Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2022, 12:29   #121
BHPian

Re: Red Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
And an update on the volume settings.
  • The seat belt warning sound and the overspeed warning sound volume can't be user controlled. It's set to a default value and not user configurable.
I was looking up Code 6 Tuning on Instagram after I saw this post - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post5224282 (Disabling the 80 / 120 kmph speed warning alerts)

Looks like they are in Coimbatore as well. Maybe worth a try? Do keep us posted on this issue. Fingers crossed we have a solution before I take delivery of my XUV700 sometime in July/August
a_chelat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 14:30   #122

One silly doubt, my XUV700 AX7 L Pt AT doesn’t have an AdrenoX logo stuck on the bottom left corner of the infotainment display. Does anyone else have a similar issue? And does this mean anything or is it just a minor issue where the sticker was not placed by mistake ?
Old 9th January 2022, 22:39   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_304 View Post
One silly doubt, my XUV700 AX7 L Pt AT doesn’t have an AdrenoX logo stuck on the bottom left corner of the infotainment display. Does anyone else have a similar issue? And does this mean anything or is it just a minor issue where the sticker was not placed by mistake ?
Saw this issue being reported in many TD cars. Please take this up with the dealer without delay.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 23:10   #124

Ok, but the door panels are not wooden and also during PDI the car had just 50Kms on the odometer. I also checked the trip details on the adrenox app and found no extra trips prior to delivery.

Last edited by bblost : 9th January 2022 at 23:19. Reason: Capitalized the first letter and added punctuation.
Old 10th January 2022, 23:38   #125

Quote:
Ok, but the door panels are not wooden and also during PDI the car had just 50Kms on the odometer. I also checked the trip details on the adrenox app and found no extra trips prior to delivery.
You can inspect your car's VIN for getting an idea about the manufacturing month of the vehicle.
(There are various guides available for the same on the internet)

Alternatively, if you've got your vehicle registered already, the Month & Year of Manufacturing might also have been mentioned on your RC.

If your car is manufactured in October 2021 or later, it can not be a TD or media vehicle.
talha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2022, 13:11   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I had been talking to the SA at my dealership about installing a SD card for recoding and he indicated that they installed on the demo vehicle and asked me to come in......
It's been more than few weeks now - you are one of the early buyers/ owners on the forum. Curious to hear your updates on the car. How are things? All fine - any new issues observed, good or bad?

We hope you are enjoying your car and been able to put it to some use. Please keep the thread updated whenever you get the chance
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 00:03   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Pretty sure Mahindra has gotten rid of the logo. If you check out the internal 360 view on their website, you'll notice there's no logo on the screen anymore. I believe newly manufactured vehicles should come without the logo. This should also means the official screen protector will fit well.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 09:45   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
It's been more than few weeks now - you are one of the early buyers/ owners on the forum. Curious to hear your updates on the car. How are things? All fine - any new issues observed, good or bad?

We hope you are enjoying your car and been able to put it to some use. Please keep the thread updated whenever you get the chance

@abirnale, me and the car were grounded for almost a month. OMICRON !
Incidentally took the car for a spin couple of days back. It's always a pleasure driving this one. No mechanical problems at all. Not yet.

However the same software issues/niggles persist.

Some observations

The tyres loose air more, when the vehicle is parked for days. Not so much while driving.

The car was under the wraps/car cover for almost a month and the OEM car cover had done a fantastic job. There was hardly any dust on the car. Also the dew/mist didn't seep through the cover. And so yeah, the car cover has exceeded my expectations.
Mudhalaipatti is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 20:38   #129
BHPian

Congratulations on your XUV! Your ownership review has been of a great help to us. We have taken the delivery of ours recently and wanted to install a dashcam. Have you installed one yet? Any recommendations in 1.5-2k range? I am ready to gamble on an inexpensive one.
Can you also please tell about quality of the car cover from m2all? Is it better than aftermarket alternatives?
The official one doesn't have a seperate pocket for antenna whereas aftermarket options do.

Last edited by quantobigboot : 26th January 2022 at 20:44. Reason: Added a few lines
Old 28th January 2022, 10:19   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantobigboot View Post
Congratulations on your XUV! Your ownership review has been of a great help to us. We have taken the delivery of ours recently and wanted to install a dashcam. Have you installed one yet? Any recommendations in 1.5-2k range? I am ready to gamble on an inexpensive one.
Can you also please tell about quality of the car cover from m2all? Is it better than aftermarket alternatives?
The official one doesn't have a seperate pocket for antenna whereas aftermarket options do.
Thank you @quantobigboot. I wanted a dual dash cam with park mode recording. Not satisfied with any offering I see in Amazon.

And the car cover is from m2all has exceeded my expectations so far. And when you say antenna, do you meant he shark fin antenna. That doesn't really need a pocket, does it. The m2all cover covers it, albeit a small bump. If you notice from above, you may think XUV700 is having a boner.
Mudhalaipatti is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th February 2022, 10:28   #131
BHPian

3000 km Update

FE - City driving FE has improved to 10.5 kmpl from the earlier 9.4 kmpl. No highway runs so far. Will update in the next 2 weeks, once I complete the next 1000 km.

Software Niggles
  1. Volume Issue - I understand that the infotainment bug, where the volume goes to it's own high, every time you start your car and the sound field position going to left top, (despite centering it), is a bug across all vehicles. Surprising that Mahindra hasn't rolled out a fix for such a simple issue.
  2. Info Menu - Using the steering wheel buttons to navigate option, is still an issue. Again surprising that despite months, the issue is not fixed.
  3. Star/Stop Option - I want the start/stop option not to be turned on by default. There doesn't seem to be a provision to set it to "OFF". I hate it when the engine turns off during traffic stops. I understand it's to save fuel, but then the AC gets cutoff and it's not very pleasant couple of minutes. I should at least have an option to turn it off by default.
  4. Adrenox Fuel Log - The app, on all occasions has showed incorrect numbers when filling fuel. I had to manually edit the record to correct it. However last time, the app didn't recognise the fuel being filled at all. And there's no provision to add a record manually in the App. *Duh**. 1 missed fuel log and a messed up metrics here on in the app.
  5. Mahindra, where is the Android Auto and Apple Car Play that was promised months ago. Not that I miss it, But the infotainment seems incomplete with "Coming Soon" for so long. It's been almost 5 months Mahindra.
  6. While there's an option to customise the Infotainment layout, clocking on it doesn't allow you to rearrange the layout. How lame !

Mechanical Niggles
This one is interesting. I didn't experience it during the first 2 months, now it's popping up every now and then. The boot door even when closed properly is showing up as not closed in the menu screen and also I get a Adrenox warning. I have to slam shut the door like a lorry door to make it go away. I suspect it is to do with a malfunctioning sensor. I don't want to wank this beauty !

Other than this one issue, the vehicle is mechanically great. No other issues to report.

Noteworthy Mentions

Hey whoo.....there are now at least half a dozen 700s in Trichy and there's on Red one as well. My car wouldn't be picked up on anymore. Or at least I hope.
I saw the red one coming behind me and oh boy, that was the first time, I saw the red one from outside being driven and boy does it have a phenomenal road presence.

And this means, the vehicle hasn't been vandalised in over a month. That's a clear one month run.

The white/beige seats are highly prone to stains. I missed cleaning it for a month and now I'm having to spend 15 mins everyday to take out the built-up dirt. Suggest you clean the seats at least once a week. Wish Mahindra had other seat color options.

I have settled to a cleaning routine and that is a weekly one, where I pressure wash with foam canon, wheel well cleaning and floor mat cleaning(the noodle mat). I use a wash mitten only when there's dried up, stubborn dirt. Otherwise the pressure washer and the Meg Water Magnet does the job.

On one such occasion, I took out the OEM mat from the 2nd row and noticed that the mat had all along been blocking the AC vents under the driver side seat.

Before

Red Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review-before.jpg

After

Red Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review-after.jpg

Now the AC is a little bit more effective. But still not as great as the XUV5OO.

The sunroof opens with one touch, which is fine. But sometime it closes with one touch and most times doesn't and I have to keep pressing the button till it closes fully. Haven't figured out as to when that elusive one touch close works. The buttons on this one, seem very touchy.

I keep all my ADAS systems off. The only two on automatic mode are Auto Wiper and Auto Headlamps. I'll try to turn on ADAS and Auto Dimming function in my upcoming highway run, before making a decision either ways.

I barely use the maps in the Infotainment. We have got so used to our phone navigation, that I barely use it. Also the user input in our phones is much better than the user input on the Infotainment system.

And once again, I still can't believe that this is a Mahindra built vehicle. The build quality, general handling is phenomenal.

Last edited by Mudhalaipatti : 12th February 2022 at 10:35.
Mudhalaipatti is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th February 2022, 21:19   #132
BHPian

What an embarrassment today at the service centre !!!!

Over the weekend, during the long drive, the family remarked that the music volume doesn't reach the last row and that the speakers don't seem to work. I was like, yeah it should. Take it to the service centre today and I being pretty "famous", the whole crew is on the floor. After almost a 10 mins of hush hush conversation between the folks, the Service Manager comes up to me and these are his exact words verbatim - "Sir, as you might know AX7 has only 6 speakers (shows the physical speakers) and the one on the dashboard and at the last row as woofer/subwoofer systems and not really speakers. In the past, you made us aware of things in the 700, that we were not informed off and when you mentioned this over phone, we thought this was another such instance. We had to contact Mahindra, go over the manual/training doc to confirm sir. That's why we wanted to inspect the vehicle in person. Otherwise we would have informed this over the phone itself"

I then was searching for a rock to hide under !

Red Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review-front-woofer.jpegRed Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review-subwoofer.jpeg

Anyway, the chief mechanic, who is on "hey bro" terms was laughing with me after the village left the floor and he remarked that I could get the long pending software update done, while I search for a rock to hide under. And so my version jumps from 06.00.82 to 07.00.12. That's a weird software versioning btw.

Red Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review-old-software-version.jpegRed Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review-new-software-update.jpeg

Anyway there were two updates. One they call it "The Software" which gets updated via a USB drive. I'm guessing this updates the Infotainment/MID etc.

Red Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review-flashing.jpegRed Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review-software-update.jpeg

And then the next update is a wired update, that updates the MCU/20 odd ECU control units via the OBD2 port.

Pics from earlier visit
Red Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review-mcu1.jpegRed Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review-obd1.jpegRed Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review-ob2.jpegRed Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review-ob3.jpeg

In all the process took about 20 mins. They disconnect the battery after one step is completed. Didn't ask why though. Next time perhaps.

The interesting part after the MCU update was the vehicle wouldn't crank. The chief mechanic was least worried and was trying to crank for like half a dozen times and remarked that that's how it works ! I'm glad he didn't have to tilt the vehicle to 45 degrees.

And now. the hill hold error keeps popping up now and then. I have to restart to make it go away. But looks like a bug in this version. I didn't have this issue in the earlier version.

Red Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review-hill-hold-warning.jpeg

And one gorgeous photo of the beauty from the last highway run.

Red Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review-top-view.jpg

During my routine Saturday cleaning, this beading came off. Don't know if this was dislodged earlier or I managed to do it while I was cleaning the engine bay today. Hoping the water runoff is not affected.

Red Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review-beading-intact.jpegRed Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review-damaged-beading.jpeg

Also I notice the battery acid beginning to spill.

Red Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review-battery-spilling.jpeg

Any suggestions on cleaning the engine bay. I know power washing the engine bay is a no-no.

Just under the driver seat, you can get to see the floor padding on the vehicle. One of the reasons why this vehicle sounds so quiet.
Red Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review-padding-view.jpegRed Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review-closer-padding.jpeg

So nice touches here and there like this illuminated USB Type C charging port. I use my mag charger with this port.
Red Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review-illuminated-typec-charging.jpeg

Last edited by Mudhalaipatti : 26th February 2022 at 21:23.
Mudhalaipatti is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 18:53   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you and here you go -> https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B09KY9ZRS4?psc=1.

(Not sure if this breaks forum rules. If this post gets deleted, I shall PM you the link)
Hey @Mudhalaipatti

Great thread. The screen guard post of yours inspired me to get one too.

However, I had a few doubts if you could solve them. The Amazon link that you attached, is it a tempered glass or a screen guard?

If it's a screen guard, M2All is offering a better deal at ₹690 vs this at ₹799

Also, does this come in a matte finish? If yes, does it hamper the screen experience in any way?
rnkgrg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 19:08   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Also I notice the battery acid beginning to spill.
That doesn't look like acid spill, it appears to be molten petroleum jelly applied on the terminals due to engine room heat.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 20:10   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnkgrg View Post
Hey @Mudhalaipatti
attached, is it a tempered glass or a screen guard?

Also, does this come in a matte finish? If yes, does it hamper the screen experience in any way?
The screen guard is huge and so it has to be thick, which makes this an "almost-tempered-glass".

It's not a matte finish as far as I can tell and no it doesn't affect usability in anyway. On the other hand, this screen protects the underlying screen from the dust particles seeping in to the cabin.
Mudhalaipatti is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks