Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2022, 03:33   #76
BHPian

Re: The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by n13tzsche View Post
1. Installation of rooftop carrier feasibility and reliability with sunroof - i asked around various showrooms with mix responses.
2. Installation of Auto dimming irvm - so far no mahindra showroom guys have idea if this can be done.
1. People over at the official review thread have mentioned some brands but owing to the large sunroof I don’t think it’s worth the risk.
2. You can install most 3rd party auto dimming IVRMs, all they need is power from one of the fuses. Just be cautious when routing the cable through the top housing as it contains front ADAS camera and some other sensors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airavat@22 View Post
There is a small vertical bar just to the right of where the FE figure is displayed…Could anybody enlighten me on this?
If I understood you correctly I believe you are referring to the vertical scroll indicator bar. This bar appears in menus where there are scrollable items below, filled part shows current scroll position and will be absent in menus where there’s nothing below.

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 13th July 2022 at 03:35.
Tanmay007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 13:20   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
The technician during my first service simply said there's a new software update and nothing much.
Maybe it is limited to AT and/or luxury variant.
I think it's the same as well - limited to the topmost variants and not applicable to the AX5's AdrenoX system.

Quote:
About the HHC error, yeah, it goes away after a restart.
The system does need a serious update. Haptic feedback is good but the response time is slow. And these bugs cropping up can be a nuisance to the casual users. About time they released a more stable version of the system software.

Quote:
Another issue I was facing before 1st service (no eSIM network) was also resolved with a restart (albeit requiring battery disconnect for 2 mins).
See, these are issues which can take away the joy of peaceful ownership of any car. Not funny if you need to pop up the bonnet and do this - more so if it is done on a regular basis.

For such a tech-laden offering, Mahindra needs to be much more pro-active in addressing such issues and bringing out regular (at least monthly) updates to their glitchy AdrenoX system.

Quote:
I think when a computer controls most of the advanced tech in the car the first thing you should do to troubleshoot is the same you do with a computer.
It's akin to having a Windows setup on your machine, complete with BSODs, system stops, auto reboots and whatnots.

Not funny at all.

Quote:
Could you tell me if following are possible without an issue in xuv700.
1. Installation of rooftop carrier feasibility and reliability with sunroof - i asked around various showrooms with mix responses.
2. Installation of Auto dimming irvm - so far no mahindra showroom guys have idea if this can be done.
Thank you so much for your kind words.

1) Rooftop carriers are not advised for cars with pano sunroofs because the sunroof glass and the roof around it come with a limited load bearing capacity. You can enquire for rooftop boxes or light cargo holds instead. Even then, the pano sunroof equipped roof will have to bear the additional weight of the luggage stashed into it as well. Not worth the risk if the roof gets damaged and you incur a 5/6-figure repair estimate.

2) Auto-dimming IRVM has not been issued for the 7OO, even as an accessory. You can install one from aftermarket because it comes with it's own separate wiring. All it would need is a power outlet from the car. Just be sure that the wiring is laid out independently and away from the wiring sections of the XUV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airavat@22 View Post
There is a small vertical bar just to the right of where the FE figure is displayed (in between the two circles on the right hand display). As is evident from the pics of the MID and which is what I have experienced, this bar comes and disappears with no apparent pattern that I could discern. The bar also shows different 'levels' at different times (again apparent on the various MID pics in the article).
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-dd35bcb897eb462e8e391769fbfc010d.jpeg

The one I have marked in red with a red arrow? That is a scroll bar. For various menus in the MID where there are more than one display options, you can scroll through them by pressing the Up/Down button on the controls mounted on the right side of the steering wheel (on the steering itself in AX7 and above, and on the steering side lower console on the dashboard in the lower variants). For example, for the Drive Info menu, you have the Total Up time display, the Trip A display and the Trip B display. All are displayed separately using the Up/Down scroller buttons.

For menus in the MID where there is just a single display, the scroll bar is absent.

In the pic above, you can see the FE displayed on the MID after my highway run on Saturday. I started with 12.4kmpl on the MID before hitting the highway. The Ecosense in the AdrenoX app pegs the highway run at 18.9kmpl. No coasting, no downhill run. Just steady speeds, limited braking, modulating the gears across speeds, and minimal use of clutch to shift gears.

The lowest I have gone till now (as per the MID) is 8.4kmpl, hence I reiterate that it is all over the place and not even close to actual/accurate as in some other cars. My Hyundai Creta has a much better realtime FE reader than this one. It is over-enthusiastic also, yes, but Fuelio calculates from my last fuel fillup till now @ 16.9kmpl - which is for runs comprising 55% inside the city and 45% on highways. All on Zap Mode with a single passenger inside most of the time, and with AC set to it's Coldest setting and "Eco AC" mode enabled. Speeds mostly between 70-85kmph with the RPM meter hovering near the 1,800 - 1,900 mark.

Pretty impressive in itself for a 1.8 tonne vehicle with a 2.2L, 182PS/420Nm turbocharged diesel heart inside.

So now let's just keep the apprehensions regarding the FE aside and simply enjoy our 7OOs for what they are - powerful and torquey highway machines.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 13th July 2022 at 13:27. Reason: proof-read.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 15:58   #78
BHPian

You can install roof carrier of Mtek. It'll cost 10K. No issue with sunroof. Can be installed and removed in 5 minutes

Quote:
Thank You RavenAvi for the awesome thread for all XUV700 owners and potential buyers (might be me, currently deliberating 700 vs scorpioN).

Could you tell me if following are possible without an issue in xuv700.

Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-fb_img_1656036952635.jpg  

The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-fb_img_1656036858098.jpg  

The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-fb_img_1656036914250.jpg  

The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-fb_img_1656036867068.jpg  

niteshsharmab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 18:02   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Found out a new feature of the 7OO today - the pano sunroof comes with rain-detection sensors.

I was driving back home with the front windows slightly down and the sunroof open in fresh air mode (slanted up from the back). It was drizzling very lightly. As soon as the drizzle got heavier and bigger raindrops started falling, an Alert inside a yellow box popped up in the MID display, saying -

"Rain detected. Please close sunroof, power windows."

Never saw this alert in my 2020 Creta.

I closed the sunroof and the front windows and the alert disappeared. Icarus was in motion and I was wading through traffic so I couldn't take a snapshot. Next time it pops up, I shall post the pic here.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 13th July 2022 at 18:04.
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 20:48   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Found out a new feature of the 7OO today - the pano sunroof comes with rain-detection sensors.

I was driving back home with the front windows slightly down and the sunroof open in fresh air mode (slanted up from the back). It was drizzling very lightly. As soon as the drizzle got heavier and bigger raindrops started falling, an Alert inside a yellow box popped up in the MID display, saying -

"Rain detected. Please close sunroof, power windows."

Never saw this alert in my 2020 Creta.
I think it will be there in most of the new cars which have a panoramic sunroof. In Harrier, as soon as automatic wipers detect rain and start working, the system checks if the sunroof is open and if it is open then it closes it automatically.
But there is no pop-up on the MID screen.
Highh5 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 22:41   #81

Thank you to both RavenAvi and Tanmay007 for clearing my doubt about the scroll bar on the MID.

You know how irritating it is when there is something in your vehicle that you cannot decipher. Well, I was living with that for the last couple of weeks.

I had even posed this question to the 'XUV 700 expert' at my Mahindra service centre who had absolutely no clue about what it was.

Kudos once again to the world of Team BHP and the wonderful folk who inhabit it.
airavat@22 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 18:30   #82
BHPian

Quote:
3) Had a quick look at some tyres in the stock 235/65/R17 profile to use it as my spare (5th).

Goodyear Wrangler TripleMax 104H A/T = 11,800
Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015 108H = 13,600
Michelin LTX Trail 108T = 15,000

I have selected the Geolandar taking all things into consideration - the kind of roads I will ply in, plus using it regularly on a 5-wheel rotational basis. Our own Team-BHP thread on the Geolandar gives it a thumbs up from most members also.
Couple of questions :
  • With the spare tyre of standard dimensions i.e. 235/65/R17, is there a significant projection downwards potentially impacting the ground clearance ?
  • Is it possible to get the steel rim from Mahindra (used in MX/AX3 variants) to use as the spare wheel ? How does one go about it ?

Thanks
Suhas
Old 14th July 2022, 22:10   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhasark View Post
Couple of questions :
  • With the spare tyre of standard dimensions i.e. 235/65/R17, is there a significant projection downwards potentially impacting the ground clearance ?
  • Is it possible to get the steel rim from Mahindra (used in MX/AX3 variants) to use as the spare wheel ? How does one go about it ?

Thanks
Suhas
Suggest you to get in touch with the service department of your dealer to source them, maybe during 1st service. The general accessory dept at the showroom usually won’t do single piece orders for wheels, tyres etc. The service dept is better off ordering them like they do in case of repairs.
Sandegov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 11:02   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday went by with all sorts of suggestions from the two service centers I was in touch with all day regarding the infamous "Hill Hold Control Error" alert which popped up in Icarus's MID - Paramount in Jeypore & the local Balaji Motors. Some of them were completely mind-boggling and only managed to raise my alarms further, until I checked with my friends in the TORC (Tribe of Royal Cheetahs) Telegram group & our Team-BHP official review of the XUV7OO and calmed myself.
Can u post the link for these mats?
I was looking at Coozo but these seem a better fit

Last edited by vb-saan : 15th July 2022 at 11:12. Reason: For ease of reading, please avoid quoting a whole long post. Thank you!
Old 15th July 2022, 22:29   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Faced the blank screen issue day before yesterday while returning to office after meeting a client.

Only the AdrenoX infotainment display section was blank. The twin dials and the MID were showing and working perfectly. But the last song from my USB drive was playing, which meant that the AdrenoX software was working behind the blank screen.

The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_3192.jpg

I had my S21 Ultra connected via Bluetooth with WiFi and wireless Android Auto enabled, so I am guessing it was a clash between the AA screen and the default AdrenoX screen, which caused the blank display. As if the system couldn't decide which screen was to be displayed!

The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_3193.jpg

No problems afterwards, though. After a shutdown and a restart, both screens were working fine again.

In other news, I called up Tufan earlier today and he told me that the ORVMs for the AX7 are present in their store. So now, with the power-folding switch also available, the power-folding ORVMs can be installed.

They have placed an order for the OEM AX7 reverse camera and it's two wiring harnesses yesterday. Should be dispatched soon and reach the service center in 10-11 days. Expect an update from me on both fitments in around 2 weeks' time.

For the record, the correct OEM AX7 spare part numbers are:-

1312AW600071G - Rearview Camera (Everest White)
1801CW603280N - Wiring Harness (Upper)
1801CW603290N - Wiring Harness (Lower)
0109BW600321N - Mirror Assembly Driver
0109BW600331N - Mirror Assembly Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
I think it will be there in most of the new cars which have a panoramic sunroof. In Harrier, as soon as automatic wipers detect rain and start working, the system checks if the sunroof is open and if it is open then it closes it automatically.
But there is no pop-up on the MID screen.
I tried to recreate the same scenario yesterday during a light drizzle by using the wipers intermittently at first and then with regular & speed wiping both, but the pop-up warning didn't come on.

I guess it is actually a sensor or a set of sensors which are fitted somewhere on the sunroof section and which detects heavier raindrops falling on them and prompts the driver accordingly.

No auto-closing of sunroof present in the AX5. AX7 & AX7L owners can clarify if this system is the same in their 7OOs or if auto-closing is present.

Quote:
With the spare tyre of standard dimensions i.e. 235/65/R17, is there a significant projection downwards potentially impacting the ground clearance ?
Nope. The wheel well in the undercarriage under the boot section is sufficiently wide and deep in it's housing to carry a spare tyre of the default 235/65/R17 size. There shouldn't be any issue with the ground clearance.

Quote:
Is it possible to get the steel rim from Mahindra (used in MX/AX3 variants) to use as the spare wheel ? How does one go about it ?
You can ask the service center to procure one for you. Usually they have spare steel rims in the default tyre sizes. For alloys of the OEM size, you need to order from the plant through the dealership itself since both alloy wheel types - R17 & R18 - are available separately as OEM accessories for the 7OO.

Links:-
https://www.m2all.com/mahindra-genui...or-mx-ax3.html

https://www.m2all.com/mahindra-genui...or-mx-ax3.html

https://www.m2all.com/mahindra-genui...x-ax3-ax5.html

In my case, I got lucky with a slightly scratched spare alloy rim available with the service manager of the dealership which had been dumped by another 7OO owner who had swapped it with a new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjan.mulye View Post
Can u post the link for these mats?
I was looking at Coozo but these seem a better fit
I used Coozo 7D mats in my 2020 Creta. The wraparound fitting on all the corner sides wasn't that great so switched to Elegant this time for Icarus.

I am glad I did. The mats look very premium and feel durable and worthy of the price paid for them. Finalised it through a friend who owns a local car accessory store who in turn ordered it directly from Elegant India, Dehradun.

It's a 4 piece PVC set - 2 separate PVC pieces for the front row (driver & passenger), 1 single PVC piece for the entire 2nd row & 1 single PVC piece for the entire 3rd row. All are with detachable carpet mats on top - 2 each for each row, total 6. Driver's carpet mat has an enhanced top for where the boots rest.

Mine is the Royal 7D Black/Red set - listed 2nd from left under the "Available Colors" section.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-mat1.jpg

Details on Page 17 in the attached PDF.

Price listed is Rs 7,490/-, listed under the "D1-7D" column (last one) in the attached Excel file. My friend got me 20% discount on the same so I have to pay ~6,000/- for the entire 4-piece set.

Strangely, the official Elegant India website doesn't list this (I did a search for the same). I am guessing their pages aren't updated with their latest offerings for newly launched cars yet.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 15th July 2022 at 22:56. Reason: added.
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 01:06   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Faced the blank screen issue day before yesterday while returning to office after meeting a client.

Only the AdrenoX infotainment display section was blank. The twin dials and the MID were showing and working perfectly. But the last song from my USB drive was playing, which meant that the AdrenoX software was working behind the blank screen.
Faced this exact issue 2 days ago in my car as well. Music kept playing via bluetooth except the infotainment screen was blank. I don’t use AA so this issue definitely was’t related to that in my case. The screen came back after sometime automatically. It’s happened only once so far.

As for the HHC error, faced it for the 5th time recently. So annoying to have to turn on Smart Pilot and lane assist every time manually. Mahindra please fix this annoying issue soon.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 16:24   #87
BHPian

The service center updated my XUV's software to the latest version(8.0.XXX) when the car went for 10000km service.
Am getting a lower fuel economy since the update.Is fuel economy related to software update?
Old 19th July 2022, 16:55   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No auto-closing of sunroof present in the AX5. AX7 & AX7L owners can clarify if this system is the same in their 7OOs or if auto-closing is present.
In variants having RLS (rain and light sensors) Skyroof and Sunshade will close automatically while rain is detected.
Attached Thumbnails
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-700-feature.jpg  

Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 20:51   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Except for the USB drive resetting back to the first song in the folder/file structure repeatedly and thus becoming a really annoying nuisance by now, there is no other issue to report.
Try changing the file system of the USB drive from NTFS to FAT or vice versa.
Old 20th July 2022, 00:02   #90
BHPian

Quote:

*26) More premium and rich interiors.
I was recently comparing AX5 Diesel (5 seater) with harrier XT+. Harrier post discounts was actually coming in 30,000 cheaper than AX5.

I feel XT+ has more premium interiors when compared to AX5. In harrier you get soft touches in many places including dashboard whereas in XUV you get hard plastics. Maybe it's subjective but i felt overall when you compare mid variants of harrier & safari with XUV's AX5, they have better interiors.

If you were to compare AX7 with XZ then definitely XUV has an edge over the tata twins.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks