Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2021, 14:10   #16
BHPian

Re: Red Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review

Congrats on the new XUV700. Nice color choice and pretty sure this car is loaded to the brim. But being a Mahindra, till the 1st facelift, niggles become a part of the car. The same happened even with Thar and XUV500. Nice puns too.

Regarding the data privacy, I think we've lost it long ago with UIDAI and almost every Android phone having full access to your data. Yep, M&M needs to be transparent in how data is protected and by whom it can be accessed. Even a supermarket nowadays asks for your phone number and I refuse to give it as they can use to sell your data.

One thing which I feel M&M could have come up is with cruise control for AX3 upwards. In such a technologically loaded car, with highway pedigree. and multiple screens, a simple cruise control wouldn't cost more than 2k at the assembly line. Even Safari offers it from the XT variant onwards. Also, they could have given an AX5 with TPMS and no sun roof . That would save a solid 6L instead of going for the top of the line AX7L Opt which retails at 30L in Bangalore.

Last edited by jithin23 : 16th November 2021 at 14:12. Reason: Added content
jithin23 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 14:18   #17
BHPian

Excellent review. I've been checking TeamBHP every day hoping to see one on THE 7OO, haha!

Just one question: How long was the waiting period?
lordtottuu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 14:30   #18
BHPian

Wonderful review. Congratulations! Red looks stunning from all angles. Wish you lakhs of happy miles with your red rage.

I would also like to know the current waiting period in Hyderabad for 700 and Thar. If anyone has information, kindly share.
sreddyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 14:37   #19
BHPian

Wow. Just brilliant.
This is what is best about Team-BHP ownership reviews, real-life, fun reviews.

I would like to extend 2 questions of my own.
1. Kindly keep track of the fuel economy figures as many petrol enthusiasts are waiting eagerly for an owner's take. 10 kmpl for a new vehicle of such a size is decent.
I believe it should improve to 11-12. That means Petrol Auto should 9-10kmpl. Again acceptable range for city/highway average. For highway only I expect it go 14 plus kmpl easily with 90-100kmph speeds.
2. I too noticed that thudding that you mentioned. I did hear a lot of chatter that this will be improved further down the line. I hope it does for the prospective customers. My question is did you try 30 psi. I know they recommend 34/35 psi. But heck, each time I lower the pressure to around 30 psi, the ride becomes much more pliant. By the way, I drive a new gen Scorpio '14/15 for reference.

The red colour gives another character to the car. Congrats again.
fazalmirza is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 15:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

FE figures are just astonishing! My NA 1.5 automatic hatch delivers about 10 to 12 in city and 14 to 15 on the highway (Tankful method).

Glad to see M&M being proactive in fixing niggles, this is where Tata lost me as a customer.
giri1.8 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 15:10   #21
BHPian

Congratulations on an early access to the most sought after car today in India, Mudhalaipatti!

The red color looks great on the XUV700- did not think earlier that it would but it is.

Whenever it is Mahindra, it is niggles, and surprisingly, i do not see any major ones that you have reported. Looks like Mahindra has done their homework this time round, and why not, XUV700 is their strongest punch up to date. Thisis a make or break vehicle for them.

Your fuel efficiency is great too. Who would have thought a 200 bhp petrol would give double digit efficiency? Kudos to Mahindra for providing a powerful+ efficient petrol option to us. The Skoda Kodiaq also may turn out powerful and efficient, but then the Mahindra is available from 1/3rd the price of a Kodiaq.

As Ramnaresh mentioned, PPF/cermaic and extended warranty should be must haves!

Congratulations once again, and look forward to more pics and a very active thread from your side!
achyutaghosh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 18:34   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
Pre Car Buying
Some old timers may recollect me as the owner of a Red XUV5OO from a long time ago. My ownership experience was short-lived
XUV700 Front and Rear Mud Flap Kit (Set of 4) - ₹600.00
Illuminated Scuff Plates & 7D Fluned.

Congratulations on ur new steed
Awesome compilation
Wishing u miles and miles of happiness
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 20:49   #23
BHPian

Many congratulations on your new ride. Wish you miles and miles of happiness.

First XUV 700 of TN and of TBHP

Your style of review writing is very interesting and a good read.

Very happy to see the prompt and proactive service by M&M to fix the software issues
sukhoi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 21:02   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on the new acquisition! This is the great review and many folks are looking forward to getting more insights from your ownership. Please keep them coming in

A question: What you mentioned about suspension and potholes experience - can you add more details on what happens in the loaded car situation. I am curious to see if you have 7 people onboard, going over typical unpaved village roads, does the car "bottom out" or its the springs that are fully compressed and left with no more travel distance on them? On my car XUV5OO, I have done multiple drives with 5 people and full of heavy weight in the boot (the bags of grains like Jowar and Wheat we source from my home town on our trips) and never had any issues with crossing over the nastiest of the speed breakers on NH48 or the under construction deviations existed there few months ago (about 29 deviations!). The car was at home on all these stretches. Event the caters I crossed while the Anmod Ghat was in superbly bad shape, the car not even once touched the bottom to the ground surface at any place. I don't exactly "baby" the car but I am generally careful of picking the driving line to go over such bad roads.

More insights on this would be helpful.

Wishing you many more happy (s)miles on the new acquisition!
abirnale is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 21:06   #25
BHPian

Congratulations Mudhalaipatti on bringing home the hottest car in India currently !

For the pleasure this one gives, may be Red Bull name is more appropriate

I also feel Red color looks best on XUV700. I have a XUV700 booked and I wanted to book Red but the home ministry insisted (vetoed) on booking a Midnight black. Also, I booked a diesel fearing low single digit fuel efficiency of petrol but what a pleasant surprise it is to see it giving double digits. This has put myself in dilemma whether to now change to petrol as my running is quite less but given the waiting times I will continue with diesel.

Congratulations once again and please keep more pics, vidoes, updates coming on the thread and wish you a very happy mile crunching !
viscosity is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 21:11   #26
BHPian

Thanks for the great write up on the 7-o-o.
I am in the market for a 7 seater with priority being ride comfort, usable 3rd row, and enough room for luggage.
I could fit in only ertiga /xl6 and Carnival for the combination of above 3.
The 3rd row in 7-o-o was a letdown for me. Would very much like to get your opinion in the above aspect on 7-o-o via-a-vis the other contenders.
careind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 21:20   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Mudhalaipatti on getting the first XUV 700 in TN, and more importantly from our perspective, posting the first XUV700 review on Team BHP. Having seen how diesel obsessed TN usually is, I am pleasantly surprised to find the first car delivered in TN is a Petrol. Please do keep this thread updated, both for the benefit of those BHPians in the queue to buy this car, and those of us who are mere bystanders for the time being.

Glad to see that the car does not seem to have arrived with any major niggle - and at how proactive Mahindra have been in fixing software bugs. I do hope there is a way for the owner to disable the front dash cam, screen recording, logging of vehicle speeds etc - all of these are great when you give the car to your driver or young kids - but a terrible violation of privacy if you are being logged without your consent. Do post once you figure how to disable the same.

All the best and hope this gives you many many miles of niggle free service.
Hayek is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 21:55   #28
BHPian

Congratulations for your new XUV 7oh oh.

Really enjoyed reading every sentence of it.Massaged my face later to remove temporary wrinkles

It was very crisp yet thorough about all essential details of first ever detailed owner review of petrol model.

Eagerly waiting for your other updates mentioned in reviews.

Many thought Red was least booked colour, but after seeing yours, some will think of changing their colour as it looks so smashing.

Enjoy the mean machine & keep us all posted in your unique style.

Last edited by Vijay T : 16th November 2021 at 21:57. Reason: Added model word after petrol.
Vijay T is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 23:09   #29
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new car. Wishing you many miles of happy and safe motoring.

Thank you for putting down your initial impressions with the car in detail. For most part of the review, I thought I was going through a gadget review . So much for electronics in a car. Being an early adopter of telematics and stuffs in the form of Seltos, let me caution you not to worry on the functioning of the umpteen features and gimmickry they've loaded into the car. Most of these would be half baked and wouldn't have gone through rigorous testing and hence do expect all sort of teething issues. In fact Kia even after two years of launch is still cooking their UVO and it's connectivity features.

As long as the plethora of electronics doesn't interfere with the basic functioning(read don't keep you stranded) of the car, one need not lose sleep over it. In the next few months, you would be a torch bearer on many of these things. Enjoy the car part in your car more - the engine, the gear box, it's dynamics etc.

Also be sure to disable any thing and everything in front of your "TV screen" that can distract you while you're at the wheels. That's the first thing I did with Seltos.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 16th November 2021 at 23:22.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 23:36   #30
BHPian

Congrats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
Pre Car Buying
Some old timers may recollect me as the owner of a Red XUV5OO from a long time ago. My ownership experience was short-lived as I had to fly off to a far off land for almost a decade. This pandemic was already shifting some of my priorities, when a personal encounter with Mr.COVID and life flashing before my eyes, made me realize that I should donate at least 20L to an Indian Car Manufacturer.
Just saying - A very large %% chunk of 20L will go to the pockets of the Gov directly and indirectly, not the manufacturer. Hope gov make good use of the money.

Last edited by aerohit : 16th November 2021 at 23:46.
aerohit is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks