Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2021, 13:54   #3046

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Received delivery of my white AX7 L AT, and just had enough time to bring it home and park before the pooja tomorrow.

First impressions so far:
a.) Feels more Kodiaq than Xuv500 from the inside
b.) Fuel efficiency so far (just 30km ;p) - 10.1KMPL (Do note that I was being extra cautious to keep the rpm lower since its a new vehicle and want to notch it up gradually over the next few hundred kms)
c.) I opted in for a few accessories from the dealer - but the stickiness seems to have some trouble, which the dealer blames on the wet and moist weather and has promised to redo this once the weather improves
d.) The vehicle looks smaller in pics from the front (more like a sonet or a kushaq). Its from the side profile and when you are sitting inside, one really begins to comprehend the size of the car
e.) I have not tested out all the features within the car yet - like alexa, etc. The first thing I did check out while collecting was if the wireless charging was working with all the news around removing those chips. Was not sure if it was for the next batches in production or the ones in delivery.
f.) Like many have pointed out, Carplay features are not enabled yet.

I would like to work an ownership report, and looking for guidance from the senior bhpians on the forum here to make sure I am doing it right for the forum here. Request to please let me know if I could work with a mentor or two here

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th November 2021 at 17:11. Reason: Corrected. Thanks.
tavarisvalerian is offline   (54) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 14:08   #3047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Received a call from the dealer in the evening that the car dispatch from the factory (at Chakan, near Pune) has in fact been delayed and is now expected to arrive at the dealer stockyard in Mumbai by Saturday, if they dispatch tomorrow. Hoping to atleast do the PDI on Saturday, 13th Nov now, if all goes well.
Update:
Called the dealer SA twice yesterday for an update on the vehicle status, he didn't receive my calls nor did he reply to my message. Called him again in the morning now (yes, I have turned shameless) and he finally picked up after 3 calls. I'm just appalled by the lack of courtesy. That aside, turns out he hadn't even bothered to check since the last time we had spoken on 9th Nov, whether the vehicle was dispatched from the factory at Chakan or not; put me on hold for 6 mins and 21 secs and then came back saying there's no update from the factory as yet. My vehicle does not feature in the list shared with them it seems. He further said that I will receive a mail and SMS once the vehicle is dispatched from the factory. No one I know who has taken delivery has received any such communication. The SA said they will call only once they have any update now. I called Mahindra Customer Care hoping to get an update, but even that was useless, since the guy basically told me to get in touch with the dealer itself for updates. In short, the whole timeline is up in smoke right now and I have zero idea when I will get any concrete update. The whole attitude at the dealer end is supremely disappointing. Also, I am unable to plan my payment schedule in absence of any idea regarding the timeline. Even though I am opting for up-front payment and not availing of any financing options, need to maneuver the money through FDs and other sources. Completely nonplussed at the moment. Surely no one has that much money just lying dormant in a bank account!
IamNikhil is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 16:23   #3048
BHPian

As per this owner's review, Xuv700 Ax5 7 seater Petrol Manual FE in city drive is about 9-10 Kmpl and about 11-12 on highways.

Manojah is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 16:33   #3049
BHPian

Had got a delivery mail and sms for AX 7 P AT for 10th November. The showroom has no clue. The customer care said it's only 'tentative date'.
karanskumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 17:17   #3050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manojah View Post
As per this owner's review, Xuv700 Ax5 7 seater Petrol Manual FE in city drive is about 9-10 Kmpl and about 11-12 on highways.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=BWG2...nel=CarConnect
Automotive reviews have become very diluted now, you have 8 years old telling you the good and bad about vehicles. Lot of 'Calgulus' all around.

I recommend you wait for some proper mileage reviews to come up considering the petrol models are getting delivered first.

Will eagerly wait for someone form the TBHP fam to take delivery and clear our doubts and queries. Can't even trust the reputed automotive reviewers to be honest.
Raghunath Singh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 17:56   #3051
BHPian

My friend is little confused between Petrol and Diesel. His usage is mostly in the city and occasionally on highways. I always feel that diesel is better for such heavier vehicles. Can experts help me with the difference? Thanks in advance.
chethan.ram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 18:23   #3052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghunath Singh View Post
Automotive reviews have become very diluted now, you have 8 years old telling you the good and bad about vehicles. Lot of 'Calgulus' all around.

I recommend you wait for some proper mileage reviews to come up considering the petrol models are getting delivered first.

Will eagerly wait for someone form the TBHP fam to take delivery and clear our doubts and queries. Can't even trust the reputed automotive reviewers to be honest.
I agree, now every Tom, Dick & Harry has become Vlogers and car reviews are falling on Youtube like it is raining cats and dogs.

Yes, reviews by TBHP fam. would be more authentic & info. should be close to facts. Hope to see such reviews here soon.
Manojah is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 18:33   #3053
BHPian

Yes, truly I feel 12.1 kmpl in City for Automatic petrol is like a dream and improbable. He probably got those best figures on highway and braggingly wrote it on Facebook. We will know soon enough.

Petrol automatic:
With sedate driving, 8-9kmpl in city is expected, and upto 11-12 kmpl on highway at best. This is for the Automatic. The manual can further stretch it with good driving skills and less traffic.

Diesel automatic:
By the way, I am hoping to achieve upto 14 kmpl on highways, for diesel automatic at 90 kmph.
10-12 kmpl for sedate city driving.
fazalmirza is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 18:54   #3054
BHPian

Mr. Vivek Khurana has posted his ordeal with dealer Koncept Mahindra (Lajpat Nagar, Delhi) and their shady practices on the Facebook group "Mahindra XUV 700 Club India". Appalling and disconcerting!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20211112_185103.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20211112_185118.jpg  

IamNikhil is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 20:42   #3055
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw an XUV 7OO on the road yesterday. And when passing by a few XUV 5OO's today, the ugliness of the XUV 5OO stood out :(

Compared to the 5OO, the 7OO is much better looking.
condor is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 21:27   #3056
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chethan.ram View Post
My friend is little confused between Petrol and Diesel. His usage is mostly in the city and occasionally on highways. I always feel that diesel is better for such heavier vehicles. Can experts help me with the difference? Thanks in advance.
The price difference is not much but the DPF issues is what he should look out for if opted for diesel with that city usage.
Old 12th November 2021, 22:15   #3057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
The price difference is not much but the DPF issues is what he should look out for if opted for diesel with that city usage.
Price is not an issue. It’s the performance he is looking at. Also, none of the bigger vehicles in petrol version has made an impact. Best example is Innova Petrol. So he is confused.
Old 12th November 2021, 22:45   #3058
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chethan.ram View Post
Price is not an issue. It’s the performance he is looking at. Also, none of the bigger vehicles in petrol version has made an impact. Best example is Innova Petrol. So he is confused.
Typically, one needs to run petrols at a lot higher RPM than diesels to have fun. Much depends on personal choice and driving style.

While petrols give more 'peak' fun, many might have fun more often with a diesel, as one's normal RPM is quite close to the enjoyable RPM.

Last edited by Poitive : 12th November 2021 at 22:45. Reason: Typo
Poitive is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 22:51   #3059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tavarisvalerian View Post
Received delivery of my white AX7 L AT,...
Petrol or diesel? Without that info, can't decide if 10 kmpl is good or bad!
Old 12th November 2021, 23:16   #3060
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Update:
Called the dealer SA twice yesterday for an update on the vehicle status, he didn't receive my calls nor did he reply to my message. Called him again in the morning now (yes, I have turned shameless) and he finally picked up after 3 calls. I'm just appalled by the lack of courtesy. That aside, turns out he hadn't even bothered to check since the last time we had spoken on 9th Nov, whether the vehicle was dispatched from the factory at Chakan or not; put me on hold for 6 mins and 21 secs and then came back saying there's no update from the factory as yet. My vehicle does not feature in the list shared with them it seems. He further said that I will receive a mail and SMS once the vehicle is dispatched from the factory. No one I know who has taken delivery has received any such communication. The SA said they will call only once they have any update now. I called Mahindra Customer Care hoping to get an update, but even that was useless, since the guy basically told me to get in touch with the dealer itself for updates. In short, the whole timeline is up in smoke right now and I have zero idea when I will get any concrete update. The whole attitude at the dealer end is supremely disappointing. Also, I am unable to plan my payment schedule in absence of any idea regarding the timeline. Even though I am opting for up-front payment and not availing of any financing options, need to maneuver the money through FDs and other sources. Completely nonplussed at the moment. Surely no one has that much money just lying dormant in a bank account!
Were you expecting any different response (or the lack of it) from the dealer? This behaviour is typical of OEM’s whose cars are a runaway hit, I’ve mentioned similar comments in the Creta thread as well. Dealers know this is the only time to milk it and they will do it because they can. OEM’s have limited levers on the existing dealer network, so they probably turn a blind eye or give a tiny slap on the wrist. It’s not like businessmen are waiting with baited breath to take Tata/Mahindra’s dealership.

That said, I’m not saying dealers behaviour is correct but this is India; we have limited consumer rights and the outcomes take too much time, if one chooses that course. Simple thing to do is take the business elsewhere. In any case, 1st iteration of Tata and Mahindra vehicles are always experiments at customers expense.

This XUV 7OO has caught my attention as well, to replace our 7.5yrs old Innova but no way am I going to put up with dealers high handedness when there’s a chip shortage and demand for the vehicle is shooting through the roof. I will spare myself the heartburn and continue using Innova for another year, but that’s just me.

Cheers
RJK is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks