff - pause for a minute - startup cycle.

Attachment 2427476

Attachment 2427477

4) For those who think these are happening to those who have updated their AdrenoX's software, let me tell you that I am still on the stock 7.XX version.

5) Complete a very short trip (of 1-2 kms) and upon the subsequent startup, the bootup of the AdrenoX system is really slow. Takes a lot of time to show all the screens properly.

6) Intermittently, the Drive Modes don't work - neither by pressing the Drive Mode physical button (below the AC controls) or selecting it from the pull-up menu in the HU. A popping sound indicates that the haptic touch was registered, but nothing happens. Then there is no option other than to drive in the default Zap mode.

ODO is closing in on 4,400 kms.
These symptoms sound like a memory (ram) issue for the car's computer. Basically there is a faulty bit of memory and whenever it tries to read or write data from it, it freezes or glitches out. After a restart it goes back to normal for a while because everything in the ram is cleared and it continues to be normal until it tries to read/write from that bit again.

These issues are going to crop up with cars basically being computers these days. There is no way to actually repair or replace the ram itself since these are System-on-Chip (SOC) designs where all components are part of a single chip. Convince the service center to replace the entire board. Each company uses a different name for it like silverboard, logicboard etc but the underlying thing is the same.
Cresterk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 12:19   #162
BHPian

Nice to see people are happy. But in my opinion, mechanically this vehicle is a mess. You can't talke mechanics in isolation. It includes engine, drive mechanisms, ergonomics, electronics and all that is required to give a stress free ownership. The issue here is the poor quality and reliability for an otherwise good to drive vehicle. The Company is not bothered since it's a sellers market and people are already buying it.
shabeermohamed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 10:45   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabeermohamed View Post
Nice to see people are happy. But in my opinion, mechanically this vehicle is a mess. You can't talke mechanics in isolation. It includes engine, drive mechanisms, ergonomics, electronics and all that is required to give a stress free ownership. The issue here is the poor quality and reliability for an otherwise good to drive vehicle. The Company is not bothered since it's a sellers market and people are already buying it.
Sir, you are completely entitled to have your own opinion about the car. But so do I and everyone else, and I have a completely different opinion about this car.

1. Engine is a gem and infact it is one of the thing that I love the most in this car, the power at your disposal.

2. Driving mechanics is again very sorted and provides comfortable and easy driving over potholed and broken roads.

3. Ergonomics - With the 8 way adjustable seat and the adjustable steering columm for both rake and reach, it is very easy to find the best driving position. The wide handrest and the comfortable seats often gives me the feeling of seating on a sofa.

The only point where I can agree with you is the Electronics. I agree it is not as well sorted out as all of us would like it to be.

Giving a negative verdict about a product without giving any specifics would not serve any purpose on this forum. And who says that the company is not bothered - every time I have raised a complain against my dealer service, the company has come to be my rescue and it has happened thrice.

Last edited by Sommos : 24th April 2023 at 10:48.
Sommos is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 07:59   #164
BHPian

Quote:
the new rear sequential indicating tail lamp blinkers!
Part numbers of all 4 tail light sections
Sir
Can you pl confirm if these sequential tail lamps are a plug & play job or some wiring change was needed too?
Thanks!
Old 26th April 2023, 10:51   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtach View Post
Sir
Can you pl confirm if these sequential tail lamps are a plug & play job or some wiring change was needed too?
Thanks!
Simple plug and play, no additional wiring job.

For those who might be paying for this, kindly note that replacement of only the two parts that are attached to the rear door should be sufficient. That way the cost incurred will be half.
Sommos is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks