Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2024, 17:03   #10096
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Yes, i think the gear shifting is tuned to "Power First" approach, so on inclined roads engine whines as it will be in a lower gear than what it ideally should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_trikha View Post
Hellos !

I recently did a trip to Mussoorie and found my XUV700 Petrol AT holding gears upto 3k rpm on ghat sections with an annoying pitch of engine sound at ground speed hovering around 35-45 Kmph. In contrast, I could do this stretch last year with my CIAZ Diesel comfortably in 3rd gear with almost no engine whining.

Shifted the car to Manual mode and observed that car wanted to climb only in second Gear throughout the hill.

Would like to know experience of other XUV700 owners over such hills sections.
mahesh.alse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2024, 19:14   #10097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh.alse View Post
Yes, i think the gear shifting is tuned to "Power First" approach, so on inclined roads engine whines as it will be in a lower gear than what it ideally should be.
It is in the correct gear. XUV is heavier and 3rd would lug the engine at such speeds on hills. Petrol engines also produce less power at lower RPM compared to diesel engines.
Cresterk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2024, 21:15   #10098

Yet another variant launched by Mahindra:
"XUV 700 AX5 Select"
As per the article on car dekho "With the new AX5 Select variants, customers will benefit from features such as a panoramic sunroof, dual 10.25-inch displays for the infotainment and the instrument panel, push start/stop button, wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, six speakers, and electrically adjustable ORVMs."

The variant sits below the normal AX5 but is getting push start/stop button which is missing in the normal AX5.

The pricing is as below:
Petrol MT : Rs 16.89 lakh
Petrol AT : Rs 18.49 lakh
Petrol MT E : Rs 17.39 lakh
Diesel MT (185 PS) : Rs 17.49 lakh
Diesel MTE (185 PS) : Rs 17.99 lakh
Diesel AT : Rs 18.99 lakh
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20240522_210948_chrome.jpg  

Old 23rd May 2024, 02:17   #10099
BHPian

Quote:
The variant sits below the normal AX5 but is getting push start/stop button which is missing in the normal
No the normal ax5 is also updated and will now come with push button start
sunilsoft is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 22:48   #10100
BHPian

Hellos !

Was Browsing through XUV700 Manual and found something interesting, Petrol Manual versions can take upto E10 while Petrol Automatics can take up to E20.

Similarly Petrol for Automatics shall be min 95 ROM while no such mention for Manuals.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_3491.jpeg

Please provide your two cents.
himanshu_trikha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 00:37   #10101

Dear friends, This is my first post here, having been a silent spectator for the last 6 months. I appreciate the knowledge and experience sharing of the team here.

Here is a question which has been asked again and again, so apologies for so.e repetition. But I will add one more twist to this.

After a lot of confusion, having gone through multiple forums and threads, I have nailed down that I will go for XUV700 AX7 AT over the innova hycrosszx(o)

An XUV 700 AX7 AT (Petrol) of 2022 March make with 9000 km driven is also available with a dealer for 22.5 lakhs rupees.

The other 2 options on my mind are:

A new XUV 700 AX7 AT petrol variant and the third option is a new XUV 700 AX7 AT diesel variant.

My expected drives would be a little inconsistent. For example , i anticipate i may travel 400 kilometres a month , followed by 1,500 kilometres in the next month and this pattern may continue.

In the month I would drive only 400 kilometres, it would mostly be only within the city. But when I would drive 1500 kilometres in a month , it would primarily be on the highways.

The AX7 diesel variant costing about 29 Lakhs, would you recommend the new ax7 diesel or ax7 petrol at 28.5 lakhs or
the used ax7 petrol 2022 model with 9000 kilometres driven at 22.5 lakhs Rupees?

While all are within my budget, I may really be off if the fuel mileage is going to be 7 km per liter in petrol. 9 kmpl or so wouldn't worry as much.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Rahul

PS: Anyone from Hyderabad with good xuv700 ownership experience, please message and I shall talk to you on phone.
rahuljain1212 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 11:42   #10102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahuljain1212 View Post
An XUV 700 AX7 AT (Petrol) of 2022 March make with 9000 km driven is also available with a dealer for 22.5 lakhs rupees.
I would avoid. The initial batches were full of niggles. It usually takes Mahindra around 2 years to sort most of them out. Buy new for peace of mind.

Quote:
My expected drives would be a little inconsistent. For example , i anticipate i may travel 400 kilometres a month , followed by 1,500 kilometres in the next month and this pattern may continue.

In the month I would drive only 400 kilometres, it would mostly be only within the city. But when I would drive 1500 kilometres in a month , it would primarily be on the highways.
Go with diesel. Petrol is advisable only you are in NCR with the 10 year rule and that too if running is low.

Quote:

While all are within my budget, I may really be off if the fuel mileage is going to be 7 km per liter in petrol. 9 kmpl or so wouldn't worry as much.
If all three are in budget, get the newest, highest variant possible. You won't regret it. If a 2 kmpl delta in mileage matters, best to avoid petrol.
naru80 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 14:56   #10103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you look at total cost of ownership, diesel will definitely be cheaper. But when you are spending over 25L you should not worry about running cost. Test drive both, you might like like the refinement or power delivery of petrol, on the other hand you might like the range / torque or durability with the Diesel powerplant. Pick the one that you like regardless of the cost.
oxyzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2024, 22:34   #10104

XUV 700 - AX 7 L - Two common problems reported by owners and Quick fixes (Sort of)

1) Many iPhone users complain regarding the audio quality being low on Apple Carplay when compared to Alexa’s direct streaming on the Sony sound system.

Main issue I found in mine and my colleague’s is “ Sound check “.

Sound check is a feature which is turned on by default on apple devices to keep the volume in check.

Read more on it here:

https://support.apple.com/en-in/109331

I switched it off in Wireless Apple carplay and sounds phenomenal.

Did a short demonstration. Link here. Make sure your youtube quality is in 1080p to perceive the difference in audio quality.

Other tweaks I did to improve audio quality:

1) Using wired apple carplay. (Use apple cables only)
2) Turning on Dolby atmos for downloads.
3) Playing offline music.

But I admit that Even after this - some songs are better in alexa. But we all know how unreliable the signal for Vi / Vodafone is. So sticking to Apple carplay happily

2) I saw many users complain regarding the need to select the drive modes using touchscreen - for Zip , Zap and Zoom.

I regularly the use the rotary dial which is also a joystick technically.

I press the drive mode button below the AC console and move my rotary knob down once and I am am able to switch between modes and select by pressing the knob once.

I have to tell everyone - I wouldn’t be happy if it was by clicking the drive modes multiple times to select between modes. This method on the other hand feels a lot more upmarket and BMW ish.

Feel free to reply your experience, so we will know if it works for others too !
DrViz_26 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th May 2024, 09:32   #10105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriTraPh View Post

4 learnings/DIY fixes from 5-day road trip

4. About Xtragreen diesel for XUV700 (this is a learning not an issue I faced): I had been reading around IOC Xtragreen diesel on a separate thread and was in two minds whether to go for it or not as my tank was close to emptying after Mangalore. I checked with one of the Mahindra's service center over phone call and they recommended to NOT USE Xtragreen diesel in XUV700. I missed asking "why" or "what's the harm", but I am now not thinking of trying out this diesel and sticking with the standard diesel.
I am surprised by this. Xtragreen shouldn’t have any negative impact ideally. It has higher cetane numbers for a more cleaner and efficient burning and the multifunction additives should increase the lubrication lost due to reduction in Sulphur content.
Many people I know of have no complaints whatsoever with using Xtragreen in general annd it is agnostic of the brand.
Old 26th May 2024, 18:22   #10106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriTraPh View Post

4 learnings/DIY fixes from 5-day road trip

4. About Xtragreen diesel for XUV700 (this is a learning not an issue I faced): I had been reading around IOC Xtragreen diesel on a separate thread and was in two minds whether to go for it or not as my tank was close to emptying after Mangalore. I checked with one of the Mahindra's service center over phone call and they recommended to NOT USE Xtragreen diesel in XUV700. I missed asking "why" or "what's the harm", but I am now not thinking of trying out this diesel and sticking with the standard diesel.
I have read about Xtragreen usage in XUV700 on other forum and I see quite a lot of people with positive feedback on Mileage and noise factors. Since then I too have been using it especially on my long highway travels quite regularly. I too have seen a slight improvement overall as well. So in my opinion I do not see any harm in using it, you can give it a try.
sridhar24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2024, 08:02   #10107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by careind View Post
I am surprised by this. Xtragreen shouldn’t have any negative impact ideally. It has higher cetane numbers for a more cleaner and efficient burning and the multifunction additives should increase the lubrication lost due to reduction in Sulphur content.
Many people I know of have no complaints whatsoever with using Xtragreen in general annd it is agnostic of the brand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24 View Post
I have read about Xtragreen usage in XUV700 on other forum and I see quite a lot of people with positive feedback on Mileage and noise factors. Since then I too have been using it especially on my long highway travels quite regularly. I too have seen a slight improvement overall as well. So in my opinion I do not see any harm in using it, you can give it a try.
IOCL doesn't disclose the exact composition of Xtragreen. The grapevine says - its mostly bio-diesel (can't quote the source). If that's the case, one needs to check if the vehicle is bio diesel compliant. There was a thread here I remember reading and heard it unofficially from M&M sources as well that using bio diesel could lead to injector clogging in the long run, hence best avoided. I stick to plain old PSU diesel

Last edited by shrk_18 : 27th May 2024 at 08:03. Reason: correct typo
Old 27th May 2024, 15:27   #10108
BHPian

Hi guys. I have a XUV 700 petrol AX5 AT from the September 2022 batch. When I booked that variant, it had Cruise Control, which they dropped later and mine does not have it. Did a 3500 KM road trip recently and felt that cruise control would have been a 'nice to have' feature, in an otherwise feature loaded car. And now I see that the 2024 petrol AX5 AT variant gets Cruise Control from factory. So if I get the RHS Cruise Control switch panel and connector, do you guys think it would work? Also, Boodmo did not have the AX7 AT's Cruise Control switch panel in stock, but they have the Scorpio N's RHS switch panel. While the XUV 700's RHS Cruise Control switch has gloss surround, the Scorpio's one has matt black surround. This would match my existing LHS XUV 700 AX5 media switch gear. So using the Scorpio switch panel would be a win, if it works.
So the question is, will the XUV 700 AX7 P AT LHS/ RHS main connector https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-pigt...itch-58189338/ along with the Scorpio N's RHS Cruise Control switch panel https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-swit...y_rh-58253115/ work to enable Cruise Control for me? Or is there anything that needs to be done in the software, by Mahindra? Any help really appreciated.

Last edited by Rohit_Quad : 27th May 2024 at 15:35.
Old 27th May 2024, 16:19   #10109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohit_Quad View Post
So if I get the RHS Cruise Control switch panel and connector, do you guys think it would work? .
In short, the answer is NO. I have an AX5 Diesel AT and have explored every possible route. I managed to get the navigation buttons to work on the cruise control panel, but activating the cruise control requires accessing the BCM programming software, which Mahindra doesn't even provide to its dealers. So, even if you manage the wiring and steering controls, you won’t be able to activate it.

However, you can install Nexcruise, a plug-and-play cruise control system. I've been using it for over a year without any issues. Note: I am not affiliated with Nexcruise. You can find videos of it on YouTube.
sunilsoft is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2024, 20:24   #10110
BHPian

A silly question but have been nagging me for a while. Any recommendation for a keychain that would fit along in the armrest key tray of XUV700. I like to keep the key in the tray instead of jeans pockets while driving long distances. Several keychains I tried are way too big to fit there. While I sure can improvise one, it wouldn’t look nice.

I am looking for something that would look nice and reduce chances of dropping/misplacing the key smaller.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks