Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2024, 17:23   #10036
RVR
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster_huey View Post
3. There's a considerable jerky start whenever I use auto hold in start stop traffic. It's a little off-putting. I come from the world of manuals, so is this also expected behavior?
Instead of accelerating hard as the signal turns green, try giving a gentle tap on the A pedal to release the Auto Hold before you takeoff and accelerate at your will
Old 2nd May 2024, 20:41   #10037
BHPian

XUV3XO petrol gets drive modes, head rest for middle passenger, auto dim IRVM!
What an irony Mahindra to miss out these on your top of the line 7OO!
StepUP! is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2024, 10:06   #10038
BHPian

My XUV700 diesel has done 15000 km. Serviced at 10,000 km. Just randomly checked engine oil & found it to be above max mark. There have been no forced regen’s.

Is this a cause for concern?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-7eef05a0bf95420f8e121597258c944c.jpeg  

Old 3rd May 2024, 11:00   #10039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csr9 View Post
My XUV700 diesel has done 15000 km. Serviced at 10,000 km. Just randomly checked engine oil & found it to be above max mark. There have been no forced regen’s.

Is this a cause for concern?

It may be, only if the viscosity of the oil goes down below the specified value.

Simply speaking, there is a system of injecting diesel in the exhaust to burn the soot. Some of that diesel, if not burnt fully, may roll back to the oil chamber and mix with the engine oil. This is called Oil Dilution and this issue has been reported by some members.

What you can do is visit the ASC, report this issue by opening a RO and get the engine oil changed - for peace of mind.

For more insight on this issue, please visit this topic : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ngineer-7.html (All your questions about DPF & BS6 Diesel answered by a Diesel Calibration Engineer)

Last edited by Sommos : 3rd May 2024 at 11:01.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2024, 23:11   #10040

MOD NOTE : Please take your time to go through Posting Etiquette. Please abide by it.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudanmohit View Post
I park in my house compound (open shaded area)
Hence possibility of rat bite is low. Moreover it has been the same spot since 25 months.

The person who came to take the car had a small pocket sized scanner with him connected to his mobile. It detected some fault but I don't know about it. He also said it could just be a battery issue. Though I find it hard to believe regarding battery because it has been just 2 yrs and car otherwise worked fine. I'll surely keep posting whatever comes out. I just hope it gets rectified easily and quickly.
Hi, can I get update on what happened after the car was taken to the service centre??
Have they resolved it quickly?? What issue they reported??

Same issue faced by me today.

When I was reversing suddenly steering felt heavy and all sorts of yellow lights appeared on the cluster.
No speed was shown, no driver info, only rpm meter was working.
I drove like this for 5-6 KM and then switched off the engine for about 5 mins. After I switched on the Ignition, all lights went off expect the OBD lamp light and steering was back to normal.
Car was driving normally but OBD lamp still on.
I drove like this for another 5 KM.
Then again car switched off for 15-20 mins.
After when I switched on the ignition the OBD lamp was gone.
Again I drove for about 10 KM and issue is not repeated again. I drove in all drive modes and varying speeds. Done reverse multiple times

Can you suggest me what should I do based on your experience?? Should I continue driving or shall visit the service centre?? Service centre is quite far from here.

Have you experienced this issue again??

Last edited by Sheel : 4th May 2024 at 12:32. Reason: Mod note attached.
dj1790.deepak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2024, 10:18   #10041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj1790.deepak View Post
Hi, can I get update on what happened after the car was taken to the service centre??
Have they resolved it quickly?? What issue they reported??

Can you suggest me...what should I do based on your experience?? Should I co tinue driving or shall visit the service centre?? Service centre is quite far from here.

Have you experienced this issue again??
You are lucky is all I can say. Your car was healed by Mahindra's self healing tech

I was blessed by lord Ganesha so mine turned out to be a case of rat bite . I've been parking cars in same place since 17 years and this is first incident of rat bite.

The harness needs to be changed and my car is at showroom since 20th April. Since it is not readily available so it was ordered on 23rd and we're still waiting for it.

Luckily I've it covered via insurance and showroom is less than 2km from my home.

I'll suggest you atleast get the car checked at showroom as per your convenience. even though it's highly unlikely that there would be any serious issue, but you never should take chances. To get the peace of mind, I'll suggest you visit the showroom once again let them inspect the car along with obd scanner. Hopefully everything would be good

Happy driving

Mahindra XUV700 Review-mod.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 5th May 2024 at 16:29. Reason: Personal details masked
sudanmohit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2024, 17:55   #10042
BHPian

Today replaced my spare wheel with full size tyre. Ordered alloy + TPMS sensor through Mahindra service center. ASS guy said they won't fit the alloy Probably because they are always loaded with so many cars at the center. Thanks to Mahindra's sales. But servicing capacity isn't coping up yet.

I took it to the tyre shop as adviced. Fitted new alloy+tyre at the front.

Alloy+TPMS sensor - 15117
235/60 R18 MRF tyre - 12700

Does anyone know how do I ensure spare tyre pressure is also displayed in MID?
After front tyre was replaced with the new one, TPMS didn't show any error, probably because auto learning is on. However I am not sure if the pressure displayed is actual that tyre's pressure or it still shows spare tyre pressure in the place of front tyre.
StepUP! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2024, 05:01   #10043
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
Does anyone know how do I ensure spare tyre pressure is also displayed in MID?
After front tyre was replaced with the new one, TPMS didn't show any error, probably because auto learning is on. However I am not sure if the pressure displayed is actual that tyre's pressure or it still shows spare tyre pressure in the place of front tyre.
Please see this: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5329332 (Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV700 AX7L AWD | 60,000 km up)

The spare tire won’t show up automatically on MID: it’s always four tires only. If it was enabled in MID like I explained in link above, only when the pressures are outside threshold, it will show. Again - it takes about a km of running for any tire to pick real data and show on MID. Since the TPMS auto learning is enabled, you technically don’t need to do all I did - simply change the spare and start driving. Auto learning will pick the new tire and start displaying as long as it has similar sensor as other four tires.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 5th May 2024 at 11:08. Reason: Typo
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2024, 12:24   #10044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Please see this: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5329332 (Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV700 AX7L AWD | 60,000 km up)

The spare tire won’t show up automatically on MID: it’s always four tires only. If it was enabled in MID like I explained in link above, only when the pressures are outside threshold, it will show. Again - it takes about a km of running for any tire to pick real data and show on MID. Since the TPMS auto learning is enabled, you technically don’t need to do all I did - simply change the spare and start driving. Auto learning will pick the new tire and start displaying as long as it has similar sensor as other four tires.
Thank you! The TPMS is working as expected.
Just to ensure it's displaying correct pressure on the new tyre, I deflated it and MID showed the low pressure warning
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20240505_115111.jpg  

Old 5th May 2024, 22:32   #10045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Simply speaking, there is a system of injecting diesel in the exhaust to burn the soot. Some of that diesel, if not burnt fully, may roll back to the oil chamber and mix with the engine oil. This is called Oil Dilution and this issue has been reported by some members.

What you can do is visit the ASC, report this issue by opening a RO and get the engine oil changed - for peace of mind.

Thank you for the inputs.

There hasn’t been any active regen performed in the past 5000 km since service. The car mostly does a mix of highway + B road runs. Very recently i had a DPF clogged warning, instead of performing active regen, i drove the car on the highway for 15 min with engine RPM between 2.5-3K with speed of 70-90 km/hr. The warning disappeared.

With no active regen, is there a possibility of oil dilution?

I am also getting the car sent to ASC for a check-up.
Old 6th May 2024, 00:10   #10046

Hi !
Have been following this thread for so long, finally booked my AX5 Diesel 7 STR, On Road Pricing came out around 21.66 lacs excluding the extended warranty and accessories.
Took a decision of not going with the Top variant of cars of a segment below and settling for a mid variant of car of a segment above. I hope i cherish this decision in the long run.
Nsm1809 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2024, 13:29   #10047

Quote:

When I was reversing suddenly steering felt heavy and all sorts of yellow lights appeared on the cluster.
No speed was shown, no driver info, only rpm meter was working.
I drove like this for 5-6 KM and then switched off the engine for about 5 mins. After I switched on the Ignition, all lights went off expect the OBD lamp light and steering was back to normal.
Car was driving normally but OBD lamp still on.
I drove like this for another 5 KM.
Then again car switched off for 15-20 mins.
After when I switched on the ignition the OBD lamp was gone.

I used to face the same issue. I took it to to the service center to check the OBD error logs, but there were none.
The issue was sporadic. But I noticed a pattern that the issue mainly occurs when I reverse the car in tight spaces - like multiple forwards and reverse to take the car out. Also this happens only when the engine is cold (usually during first trip of the day).
I started parking my car the other way around so that I wouldnt have to reverse the car the next day and since then issue hasnt reappeared.
harish11128 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2024, 18:54   #10048

Quote:
Originally Posted by harish11128 View Post
I used to face the same issue. I took it to to the service center to check the OBD error logs, but there were none.
The issue was sporadic. But I noticed a pattern that the issue mainly occurs when I reverse the car in tight spaces - like multiple forwards and reverse to take the car out. Also this happens only when the engine is cold (usually during first trip of the day).
I started parking my car the other way around so that I wouldnt have to reverse the car the next day and since then issue hasnt reappeared.
Exactly.

The issue happened with exactly when I was reversing the car in tight space with multiple forwards and reverses. And yes the car's engine was ON after atleast 4 hours.

So, if this is the case then did service centre told why this is happening particularly with this case.

What is the conclusion provided by them?

By the way thanks for your reply. I can breathe a little easy. Anyway I will definitely go to service centre and get the OBD scanned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudanmohit View Post
You are lucky is all I can say. Your car was healed by Mahindra's self healing tech
====
Attachment 2602968
Thanks for your reply.
I will take your advice and will take car to service centre to get the OBD scanned.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 6th May 2024 at 19:14. Reason: Typos
Old 7th May 2024, 19:31   #10049
BHPian

Quote:

The issue happened with exactly when I was reversing the car in tight space with multiple forwards and reverses. And yes the car's engine was ON after atleast 4 hours.
I had faced this issue when my car was brand new; probably couple of times. Similar symptoms and situation except that it didn’t repeat immediately after a few kms. But since the first set of software updates which included ECU, I never faced this issue for more than 2 years now. It may be that some kind drive-in influence too. This was back in Jan 2022 or so.
impala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2024, 20:19   #10050
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Can anyone confirm if someone has "One Hour mode", Or "Accessory Mode" In their XUV 700 ?

Basically this function allows you to listen to music and use the infotainment system without the ignition/battery ON,

Just went for the PDI today for my AXL AWD Napoli black and the car either switched on battery/Ignition & then you can start the car, and ones you stop the engine everything shuts.

I asked the guy available there and he said its the same in all XUV's.

Which continues to be a bummer incase you only want to listen to music with the car shut you cant do so.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks