Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2021, 18:02   #2941
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionManali View Post
Update
Called Mahindra customer care on this. Was told that no change in variant is allowed and asked me to contact dealership on this, hence again putting me in never ending circle. However, it was also revealed that dealer has made a fresh booking in my name with right variant on Oct 15 (without cancelling the original one done on 8th Oct). I am not sure that how dealer is planning to manage this mistake made at his end?
Update
I had escalated this issue at various levels in M&M. Was assured to look into this. Had almost made up my mind to cancel and wait due to various views floating in this thread( niggles, better features down the line one year etc) and was planning to use excuse of wrong variant booking done by dealer for cancellation and voila received this message today. Heart is greedy again !
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img0746.jpg  

MissionManali is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 19:16   #2942
BHPian

Quote:
Update
I had escalated this issue at various levels in M&M. Was assured to look into this. Had almost made up my mind to cancel and wait due to various views floating in this thread( niggles, better features down the line one year etc) and was planning to use excuse of wrong variant booking done by dealer for cancellation and voila received this message today. Heart is greedy again !
When I see AWD I feel happy. Not because it makes too much of a difference. (May or may not in the situation one is in). But it sure will be a more exclusive club.
fazalmirza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 19:22   #2943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
Has anyone else faced the issue of involuntary cancellation of the booking
This could have been done by mistake either from dealer or Mahindra. Reaching out to them might resolve this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_chelat View Post
Feature deletion already??
This is so bad..

If this news is true, then it is better to cancel booking now and wait till end of 2022 or early 2023 when new models launched with more features.....

Mean while there could be more options from other manufacturers as well.
PMK-MoJo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 20:32   #2944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_chelat View Post
Feature deletion already??
Another disappointment. I really hope this applies to future bookings or at the very least bookings post the initial 25k. If Mahindra removes this even for people who booked on day 1 then it is a monumental failure in supply chain management from Mahindra. I’m now starting to lose faith in them.
Old 9th November 2021, 20:52   #2945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
Another disappointment. I really hope this applies to future bookings or at the very least bookings post the initial 25k. If Mahindra removes this even for people who booked on day 1 then it is a monumental failure in supply chain management from Mahindra. I’m now starting to lose faith in them.
Just imagine what brutality will be unleashed on the lesser models, starting with non Luxury Ax7, wont be surprised if the back camera's gone.
Old 9th November 2021, 20:58   #2946
BHPian

Real owners are now posting reviews. This video has review of AX5 P MT. The guy expects mileage of 7-8 in bumper to bumper traffic, 8-10 in city and 10-12 on highway
p_darshi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 21:33   #2947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
As per communication from Mahindra, the delivery of my AX7 Petrol AT was slated to happen today... Finally, called them today morning and was told that the vehicle is arriving at their stockyard by today evening. Intimated them that I want to do the PDI tomorrow before moving ahead; was told they would confirm by evening today.
Update:
Received a call from the dealer in the evening that the car dispatch from the factory (at Chakan, near Pune) has in fact been delayed and is now expected to arrive at the dealer stockyard in Mumbai by Saturday, if they dispatch tomorrow. Finally lost my cool and gave the representative a piece of mind for fooling around in the morning. Just ridiculous that these guys hadn't even bothered to check if the vehicle had been billed and released from the factory or not! My hopes of taking delivery on 14th November are crushed. Hoping to atleast do the PDI on Saturday, 13th Nov now, if all goes well. Fingers crossed!
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 22:15   #2948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
Last month, my friend faced similar issue with Hyundai dealer in Jaipur for purchase of Creta. Dealer was forcing to buy insurance at ~81k, whereas similar was available from outside for less than 40k.
Pardon me for being a newbie, but dealerships often ask for the full amount to be paid before agreeing on the delivery date. Have even heard some dealers saying they need the insurannce before the car leaves the dealer stockyard to insure for any potential damages. Is that true, or just another unfair practice? Also, in case the dealer demands payment in full - incl insurance and handling charges, how do you manage to proceed without paying?

Last edited by Eddy : 10th November 2021 at 01:38. Reason: Quoting a long post hampers readability
Old 9th November 2021, 22:23   #2949
BHPian

Quote:
Update
Congratulations! This is really interesting news because it gives hope to many whose dealer has screwed up. Also, it means they have the backend feature to change the variant, color etc.
drshajul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 23:17   #2950

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
Has anyone else faced the issue of involuntary cancellation of the booking
AFAIK, has happened to two people in my circle itself. It's really mismanaged. Holding mahindra responsible for an explanation and corrective action is absolutely imperative, I guess engagement actions on this tweet might help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Bear View Post
This is just plain Profit-Maximization at this point.
Sigh. And then, there's the shield of third party consultancy firm

Quote:
Originally Posted by drshajul View Post
I don't think you should worry. They have taken the booking with feature mentioned in the brochure, they are bound to give it in the product. Maybe future versions may have it deleted.
I really hope for all our sake, that that's true. Though the brochure is no holy grail, some variant vs feature mismatches have already been found - mentioned a couple of pages back on the same thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_darshi View Post
https://Youtu.be/35UTZB6bvSg

Real owners are now posting reviews. This video has review of AX5 P MT.
I was waiting for such reviews to come out. But this seems to only add to my confusion. I have been thinking about how connected car features like remote ac on/off could work in AX5 with a manual Aircon. In the video, I expected the user to mention that it doesn't work. Instead, he mentions that it works, without showing us how - I really doubt it would.
Old 10th November 2021, 08:34   #2951
Senior - BHPian

Siddharth Vinayak Patankar of NDTV Car&Bike has teased a new crash test at the ADAC Technik Zentrum test laboratory's crash hall on Twitter. Could it be the Mahindra XUV700?

Name:  Screenshot 20211110 at 8.31.39 AM.png
Views: 613
Size:  220.0 KB

Link to source

Last edited by ron178 : 10th November 2021 at 08:47.
ron178 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 08:50   #2952
Senior - BHPian

Received this from Mahindra just a while ago, I was reading the new posts in this thread, my morning ritual since the past one month

FYI, the variant I booked is the AWD L pack.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20211110084516.jpg  

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 10th November 2021 at 08:52.
sandeepmdas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 09:02   #2953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Received this from Mahindra just a while ago
Yes, many of us have recieved this email today morning. Our efforts with the tweets and emails have had a positive effect
drshajul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 09:14   #2954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Received this from Mahindra just a while ago, I was reading the new posts in this thread, my morning ritual since the past one month

FYI, the variant I booked is the AWD L pack.
Got the same message some time back, I have booked AX7 D MT Midnightblack on 7th from dealer in Bangalore.
RachhaMan10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 09:18   #2955
Senior - BHPian

Notice how the message talks about 'estimated month of delivery' and not 'estimated date of delivery'
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks