Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2022, 12:20   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM_Turbo View Post
Hi All

Has anyone tried inflatable bed for the car back seat? I want to know if these serves the purpose during long journeys. I am looking to buy one from amazon for my kids so that they can sleep during long drives.

Does these inflatable beds will be of good quality and will they be able to carry about 50 kg weight and also I am little skeptical about safety in case of a mishap.
Exactly what you should be thinking first before buying these kind of things! They are meant to be used when the vehicle is stationary, if your kids want to sleep inside the car. These beds are not meant for sleeping while the car is moving!

If the kids are small, invest in good, comfortable and safe Car Seats for them, in which they can sleep with a head strap on the move, rather than installing an Inflatable Bed and risking them even during hard emergency braking.

My advise would be to only our hase it for sleeping at night, not during driving!
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 13:30   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Exactly what you should be thinking first before buying these kind of things! They are meant to be used when the vehicle is stationary, if your kids want to sleep inside the car. These beds are not meant for sleeping while the car is moving!

If the kids are small, invest in good, comfortable and safe Car Seats for them, in which they can sleep with a head strap on the move, rather than installing an Inflatable Bed and risking them even during hard emergency braking.

My advise would be to only our hase it for sleeping at night, not during driving!

Thanks for your response Aditya, my elder one is 8
Years and younger one is 5 years so car seats won’t be a good option for them, need to look for some other alternatives
Old 9th May 2022, 16:41   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Years and younger one is 5 years so car seats won’t be a good option for them, need to look for some other alternatives
I am using this (https://www.firstcry.com/firstcry/fi...product-detail), for my son. It supports children up to 12 years of age, and the parts keep reducing as per the age of the child, so that they are secured using the car's seat belt also at the same time for more safety.

Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car-screenshot_20220509163825301_com.android.chrome.jpg

Hope it helps.
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 03:30   #244
BHPian

Great list! The seatbelt cushions are something that I am definitely ordering right away.

Another minimal yet useful item that can be added to the list is a "Windscreen ticket holder". It usually comes by default in some higher segment cars. I remember seeing this the first time during my test drive of a Skoda Superb. I am myself finding the right seller to pick one up from.

Name:  pic2.jpg
Views: 2056
Size:  27.0 KB

You can choose to either hold a parking ticket/toll slip or to display something temporarily facing infront.

Name:  pic1.jpg
Views: 2265
Size:  36.1 KB
akshaysehgal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 14:04   #245
BHPian

Team,
I recently got myself XUV 7OO (AX5). Front seats doesn't have the bag/ net/ sling on their rear side where we generally put some stuff like Room Fresheners, Papers, Mobile phones, etc. When I searched on internet, it only suggests some nets which can possibly store a cell phone only. Nothing bigger than that.
Other options that Internet highlighted was something that can be put in between those front seats (which I don't want).

Any pointers for this requirement ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 13th May 2022, 14:12   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
Any pointers for this requirement
Something like this?

https://www.amazon.in/Axclip-Accesso...s%2C284&sr=8-7

https://www.amazon.in/MOTEXTO-Organi...%2C284&sr=8-19

For more options, search Amazon using "car seat organizers and storage".
comfortablynumb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 14:35   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Something like this?

For more options, search Amazon using "car seat organizers and storage".
Thanks & yes, something like this. However, would be much better if something like that comes with OEM seats. Back-pocket type stuff.

May be it needs to be customized by someone who makes custom car seats.
naveenchhillar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 12:08   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
May be it needs to be customized by someone who makes custom car seats.
Ideally, yes. But if the seat has airbags inside, better not mess with it.
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 10:49   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone tried such devices ? Are there any good ones available ?

The one I came across - https://mojipic.co/ is listed for USD 100.
Hy, Did you get your hands on it.? seems quite fascinating. The price of this currently showing to USD50 but + shipping making it USD80
Old 13th June 2022, 08:54   #250
BHPian

Guys i have a Fiat Punto and there is absolutely no place to store water bottles (1L). Any pointers on how to solve this issue?

Can't find any decent holders on Amazon.
Old 14th June 2022, 15:36   #251
Senior - BHPian

Folks, any recommendation for bluetooth transmitter. The one I was using earlier(bought from UK) is broken after my kid stepped on it accidently. Same model is not available here so on the lookout. I found this model from Portronics in Amazon. Is it good?
Old 14th June 2022, 16:17   #252
BHPian

Quote:
My daughter is 11 and started with back facing car seat , then moved on to proper car seat which can hold kids up to 50 lbs. She used that till she was around 7-8 but as she grew it acted more as a booster with the car seat belt used to hold the seat and her together. Now she has completely graduated to booster seat with out any back support. She is a few inches off 5' around 4'7 to be precise. Waiting for her to grow few more inches (around 4'10 when the car seat belts can be used directly without choking or injuring the kid.

Your kids still have a lot of time left to use car seats. Unless your elder one is more than 4'10 I doubt if he can use car seat belts directly without risking any injury.

Still not convinced watch no seat belt car crash videos. Plenty available on internet. No can can beat laws of physics. My daughter did some nakhre after being brainwashed by her grand father few times as she grew up. All I had to do was to show her the videos every time she thought about not using the car seat.

Last edited by nibedk : 14th June 2022 at 16:18. Reason: Correction
nibedk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 16:18   #253
BHPian

Team,
Need recommendations for good neck support while driving. There are a lot of options available both online & offline. However, would appreciate if someone can vouch the quality personally. Been tough offlate to drive in my XUV 7OO since the headrest is too far off from my neck.

Thanks in advance.
Old 20th June 2022, 10:24   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Team,
Need recommendations for good neck support while driving. There are a lot of options available both online & offline. However, would appreciate if someone can vouch the quality personally. Been tough offlate to drive in my XUV 7OO since the headrest is too far off from my neck.

Thanks in advance.
I faced the exact same issue in my Hexa, and settled on the following after trying a couple of different next rests:

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B09...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are generously proportioned, with memory foam padding and a matte, non-sticky surface. Highly recommend these...
vijaysrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 22:48   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Hi TM_Turbo, may be I'm late to join this discussion but then, I just got my opportunity to be part of this community however I'm a team-bhp reader for nearly 5 years. I use a Chicco backless booster seat for my kids on my WRV on the front passenger seat (of course the seat pushed back to have sufficient distance from the airbag). I had imported it from the US via ibhejo custom order 3 years back but then seems it is available now at a steep price via amazon India too.

https://www.amazon.in/Chicco-GoFit-B.../dp/B0711C2MP1

Along with this, I also use a Cardiff travel headrest (again ordered via ibhejo)

Both these help kids with a safe and secure sleep during the long highway trip (I frequently travel between my hometown near Kanyakumari to Chennai approx 675 KM)

The Chicco booster seat can be used for kids until they grow enough to wear the seatbelt in proper position. The Cardiff is helpful for kids as well as adults to rest their head while they sleep during long journeys.

On the inflatable bed, I've tried couple of them "U-Grow Inflatable Car Mattress" as well as "Casago F1 Multifunctional Inflatable Car Bed Mattress" both from Amazon India. The first one lasted for few months and the second one for just one trip! My kids (Daughter 11 & Son 7) sleep especially when I start my journey early morning. Though comfortable for kids, safety concerns when using it (as pointed out by others too) and reliability of these products are a big question.
Attached Thumbnails
Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car-20220620_192123.jpg  

bajoseph04 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks