Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2021, 23:56   #3331
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello bhpians.

Here is more dope on the XUV700.

1. According to my sources, if ever there is a need to dismantle the dashboard for any repairs like AC related repairs then it will be a hell of a task to get rid of the resulting rattles as well as electronic sensor malfunction as the dashboard design and internal network of sensors and wiring is way too complex as compared to the XUV500.
This one sounds quite scary, as AC issues are common after the 5 year mark.

Did a TD today and was blown away by the performance and stability, passenger side door handle did look like it didn't close properly (it was the AX7L). Hope it's nothing serious.

One weird question guys, is it possible to remap the AX7L Variant? Considering the fact that ADAS needs to control the engine when it is engaged.
giri1.8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 07:44   #3332
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Also the all new XUV500 will be launched around 2025 and will have power outputs somewhere between the 300 and the 700. It will get the same engines as the XUV700 but atleast for petrol variant the power output will be closer to 160 bhp and the diesel will likely get the same tune as the all new Scorpio.
That's some serious dope.

Thought the next gen XUV500 would be a stretched XUV300 rather than a shortened XUV700. 2ltr engines in a Creta rival would be smashing. But then again begs the question. Where is the 1.5l mStallion going to be used?
DicKy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 07:48   #3333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast81 View Post
I don’t think it will automatically close until the driver locks it manually with the centralised lock button or the car does it automatically when the speed reaches 20 kmph.
I am not talking abut the doors getting locked but the door handles retracting themselves upon closing the doors.
Old 30th November 2021, 08:32   #3334
BHPian

IIRC The review by CNB explained door handles functionality, as did many others (I guess).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I am not talking abut the doors getting locked but the door handles retracting themselves upon closing the doors.
I think they're mechanically self-retracting i.e. after being pulled to open the door & left, the handle mechanically retracts back inside immediately (while the door is open itself).

I can guess someone inadvertently kept the handle pulled after the person locked & closed their door.
WorkingGuru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 11:00   #3335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Update:
Had written a stinker marking Mr. Rajesh Jejurikar (Executive Director- M&M) on 25th November venting out my frustration. Obviously did not expect any revert or reaction on it. But lo and behold, received a call today afternoon from Mr. Abdul Syed (Head: Customer Experience- M&M). Seems Mr. Jejurikar's office took the pains to internally figure out my issue and instructed Mr. Syed to personally reach out to me.
It is great that someone from the top echelons reached out to you personally, but this is not a healthy sign. This sort of issues should have been sorted out much earlier and at a much lower level. It is not possible for an ED or Head of CS to attend to every customer complain.

In your position, I would have bargained for a 2022 manufactured vehicle by end of Jan or Feb.
Sommos is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 11:21   #3336
BHPian

Quote:

5. Midnight Black is the worst affected colour in the XUV700 and deliveries of this colour are taking the most time irrespective of variant or engine. Also amongst these variants diesel AWD Electric Blue XUVs will see the most delayed deliveries with the worst being early 2023.
This is a bit concerning for many bookings As of now, my delivery status for Midnight Black AWD stands at 24th Dec 2021. I hope this is the true status Is there any other here with similar configuration booked with a delivery lined up for next month? Or for that matter any AWD L variant?
Old 30th November 2021, 12:52   #3337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
This is a bit concerning for many bookings As of now, my delivery status for Midnight Black AWD stands at 24th Dec 2021. I hope this is the true status Is there any other here with similar configuration booked with a delivery lined up for next month? Or for that matter any AWD L variant?
I'm in the same boat as you. Midnight Black AX7L AWD+AT and the date has been pushed from 7th December, 2021 to 25th Dec, 2021 - 01 Jan, 2022. I just hope there are no further delays. While I was content to wait earlier, the constant shuffling of delivery dates is pissing me off. I'd just like a solid date, whether it be January 2022 or even December 2022.
wadewilson is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 13:06   #3338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
I'd just like a solid date, whether it be January 2022 or even December 2022.
Either you are very patient or a big Mahindra fan!! Anything more than 2-3 months wait period is not acceptable for me now. This is my 1st experience with an Indian Auto maker. It's reassuring to know that you are in the same timeline for your SUV. So looks like it's not an error.

I understand from my dealership that they haven't seen Diesel deliveries until now and none for AWD (even if any diesels are getting delivered). But they are seeing Midnight Black colour petrol variants delivered. so, choice of colour isn't the real issue. Interesting to see how things change. Fingers crossed and hoping for better customer experience. Mahindra, are you listening?

Last edited by r0ckstar.1 : 30th November 2021 at 13:11. Reason: More content Addition
Old 30th November 2021, 15:58   #3339
BHPian

Massive plume of white smoke from XUV700

The rear view camera and the right ORVM both show a *massive* plume of white smoke being emitted from the XUV700 on being revved up in neutral gear. (See 27:07 in the video attached).

Any explanation on what could have caused this? White smoke from the engine would normally indicate a blown head gasket, which would be pretty sad for a brand new engine like the one in this car.

Name:  7454b512cc044d0996fc1ffb80e34793_dest_.gif
Views: 1341
Size:  1.14 MB

d3mon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 16:13   #3340
Senior - BHPian

Re: Massive plume of white smoke from XUV700

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
The rear view camera and the right ORVM both show a *massive* plume of white smoke being emitted from the XUV700 on being revved up in neutral gear. (See 27:07 in the video attached).

Any explanation on what could have caused this? White smoke from the engine would normally indicate a blown head gasket, which would be pretty sad for a brand new engine like the one in this car.

Attachment 2239354

https://Youtu.be/MkMYNUXVyJA?t=1627
It's most probably gravel and dust from wheel spin. He is actually in gear when the smoke appears, not in neutral as far as I can see.
Old 30th November 2021, 16:17   #3341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
It's most probably gravel and dust from wheel spin. He is actually in gear when the smoke appears, not in neutral as far as I can see.
The smoke was definitely before he started moving. Please watch the video again.
The rear view camera also clearly shows it coming out of the tailpipe.

Last edited by d3mon : 30th November 2021 at 16:19.
d3mon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 17:16   #3342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
Either you are very patient or a big Mahindra fan!! Anything more than 2-3 months wait period is not acceptable for me now. This is my 1st experience with an Indian Auto maker. It's reassuring to know that you are in the same timeline for your SUV. So looks like it's not an error.
Neither my friend Satisfied with my Creta for the time being, its only been three years and I can't find any flaws with the car, plus the 1.6L diesel mill puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it. So, as car need is not acute, I am willing to wait. However, the constant shuffling of delivery dates has me irritated and I just want the thing to be done with Anyway, this will be our first Mahindra and our first purchase from an Indian car manufacturer as well so let's see how it all pans out.
wadewilson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 17:22   #3343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
The smoke was definitely before he started moving. Please watch the video again.
The rear view camera also clearly shows it coming out of the tailpipe.
I see the rpm rising fast and going very high. This may have caused wheelspin leading to white smoke. Or unburnt fuel due to the high revs. Of the engine was shot, smoke would have continued even while driving.

Last edited by mtnrajdeep : 30th November 2021 at 17:26.
mtnrajdeep is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 17:26   #3344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh.alse View Post
Now they have it in m2all, but shows as out of stock. Personally this is an important accessory for me, very sad that such small things are still not available . If any of you are able to get it, please let me know.
m2all.com now has the stock available for the key fob cover and I was surprised that I got a call from customer care to let me know that this is now in stock.
Attached Images

mahesh.alse is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 17:49   #3345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh.alse View Post
m2all.com now has the stock available for the key fob cover and I was surprised that I got a call from customer care to let me know that this is now in stock.
Thank you. I placed an order as soon as I saw your post 😂 My first time ordering from m2all.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20211130174604_chrome.jpg  

wadewilson is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks