Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2022, 23:10   #5566
BANNED

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Anyone doing Infotainment system upgrade for MX variants ? I'm looking for bigger display for MX variant.
Old 18th May 2022, 09:45   #5567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Not sure if I am missing something in your query.

If you move the stalk to D or E position, it should wipe in a fixed interval. Is that what you are looking for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobilisAdvento View Post
The Auto mode does not sense rain properly and the low speed mode (position D) itself is very fast. I also did not find any option to set the lag of wiping.
Move the stalk one down from off, into auto/int. Press the auto switch at the end of the stalk. now use the inside up-down switch "F" to fix the intensity of the auto wiping. If you move to the top it moves slow, towards the bottom its fast.

Let me know if that works, the mechanism is the same as my 500, except for the two speed rear wipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
has confused him too!
if you buy a Mahindra, and aren't left scratching your head, have you really bought a Mahindra?

Last edited by shady_lawyer : 18th May 2022 at 09:49.
shady_lawyer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 10:36   #5568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogs View Post

Many thanks to this great forum and all of you, for the immense knowledge I have passively gained through your experiences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiven2207 View Post
ZUVEE get's a subtle rear change..
While I understand the practicality, the rear nudge guard looks quite hideous. I've seen this accessory fitted in a few XUVs here too. Takes a lot away from the beautiful rear. Makes it look like an MUV taxi.

Do consider taking it off. Occasional detailing can eliminate minor scratches from bumps. You have insurance if it needs a repaint.
ranjitnair77 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 14:58   #5569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitnair77 View Post
While I understand the practicality, the rear nudge guard looks quite hideous. I've seen this accessory fitted in a few XUVs here too. Takes a lot away from the beautiful rear. Makes it look like an MUV taxi.

Do consider taking it off. Occasional detailing can eliminate minor scratches from bumps. You have insurance if it needs a repaint.
Also depends on where you drive the car,bro. Here in Chennai, many two wheeler riders don’t know that there is this thing called brake. So it’s better to have a rear guard
Enthusiast81 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 16:53   #5570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KadiNiSikhiya View Post
Anyone doing Infotainment system upgrade for MX variants ? I'm looking for bigger display for MX variant.
Not to MX, but I got mine upgraded for AX5.

Got all 4 speakers changed to MOREL.
Got Infinity 4 Channel Amplifier.

Added Bit Ten Sound Processor as well, which I retrieved from my earlier XUV 5OO alongwith Damping on all 4 doors.

Costed me around 50-55K.

Still looking for a good Reverse Camera which can be installed like other cars (no protruding stuff). Hoping someone here on this forum will help me find one.
Old 18th May 2022, 18:25   #5571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady_lawyer View Post
Let me know if that works, the mechanism is the same as my 500, except for the two speed rear wipe.
Unfortunately it is not. So, it looks like another dropped feature! Worth noting that the speed control is labelled INT; I was thinking probably that 'INT' stood for interval!

Just to give a sense of when this feature will be sorely missed, below is a screengrab from my dashcam. Auto wipers were not able to detect the mist that is forming within a few seconds on the windshield. I had to manually flick the stalk every few seconds to 'MIST' or let the wiper run on mostly dry glass at 'low' speed; which is in fact very frequent.

Thanks for the clarifying the direction of the knob at which the auto wiper changes frequency. With the erratic behavior of auto wiper; I just couldn't figure out it is faster in which direction. I was believing that the longer bars indicate longer intervals!

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screen-shot-20220518-6.14.10-pm.png

Quote:
if you buy a Mahindra, and aren't left scratching your head, have you really bought a Mahindra?
Of course I am scratching my head a lot! . The list also include no auto AC when recirculation is off, not able to switch on/off in neutral for AT, disabling auto unlock, RPM not being displayed in 'information mode', rear demister that switches off itself every few minutes etc!

Last edited by impala : 18th May 2022 at 18:46.
Old 18th May 2022, 18:48   #5572
Senior - BHPian

Thomas Cup winner Chirag Shetty gets a response from Anand Mahindra for his booked Mahindra XUV700.

He further said, By the way, I have ordered one for my wife and I am still in the queue.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-smartselect_20220518184513_twitter.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 22:19   #5573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
Thanks for the clarifying the direction of the knob at which the auto wiper changes frequency. With the erratic behavior of auto wiper; I just couldn't figure out it is faster in which direction. I was believing that the longer bars indicate longer intervals!
The list also include no auto AC when recirculation is off, not able to switch on/off in neutral for AT, disabling auto unlock, RPM not being displayed in 'information mode', rear demister that switches off itself every few minutes etc!
Please correct me if I get it wrong, for all I know in the 700 it does mean fatter the bar longer the interval time. Also just check if your RL Sensor is dirty, my hand doesn't reach that particular area and it does hinder the sensor. In that kind of mist try keeping the wiper on INT and adjust the speed. When I was in Goa, in the ghats on auto the wiper was doing perfectly fine but It was drizzling, can't say how it works in mist with no water/rain however. Clearly M&M missed a test parameter.

Why does auto not work on recirculation off? I freely switch between fresh/recirculation, especially when the "auto-sensing" switches to outside mode ONLY in the most foul smelling area . Only if you hit mode or the rotary knob does it go 'off auto'.

The auto Lock is annoying, but I've had it in the sunny and alto for ages so just very used to re-locking the master door. No idea about the RPM since mine has analogue everything, and on the 500 it's inverted too.

Demister is timed, to prevent overheating, but it's got a ten minute cycle on the 500, is it shorter on the 700?

As for switch off in neutral is concerned, is a two fold safety. One imagine you're in N but in traffic/slope and hit the engine off/on button you'll lose braking. Secondly, the parking pawl being engaged before turning off makes sense as the transmission is locked to park mode. I have driven the Maruti AGS and its quite scary when you start rolling the moment you turn the engine off in N. Also, my manual states that you must start in P otherwise if you start in N and Shift to R/D it causes a shock. Starting in P, and then moving to R/D allows the auto-box to be ready. Views expressed are personal and I've not driven any other auto box to know if they start/stop in N.

Any how, have fun with your car! I for sure am
shady_lawyer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 10:17   #5574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust-n-bones View Post
Happy to report that we took home an MX Petrol variant on May 1st. The booking was done last week of December 2021.
Congratulations. I think yours is the only MX on t-bhp. In fact I have never seen MX on the road here. All I see are AX7. Will like to see more pictures of your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
He further said, By the way, I have ordered one for my wife and I am still in the queue.
This is great. Mahindra dealers can now say with proof, "Sir, the owner of the company himself is waiting. How can we give you immediate delivery?"
amol4184 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 11:01   #5575

Hi there,

I booked an AX5 P AT in the month of April '22. I was hoping to get it by Oct '22 and the SA confirmed on the same. Mahindra website shows the delivery date as March 23!

After discussing in various forums of team-bhp, I came to the conclusion that the delivery date would be more in line with the one mentioned in the website.

Therefore I have now decided to cancel the same and go for Harrier XZA+. I know, I shouldn't compare XZA+ with AX5 since it lacks some of the features. I wanted to go for AX7 but its delivery date is somewhere in 2024!! (lol). I cannot wait that long for sure.

So, Can anyone help me in the cancellation process of XUV 700. Can I do it online? Even though I booked it through dealer (Koncept Mahindra, Lajpat Nagar)
Old 19th May 2022, 13:14   #5576
BHPian

Quote:
fatter the bar longer the interval time. Also just check if your RL Sensor is dirty, ghats on auto the wiper was doing perfectly fine but It was drizzling
Thank you for the detailed response. It's very unlikely that the issue is with dirty sensor. It works perfectly during drizzling. I shall try checking the speed once more later.

Quote:
Why does auto not work on recirculation off?
In XUV700, pressing auto switches AC to recircultation mode. Switching off recirculation (even as per manual) put the AC in manual mode.

Quote:
Demister is timed, to prevent overheating
As per manual, the duration is based on ambient temperature. The duration is half of the first activation for subsequent activations.

Quote:
As for switch off in neutral is concerned, is a two fold safety.
My Baleno used to handle it pretty well. If you switch of engine while in neutral mode; it gives a warning and wouldn't lock the door. Preventing switching off is OK but not allowing to switch it back ON in neutral after stalling was a pain when I was facing the issue of 'petrol in canister'.

Quote:
Any how, have fun with your car! I for sure am
Sure, I am! No question about that!

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 19th May 2022 at 16:22. Reason: Quote tags
Old 19th May 2022, 13:53   #5577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shans281 View Post
Hi there,

I booked an AX5 P AT in the month of April '22. I was hoping to get it by Oct '22 and the SA confirmed on the same. Mahindra website shows the delivery date as March 23!

After discussing in various forums of team-bhp, I came to the conclusion that the delivery date would be more in line with the one mentioned in the website.
You maybe wrong, specially with Petrol engine the deliveries are way before the expected delivery date.

Do not cancel your booking. You can take which ever is delivered earlier and cancel the other one. Since your original decision was to go for the XUV700 over the Harrier, my suggestion would be not to make a rash decision.
Sommos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 15:05   #5578
BHPian

Quote:
H
Petrol and non ADAS variants have lesser lead times. Since you wanted petrol, I would suggest to stick to your booking. There is a very good chance that you should get it quicker than what the website says.

Talk to your SA and consider giving flexibility on color - you might get lucky.
atluri_rkc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 16:16   #5579

Hi Fellow BHPians,

I finally got my XUV 700 AX7L DSL Manual White delivered last week. My initial delivery date was Jul-Aug but got preponed. Mine was under price protection and got it for ex showroom 19.89 Lakh and OTR price in Indore was 24.35. I purchased insurance from outside since my father is in Oriental Insurance. I got the insurance for 60k (it includes return to invoice clause as well).

Coming to the car, there are already lot of reviews about features already on this platform so I am going to skip that, however there are very few reviews for the AXL DSL Manual variant as I think that for most of the customers in that price range prefers an automatic and 1.5 lakh won't be that significant of an amount. Couple of reasons I bought manual - 1. I wanted a manual as this will be one of last ICE I will own and EVs comes with automatics only so just one last vehicle with proper old school manual transmission 2. Little bit fuel efficient

Having said that, I must say gearbox is smooth and gear ratios are good. However 1st gear is tall and too much torque so quickly you have to get it to second.
Also, there is auto hold button but it doesn't work in manual. Confirmed this with SA when he came home for home installation. Apart from auto hold and adaptive cruise control all the features of Luxury variant is inline with the automatic variant.

Electronic Parking brake, 360 deg camera and sony music system are worth mentioning and spending the extra bucks.

One thing I want to mention about IRVM, as everyone said this is part where cost cutting has been done. I agree to this but I also see that IRVM has little to no use when there are 7 people sitting. Even without last row occupants it is not much of help. ORVMs are good and big enough. I was driving Dzire in which I used IRVM a lot but in this one even in city traffic it is of less use.

As of now before first service the car is giving me 16 kmpl on tank to tank basis and 18.1 on MID. I have rarely crossed 100 kmph and mostly cruised on highways around 80 kmph.

One annoying thing I found is there are too many irritating sounds and warnings on MID - 1. Indicator (why would you have this sound? and no option to turn it off) 2. ADAS sounds 3. Blind Spot warning

Overall shift from dzire to this beast has been easy and smooth. Car is sorted and touchwood no niggles as of now. Dealer experience has been great and explained each and every thing in detail post 4 days of delivery at home. I got 7D Mats, Screen guard and mudflaps as accessories as I am planning to go for full PPF so post that will plan other accessories.

I am thinking is there anything we can do to save soiling of light colored seats? Has anyone found any good seat cover options for Luxury variant?

Attaching few pics
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_6956.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_6987.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_6988.jpg  

prakhar30 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 20:42   #5580
BHPian

Quote:
Hi there,

So, Can anyone help me in the cancellation process of XUV 700. Can I do it online? Even though I booked it through dealer (Koncept Mahindra, Lajpat Nagar)
Hii, I got mine, same varient from the same dealer in flat 30 days. If you have really made up your mind to cancel the booking, i guess you can get the refund minus 10% cancellation charges from the dealer itself. If you still can wait for a few days, pm me, I'll patch you with my sales executive and get you a realistic timeline.

AX5 P AT 5 seater, is one of the least favoured variants, hence the wait time is comparatively less, also the chances of cancellation for someone else, quite high.

Most Viewed