Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2021, 16:30   #1831
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Members were proudly disclosing the receipt of SMS or mail confirmation. I did not receive any such thing whereas the M&M salesman called in the morning to inform that my booking was done and confirmed.

So, after lunch, drove up to the dealer and saw the booking details (i.e. OTF no. and variant details) in their system and got a screenshot of the same. Order status shown as Booked; variant AX7 L D AT AWD; Colour - C1MDNGBL.

Base Value - 15.46 Lakhs. Balance consists Taxes, duties and Cess.

Last edited by Sommos : 7th October 2021 at 16:34.
Sommos is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 16:31   #1832
BHPian

Yesterday, I had a look at the XUV7OO at the nearby showroom and since we are planning to replace our 10 year old Innova, we are considering the XUV7OO as well.

Interiors looked beautiful with Merc GLS like screens and felt better than Harrier/Safari twins

Middle row is spacious with adequate leg space and thigh support while the third row is strictly for kids (Innova wins hand down in this)

Build quality is good being a Mahindra vehicle and the boot made with plastic has good build quality I feel

When I went there to see the display vehicle, the showroom guys were changing the battery as the battery came with the car got drained

Wanted to TD the Diesel AT but the dealer told that the Diesel AT TD vehicle will come in a week and presently, the TD vehicles available at the dealership were Petrol MT and AT, Diesel MT.

If we are bound to replace the Innova, then XUV7OO will be the worthy upgrade. We initially considered the Crysta, but with Toyota going greedy in increasing the prices (Crysta ZX AT costs close to 31L OTR, Hyderabad), I felt 7OO is VFM now and I'm not too inclined towards Toyota anymore due to their exorbitant price though I've good experiences with Toyota even today.

My variant pick would be AX7L Diesel AT or AX7 Diesel AT. But, I felt AX7 without L is worth the price as it has ADAS features but what I'm missing in AX7 when compared to AX7L is 360 degree camera (must have feature), 12 speakers sound system by Sony, DVR and a knee airbag (must have).

Will be TD'ing the 7OO Diesel AT as soon as the dealer gets the TD vehicle, which is expected to come in a week or 10 days as per the dealer.

Last edited by car_guy1998 : 7th October 2021 at 16:42.
car_guy1998 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 16:33   #1833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek Menon View Post
It would be interesting to see the revised prices tomorrow. Guess there won't be any major increase atleast for the top end variants but yeah seeing this kind of interest from people, I won't be surprised if they do jack up the prices across all variants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manojah View Post
Also after seeing today's response, expect Mahindra to jake up prices by around 5-10% for the next lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotil View Post
The price would be protected as in any case whenever the delivery happens the prices would have changed 2-3 times, and so it doesn't make any sense at all to have 25K bookings at an introductory price
Quote:
Originally Posted by ask99 View Post
I would also request anyone booking or knowing someone who books tomorrow, to keep us in the loop as to when they eventually get their delivery. That would be a good indicator to how many bookings really went into the first batch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvi View Post
Revised price range- 12.49 to 22.99 lakhs ex-showroom.
Did anybody notice the fine print? A hike again?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-f9430349f35e4220a08ab7a9b9342b89.jpeg  

KapilD is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 16:44   #1834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapilD View Post
Did anybody notice the fine print? A hike again?
This is still pretty good. Price protection to the next 25k bookings as well.
We don't know by when these 50k bookings will be fulfilled, so it makes sense for the manufacturer to charge prevailing prices for the third set of customers.

Really happy to see an Indian homegrown manufacturer achieving these heights. Now only if Mahindra can deliver a relatively niggle-free product with great after sales service, this could be a landmark moment in the Indian automotive scene.
anantpoddar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 16:44   #1835
BHPian

Price hike was oncoming, that is what we all knew.
BUT it will be hiked so soon is what none of us might have expected.
On top of it, next price hike is around the corner already as current hiked prices are ONLY limited to next 25,000 bookings.
No wonder if it increases again tomorrow as next 25k booking may finish up by then.

Now, I am very well convinced that, an year down the line, prices will go up by approx. 2 lakhs.
So the people who are waiting for initial niggles to be sorted will have to pay the price.

Also it won't be the cheapest car in the segment by then.
Not to forget that plastic quality inside cabin is not at all premium by any standards.
Maximum, It's on par with plastic quality of entry level cars from other brands.

Last edited by DriveOnceMore : 7th October 2021 at 16:47.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 16:55   #1836
BHPian

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post

Middle row is spacious with adequate leg space and thigh support while the third row is strictly for kids (Innova wins hand down in this)
If seating comfort in middle and back seats are important along with comfortable ride wouldn't it be a step down from Innova to XUV 700? Unless ofcourse you are now looking for a 5 seater primarily

Last edited by Sheel : 7th October 2021 at 17:23. Reason: Mod note attached.
ssateesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 17:04   #1837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssateesh View Post
If seating comfort in middle and back seats are important along with comfortable ride wouldn't it be a step down from Innova to XUV 700? Unless ofcourse you are now looking for a 5 seater primarily
Yes, it might be a step down from Innova in terms of rear seat comfort as well as Toyota's reliability, but, IMO, the 7OO felt like an upgrade in terms of features and performance figures on paper.

I hope Mahindra's service will be as good as the Toyota's.

We actually don't need a 7 seater as we are a family of 3 but 7OO ticked our boxes. If 7OO purchase plan doesn't go well, we might go for Creta, which is another option for us.

But, if we are planning to purchase the 7OO, I'd rather wait for an year and get one as Mahindra will be fixing the niggles and issues in the vehicle.

Last edited by car_guy1998 : 7th October 2021 at 17:31.
car_guy1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 17:19   #1838
BHPian

I just received a call from the dealer, saying Mahindra have given my number to them as I had the Cart ready but couldn't finish the booking.
He said, I can still go ahead with the booking with the dealer at the launch pricing as my cart was ready.
I think, this is another marketing ploy from Mahindra.
I was all for to book the car, but now don't want to succumb to these pressure tactics and FOMO marketing. I'd rather wait, see the car mature and then opt for facelift with ventilated seats. Anyway, I don't think they have much room to increase AX7 prices
dh.harshal is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 17:20   #1839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
Even then, it won't be a bad idea to keep extra distance while trailing cars like XUV700, Gloster etc. What we see from behind may not necessarily be the same what ADAS sees.
This video is in Tamil, but shows the ADAS in action, check the video time 4:10. It is a lane cutting overtake many does and ADAS may be risky at this situation.

r_devakumar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 17:21   #1840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manojah View Post
Have decided to wait for the next edition of XUV 7oo, after failing to book in the initial 25k lot.

Might as well wait and buy a niggle free product, as new prices would be applicable for tomorrow's bookings.

Also after seeing today's response, expect Mahindra to jake up prices by around 5-10% for the next lot.
I doubt pricing increase will be such a high number %. If we take some variants, that's almost an increase of ₹ 1L or ₹ 2L, even. At those prices, the % of customers/ prospects going ahead for a purchase, I suspect, will severely reduce. I except price increase in the range of ~₹ 20,000 - ₹ 50,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Received an SMS congratulating me on the booking but when I click on the link to track the booking details, it says 'no booking found'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachhaMan10 View Post
Did the SMS include a reference ID?

I too got a email but doesn't have any reference number associated with it.

But the dealer says my booking is done and its under 25k, Also I don't see anything in the portal as well under my bookings.
The sms from 'Team Mahindra' did not have a Booking ID. The link to Mahindra Auto website also isn't reflecting the vehicle & variant in the 'My Bookings' section. I will give it sometime, before I ask the sales contact. I haven't yet got an email from Mahindra officially, yet (sales contact had my email address, verified right).

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP-BHP View Post
New Pricing For Tomorrow at 10 AM. Prices have gone up by approx ₹50,000.

Attachment 2216127
If your attached pricing is true, the revised pricing for AX7 Diesel AT AWD L is still fine, showing just ₹ 10,000 increase. Compared to AX7 Diesel AT AWD (without L) has increased from ₹ 21.09L to ₹ 21.49L, ex-showroom.

Anyone still needing the AX7 Diesel AT AWD L, I think it still makes sense to book tomorrow 08 Oct. And I would suggest try the dealer, based on experiences shared here (rather than oneself, online).

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraViolence View Post
Invest the down payment smartly and it would help compensate any further price revisions till you are ready
Good suggestion. It's what I'd have done, if booking lot 1 was missed. Keep saving till its opportune time again to buy. M&M stock price has also appreciated well, in the last couple of weeks. Invest in their share, make profit, put that into their car.
k_ajay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 17:25   #1841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

This dealership managed 18 bookings in those 57 minutes. Apparently, the dealer servers were also having a lot of trouble in that time.
Looks like everyone was doing fastest finger first
The dealer where I booked in Bangalore was able to secure 700 bookings within 1st 15 mins. They claim that they have the highest booking in South India.
Carz77 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 17:43   #1842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh.harshal View Post
I just received a call from the dealer, saying Mahindra have given my number to them as I had the Cart ready but couldn't finish the booking.
He said, I can still go ahead with the booking with the dealer at the launch pricing as my cart was ready.
I think, this is another marketing ploy from Mahindra.
I was all for to book the car, but now don't want to succumb to these pressure tactics and FOMO marketing. I'd rather wait, see the car mature and then opt for facelift with ventilated seats. Anyway, I don't think they have much room to increase AX7 prices
I too received a similar call from the Dealer. They informed me that the original price offered to initial 25000 bookings would be locked for me. I have asked them to give me in writing about the price locking they are promising. They also informed me about the 3 years free RSA along with the booking.
bill1182 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 17:45   #1843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carz77 View Post
The dealer where I booked in Bangalore was able to secure 700 bookings within 1st 15 mins. They claim that they have the highest booking in South India.
I know which one you are referring to (I booked there too). They had a team of 30ppl to do the data entry (as I heard from them).
Old 7th October 2021, 18:00   #1844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carz77 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sks_Biker View Post
I know which one you are referring to (I booked there too). They had a team of 30ppl to do the data entry (as I heard from them).
I too booked AX7 D MT from one of the dealers in Bangalore. I got an email regarding the confirmation of booking at 10:20AM but it didnt have reference ID. When I messaged the dealer on the same he said I will be getting the reference number soon but the booking is done and this falls under 25000.

Did any of you got the reference number?
Old 7th October 2021, 18:05   #1845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
This video is in Tamil, but shows the ADAS in action, check the video time 4:10. It is a lane cutting overtake many does and ADAS may be risky at this situation.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=ZZqnb-D_bJ4
While his points do appear to be valid, what strikes me is did he turn on his indicators while changing lanes or overtaking or did he do it like most do, without them? if ADAS and LKA kicks in despite using the indicators then definitely it is a cause for concern.

If not anything, this feature may only make us better and more responsible drivers forcing to switch on indicators when overtaking or switching lanes if that temporarily disables it!
normaltusker is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks