Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
How would you rate the setup in terms of sound signature? How's the -
Warmth?
Dynamics?
Musicality?
Sound stage?

Enjoy your new setup
My setup is yet to be complete and just burning in, but I am already satisfied with the sound output. If I have to choose a single word to describe the sound, it would be CLARITY.

Ofcourse, it can be enhanced further with better amps, a JL sub, 16 channel DSP instead of 8 channel etc, but it will cost significantly more and the law of diminishing returns kick in.

Below are my initial impressions:

Warmth: The Virtus along with Brazzo amp have a warm sound signature centered around midrange. A lot depends on the quality of components. Very happy with Morel Virtus. Only 3 way components sounded better to me. This is in comparison to Sony and Pioneer amps with Infinity components I heard before.

Dynamics: The setup has fast transcients and a very good range. The lows are good for components and highs are very clean. Still need sub to fill in the deep bass. Tried some rock and heavy metal music apart from A R Rehman.

Musicality: The DSP has a good role to play here. Music sounds very complete and coherent due to time alignment of speakers, tuned by measuring with a mic in real time in the car. I have a Rockford Fosgate DSP in my other car and Helix sounds much better.

Sound stage: This is the best part with DSP. The sound stage is excellent and not artificially enhanced. I personally like stereo sound more than surround. You can choose where the center of music should be. The front components sound like coming from the dash and the rear components are set to fill the center of the car in my current settings.

Few changes I am contemplating:

1. Try enhancing the highs a bit by tweaking the gain and frequency band for active tweeters in front.

2. I cut corners going with a vented bass tube. It is loud, but not happy about overall bass tightness and quality. Dual Alpine subs in a sealed enclosure should sound better.

3. The DSP can store 8 custom settings. I did not have time to try all setups and music genres. Will get it done after installing the Alpine subs.
Mogs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 23:11   #6227
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Does anybody have idea about the Road Tax calculation in Bangalore ? I am sure I have seen some post but unable to find it now.
I have paid for the BH registration which came to about 57K for 2 years. How they calculate this I am curious to know.
Thanks.
Old 23rd July 2022, 06:54   #6228
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark63 View Post
Does anybody have idea about the Road Tax calculation in Bangalore ? I am sure I have seen some post but unable to find it now.
I have paid for the BH registration which came to about 57K for 2 years. How they calculate this I am curious to know.
Thanks.
Road Tax on Four-Wheelers in Karnataka:
The road tax relies on the use and the classification of the four-wheeler. The tax rates are as mentioned in the below table for Karnataka as well as for BH series.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-bh.jpg  

Attached Images

itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 07:59   #6229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark63 View Post
Thanks.
Have BH registrations started in Karnataka or you qualify under the Government employee category?
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 14:40   #6230
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra XUV700 cross the 1.5 Lakh Bookings mark.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20220723_143959.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 23rd July 2022 at 14:44.
Venkatesh is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 15:13   #6231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sindbad View Post
Hello to all the respected BHPians!
This is my first post.
I have booked XUV700 D AT AWD on 8th October 2021
My two question to fellow BHPians - (1) does AT AWD comes with EPB as indicated in small font footnotes in XUV700 Brochure?
(2) Should I continue to wait owing to the overall performance specially of AWD and not cancel the booking due to current quality concerns & recalls in a 30L car?
Hi,
I own AWD L White, booked 07 Oct at Hyderabad, delivered on 01 July, 53 days ahead of schedule. Car was manufactured in June 2022. Answers to your queries:-
(1) AT AWD comes with EBD.
(2) My car came with 9 coils in the rear suspension spring, so no recall needed. My car is not mentioned in the list of recalls. As mentioned earlier in this thread, only a particular batch seems to be under recall. I don't see any reason for you to get worried at all, except about delivery delays. I may be lucky (till now), but I haven't faced a single niggle or malfunction in my 630km so far, except for Alexa's complete disobedience (due to lack of Vodaphone network). So cheer up buddy...the future is bright
ColAjayDrives is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 15:40   #6232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
I received the performa invoice from the SA today. The cost sheet doesn't have any unnecessary costs, I'm kind of surprised now. Wanted to know whether the performa invoice price is the real quote or will there be any other quote when the actual delivery day comes
Proforma Invoice is indicative of the final price. Different dealers have a habit of including certain line items later in the final tax invoice. Especially, road tax calculation, hsrp, fastag etc. Would advise you to double-check all line items carefully. Dealers are known for underhanded tactics.
IamNikhil is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 15:43   #6233
BHPian

Today I have installed few accessories for my ax5 in Ananth cars, Bannerghatta Rd. New reverse camera Aw60118 with static guidelines and automatic headlamp control unit. Camera quality is good, and I do not have comparison view with other models. Need to test it at night for quality.

Last edited by Podilam : 23rd July 2022 at 15:54.
Podilam is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 08:32   #6234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hprmodern View Post
Hello BHPians

I got my XUV700 delivered on 15th of July. Mine is AX7 L Diesel AT variant.

There is a mild but noticeable body shake at the front when revving in 2nd gear. The harder I rev more evident the shake is. This is happening particularly in 2nd gear. No sign of any vibration in 1st gear or 3rd gear and beyond. The issue is reproducible in both M(Manual) and D(Drive) mode.
I have the same variant delivered on 01 July. I don't have any vibration issue currently.
But I feel the travel duration in the 2nd gear (Auto) is more than required. As a result, the RPM rises more than necessary, the FE drops and I can feel higher NVH levels.

IIRC this was discussed earlier in this thread, but I don't recall the outcome.
ColAjayDrives is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 12:36   #6235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Have BH registrations started in Karnataka or you qualify under the Government employee category?
I am working in a Central PSU.
Old 24th July 2022, 16:57   #6236
BHPian

Worked on fixing a Dashcam in my XUV700 AX7 model. If any of you are looking to hardwire it then FYI - please use f19 for red (vcc) and f47 for yellow (acc). This is the best working combination that allows you to enable parking surveillance.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-e9016005347749fb9b223b0f92b13c3a.jpeg  

Last edited by normaltusker : 24th July 2022 at 16:59.
normaltusker is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 19:33   #6237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post

It would have been great if you had attached a few snaps of the install so that everyone gets to know where it's actually located and how does the resolution look like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
Can you please share some details and pics of the fitting?
Apologies I don't have the installation photos and how the wiring was done. Attaching a few photos that may help understanding the resolution, dynamic lines etc.

P.S : Car is very dirty as I took the photos just after a mansoon drive through the western ghats!!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-pxl_20220722_111314481.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-pxl_20220722_110919130.mp.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-pxl_20220722_110839693.jpg  

suhasark is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 19:45   #6238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColAjayDrives View Post
I have the same variant delivered on 01 July. I don't have any vibration issue currently.
But I feel the travel duration in the 2nd gear (Auto) is more than required. As a result, the RPM rises more than necessary, the FE drops and I can feel higher NVH levels.

IIRC this was discussed earlier in this thread, but I don't recall the outcome.
It holds the 2 gear up to about 32-33 kmph and can feel strained. I think this is because how the Torque Converter behaves. Up to this point, its fluid coupling and after this, the lockup clutch engages which can be felt as an additional gear change. However after the run in, if you rev hard from start up, you will not notice this lag.
shrk_18 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 20:47   #6239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normaltusker View Post
Worked on fixing a Dashcam in my XUV700 AX7 model. If any of you are looking to hardwire it then FYI - please use f19 for red (vcc) and f47 for yellow (acc). This is the best working combination that allows you to enable parking surveillance.
Any reason you didn’t use some of the spare fuses to tap in for the acc? Would’ve been interesting to know which of those spare fuses additionally allow for continuous power.

As for the surveillance mode, hope the dashcam has a voltage sensor that auto-cuts when battery gets low. XUV already had battery drain issues. Please keep us posted on how it performs in long term.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 21:40   #6240

I got delivery of My XUV 7OO AWD in February.

I am in love with the engine but the journey with this car has be riddled with issues.

From Day one itself I have been complaining service center about suspension noise, it almost feels as if there is some loose part. I own two other cars, one being a 12 year old Toyota Corolla Altis and a Nexon EV Dark none of the other two make such suspension noise on the same potholes/adulations.

I have encountered a strange issue, All the glass area including the sunroof fogs from inside if car is not driven for more than 24 hours. The issue has happened during summers as well as monsoons. Mahindra Service center unable resolve the issue.
I have attached a video of the same.

The Tail lamp border areas catches fog/droplets of water during rains. Went to Service center with the issue and to my surprise noticed every XUV exposed to rains there had the same issue in their tail lamps. This shows the sub standard quality of parts.

My car is a AWD and has already undergone two Recalls, one for Propeller shaft and one for rear suspension coils.

The issues do not end here!! this one i must admit was expected sooner or later. The stupid flush door handles. When the car is locked all door handles neatly flush inside except the co passenger side door. I have attached the pic for reference.

Honestly I am confused whether I have made a right decision? The question is can we trust Mahindra for 2.5 to 3 million rupees of our hard earned money?

Kindly advise on way forward. How do I get my suspension noise and fogging issue solved?

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20220723-11.15.04-am.jpeg

Name:  WhatsAppVideo20220723at111 1 2.gif
Views: 1659
Size:  1.23 MB
appupandya is offline   (14) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks