Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2021, 15:56   #3106
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by werfish View Post
Strangely, there is a used XUV700 AX7 Petrol on sale in carwale
It's doesn't look like a genuine one. I noticed few more posts on Facebook on booking transfer by paying some premium amount as well.
https://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in...ot=0&dc=0&rk=1
Old 15th November 2021, 16:32   #3107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Good if Tucson 7-seater comes within 30L.
I guess Tuscon is a 5 Seater only. Not Sure if its available as a 7 Seater anywhere so please do check.
Old 15th November 2021, 17:49   #3108
BHPian

Quote:
Any comparable/alternative model apart from Safari within 30L range with 7 seaters existing/launching in a couple of months.
I too have booked the car after the bookings crossed the 50,000 mark (not sure if it was after the 65,000 mark).

I recommend you take a test drive of the Safari and decide. I am confused, but I felt that the Safari is a better car, features aside. Different people would have different perspectives, but I would strongly recommend taking a test drive of both the cars. Parting with 28+ lacs for a car is not a joke (at my levels of pay ).
NotanF1driver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 18:24   #3109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotanF1driver View Post
I too have booked the car after the bookings crossed the 50,000 mark (not sure if it was after the 65,000 mark).

I recommend you take a test drive of the Safari and decide. I am confused, but I felt that the Safari is a better car, features aside. Different people would have different perspectives, but I would strongly recommend taking a test drive of both the cars. Parting with 28+ lacs for a car is not a joke (at my levels of pay ).
Same here 28+ is my stretched budget
I liked the Safari felt more solid than 7OO and delivery was within 15 days but I was inclined towards some electronic features including the dashboard etc. If XUV 7OO is stripped down with some features then I would seriously consider Safari.
aka_iitd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 19:23   #3110
BHPian

If it wasn't for the chip shortage, I think we would have already seen discounts on Safari due to XUV700. As things stand, they are constrained by the supply side, demand is not a problem. So no chance of lucrative offers, even at the year end.

Last edited by pseudo_coder : 15th November 2021 at 19:24.
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 19:41   #3111
BHPian

Mahindra Customer Care is royally ignoring the sea of complaints pouring in on Twitter, regarding the XUV 700. Can see a lot of people voicing their grievances on a range of issues, primarily how dealers are indulging in underhanded practices; but no one has received an acknowledgement from the Customer Care handle. Personally, I have tweeted several times over the past couple of days regarding a concrete update on the delivery of my AX7 P AT, but no luck yet. I'm stuck in a vicious circle between the dealer and customer care!

P.s. Can anyone confirm whether Mahindra has actually dispatched vehicles as per the OTF/Online Booking Ref numbers? Is there any loophole that dealers are exploiting to allot vehicles out-of-turn to customers paying a premium? I had booked online precisely to reduce the role of the dealer in the transaction and get updates directly from Mahindra, however this online tracking on the portal has turned out to be a farce!
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 21:20   #3112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
I guess Tuscon is a 5 Seater only. Not Sure if its available as a 7 Seater anywhere so please do check.
The 7 seater is on the cards and expected to be launched in H1-2022, but the pricing would for sure be in the 30+ range.
hemanthbs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 21:25   #3113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
I had booked online precisely to reduce the role of the dealer in the transaction and get updates directly from Mahindra, however this online tracking on the portal has turned out to be a farce!
Guess what I was on the other spectrum of the thought process and had booked through the dealer. Result: Same as that of yours no transperency, no clue of delivery dates, no communication from dealers or Mahindra every thing is as the saying goes " Ram bharose".
My point here being online or offline doesn't make a difference to the rot that exists in this entire process of booking the XUV700.
Monty1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 21:29   #3114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Mahindra Customer Care is royally ignoring the sea of complaints pouring in on Twitter, regarding the XUV 700. Can see a lot of people voicing their grievances on a range of issues, primarily how dealers are indulging in underhanded practices; but no one has received an acknowledgement from the Customer Care handle. Personally, I have tweeted several times over the past couple of days regarding a concrete update on the delivery of my AX7 P AT, but no luck yet. I'm stuck in a vicious circle between the dealer and customer care!

P.s. Can anyone confirm whether Mahindra has actually dispatched vehicles as per the OTF/Online Booking Ref numbers? Is there any loophole that dealers are exploiting to allot vehicles out-of-turn to customers paying a premium? I had booked online precisely to reduce the role of the dealer in the transaction and get updates directly from Mahindra, however this online tracking on the portal has turned out to be a farce!
It's so sad to see such practices from dealers nationwide when such a good product has been developed.. not sure how this will impact future sales but such negative experiences will tarnish the vision which Mahindra wants to head towards with any future launches.

I am also pretty sure some dealers have made dummy bookings as some are offering same day deliveries for cars already waiting in the yard
souvik6 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 02:26   #3115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogishkamath View Post
There is the MG Hector Plus, the Hyundai Alcazar and of course the Innova Crysta.
High time MG brings the Hector Diesel Automatic!
car_monarch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 09:45   #3116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotanF1driver View Post

When it comes to engine gearbox tuning and ride quality, Safari might be a better car. I went through the same dilemma that you are facing four years back - Between Hexa and XUV500. Back then I chose Hexa for the above two advantages and the fact that I could not come to terms with XUV500's looks.

All three facts remain the same today as well. Safari looks better, has a better ride, and seems to have better gearbox tuning. But the 5 star safety rating of XUV700 changes everything. It should be given more weightage than all the above items in my opinion. There is enough evidence to have some doubts that Safari may not be as safe as XUV700. That alone should tilt the scale to XUV700. Unless Tata tests the car, we have to assume Safari is much less safer than XUV700. If I were to make the decision today, I will go with XUV700.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 16th November 2021 at 09:50.
padmrajravi is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 13:42   #3117
BHPian

Quote:
Same here 28+ is my stretched budget
I liked the Safari felt more solid than 7OO and delivery was within 15 days but I was inclined towards some electronic features including the dashboard etc. If XUV 7OO is stripped down with some features then I would seriously consider Safari.
I think we should give maximum consideration to the safety ratings. An area where Safari has not dared to enter yet
Old 16th November 2021, 14:00   #3118
BHPian

Some interesting info about Apple CarPlay certification process. It is a fairly lengthy and cumbersome process, takes about 6 months for the certification process to complete. Depending on when in the development timeline Mahindra (or Bosch) started the process it could take a while.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20211116-1.53.45-pm.png

[Source]
Tanmay007 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 16:39   #3119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogishkamath View Post

If cardekho is to believed, then the new Hyundai Tucson 7-seater is launching in Jan at a price of 25 lakhs. I don't believe this news, but if it does launch at that price and in that time-frame, I would definitely go take a look !
I did not find a link saying there would be a January launch. Can you please share that.
Old 16th November 2021, 17:05   #3120
BHPian

Today, I got a response to a query that I had sent to Mahindra customer support on Oct 29th. It started with
"This reply is delayed due to a mail server bug that was resulting in infrequent delivery of emails to the inbox. Sorry about this and thank you for your kind understanding". Happy to see that they are catching up on the backlog and acknowledging the fact that they did not meet customer expectations.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 17th November 2021 at 09:02. Reason: tags removed

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks