Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2022, 08:47   #5656

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

I am sure many of you must have already tried the passive keyless entry, does it work properly?
I mean if I have the key in my pocket, I shouldn't have to take it out to unlock. The reason I am asking this is that all the videos that I saw on YouTube, demonstrating keyless entry, had their key in one of the hands.
Plus there's another mention of it somewhere where the owner complains of having to keep the key in his hands to use the keyless feature, that doesn't make any sense, right?
Old 31st May 2022, 11:44   #5657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayXR View Post
I am sure many of you must have already tried the passive keyless entry, does it work properly?
I mean if I have the key in my pocket, I shouldn't have to take it out to unlock. The reason I am asking this is that all the videos that I saw on YouTube, demonstrating keyless entry, had their key in one of the hands.
Plus there's another mention of it somewhere where the owner complains of having to keep the key in his hands to use the keyless feature, that doesn't make any sense, right?
Depends which variant you are referring to. I have the AX7L AT, where you can have the key in your pocket and just push the driver side handle inward and the car will unlock and all door handles pop out (alternatively you can set it for only driver door to unlock and pop out). And to lock the car, while having the keys in your pocket you can push the driver side door handle inward (till you hear a click) and all the door handles retract inward locking the car. The ORVM auto fold inward and the follow me headlamps turn off after a few seconds. This functionality is specific to the L AT version.

Cheers!
Vashanis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2022, 12:26   #5658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avaneeshvyas View Post
if any of the features in the Luxury version is worth the extra premium of 2.2 Lakhs almost?!

The 360-degree camera I have heard from the Sales Executive comes as an accessory
The luxury variant offers comfort features, they're not strictly necessary but I feel they are worth the extra 2L for the following features:

1. Motorized door handles. The manual door handles are poorly designed, half the time they stay open and stay that way even when driving. It's a pain to explain other passengers each time how to use the handles. There is no such issue with motorized ones cause they automatically pop-out and passengers get an idea how to open them. They also close automatically on reaching a certain speed.

2. 360 camera. The camera quality in the luxury variant is far better than the lower trims. Besides this, a 360 camera can help you in some tricky situations if you're driving alone. It's already proved helpful for me in some narrow Mumbai roads.

360 camera is not offered as an accessory and I believe it never will. You may be able to get it installed in open market using genuine Mahindra spare parts but that's not a guarantee. As of now, not a single person has managed to get it done.

3. Passive keyless entry. Clubbing this answer with rayXR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayXR View Post
PKE works perfectly. My key is never taken out of my jeans pocket. It is one of those features that you will miss only after being used to.

4. EPB. Very convenient for cities such as Mumbai where there's a signal every 5 minutes. Again it's not a must-have but adds to the comfort. A bonus of having EPB is you also get traffic-assist along with adaptive cruise so the car can actually come to complete halt and automatically drive again.

5. In-built DVR. There is simply no DVR in market that offers complete 360 recording.

These 5 features are something that you cannot get installed later. Add the Sony music system and the price premium for luxury seems fair. The 13-channel Sony amp alone costs over ₹25k.

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 31st May 2022 at 12:41.
Tanmay007 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st May 2022, 12:40   #5659
BHPian

Quote:
I am confused about going for the Luxury version or sticking to the AX7 version itslef. If somebody could break it down and help understand if any of the features in the Luxury version is worth the extra premium of 2.2 Lakhs almost?!
I agree its a bit confusing to choose between the two variants and equally hard to break down the value proposition for the additional features. But I went with the L version as it would save me time and effort to retrofit any of the additional features. One would have to consider this as well. I have peace of mind that everything is factory fitted and not done outside at an accessory shop. Also the quality of work executed, would be a challenge.

Having said that lets look at the below additional features.

1. Blind View Monitor - I do not use it. I find it more of a hindrance as the view is displayed on the MID and while turning the steering wheel t gets inadvertently hidden from plain view. It would have been better if it displayed on the main infotainment screen. But still would not use it.

2. Continuous Digital Video Recording - I find it quite useful but it only starts recording when the car is turned on. There is no parking mode. In case of accidents a must have feature to contest liability. But can get a dash cam for anything between 5k to 20k with the ability to transfer videos quickly to your phone which the in-built system does not allow.

3. 3D Audio with 12 Speakers - I am very happy with everything this audio setup has to offer. I have started enjoying music in the car once again. The other variants have 6 speakers and I believe without the subwoofer. Others can confirm. I guess you can add subwoofers and the tweeters but not sure if you can add the roof mounted speakers. I keep the 3D sound off as the roof mounted speakers are loud at that setting. So you could possibly do away with the roof speakers. But no idea what the cost of retrofitting the rest of the components would be.

4. 360° Surround View - I have seen many videos where people have retrofitted 360 view. Not sure about longevity and quality though. Helps while parking the car in tight spaces. Also gives a great view of the sides while parking close to a pavement.

5. Knee Airbag - I guess you cannot retrofit this. But a useful safety feature in my opinion.

6. Passive Keyless Entry - This works well and is truly passive keyless entry. The keys are either in my pocket or in my bag. Never have had to hold them. I guess you cannot retrofit this, but a highly convenient feature for me. To have one less thing in my hand!

7. Electronic Park Brake - For sure cannot be retrofitted and I find this a very convenient feature. Automatically engages the handbrake and don’t have to pull a lever anymore. Secondly it makes space and provides you with an additional cup holder in the centre.

8. Stop and Go function in Adaptive Cruise Control - I use ACC (and other ADAS features) only while being on expressways. Not otherwise. The only feature I use all the time is Lane Assist.

9. Telescopic steering - Useful to get a comfortable driving position. But once set never use it. So is it worth it? Can’t really say.

10. Vanity Mirror illumination - Can’t remember the last time I / my wife used it? Nice to have but not a must.

11. Electric Smart Door Handles - I am very happy with this feature. Works well with Passive keyless entry!

12. Wireless Charging - A convenient feature, but its a slow charger. Not fiddling with cables, especially when trying to exit the car quickly. It will cost 7k from Mahindra.

Must Haves: 2,3,4,5,6,7,11
Nice to have: 8,9,12

But I would say again time and peace of mind to retrofit any of the above would take precedence. Also if you are financing, it would be easier to digest the additional amount over a 5 year window! In my opinion worth it, but that’s me!

Cheers!

Last edited by Vashanis : 31st May 2022 at 12:45. Reason: Easier on the eye!
Vashanis is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 31st May 2022, 22:22   #5660
BHPian

Finally received the good news from Mahindra that my vehicle has been billed [AX7L D AT]. The customer care executive had mentioned that the tentative month for delivery was May, 22. It feels really good that some guys at Mahindra have taken the deadline seriously and the vehicle has been billed in May itself, just the kind of professional standard that Indian companies must show. Has been quite an experience for me from the day of booking. Ball in the dealer's court now. Excited for the delivery.
Dark water is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 01:46   #5661

@tanmay007 and @vashanis thank you for your insights. I saw a YouTube video which mentioned that the 360-degree recording stops at intervals of 5 minutes, would either of you have a take on that?

The reverse cameras/ 360-degree cameras perform well at night? Does the car has night vision cameras installed?
Old 1st June 2022, 02:43   #5662
BHPian

Quote:
360-degree recording stops at intervals of 5 minutes, would either of you have a take on that?

The reverse cameras/ 360-degree cameras perform well at night? Does the car has night vision cameras installed?
The recording doesn’t stop at 3/5 mins, the DVR creates clips that are 3 or 5 min long each, then the next clip is created and so on. So when the SD card gets full, the oldest 3/5 min clip gets overwritten.

I don’t believe there are any IR modules to the camera, so these are definitely not night vision capable. The cameras don’t perform that well at night. Now that you’ve mentioned it, It would’ve have been cool to have night vision capable cameras in front and back.

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 1st June 2022 at 02:48. Reason: Grammar
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 04:42   #5663
BHPian

XUV7OO suspension (thudding) noise

Hi guys,
Now that we have so many owners of the lovely XUV7OO, can we have a reply from the latest batch owners if the thudding noise is still persistent.
I have seen and read not one, but many ownership reviews where guys have mentioned that everything else is perfect but for the suspension noise. Don't get me wrong everyone is raving about the supple ride quality and minimal body roll. However, the majority mentions some sort of thudding noise which is yet to be fixed by Mahindra. Infact, a few owners have reported that Mahindra has given up on this and accepts that all their XUV7OOs have such a noise and that's about it.

I do remember our member, RamPune mentioned that such an issue will be completely resolved only after April '22 batch of cars.

Last edited by fazalmirza : 1st June 2022 at 04:44.
Old 1st June 2022, 06:58   #5664
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmirza View Post
XUV7OO suspension (thudding) noise

Hi guys,
Now that we have so many owners of the lovely XUV7OO, can we have a reply from the latest batch owners if the thudding noise is still persistent.
I have seen and read not one, but many ownership reviews where guys have mentioned that everything else is perfect but for the suspension noise. Don't get me wrong everyone is raving about the supple ride quality and minimal body roll. However, the majority mentions some sort of thudding noise which is yet to be fixed by Mahindra. Infact, a few owners have reported that Mahindra has given up on this and accepts that all their XUV7OOs have such a noise and that's about it.

I do remember our member, RamPune mentioned that such an issue will be completely resolved only after April '22 batch of cars.
I test drove the car two times and took it over breakers and potholes intentionally, never heard any such sounds from the suspension. What speeds are we talking about here?
sbm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 07:20   #5665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
I test drove the car two times and took it over breakers and potholes intentionally, never heard any such sounds from the suspension. What speeds are we talking about here?
Slow speeds (upto 20-30). Once I pick the speed up, the noise goes off.
Enthusiast81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 07:28   #5666
BHPian

Took a test drive of the XUV7OO last weekend and here are my impressions:
1. The interior cabin quality blew me away!! It was so good.
2. I did not face any suspension sound issues. In fact the suspension was marvelous, especially over bad roads. It soaked in all the imperfections of the road. I drive a duster AWD and seldom do I praise any vehicle's suspension .
3. The TD car was not clean, with smudges and marks all over the interiors , as well as outside. The SA gave some BS about car being kept in a dusty place ( like they all do). Sorry Sireesh Yelahanka, I don't buy that. It is a miss on your part.
4. The third row space is below average, even for my 10 year old daughter. Safari is better and Carens is even better.
5. It's time they stop new bookings and service the existing bookings first. "Saar, delivery time is 1.5 years" , is not something you want to hear. This is like the eighties !!!
adg_andy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 09:37   #5667
BHPian

My XUV700 is from the February batch and the suspension noise is very much there. If you are taking it to a service centre to get the issue rectified then be ready for comparison with other XUV around. That is the best solution they have for it as of now.
Abhikumar629 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 09:47   #5668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
No need to turn phone data on. Connect your phone via Bluetooth and the Wifi in your phone will turn itself on, once the phone is connected. The e-sim gets enabled automatically. If the e-sim isn't working, neither Android Auto nor Alexa voice commands will work.

Get the e-sim's connectivity checked.
Thank you for your reply. What I observe is if I connect my phone immediately on starting the car, before the eSIM is active, Alexa does not function. I wait for the eSIM network and Alexa icon for 1 min, connect my phone, then Alexa works fine.

However still unable to use eSIM's WiFi internet. Phone connectes to WiFi but does not have internet connectivity. I wonder why. Because Alexa plays songs from same eSIM netwrok.

Is there any setting in andriod auto for this? my Phone is Samsung Galaxy S10
StepUP! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 11:51   #5669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmirza View Post
can we have a reply from the latest batch owners if the thudding noise is still persistent.
Mine is April 22 manufactured and so far I haven't hear the thudding sound. But then I haven't really taken the car over unknown bad roads, the ones I did I went over very slowly as I'm used to driving a low slung sedan. Going for an outstation trip this weekend, will have a definitive answer by then.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 12:30   #5670
BHPian

General query:

A friend has installed Infinity Basslink mini underseat sub in his XUV700 and he says the SW is on even if he switches off the engine and remove the key. Is is how it works? Will the battery not drain?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks