Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2021, 08:56   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
I got this “360 Degree Rear View Mirror (Black, Small)” mirror with a suction cup for windshield and its great! ... Now with the right positioning on the windshield, I can see all the vehicles that exit out of view of the rear view mirror at a 315 to 360 degree angle .
315 to 360 degree ! That will be something.

But it would have been more helpful if you had shared pics of the mirrors as placed in the car. Like:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Fitted a blind spot mirror on top of IRVM ..

Attachment 2201374
@ani_meher, nice !
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 12:12   #227
Senior - BHPian

My first car audio player did not have a USB port, and for some reason each CD inserted into the unit got many scratches and would not play after some days.

A car accessories shop suggested a car FM modulator, which would plug in to the 12V socket and had ports for USB, SD card and line-in. It would stream the output over a user-selected FM channel, and the HU can be set to play FM on the same channel to receive this output. It had a remote control as well.

I do not remember the brand or price, but a Google search for car FM modulator shows similar (and more advanced) products.
Old 14th November 2021, 14:20   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
I used to find the cabin lighting poor in the Polo and practically nil in the rear, thanks to a single dome light only in the front

Did you by any chance consider this kind of after market stick on dome light?

https://www.amazon.in/Coxeer-Univers...W%2CB071H52NLK

I want to get a middle dome light and had selected above but your option seems good too and for the same price, I can get 2 actually from Ikea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post

I got this “360 Degree Rear View Mirror (Black, Small)” mirror with a suction cup for windshield and its great! Ordered a second one for the passenger side.
Would appreciate if you can show actual pics of how it looks as the accessory seems very enticing.
raksrules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 14:34   #229
BHPian

My car came with wireless charger but with wired Android auto. I backed the AA wireless project on indiegogo and got the device delivered recently. I have fixed the device just above the wireless charging pad using velcro. It sits out of sight and works like magic everytime.
Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car-img_20211114_185015__01.jpg
Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car-img_20211114_185040__01.jpg
I use pretty old phone (4+years) and it doesn't have wireless charging capability. When not charging wireless android auto consumes about 15% battery per hour when using navigation and music streaming. I am very happy with this accessory. May be next step is to upgrade my phone.

Last edited by nandrive : 14th November 2021 at 14:40.
nandrive is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 15:24   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Did you by any chance consider this kind of after market stick on dome light?
I was looking for a yellow light primarily, but thanks for the product suggestion! (which would replace my current aftermarket stick on boot light)
GeeTee TSI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 16:25   #231
BHPian

Hi,

In these days of everything digital, I've been looking for something like this. I think interaction with other fellow drivers on highway or busy streets will spread a lots of cheer and smile on the road.

And also be a change from static 'Baby on Board" sign .

Has anyone tried such devices ? Are there any good ones available ?

The one I came across - https://mojipic.co/ is listed for USD 100.
vigneshnr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 08:31   #232
Senior - BHPian

Added this Darth Vader Lego keychain to my Skoda Octavia key fob
Attached Thumbnails
Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car-pxl_20220110_060555660.portrait.jpg  

Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car-pxl_20220110_061014224.portrait.jpg  

GeeTee TSI is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2022, 19:56   #233
BHPian

I am going to put the sill plate on new car soon. This one goes on the metal at door of the car. It looks like the attached pic.

But I have observed that the black part above that, sort of small step is where my kids will keep putting their foot and that will become bad and full of scratches soon. For that part, what should I put? Some sort of black tape, generic or some specialized tape?

Can anyone suggest?
Attached Thumbnails
Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car-sill-plate.jpg  

raksrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2022, 08:09   #234
BHPian

Is there any accessory that can help me figure out the leftmost front of my car? We Have Nios and I'm tight spaces we would want better left side judgement. I did see those dummy antennas that one fan attach to the Bonnet and I guess it is not illegal too (unless we put a flag on it).
Is that the only option or something else is there too?
Old 9th April 2022, 09:56   #235
BHPian

Quote:
I am going to put the sill plate on new car soon. This one goes on the metal at door of the car. It looks like the attached pic.

But I have observed that the black part above that, sort of small step is where my kids will keep putting their foot and that will become bad and full of scratches soon. For that part, what should I put? Some sort of black tape, generic or some specialized tape?

Can anyone suggest?
Even though I don’t have a sill plate, I ppf’d that part of the car to avoid these scratches and stuff . Maybe it would be possible on top of the metal too
icestrok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 19:49   #236
BHPian

I have Grand i10 Nios and although Hyundai has provided lights everywhere needed for night time usage inside cabin, one important place where they didn't is the driver door where all switches of the ORVM and window switches are there.

I need to put some sort of light or some thing there which can be easily turned on and will illuminate the switches. I did read here about those radium tapes but they may not be useful in situation wherein say car is parked in darkness for few hours and I have to then take it out as they have limited time until which they will glow, right?

Is there any small sticky light that I can install there? Needs to be small enough.
Old 3rd May 2022, 07:04   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is there any small sticky light that I can install there? Needs to be small enough.
Will some thing like this work?

PMGCARES 3 LEDs Stick Tap Touch Lamp Night Light, Multicolour, Round https://www.amazon.in/dp/B09LS9XYKV/...TM7T0GBB81GACE
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 08:03   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Is there any accessory that can help me figure out the leftmost front of my car? We Have Nios and I'm tight spaces we would want better left side judgement. I did see those dummy antennas that one fan attach to the Bonnet and I guess it is not illegal too (unless we put a flag on it).
Is that the only option or something else is there too?
You can install front parking sensors if you want, however they have a range from 1 feet onwards, i.e., it will stop beeping after you're below 1 foot away from the object. Another thing you can try is sticking a diviner in the middle of the dashboard, which will help you improve judgement.
Old 3rd May 2022, 09:30   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Will some thing like this work?

PMGCARES 3 LEDs Stick Tap Touch Lamp Night Light, Multicolour, Round https://www.amazon.in/dp/B09LS9XYKV/...TM7T0GBB81GACE
I was able to fix the issue yesterday after I posted that. I had one light from Ikea lying with me unused. I got 2 of these and one is in trunk and another I have now installed (it has a clip) on the driver side sun visor and I only need to tap it to make it light up. This illuminates the entire driver side seat area. Check pictures.

Product link: https://www.ikea.com/in/en/p/stoetta...hite-40325243/
Attached Thumbnails
Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car-0e817f148a7a412ea7501fde48ac5fca.jpeg  

Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car-246284f3bb7e4008bed240584a06261c.jpeg  

raksrules is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 11:24   #240
BHPian

Hi All

Has anyone tried inflatable bed for the car back seat? I want to know if these serves the purpose during long journeys. I am looking to buy one from amazon for my kids so that they can sleep during long drives.

Does these inflatable beds will be of good quality and will they be able to carry about 50 kg weight and also I am little skeptical about safety in case of a mishap.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks