Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2021, 16:16   #3226
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manojah View Post
XUV700 AUTOPILOT REAL LIFE TEST
While the vlogger hasn't mentioned that it is his video, he doesn't seem to give due credits to the creator of the video too. This video was created by Vayalat Automobiles, Kochi and was posted a day before in a Facebook group. Looks like he just gave a voice-over!

Original video on Facebook:

Last edited by impala : 23rd November 2021 at 16:19. Reason: Removing inline video.
impala is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 16:31   #3227

Re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio (Codenamed: Z101) caught testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
That looks like the XUV700
Oh! Sorry. Since I have seen it from a distance , might have mistaken.
Old 23rd November 2021, 16:37   #3228
BHPian

Wished we had such reply from Mahindra on XUV 700 booking..

https://www.news18.com/amp/news/buzz...d-4471250.html
benroth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 19:04   #3229
Senior - BHPian

IS there any video of the AX7 D AT variant without "L" pack? I wanted to see what will I be missing and how is the interior compared to "L" pack.
Old 23rd November 2021, 20:22   #3230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
IS there any video of the AX7 D AT variant without "L" pack? I wanted to see what will I be missing and how is the interior compared to "L" pack.
Plenty of AX7 non-luxury petrol videos out there. Apart from the drive modes button everything in interior is same between diesel and petrol.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 21:52   #3231

Need a suggestion from the forum.

I had booked XUV 700 AX5, AT 5 St from Randhawa Motors Mumbai. Knowing all that is going around in automobile industry I knew the wait could be long and was patiently waiting for my turn.

However on Sunday I for the first time thought of checking the status of my booking. And to my dismay I saw the booking was done for XUV AX5 7 Str Manual

I want Automatic transmission and this is one thing I can't compromise on. Had it been variant change, or fuel change I might have been okay with that. I wrote to customercare@mahindra.com and bookingsupport@mahindra.com but their canned response was that if I change variant now I will be pushed to bottom without any price protection.

I have a written WhatsApp communication where I had confirmed the Automatic variant and that was provided in the escalation email to Mahindra but they seemed to have ignored it.

Is there any recourse for me? Is there any escalation point (apart from Twitter which I know is last resort) where I can get any resolution.
Asharma1605 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 23:28   #3232
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio (Codenamed: Z101) caught testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umash View Post
Today, noted a camouflaged Scorpio in Nanganallur, Chennai market area. It doesn't appear to be a test drive. The driver casually drive the vehicle in to a a Retailer's parking area and went for shopping.
But this looks like XUV700? May be the owner wanted to save on PPF/Ceramic coating cost and opted for this camouflage suit? 😛
Old 24th November 2021, 02:42   #3233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asharma1605 View Post
Is there any recourse for me? Is there any escalation point (apart from Twitter which I know is last resort) where I can get any resolution.
If it’s the dealers mistake, ask the dealer to send an email to Mahindra requesting a fix for their mistake. I’ve read a couple of cases on the FB group where Mahindra has modified the order from their side and customer has got an SMS mentioning the modified order.
Old 24th November 2021, 07:05   #3234
BHPian

Quest for real world city mileage of Petrol Automatic XUV7OO.

As per the owner who has had his vehicle for more than 20 days and done a 1000 km plus highway trip.

Highway mileage: 13+ kmpl
City mileage: 10+ kmpl

Tankfull method.

This is extremely impressive considering many owners were reporting 10+ kmpl in-city driving from their petrol XUV7OOs and, I personally didn't/couldn't believe it.

I think sedate driving best mileage in city would be around 10+ for Automatic and 11+ for MT. Worst could be 7-8 kmpl on bumper to bumper for Automatic and 9+ for MT.

Incredible!
fazalmirza is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 09:48   #3235
BHPian

Quote:
I wrote to customercare@mahindra.com and bookingsupport@mahindra.com but their canned response was that if I change variant now I will be pushed to bottom without any price protection.
I was in similar situation and wrote on above two mail ids. Initial response was cold and I kept pushing by giving them regular gyan on customer care, sometimes sarcastically and luckily it worked for me . I also kept pressure on dealer sales manager.

Keep trying and all the best

MM
MissionManali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 10:32   #3236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Write a mail to the person mentioned in the image below, with a cc to customercare. Also, tag all M&M big shots when you escalate on Twitter.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-mmcc.png

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 24th November 2021 at 10:34.
Old 24th November 2021, 11:08   #3237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello bhpians.... Mahindra will also discontinue the MX and AX3 variants by the time Scorpio gets launched...
Hi,
Is Mahindra likely to honor its bookings for MX variant ?

I understand it will be based on many things (chipset availability, their profitability, their strategy, their mood even!) but are they likely simply stop bookings post the launching the Scorpio, or some earlier cut-off date ?
Old 24th November 2021, 12:18   #3238
BHPian

I was looking at Vinfast EV launch, what took my attention was door handles!
Those are designed "Pininfarina", Yes, it's same famous one acquired by Mahindra back in 2015.

I felt the one designed on Vinfast looks better than one on XUV700.
Attached Images

mytbhp_turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 13:16   #3239
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
Hi,
Is Mahindra likely to honor its bookings for MX variant ?

I understand it will be based on many things (chipset availability, their profitability, their strategy, their mood even!) but are they likely simply stop bookings post the launching the Scorpio, or some earlier cut-off date ?
My guess is that they will deliver the initial lot of bookings made for MX - which appears to be about 5% of overall bookings. So if M&M indeed got 50K bookings in two days, and assuming a cancellation rate of 20%, they would have about 2000 MX variant cars to supply. They will surely do this, otherwise the negative publicity could be an unnecessary nuisance for M&M that they would want to avoid.

I am thinking they will drag out the delivery of these 2000 units over 1 year or so, by shipping only around 150 vehicles a month. This will cause further cancellations among these 2000 impatient customers, and they may end up only having to supply 1000-1500 units. In this case, even if the loss per unit of MX (and there surely is a substantial loss at the price point it is positioned in) to M&M is say:
  • A loss of Rs. 1 lakh - based on the original booking price prevailing on the 7th October, and
  • A loss of 50 K - for bookings made on the 8th (post price increase),

We are then speaking of 1250 units sold at an average loss of 75K - which works out to less than 10 crores - they can easily make this up be selling just 500 AX7s, as these should have a minimum profit margin of 2 lakhs per unit.

For units booked after Day 2, my guess is M&M will execute a discontinuation in the coming months and urge these customers to upgrade to AX3. They have to limit their losses to ensure overall company financial health.

In any case we will know the real story in a couple of days. M&M is supposed to share delivery dates to those customers who have not yet received these (mainly those who booked MX and AX3 variants) on the 25th.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 24th November 2021 at 13:26.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 13:55   #3240
BHPian

I test drove the XUV 7OO Petrol Automatic AX-5 variant yesterday and found the engine noise to be a bit on the higher side. It's much better than the diesel for sure but not satisfactory. I could hear it at almost all times. Even at idle, there was a slight thrum and slight vibrations. The ride quality was very good though.

Is mine an isolated instance? Can anyone shed input on this? I'm looking to replace the 5 year old Ciaz diesel my wife and staff get chauffeured around in, with a petrol auto AX-5. My running is less but we're keen on a comfy cabin. My family insists on petrol after they've been in my ultra silent Creta 1.5 NA CVT. Our monthly running is not much.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th November 2021 at 15:19. Reason: typo: 7OO
hortons15 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks