Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2022, 15:22   #121
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT

Quote:
Found out a new feature of the 7OO today - the pano sunroof comes with rain-detection sensors.
This feature is available in all vehicles with an auto rain sensing wiper and sunroof. I witnessed it in my friend's harrier and Nexon too. The sunroof will close automatically if the rain sensor detects rain.
Not sure whether it prompts notification on the instrument cluster though.
Old 3rd August 2022, 19:59   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
so it's best that from henceforth, I shall keep such incidents to myself and be completely silent.
Please keep on sharing the information, a lot of TBHP members like me eagerly wait for your updates on this thread. Keep up the amazing work.

Last edited by sunilsoft : 3rd August 2022 at 20:00. Reason: typo
sunilsoft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 14:04   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am not easily offended, but I am rather disappointed that my post might have conveyed all the wrong impressions about what all I faced that day, where I was coming from, what all was plaguing my mind before the MID warnings popped up, the situation I found myself in, and my confusion regarding all of it. I might be coming across as some kind of a dunce or a complete novice, but since I can't explain every situation I am going through in my life right now in this thread or on Team-BHP in general, so it's best that from henceforth, I shall keep such incidents to myself and be completely silent.
Avinashji hope things are fine on the home front. We all are really missing you here. Forget the stray comments and come back for the like minded people. A bunch of people here really loves your updates.
Sommos is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 18:03   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n13tzsche View Post
2. Installation of Auto dimming irvm - so far no mahindra showroom guys have idea if this can be done.

Thanks in advance
Perhaps DIY?
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...rs-6500-a.html (Upgraded to an auto-dimming rear view mirror for Rs. 838 | EDIT: Honda hikes price to Rs 6500)
Old 15th August 2022, 16:12   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Happy Independence Day, team. Vande Mataram & Jai Hind!

Thanks, guys. Been bogged down by multiple health problems with my own self and family over the past month, so there wasn't any update of note to report. It's been raining continuously for the past 45-odd days in Chattisgarh's own Cherrapunji/Mawsynram - my city Jagdalpur, so running has become limited to just in-city runs during this period.

Sample this from earlier in the morning today when the skies closed their shutters for a wee bit after one and half months of heavy rains:-

The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-image6.jpeg

The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-image8.jpeg

The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-image0.jpeg

The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-image4.jpeg

Encountered the "Hill-Hold Control" error issue @ 1,688 kms for the second time but again, a simple shutoff and startup cleared it. Also faced the "Low Fuel" error/alert blings too @ 1,750 kms (with the DTE showing "146 kms" to empty) which got resolved on it's own after a shutdown & startup again. Both times the MID resetted to the Drive Info menu and as before, multiple blings and alerts dotted the screen. There was no loss of power though. Neither did the mechanicals get affected. These glitches are totally software-related and Mahindra desperately needs to fix these with a critical update patch soon, if they can.

Also saw the High Speed detected/Close Sunroof alert briefly on a recent run. It went away as soon as I slowed down a bit so couldn't take a pic on the move.

Regarding the FE figures which many of us are curious about, the Fuelio app pegs the overall FE figure till now at 12.52 kmpl. This is absolutely fantastic for a 1.8 tonne heavy machine with a 2.2L, 182PS/420Nm mHawk heart. For the record, I haven't done a tankful-to-tankful run since there hasn't been any ultra-long trip planned yet. Most of the diesel fill-ups have been around the 25 liters mark, save the beginning when the dealership delivered Icarus with 15 liters filled into him as complimentary. Best has been 17.36kmpl and the worst was 9.28kmpl so far. The drive mode chosen is the default Zap mode, with the AC used to it's max during peak summers and seeing minimal to no use from the last week of June onwards.

Received a bunch of pics regarding Mahindra's new OEM accessory - the reverse camera (Part number AW60118) for the lower variants. This time, it was fitted on an MX variant. Finish looks great and the reversing display looks very decent. But the guidelines are fixed, which can be a dampener for anyone choosing to go for this one. The Blaupunkt DH05 unit comes with moving guidelines as per the steering input, which makes it a better option compared to this OEM reverse camera accessory.

The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-image12.jpeg

The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-image15.jpeg

After a few days of showing the "Earth mode" display, Google Maps (via Android Auto) has defaulted back to the original view again. Maybe it will get self-updated again in the near future.

The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-image5.jpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish.gawai View Post
This feature is available in all vehicles with an auto rain sensing wiper and sunroof. I witnessed it in my friend's harrier and Nexon too. The sunroof will close automatically if the rain sensor detects rain.
Not sure whether it prompts notification on the instrument cluster though.
Yes but you see, the AX5 variant does not come with auto rain-sensing wipers. I tried to recreate the same scenario by turning on the manual wipers at full blast during another rainy day run but didn't see the pop-up on the MID. This sensor is definitely located somewhere on the sunroof area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
Perhaps DIY?
Seems like this is the only option for now. Shall dig into this and report back.

ODO is currently at 1,891 kms.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 15th August 2022 at 16:15.
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 17:44   #126
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Yes but you see, the AX5 variant does not come with auto rain-sensing wipers. I tried to recreate the same scenario by turning on the manual wipers at full blast during another rainy day run but didn't see the pop-up on the MID. This sensor is definitely located somewhere on the sunroof area.
Quite interesting. Definitely a good item to search for. It May be given in the owner's manual. Have you checked?
Old 17th August 2022, 19:14   #127
BHPian

Mod note: Please avoid quoting entire large posts for short replies, it affects readability especially on mobile browsers. Thanks.

Quote:
Happy Independence Day, team. Vande Mataram & Jai Hind!
======
ODO is currently at 1,891 kms.
Good to hear back from you sir. Hope you are feeling better now. Any update on the reverse camera for your vehicle? I remember you had placed an order for a Ax7 camera.

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th August 2022 at 19:40.
Mjbharat4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 18:36   #128

Yesterday I saw a video on Youtube regarding Auto Folding ORVM installation for AX5. Any update from your dealer regarding Auto folding ORVM?
Old 24th August 2022, 01:55   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumya21me View Post
Yesterday I saw a video on Youtube regarding Auto Folding ORVM installation for AX5. Any update from your dealer regarding Auto folding ORVM?
There are multiple videos on YouTube showing installation of auto folding ORVMs for about ~15,000. I am wondering if the OP @RavenAvi has any update on the ORVMs? Would be great if this work could've been done at the ASC itself.
Old 27th August 2022, 23:04   #130
sbm
BHPian

I installed Blaupunkt DH05 in my AX5 today. Although the picture quality in the day is acceptable and the angle is pretty wide, I am appalled by the night time quality. I do not have experience regarding this matter, so please have a look at the attached pictures and tell me if it's like this only in the night or have I purchased the wrong/fake camera.

Please note that the wiring kit that comes with DH05 is not compatible with XUV, so either ask your service guys to arrange the original wiring kit separately, or else, buy the cheaper bumper-mount Mahindra camera (the one that costs Rs. 2500) and use the wiring from that along with the Blaupunkt DH05 (both cameras are interchangeable). The total cost this way will be Rs. 2500 for the Mahindra camera and Rs. 2500 or so for the DH05 camera, i.e., Rs.5000. What you get extra with the DH05 are the moving guidelines and a much better viewing angle as compared to the AW60118 (Rs.3000) camera from Mahindra.

To summarise, I would say that those who are not in a hurry should try getting the AX7 camera installed in their car from a service centre. If they are not willing or don't know how to do it, wait for Bhpian Ravenavi's report on the same and then talk to your service guys to follow the same procedures.

Also, they did a software update to version 8, and after that, the DISCLAIMER remains there for a longer time, and the infotainment takes a long time to boot up at the start of the trip. Even if you engage the reverse gear, the screen shows DISCLAIMER and you can't see the rear view cam display. It works fine once the system is booted up. Is there any way to communicate these bugs to Mahindra?
Attached Thumbnails
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_20220827_215529.jpg  

The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_20220827_215420.jpg  

The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-screenshot_2022082721522279_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg  

sbm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 18:52   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjbharat4u View Post
Any update on the reverse camera for your vehicle?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumya21me View Post
Any update from your dealer regarding Auto folding ORVM?
Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
I am wondering if the OP @RavenAvi has any update on the ORVMs? Would be great if this work could've been done at the ASC itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
wait for Bhpian Ravenavi's report on the same and then talk to your service guys to follow the same procedures.
Apologies for not posting an update on this, team. Testing times continue at our home and between a constantly-demanding job and medical emergencies at home, I am finding very little time to even think of anything else. It's been all about hospitals, doctors, tests & reports, medical shops and office runs lately.

The dealership had updated me a few days back that all the required parts have arrived, and only the seat cover set remains. That should arrive by Thursday at the earliest and I am hoping to get all these fitted on Icarus by Saturday.

Expect an update on all this shortly after.

Quote:
please have a look at the attached pictures and tell me if it's like this only in the night or have I purchased the wrong/fake camera.
Thanks for the update, sbm. Looks like the Blaupunkt DH05 camera's night display quality and clarity are appaling.

Quote:
Please note that the wiring kit that comes with DH05 is not compatible with XUV, so either ask your service guys to arrange the original wiring kit separately, or else, buy the cheaper bumper-mount Mahindra camera and use the wiring from that
Thanks for this very useful tip. Apparently the wiring from the lower + upper harnesses for the OEM AX7 reverse camera is too short to reach the silverbox behind the AdrenoX display, so this will come in handy.

Quote:
Also, they did a software update to version 8, and after that, the DISCLAIMER remains there for a longer time, and the infotainment takes a long time to boot up at the start of the trip. Even if you engage the reverse gear, the screen shows DISCLAIMER and you can't see the rear view cam display. It works fine once the system is booted up. Is there any way to communicate these bugs to Mahindra?
Seems like the update itself needs another serious update to speed up things during booting. Mahindra really needs to tighten things up regarding constant updates to it's OS for the AdrenoX system. Such things affect the feel-good factor of ownership.

ODO is very close to the 2,000 kms mark.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 30th August 2022 at 18:54.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 19:42   #132
sbm
BHPian

An update on the DH05 camera: the number plate light is causing a blinding effect on the camera. You can notice the white in the top right corner of the photo. To resolve this, I put a translucent tape on the number plate light on camera side. It did decrease the illumination on the camera side of the number plate, but it improved the night image quality (it's still not good, but improved. Those who are going to get the camera installed should make sure to install it at the corner of the plastic cap away from the light and not in its centre as most mechanics do.
Note: I can't show you the camera quality now because the camera software has vanished from AdrenoX two days after activation. I will post updated image quality after resolving this software issue.
Attached Thumbnails
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_20220830_193924.jpg  

sbm is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 21:30   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

First (long) pending update for Icarus (my AX5 MT) finally gets completed last weekend - say hello to, arguably and possibly, India's first Mahindra XUV7OO AX5 MT fitted with the OEM AX7 reverse camera unit!

Visited the Paramount dealership last weekend to get this successfully completed. The camera works like a charm and the display from it is very decent under all conditions tested so far - bright sunlight, overcast conditions, under pouring rains and after dusk time. I am yet to check the visual output in complete dark areas or at night but the display output so far gives me confidence that it should be decently good with noise levels well-controlled. Though not at Hyundai-esque levels of reverse camera visual output, the AX7 camera's output is still quite decent. Clear enough during daytime, minimal noise under overcast conditions or through pouring rain, and quite clear during evenings. Clarity is better in comparison to the Blaupunkt DH05 or the official accessory reverse camera.

The OEM AX7 reverse camera.
Name:  IMG_60291.jpg
Views: 1354
Size:  126.6 KB

Name:  IMG_60302.jpg
Views: 1321
Size:  91.3 KB

First image of the reversing display from the OEM unit, which prompted a triumphant "Woohoo!" from Rizwan, the accessory fitter.
Name:  IMG_6006.jpg
Views: 1322
Size:  62.3 KB

Deemed impossible by many, made possible by us!

Apologies for the picture quality of the samples here. They don't do justice to the display output shown. Shall get better quality pics taken soon, preferably outdoors.

Daytime with the boot lid up. That's the roof.
Name:  IMG_6010.jpg
Views: 1394
Size:  69.0 KB

Under pouring, lashing rains.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_6657.jpg

On the move in the rain.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_6658.jpg

Car standstill in front of our gate under pouring rain - full zoom.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_6661.jpg

Parked right in front of our Altroz - full zoom.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_66641.jpg

The required parts, their part numbers and the prices:
Name:  IMG_5964.jpg
Views: 1437
Size:  112.8 KB

Name:  IMG_5965.jpg
Views: 1392
Size:  145.2 KB

Name:  IMG_5966.jpg
Views: 1350
Size:  203.5 KB

Name:  IMG_5996.jpg
Views: 1374
Size:  138.5 KB

Pay attention to that last image. Yes, you will need to buy the accessory reverse camera kit too, because that contains the extra-long RVC cable wire which is needed to connect the reverse camera mounted on the boot lid near the number plate to the coupler junction behind the A-pillar under the front passenger side (just below the glovebox on the left). (A big shoutout to fellow Team-BHPian sbm for this tip!)

Traveling below the front and rear door scuff plates.

Name:  IMG_5998.jpg
Views: 1348
Size:  87.1 KB
Name:  IMG_5999.jpg
Views: 1358
Size:  93.6 KB
Name:  IMG_6001.jpg
Views: 1409
Size:  92.1 KB
Name:  IMG_6002.jpg
Views: 1378
Size:  97.8 KB

Needs to be connected to the coupler behind the passenger side D-pillar.
Name:  IMG_5979.jpg
Views: 1337
Size:  106.3 KB

OEM AX7 reverse camera unit on left, accessory reverse camera (AW60118) on right. Kept the accessory.
Name:  IMG_5997.jpg
Views: 1316
Size:  85.7 KB

After lunch, they started on getting the power-folding ORVMs enabled but even after doing a lot of wiring work, it was concluded that the door harnesses of both front doors of the AX7 variant are required to enable this. Both of the AX7 ORVMs were mounted and the switch was fitted on the driver door panel. They showed me the power-folding feature after connecting a ton of wires all around the switch and the panel (opening and closing both) but for that to properly happen, the couplers which extend from the front doors into the body of the AX5 did not have enough connectors inside them.

One option was to connect it to the 7OO's locking system, but that would result in the ORVMs folding inwards automatically as soon as the auto lock of all doors at 20kmph kicked in, making them useless. So, the final conclusion - the entire door harnesses of the AX7 (which have the couplers with all the necessary connectors in them) are required. I asked them to place an order for the same.

Door panel removed.
Name:  IMG_6025.jpg
Views: 1398
Size:  124.5 KB

Driver door control panel of the AX5.
Name:  IMG_6017.jpg
Views: 1384
Size:  108.7 KB

The OEM AX7 power-folding ORVM & it's part number.
Name:  IMG_5969.jpg
Views: 1488
Size:  129.2 KB

The OEM AX7 ORVM power-folding switch and it's part number.
Name:  IMG_5972.jpg
Views: 1319
Size:  82.2 KB

The same panel now fitted with the piano black AX7 switch.
The button on the right is now a dummy until the door harnesses arrive.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_6665.jpg

Also, sealed the deal for a brand new 235/65/R17 MRF Wanderer Ecotred for the spare alloy at 11,500/- at a local MRF dealership just beside the service center.
Name:  IMG_6027.jpg
Views: 1412
Size:  152.9 KB

Manufactured in the 20th week of 2022.
Name:  IMG_6028.jpg
Views: 1411
Size:  159.3 KB

New full-sized OEM AX5 spare alloy wheel on left, older (and dumped) 155/90/R18 steel wheel on right.
Name:  IMG_6034.jpg
Views: 1377
Size:  123.1 KB

Also left the original AX5 ORVMs with the service center. Hopefully these find a customer soon!

Fancy finding a Lucas-TVS part inside the boot lid panel, powering the rear wiper!
Name:  IMG_5976.jpg
Views: 1364
Size:  74.9 KB

Also bought home the OEM Black Art Leather with Deco Stitch seat cover set (for 7-seater) from Mahindra. Shall get it fitted as bucket fitting at my local seat cover fitter soon.
Name:  IMG_5967.jpg
Views: 1352
Size:  100.7 KB

Final bill details. Total expenses came to Rs 48,718/-.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_66161.jpg

Went past the 2,000-kms mark just before commencing my trip.
Name:  IMG_5962.jpg
Views: 1377
Size:  65.4 KB

Got the soot deposit levels checked at the service center, and it was at 23 grams! The warnings for DPF clogging pop up at 25 grams, so I was at the threshhold. The CoTek said that it should clear halfway through during my return journey, provided I drove above 65kmph. I expect the current soot deposit levels to be near the 13 grams mark.

Mahindra should provide a soot deposit level indicator in the XUV700's diesel models too, so that it's easier to keep track of the exact levels of soot deposit in the emission system and to drive accordingly so as to keep the DPF clogging issue at bay as much as possible.

Next on the list:-

Seat covers fitment,
Power-folding ORVMs enabling,
Apple Carplay update,
Dashcam mounting.

ODO is currently at 2,241 kms.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 8th September 2022 at 21:57.
RavenAvi is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 12:00   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
First (long) pending update for Icarus (my AX5 MT) finally gets completed last weekend - say hello to, arguably and possibly, India's first Mahindra XUV7OO AX5 MT fitted with the OEM AX7 reverse camera unit!

Congratulations for the addition of features on the ICARUS. I just love (and admire) your enthusiasm for doing these modifications in your car.

I have one question for you. I have noticed that you have fitted the rear crash guard in your 700. You are very much aware that these were not legal earlier, at one point of time as well as the technical issues associated with it (there is a thread started by you on this issue). Has the rules changed in the meantime, and I am not aware of it or is there some other reasons for fitting this rear crash guard.

Last edited by moralfibre : 10th September 2022 at 03:34. Reason: Typo
Sommos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 13:12   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats sir. Great to hear the camera has been installed successfully. Any feedback on the dynamic guidelines when the vehicle is being reversed?
Mjbharat4u is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks