Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2022, 11:48   #5536
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by heman_369 View Post
Has some one found a solution to the irritating issue of boot light being not available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by souvik6 View Post
I have 2 of these installed in the boot, it's actually much brighter than expected
A couple of more similar options:

https://www.ikea.com/in/en/p/stoetta...hite-40325243/

https://www.ikea.com/in/en/p/ramsta-...lour-30429279/

Taken from this thread: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ur-car-17.html (Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car)
comfortablynumb is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 20:46   #5537

Can anybody recommend some good 7D mats for AX7L AT.
Please provide links/contacts for the same incase you are satisfied with the purchase.

Feel free to post links/contacts even for non-7D mats, I might consider them if they are really good.

Regards,
Dhiraj
Old 15th May 2022, 09:52   #5538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhiraj View Post
Can anybody recommend some good 7D mats for AX7L AT.
Please provide links/contacts for the same incase you are satisfied with the purchase.

Feel free to post links/contacts even for non-7D mats, I might consider them if they are really good.

Regards,
Dhiraj

Would suggest you to look into 7d mats by Coozo. They’re pretty great for the price. They feel really nice and comfy on the feet, don’t look bad (the pictures don’t do justice, until they are inside the car in front of you, don’t rule them out)

https://coozo.in/coozo-7d-car-mats-f...ter-black.html

They’re selling them for 5500 on the website, we got it for 3500 from a car market (Sector - 16 Noida). Would suggest you to check a car market around around you to save a couple thousand.

We have been extremely happy with these mats. Would suggest you to check them out
Maverick3094 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 12:38   #5539
BHPian

Mahindra XUV700 Review-xuv700.jpg

Happy to report that we took home an MX Petrol variant on May 1st. The booking was done last week of December 2021. The dealership is Anant Cars, Banerghatta Road, Bangalore.

Overall a very pleasant experience, both in the purchase process and the vehicle itself so far. Some highlights:
  • We never took a test drive (never felt the need to, thanks to the amazing power of this community, and ownership experience of a few friends), nor did we ever visit the dealership before taking the vehicle home. Digital really has come a long way.
  • The dealership and the sales advisor were both very co-operative. The infamous 'incidental charges' were removed long back, there was no problems getting the insurance from outside - the dealership's initial quote on insurance was over twice over what we actually paid. There was no pressure to pay up early once we told them we would perform a PDI before releasing the payment. And this when I could only complete the PDI a full week after being told the vehicle had arrived at the stockyard. Nothing to even nit-pick in the PDI itself either. So excellent experience - overall.
  • The extended warranty offered is for the 4th year. Its never explained (nor did the sales advisor know what to do) how to get a 4th+5th year warranty. Nothing though that information (Mahindra XUV700 Review) on this community can't solve :-)
  • What was not pleasant was a constant push to buy accessories, and 'big discounts' I could get if the bill could inflate to 50-60k :-). To be fair, the sales advisor apologised for such sharp tactics during hand-over. Its maybe a standard car buying experience these days given the loss of business in last few years.
  • The car itself - not driven much so far, aside from a few city runs. Excellent vehicle for the cratered roads and shattered infra we endure in Bangalore, this after paying a mind boggling Rs 2.5 lakhs as tax for the privilege. Back to the car - so far - no tantrums, great suspension and a personality split between quiet composure and a beast mode - as we like it.
Again, thanking this great forum. You are the reason we felt confident in choosing something that tugs the heart, with sufficient evidence to satisfy the head.
dust-n-bones is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 13:20   #5540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Our expected delivery date has now been changed to Feb 2023 !!
Get it together Mahindra !
We can pull some strings and get the car earlier but I'd rather wait for most of the niggles to get sorted out. Will take a call in the next couple of months.
If you choose to wait, be prepared for a few more price hikes, especially around the time the new Scorpio launches.
naru80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 13:53   #5541
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAFI View Post
hi,regarding the xuv 700,we see lots of base model vag cars retrofitting customisations which are available only in the upper variants like the digital cluster ,oem touch music system etc.likewise can we retrofit the adrenox unit in the mx series?
hi..any inputs on this?
Old 15th May 2022, 18:22   #5542
BHPian

A quick trip to Rishikesh with family, came impressed with the ZUVEE's performance over all.

Stable highway manners, planted on hilly curves and easily tackled the bits of BAD roading thrown at it.

For those who've been to Nims beach in Rishikesh, also known as the little goa beach, it was a breeze to take to down , a few shots in the sand and back on the tarmac without any hiccups.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220514_06170201.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220514_071908_bokeh01.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220514_06372301.jpeg
shiven2207 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 21:56   #5543

My first post on the forum and thanks to this amazing community for aiding me in my vehicle buying decisions over the past 10-12 years. I have owned at various times, a 1999 Santro (still with me but not on road due reregistration issues), a Fiat Linea, a Celerio AMT (still using it) and a 1.3 Zeta SCross (Diesel).
Presently, one proud and should say lucky (booked in Dec 21, got the vehicle delivered by 1st week of Apr 22) owner of an Everest White AX7 Petrol AT. This also coincided with my acceptance into the team BHP community and so would like to think that this car is lucky in more ways than one.

Have done slightly more than 3500 kms (a mix of city, highway and hill roads) till date which is a huge jump over my previous 20 year long term average of 1000-12000 kms a year. Put that down to the sheer driving pleasure that this vehicle offers. I upgraded from an 1.3 Zeta S Cross (which I let go with a heavy heart) and I never thought I would say this, but, having driven the XUV 700 for a month, I absolutely am in love with it and don't feel so bad now about having let the S Cross go.
Lots of people have waxed eloquent about the 700 on the forum and I am no different. But, I would still like to pen down a few observations/wish list of mine (some may have been pointed out earlier so please do bear with me) which would have made the car better and here I am not even venturing into ventilated seats, auto IRVM territory.

(a) The music system is just about 'okayish' and I personally feel that at higher bass settings, it tends to sort of 'give up' .

(b) Though the power is addictive, one feels the need for a 'manual option' to improve FE within the city. The present 'manual' is still tightly controlled by the electronic brain and there are times when you feel that the engine is straining to upshift but you just cant do so. (Mahindra, hope you are listening). Also, the real time FE indicator and the final FE don't seem to match with what you are seeing. I mean, you are seeing about 12-15 kmpl steadily on the realtime FE indicator, but you end up with probably 11kmpl finally. Also, when at idle rpms the indicated FE drops pretty quickly even though the rpm is <1000 (not sure if that is a characteristic of a turbo petrol)

(c) I also find a few 'was it meant to be like that moments' wherein you are not sure whether that is the way the controls are supposed to work. Case in point, I noticed the 2nd row seat USB light remaining on after locking the car. Checked after some time and found it had gone off.

(d) Noticed that the temperatures (on the MID) of the front tyres are more than that of the rear and that of the front right tyre more by about 2 degrees than the front left.

(e) Initially got confused by a portion in the owners manual which has a table for gear slotting which talks about combinations of using the brakes and the trigger button on the gear stalk for moving between P, R, N and D positions. Did a small experiment on the demo car (very supportive dealer, Vayalat Mahindra at Ernakulam) and realised that certain 'gear changes' are not possible if you do not use the trigger button/press brakes and some changes do not need either/both of them. Mahindra, a more lucid manual please and in todays world, what is stopping you from providing an online tutorial (with explanatory videos) to make things clearer for owners!

(f) Connecting Android auto eats up the screen and then! no ac information (I think someone has already brought out this flaw on some video online).

(g) The screen guard available at Mahindra dealers still does not have a cut out for the Adrenox logo on the screen (seriously, how difficult is it to provide this!)
All said and done, absolutely over the moon with this buy. There were times, looking at the waiting periods on the app that I almost booked a Tata Safari. Now, everytime I drive 'Airavat', I thank myself that I did not give into that temptation (no offence to Safari owners, to each his own).

Safe driving and stay safe.

MOD NOTE : Please space out your paragraph for better readability. Thanks.

Last edited by Sheel : 16th May 2022 at 08:27. Reason: Mod note attached.
airavat@22 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 22:23   #5544
BHPian

To all the knowledgeable folks here (specially, people of this particular thread)

How do I keep my XUV700 AXL from getting unlocked (automatically) , every time I turn off ignition?
I have searched for the solution to this in the entire the manual and didn't find a clue.

This 'feature' raise a potential safety issues . If I turn off ignition at traffic lights , it allows the car to be opened from outside . Thus allowing access to the luggage/kids on the rear seats to anyone on the signal ?
D_Security_Guy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 03:48   #5545
BHPian

Hi Folks, I have a query and would appreciate your advice on this.

We are considering XUV-700 D MT MX variant but, omission of ESP from this variant is a serious concern. Should I bite the bullet and go for this variant or should I consider xuv-300 w8 Diesel MT.
I was earlier considering Virtus but after a detailed analysis of my requirements I have come to an understanding that a diesel suv / c-suv would be a better choice for me.

I currently own a Honda city 5th gen V MT which is 10 months old and has done 19,250 kms. My run is pretty high and also city doesn’t seem to be good at taking wear and tear it is subjected to on highways. Paint has started chipping on bonnet and wheel arches, plus car has scrapped the bottom when few unexpected rough patches came in. Plus, my dog is getting bigger and I need a bigger vehicle to fit him in.

Xuv-300 while a competent vehicle seems to be lacking in boot space.

I checked with the showroom if there is some information available on new Scorpio. They informed me that it would sit above xuv-700 in pricing so it’s out of consideration now and current gen Scorpio is overpriced imho.

Last edited by BleueNinja : 16th May 2022 at 04:00. Reason: Added additional information
Old 16th May 2022, 09:30   #5546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraharah View Post
I have seen a lot of msgs from them on AX5 variants in white and red. I booked with them on 7-Oct and they have been realistic. My terms with them are similar to yours and they never fussed about it. My sales rep’s only request was to give them a chance to match my external insurance quote. One thing I did noticed was high churn amongst sales reps - I am with my third since last August (yeah… that’s when I started visiting the showroom )
Did you get any updates from them? Were you able to take delivery of your vehicle, since you booked in October 2021 itself? Also you mentioned in the above post that you get messages from them about AX5 variants, is there a whatsapp or any social media group through which they communicate with booked customers? Please let me know. Its been almost 3.5 months since I booked and there are no updates from them. Thanks in advance.
Old 16th May 2022, 10:10   #5547
BHPian

Got the Rear Sequential Indicators working on my XUV 7OO

I got two keys with my XUV and non working rear sequential indicators at the time of delivery. Took up the matter with the Cotek at MASS. He took up the matter at plant, who then sent the rear tail lamps (only the boot door part) with working sequential indicators. Got the same replaced over the weekend. The car feels complete now.
Model: Ax7 AWD non L
Date of Delivery: 24th March 2022.

Last edited by Ritesh_Dogar : 16th May 2022 at 10:11. Reason: Missing Info
Ritesh_Dogar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 10:12   #5548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Security_Guy View Post
To all the knowledgeable folks here (specially, people of this particular thread)

How do I keep my XUV700 AXL from getting unlocked (automatically) , every time I turn off ignition?
I have searched for the solution to this in the entire the manual and didn't find a clue.

This 'feature' raise a potential safety issues . If I turn off ignition at traffic lights , it allows the car to be opened from outside . Thus allowing access to the luggage/kids on the rear seats to anyone on the signal ?
There is a button on the driver side ( just behind the window controls) for manual lock/unlock of the doors. You can press it to lock the doors .
Old 16th May 2022, 10:43   #5549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambharat View Post
There is a button on the driver side ( just behind the window controls) for manual lock/unlock of the doors. You can press it to lock the doors .
Yes. While I can always manually re-lock using the button (I keep forgetting this task ) , I was wondering, if I can prevent the 'auto-unlocking' at the first place ?

Why auto unlock the car when ignition is turned off ? This could have been programmed with the opening of the driver's door ( or any door ) from inside.

Here is the snippet from the user manual .
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-lqknw9.jpg  

Old 16th May 2022, 11:25   #5550
BHPian

Is there a way to make auto wiper behave like the normal intermittent wipers? I couldn't see a way to do this in the manuals or by fiddling with the controls. Issue is that the auto mode doesn't detect mist or certain drizzle conditions for which intermittent wiping would have been ideal!
impala is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks