Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2021, 18:55   #46
BHPian

Re: Red Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kachamohan View Post
....curious to know whether the above mentioned 18k by you is for 1 year or 2 years?
It appears it's a 3 year Extended Warranty for 24K. The initial quote was for a year. Mahindra is so confident on the sensors and electronics that they are not covered in warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snallagatla View Post
@snallagatla is absolutely right. It's the government's decision. Dealer has no say on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
.... Just a quick question on mileage. Was it based on tank file method or as per the ODO.
It was based on tank filling method. I'll update as more wallets are burned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin1397 View Post
....you would expect it to have auto-diming IRVMs. I am nitpicking at this point, but at that price point, you would expect it.
Don't even get me started on this @ashwin1397. I was speaking to some Mahindra folks and they candidly mentioned that this was Mahindra's way of feature separation. . I know airbags were once a luxury 'feature'. Things that I'm mighty pissed off are the following, even on the AX7
  • Automatic Door Handles.
  • Vanity Mirror Lamp.
  • Telescopic Steering Wheel Adjustment.
  • Headrest height adjustment
  • Auto dimming IRVM

Others like 360 Camera, Sentry Mode, Continuous Recording, Sony 12 Speaker Setup, Remote Start, Remote AC etall being reserved for AXL Variant is understandable. Imagine the plight of AX3 and Ax5 customers. Ordering a car to drive like a bullock cart.

Last edited by Aditya : 24th November 2021 at 07:52. Reason: Extra smiley deleted
Mudhalaipatti is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 19:08   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
It was based on tank filling method. I'll update as more wallets are burned.
Wow! That's a fantastic mileage for such a powerful car.
Jude300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 19:26   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Don't even get me started on this @ashwin1397. I was speaking to some Mahindra folks and they candidly mentioned that this was Mahindra's way of feature separation. . I know airbags were once a luxury 'feature'. Things that I'm mighty pissed off are the following, even on the AX7
  • Vanity Mirror Lamp.
  • Auto dimming IRVM

Others like 360 Camera, Sentry Mode, Continuous Recording, Sony 12 Speaker Setup, Remote Start, Remote AC etall being reserved for AXL Variant is understandable. Imagine the plight of AX3 and Ax5 customers. Ordering a car to drive like a bullock cart
I understand Luxury pack is available only for AX7 variant. Does anybody know if Electrical Door handles can be added as accessories? I don't find them in official accessories list though.
snallagatla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 23:52   #49
BHPian

Quote:
  • Vanity Mirror Lamp.
  • Auto dimming IRVM

Others like 360 Camera, Sentry Mode, Continuous Recording, Sony 12 Speaker Setup, Remote Start, Remote AC etall being reserved for AXL Variant is understandable. Imagine the plight of AX3 and Ax5 customers. Ordering a car to drive like a bullock cart
I totally agree with your list! When you put it out like that, those features actually come out basic. Just out of curiosity, how does ADAS perform? On my Volvo, whenever I go on a narrow street, the car used to start applying brakes whenever a two-wheeler came anywhere near the vicinity of my car. I had to turn it off or set it to low. Not sure how useful these features will be.
ashwin1397 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 14:58   #50

Congratulations and red looks lovely. Happy and safe driving. Hope you have taken extended warranty as with these many sensors and M&M prone to niggles specially in the first batch.
Old 19th November 2021, 15:54   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snallagatla View Post
Does anybody know if Electrical Door handles can be added as accessories? I don't find them in official accessories list though.
I don't think that's an option, at least not yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin1397 View Post
.... how does ADAS perform? ...
I have most of the features turned off for now. Especially with the heavens opening up, it demanded a leap of faith to have this on. I'll report once the roads are not rivers anymore and I muster up the courage to trust the ADAS features.

Btw, I wanted to clarify my initial observations on the head rest adjustments. I jumped the gun. My apologies Mahindra. This setup seems just about right.
The first two seats gets 4 levels of adjustments.Red Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review-hradj1.jpeg
The Second row seats get 2 levels of adjustments.Red Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review-hradj2.jpeg
And the third row gets only one level.

The second row seats get a little bit of recline. See the maximum recline here.
Red Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review-recline.jpg

I'm discovering nice little software touches every now and then. One such is the progressive display of speed numbers and Taco numbers. When the vehicle is idle, you only get to see the first number light up. In the case of the speedometer, the number 20 is lit up, while the next increment 40 is barely visible and all other numbers are hidden.Red Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review-speedo.jpeg

Similarly for the Tachometer, 0 is displayed and 1 is barely visible. Further numbers light up when the rev goes up. Red Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review-taco.jpeg

Sweet
PS : I'll remove the protective cover in a few days and hopefully use my real camera using CPL to filter out the glare/reflection, to get you better pics.

Here is the interesting bit about acceleration, up shift sweet spot and a peculiar phenomenon. The display suggests to shift up around the 2K rpm mark. However when you are around the 1500-1700 rpm mark, the vehicle behaves a tad differently. I'll try my best to explain what I feel and the experts can suggest if it's an issue. What I'm trying to explain is barely noticeable and one has to be a nitpicker. Anyway, if I'm in the 3rd gear and accelerating. Accelerating slowly. And the rpm moves out of the 1500 range in to the 1500-1700 range, the vehicle shudders, wee bit, as if it's stalling. You know when you are in a higher gear and are going slow, the vehicle shudders. Well it's not so prominent. As I said its barely noticeable. But for the problem finder in me, I can feel a light, very light shudder. As soon as you cross the 1700 mark and in to 2K rpm territory, it's all fine and the vehicle feels like a rocket. This phenomenon is noticeable only in the 3rd gear and beyond. I may be making a noise about nothing. But if the experts can shed some light, this topic and the nitpicker can be put to rest.

Moving on the other aspect of the car, that I wanted to talk about. The so called "Smart Air Filter". As it was raining for the most part, the environment/air was mostly clean and the cabin air felt fresh as well. The real test of the AirCon came today, with the sun being out, roads heated up and the desert storm started. To set a reference point, I ventured out in a two wheeler for 15 mins and came back shaking off a kg of sand from my head. The almighty remarked "Is that from the inside or outside". Shaking off that comment as well, took the Red Rage out on the same roads, with a lot more dirt kicking up the roads. The cabin air felt absolutely fresh as always. The level of air filtering or sand filtering this smart filter is doing is pretty good. However, there's a catch here. I almost, always drive with all windows shut and on ACON always. So there's no possibility of open window dust pouring in. And so how do I account for these tiny specs of dust all over the car. Red Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review-dust.jpeg

Its more prominent on the black glossy finishes. I cleaned the interiors just yesterday and so these dust particles must be from the trip today. I shouldn't be comparing the Tesla HEPA Air Filter with this one, but would be interesting to see what filter does XUV7OO really uses. Especially after this claim..

Last edited by Mudhalaipatti : 19th November 2021 at 15:58.
Mudhalaipatti is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 17:33   #52

Congratulations on your new XUV7OO!!! Very well written review, thank you. I’m getting mine delivered tomorrow and I had one query regarding the incidental charges of 5900 levied to customers. I came across a court ruling which says customers can’t be charged the incidental charge and one can approach the court in case one is forced to pay. I’m sharing the link below. If anyone has any idea regarding this please shed some light . Thank you.

https://www.newindianexpress.com/cit...er-664098.html
Ajay_304 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 21:23   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_304 View Post
I’m getting mine delivered tomorrow and I had one query regarding the incidental charges of 5900 levied to customers. I came across a court ruling which says customers can’t be charged the incidental charge and one can approach the court in case one is forced to pay.

https://www.newindianexpress.com/cit...er-664098.html
Yes, incidental/handling charges are entirely illegal and you should raise hell with Mahindra Customer Care and the higher-ups at your dealership. Do not fall for such cheating tactics by the dealer. If a customer raises his voice, the company will intervene and get this waived-off. More often than not, gullible customers pay these charges without any knowledge and this is what emboldens the dealers.
IamNikhil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 21:32   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_304 View Post
I’m getting mine delivered tomorrow and I had one query regarding the incidental charges of 5900 levied to customers. I came across a court ruling which says customers can’t be charged the incidental charge and one can approach the court in case one is forced to pay.
I went through the same thing with India Garage in Bangalore for XUV 300. They quoted incidental charges of 7080. Did all the escalations and discussions with higher management but it was a no go. However they did relent a bit by providing accessories worth 6000 free of cost. Got car cover, sun shades, parcel tray and door visors.
amay1283 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 18:16   #55
BHPian

Guys, I was quoted 6L for PPF and there was no option for part covering. Instead I was offered 55k for exterior nano coating and 15k for interior nano coating. Is this reasonable ?

And I can’t believe that there has not been any mechanical niggles with the vehicle so far. Driving has been great so far.

When I drove the 500 around, every head would turn. This vehicle turns 1 in 5. But the road presence this vehicle commands is awesome.
Mudhalaipatti is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 19:05   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, I was quoted 6L for PPF and there was no option for part covering.
6L for PPF is the dictionary definition of INSANE! The average cost for PPF ranges between 1.25-1.75L. What kind of PPF cover commands a super-ultra premium of 6L? One can buy a hatchback in that price!

Also, almost every detailing service offers part-covering. Not everyone wants to drape their entire car; most people usually only want PPF for critical touchpoints of the car.

Last edited by IamNikhil : 22nd November 2021 at 19:06. Reason: Added text
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 19:15   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, I was quoted 6L for PPF and there was no option for part covering. Instead I was offered 55k for exterior nano coating and 15k for interior nano coating. Is this reasonable ?
Around 1500-2000 INR will get you a wash and wax package, do this once in 6 months and you are good to go. Paint is most likely BASF Glasurit , it needs no protection whatsoever.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 21:54   #58

I had ceramic coating for my jaguar done for 40 thousand (outer), compared to that 6l for ppf which for a creta would cost around 1.5l seems a little excessive.

Last edited by Murali1656 : 22nd November 2021 at 21:55. Reason: Spelling mistake
Murali1656 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 22:32   #59
BHPian

Quote:
I asked a quote for full body PPF for my yet to be delivered Mahindra XUV700 and the detailing place (Detailing Bull) quoted around:
  1. ₹85,000 - Pro Series - TPH Material, No self-healing properties, thickness 120mm, Life - 3 to 4 years
  2. ₹1,00,000 - Prime Series - TPU Material, Self-Healing, Thickness 193 mm, Life - 5 to 6 years

I asked them if they do part covering since I wanted only the front bumper covered and they replied in the affirmative. Then, I asked for the cost of Ceramic Coating which was - ₹27,000 (for the 3 year package)

The ceramic coating entails:
  1. Exterior 10H ceramic nano Coating
  2. Glass ceramic nano Coating
  3. Alloys ceramic nano Coating

Interior nano coating, as per them, costs extra. However, they said, they would give me the same as complimentary. Overall, the total cost for Interior+Exterior Ceramic Coating (₹27,000), plus front bumper PPF (₹3,000) came to ₹30,000. I'd advise you to look at other detailing centres, check their reviews and then decide. I'm going to be using Detailing Bull's service. Now, all that's left is for the XUV700 to arrive, which I guess won't be delivered before 2022 but content to wait, no rush
wadewilson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 09:41   #60
BHPian

Quote:

And I can’t believe that there has not been any mechanical niggles with the vehicle so far. Driving has been great so far.

When I drove the 500 around, every head would turn. This vehicle turns 1 in 5. But the road presence this vehicle commands is awesome.
Whosoever this "detailer" is, he clearly is taking you for a ride. Full body PPF from any reputed top-of-the-line PPF for a car as huge as a BMW X7 won't cost more than 2.5 lacs.

Also what exactly is he selling in the name of "Nano coating"? What are the products that he's using? Also, most detailers offer the option for part PPF wherein body panels of your choice are protected with PPF and are charged as per actuals. Costing would be taken on the basis of PPF used in covering a particular panel (measured in sq.ft).
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks