Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2021, 22:10   #2926
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

I saw a XUV 7OO on road today. Red looks hot! Surprisingly it looked smaller than the silver shade that I saw last time on road.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20211108_110753.jpg

Those DRLs are a bit too big, aren't they?
PrasannaDhana is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 22:38   #2927
BHPian

Slightly off-topic, mods please remove if inappropriate.

Looks like Mahindra has started their PR work for damage control. What's funny is that Karan Johar seems to have hired the same PR agency

Some exhibits from a few accounts used for the PR work. (There are dozens more) Notice how every account has an emoji attached to their name. Likely fake/paid accounts used solely by PR agencies.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-artboard.jpg

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 8th November 2021 at 22:41.
Tanmay007 is offline   (86) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 22:49   #2928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
...EPB on the non-L AWD variant was clearly mentioned to be included in the older brochure. I still feel you will get it, hold off until allotment and verify during PDI before making any payments. As for Sony system, Mahindra has been clear from the beginning that only L trim has it, no idea why you're expecting it.
I was very clear regarding the Sony Music system. My preference was AWD and not the Sony system, hence the booking of the AWD variants. I was very optimistic regarding the EPB, the old brochure kinda confirmed it too. It is the new one which raised the doubts.

I am thinking on similar lines. Not dispersing a single penny till I get to do a PDI and confirm if the AWD variants are equipped with the EPB.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 8th November 2021 at 23:19. Reason: Broken quote
Old 8th November 2021, 22:51   #2929
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tavarisvalerian View Post
4.) The dealer is not budging on the insurance part (1.2lakhs compared to 70k from external quote) and is willing to give the vehicle to someone else on priority list. Accessories pricing also seems to be higher than the official list. Not sure if I can do anything about this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post
Dealer cannot force you to buy insurance and accessories from him. Ask him to give that in writing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
I am expecting this issue soon as well. My dealer Koncept Delhi is refusing to budge, but my delivery is later this month.
Last month, my friend faced similar issue with Hyundai dealer in Jaipur for purchase of Creta. Dealer was forcing to buy insurance at ~81k, whereas similar was available from outside for less than 40k.

I suggested him following steps and everything worked out smoothly :

1. Keep everything in writing on email. Mark copy to dealership senior staff, OEM ASM/ RSM etc. Nothing verbal. Whatsapp chat also is no good as its usually with SA, a small fry.

2. Do not discuss about insurance quote till end. If already discussed, do not discuss further. In almost all cases, insurance is processed on the day of delivery.

3. Get chassis & engine number and, if possible, some photographs of allotted vehicle. Also, if vehicle PDI can be done, that's best (though may be difficult for vehicles in high demand).

4. Once chassis & engine number (and photographs) are received, send email accepting the purchase (reference chassis-engine number & attaching photographs). Ask for payment details & account details for making payment.

5. Make the payment to dealer (deducting insurance amount and some more, say 10k). Ensure to put remark '<vehicle> purchase' in transaction.

6. Send payment details on email using earlier chain mail and ask for payment confirmation.

7. Once payment confirmation is received, fix the delivery day and time. [Fix morning time for delivery as insurance haggling can take upto an hour or two. After that delivery process also takes somewhere 2~3 hours]

8. Keep a draft email ready mentioning the quote offered by dealer and the one offered by 3rd party. Further, in email draft, mention that :

Quote:
As per IRDAI [Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India] there is no compulsion to buy insurance through vehicle dealer ; and the buyer is at liberty to avail insurance cover of the vehicle from any authorized agency/ service provider as deemed fit.

Therefore, you are requested to either provide a competitive quote for insurance or allow me to get insurance from an agency of my choice. And in any case, do not cancel the vehicle allocation on any false pretense.

IRDAI Webpage link : https://www.policyholder.gov.in/Dos_...Insurance.aspx
9. On the delivery day, reach dealership and ask for the sales manager (not SA) and show the insurance quote that you received. And ask him to either match that or allow you to take insurance from 3rd party. Obviously, he'll deny or even threaten to cancel booking. If this happens, send the above email to all the senior staff at dealership and OEM ASM/RSM. Ask the sales manager to reply on email that taking insurance from dealership is mandatory else booking will be cancelled.

10. In my friend's case, the email triggered discussions within dealership staff (SA/ SM and some senior guys). After ~30mins of internal deliberations, they matched the quote from 3rd party. And during this, my friend snacked on Coffee and biscuits.

11. Do not loose cool or raise voice. Its counter-productive. Be assertive yet respectful. Always address them as 'Sir', 'Aap', it helps. They all are also following directions from their management and trying to make some incentives for themselves.

12. One more point. We had decided that if dealer doesn't budge, my friend will walk out and won't surrender to their demands. Further, we would have explored legal options [not sure what options are available to us, this would have been a new learning journey for us]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
As the car is allocated by Mahindra, I don't think the dealer can assign it to someone else. I would warn the dealer about reporting to Mahindra about any such move.
Mahindra, Hyundai, KIA are all hand-in gloves for this extortion. Though OEMs only make fixed amount of money on each vehicle, such being blind and deaf helps in keeping dealers happy. Which in-turn means allocating lower margins to dealers on upcoming vehicles/ lots and keeping bigger share for self. See, its WIN WIN ; only looser is customer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tavarisvalerian View Post
I was also one of those guys who thought it is not fair for the dealer to strongarm us into accepting his terms, and I have to fight this out.
Fair ?? It's out-right illegal as far as insurance in concerned.

Quote:
But considering few recent developments and my need for a car urgently, has me on the backfoot in considering my options, to the extent that I am okay to pay the premium now as I dont want to wait a few more months for my car.
Not pointing to you particularly, but such 'desires' and 'needs' are the reason that dealers make it their business to extort customers.

Last edited by Aditya : 10th November 2021 at 10:18. Reason: # reference deleted
AutoNoob is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 10:54   #2930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Bear View Post
Further, the amount of discretion the dealer has in terms of pricing the accessories list and insurance is mind blowing. I mean, as customers, who do not even know what the price of a particular accessory is, a dealer can charge anything on it, and we as customers won't even be able to cross-check if the correct price has been set.
Price of Accessories is something that should be standard. It would be great if someone can post the accessories pricelist (if you got already). We should be able to see the difference across dealerships and across states
Old 9th November 2021, 11:14   #2931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
Price of Accessories is something that should be standard. It would be great if someone can post the accessories pricelist (if you got already). We should be able to see the difference across dealerships and across states
m2all website gives a fair idea

https://www.m2all.com/mahindra-genui..._list_limit=36

This list does not have all the accessories but i guess they will come up soon with the complete list
Old 9th November 2021, 11:55   #2932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
It would be great if someone can post the accessories pricelist (if you got already).
This accessory price list was shared here a few pages back. Re-posting it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf XUV700-AccessoryPricing.pdf (1.47 MB, 674 views)

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 9th November 2021 at 11:57.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 12:46   #2933
BHPian

As per communication from Mahindra, the delivery of my AX7 Petrol AT was slated to happen today. Was chasing the dealer (NBS International Andheri, Mumbai) since the past couple of days, getting lame excuses like "staff is busy with Diwali deliveries" and "we will get back to you with proper details on Monday 8th Nov" etc. Called them yesterday, but again no concrete answer. Finally, called them today morning and was told that the vehicle is arriving at their stockyard by today evening. Intimated them that I want to do the PDI tomorrow before moving ahead; was told they would confirm by evening today. Want to take the delivery after completing all formalities on 14th Nov, but that seems impossible now, considering the short timeframe. They are not even ready to discuss the insurance and final pricing yet. Frankly put-off by the callous attitude of the dealership. It's sad that customers have to chase the dealership and not the other way round; look what it's come to!

Last edited by IamNikhil : 9th November 2021 at 12:47. Reason: Typo
IamNikhil is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 13:07   #2934
BHPian

This is sad to hear.
Mahindra did not even provide a 7 seater option in AX5, Petrol AT which I would have gone with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rada View Post
As someone who has booked the AX5 5-seater variant, I have to regretfully inform you that the 2nd row seat in this variant, neither reclines nor does it have the 60/40 split.

The lack of the 60/40 split is not a deal breaker, as this variant will get a huge (1060L?) boot. But lack of 2nd row recline, is definitely very disappointing.

This variant also has no middle arm rest and cup holder for the 2nd row.

I would have happily cancelled and rebooked a higher variant, but for the long waiting period. As such, my allotted delivery date is 21st Dec, 2021. So have decided to bite the bullet and go along with the present variant.
ashua is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 13:26   #2935
BHPian

One of the main reasons for me to book the AX7 variant was the driver drowsiness system.

But a person who as got delivery of AX7 variant commented on a social media group that the system did not work when he was drowsy. Going through the owner manual does not give me much confidence though. I have attached the relevant section of the owners manual.

Some concerns:
  • I was naive to expect infrared monitoring like the nexus. It seems that this system uses steering wheel analysis only.
  • It get activated only after 60 km/hr (and that too after 2 hours?)
  • It has to be manually enabled in the "driver assistance screen" (whatever that means I don't know)
  • It has been specifically mentioned that there will be no alert for micro-sleep
On a side note, it seems this section was directly copied from somewhere as "motorways" word is used which is not usually used in India. So much for "developed for Indian conditions"

Anybody who has taken delivery or used such systems in the past please enlighten us with your comments.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-drowsiness_detection_system.png  

drshajul is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 15:25   #2936
BHPian

Has anyone else faced the issue of involuntary cancellation of the booking as stated in the following tweet :-

https://twitter.com/Tweet_O_Teller/s...jckzz548g&s=19

If this is true, then all those who have been waiting on delivery dates need to be extra cautious.
Monty1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 15:46   #2937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drshajul View Post
[*]It has to be manually enabled in the "driver assistance screen" (whatever that means I don't know)
While I can't help you about other concerns, the 'Driver Drowsiness Alert' can be toggled between on and off in the 'Settings' tab in the Digital MID. Attaching a video for reference (The option to turn it on/off is visible at around 13:30)
quantobigboot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 16:04   #2938
BHPian

Feature deletion already??
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20211109_160207.jpg  

a_chelat is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 16:42   #2939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_chelat View Post
Feature deletion already??
Thank you for sharing this. I am now excited and worried that our car which is to be delivered on December 7th might lose wireless charging. It would be excellent to use with the wireless CarPlay since phone can get charged while we use CarPlay wirelessly. The optimist in me thinks that since Mahindra manufactured a few thousand cars with AWD, we might get the car with wireless charging. The pessimist in me is worried that Mahindra might not be contemplating feature deletion but may have already started removing the feature from November manufactured XUV 7OOs. Can other members pitch in their thoughts? Wireless charging is such a basic feature that is available in even cars like Nissan Magnite, but if a 20,00,000+ rupee car doesn't have even that, it would be a shame.
Old 9th November 2021, 17:13   #2940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
The pessimist in me is worried that Mahindra might not be contemplating feature deletion but may have already started removing the feature from November manufactured XUV 7OOs. Can other members pitch in their thoughts? Wireless charging is such a basic feature that is available in even cars like Nissan Magnite, but if a 20,00,000+ rupee car doesn't have even that, it would be a shame.
I don't think you should worry. They have taken the booking with feature mentioned in the brochure, they are bound to give it in the product. Maybe future versions may have it deleted.
drshajul is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks