Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2021, 21:06   #3586
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Update:
Received a call from the dealer today. The woman downright refused to allow me for PDI at the stockyard. Also mentioned that they share VIN details only once they receive full payment. Made it extremely clear to her that I will not pay a single rupee unless I see the car myself and that too at the stockyard! She mentioned that they will get the car to the showroom from the stockyard in case I'm really insistent. Now, the distance between the showroom and the stockyard (on the outskirts of Mumbai) is about 33 kms one way. Point to note also is that the fitment of accessories as informed by the dealer earlier happens at the stockyard and not at the dealership, due to space constraints. So, if the car is brought down to the dealership for my visit, they will drive it back all the way to the stockyard again for accessories. That's roughly a distance of 66 kms wherein my brand new car will be driven by a buffoon who obviously doesn't care about running-in and other basic hygiene to followed. Made it very clear, in no uncertain terms that I'm simply not comfortable with someone driving my car unnecessarily and I will not relent on PDI; also told them that I had anyway mentioned earlier that since I'm NOT opting for car financing, my funds are ready and will be transferred immediately if I'm satisfied with PDI. Obviously, I will hold back about 50k till the actual day of delivery and transfer the rest earlier. Now, I know customers from this dealership who have endured the same ordeal and were ultimately allowed PDI at the stockyard. Before banging the phone down, I simply told the woman on the other end that if she's not letting me do the PDI at the stockyard and are behaving like errant children, I'm more than happy to loop in Mahindra senior management!

Let's see what happens now. Will update.

P.s. Apologies for my constant rants; the whole experience is anything but enjoyable unfortunately.

All the best for your PDI.

I too have booked with NBS Andheri and the only reason for me to do so was that it's a Mahindra subsidiary, but they seem to be worse then other independent dealers. Fingers Crossed!

Sorry for asking the same question again but did they force you to purchase accessories and insane insurance from them?
Old 13th December 2021, 21:19   #3587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytbhp_turbo View Post
Front USB charger dropped in AX-5 ?

I generally watch a lot of XUV700 walk around videos on Youtube, believe me when i say "all"- some videos even have like 20-30 views :-)
I noticed one thing -

One video posted in first week of November 2021
Attachment 2244864

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=oTYHC-iCbFk
And here is one latest video -
Attachment 2244867

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=LP4QJZFFyRc

Yes, i too noticed this. Now I am just praying that they deliver my car before they drop the tyres from the standard fitment list.
Enthusiast81 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 23:02   #3588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast81 View Post
Yes, i too noticed this. Now I am just praying that they deliver my car before they drop the tyres from the standard fitment list.
Safe to assume it's only single USB input present, I just checked on Mahindra 360 deg view here -

https://auto.mahindra.com/suv/xuv700/

Name:  Screenshot 20211213 at 11.01.03 PM.png
Views: 1532
Size:  561.7 KB
mytbhp_turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 23:50   #3589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Coming to the matter at hand, this will be our first BS6 diesel car and I'm worried about the infamous DPF issue that seems to plague almost all BS6 diesels. The thing is, during engine run-in period, we are not supposed to drive the engine at high revs, however, after reading through the posts on the forum and on the internet as well, it seems that for BS6 diesel cars, if they're driven sedately for long period and in low rpms, the DPF error crops up.
This is an incorrect understanding of (a) DPF related issues and (b) running in period.

Let's address (b) first and get that out of the way. Most modern cars today come after a factor run-in of engines. Even if it isn't factory run-in, running the engine at low RPMs is not the way to do a proper run-in. This is because most people don't understand why an engine needs to be run-in in the first place.

The run-in period is primarily for the engine to smoothen out the tolerances and undulations in the cylinder-piston assembly. This is ideally done at all rev ranges, by varying the RPMs at different level to get the engine accustomed to different rev range. To aid the removal of metal dust formed, the engine that needs to be run-in usually comes with mineral oil as well.

"Run the car in low speed or low RPM" is just a layman oversimplified approach because car owners might end up revving engines to high RPMs constantly wearing out the internals prematurely.

Long story short, modern car engines don't need to be run-in. Even if they do, the ideal way is to get the engine perform at a variety of rev range. Neither too slow nor too fast revs.

Your best resource for understanding how to run in the engine is your car's user manual. My XUV300's manual just says "run the car smoothly" without any specifics. The car also comes with synthetic oil out of the factory which probably confirms that it is already factory run-in.

Now let's come to point (a) DPF related issues in BS6 diesels.

Sustained running of car in low RPMs is not the problem. Running the car in low RPMs AND for regular short distances is the primarily problem. Also known as short city runs. DPF relies on temperature to clear out the soot. Your BS6 diesel engine will love highway runs because even if you keep RPMs <2000 it'll still generate enough heat to clear the particulate matter from accumulating in the filter. Unless your primary usage is to drive short city distances in slow traffic, there is little to worry about. Even if that is your usage, take your car for a highway spin once a week if possible. There are many threads that discuss how to avoid DPF issues.
krishnakumar is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 01:10   #3590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post

Long story short, modern car engines don't need to be run-in. Even if they do, the ideal way is to get the engine perform at a variety of rev range. Neither too slow nor too fast revs.

Your best resource for understanding how to run in the engine is your car's user manual. My XUV300's manual just says "run the car smoothly" without any specifics. The car also comes with synthetic oil out of the factory which probably confirms that it is already factory run-in.
"Modern engine does not need run-in" - that's highly debated topic, one common answer from lots of auto expert is "refer to owner's manual".

While XUV700 manual does not give details about run-in method but it really points that engine run-in is needed.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20211214-1.09.13-am.png

https://storagewyh.blob.core.windows...rs-Manual.html

Last edited by mytbhp_turbo : 14th December 2021 at 01:10. Reason: format
mytbhp_turbo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 11:09   #3591
BHPian

I currently drive the XUV500 W11 AT, bought it at the launch of the current face-lift version. I think this was the most refined XUV500, I have the previous 2 versions within my extended family and the latest one felt the most mature.

When I test drove the XUV700, it definitely felt as though M&M have evolved further. The steering felt extremely light at low speeds bit firmed up a fair bit as we got faster. The driving position, NVH, suspension - all felt a step above from the XUV500. Will definitely be going back for another test drive with my wife and asking for a more thorough and longer test drive

But at the same time, I was really annoyed at missing out on very common features available in most cars like: Ambient Lighting, Auto dimming-IRVM and one of my favorite features from my XUV - logo projection puddle lamps. I felt it was more of a gimmick and only head turner, but it has saved me from stepping in puddles multiple times during the monsoon and also help find the car in the dark. What's even more surprising is that, although they have added it as an accessory, the XUV700 ORVMs don't open upon unlock, they open once you start the car/infotainment system, rendering their primary function useless.

These aren't deal breakers, but quite annoying to see something present in the previous generations missed out in what's supposed to be the latest and greatest.

I'm not in need of a new car in any way, but still very tempted to book the AX7L AT. I will be in no rush for delivery and can easily wait out the current waiting period. I'm curious, if, say I get a delivery of May 2023, and by then, M&M launch newer variants with some more bells and whistles and I wish to move to them, will it be a fresh booking, or I can change variants? I went through the thread, but there seemed to be a few conflicting posts that have left me a bit confused.

Anyway, congrats to all those have gotten or are expecting deliveries soon, I hope to see your ownership reviews!
psinide is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 11:34   #3592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psinide View Post
I'm curious, if, say I get a delivery of May 2023, and by then, M&M launch newer variants with some more bells and whistles and I wish to move to them, will it be a fresh booking, or I can change variants? I went through the thread, but there seemed to be a few conflicting posts that have left me a bit confused.
The current L-O-N-G waiting list is primarily due to the semiconductor shortage which is expected to get ironed out by 2023. If you're anyway ready to wait till 2023, you will have little to worry about in terms of waiting period.

My suggestion would be to wait for Mahindra to come out with newer variants and then book because the waiting periods are likely to reduce by Q1-2023.

Quote:
"Modern engine does not need run-in" - that's highly debated topic, one common answer from lots of auto expert is "refer to owner's manual".

While XUV700 manual does not give details about run-in method but it really points that engine run-in is needed.
What I meant by "does not need to be run-in" is from a technical perspective for the engine. And of course, "most" and not all. My KTM 390Adventure, although a modern engine, still had to be run-in. It came with mineral oil and was rev-limited to 6000rpm for the first 1000km. But my XUV300 came with synthetic oil and mandated no oil change after the first 1000km. Generally the manufacturer would want the oil to be changed if the running-in is happening out on the road.

That said, "running-in" a car is still preferable because it'll allow owners the time to get accustomed to the new vehicle. It will also give a peace of mind knowing that you're not stressing out a new car. So I am not against a careful approach to ownership, rather just clearing out the air over the concerns raised by OP.

As mentioned in my previous post as well, the best resource is always the car's manual and I fully agree with you there. Although in many cases, the wordings are just remnants of a by-gone era.

Last edited by krishnakumar : 14th December 2021 at 11:48.
krishnakumar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 13:21   #3593
Distinguished - BHPian

Is XUV7OO rear suspension really soft or this car is overloaded, I don't know.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20211214_124636.jpg

It did look sagged a bit too much to me.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20211214_124640.jpg

XUV7OO owners who have traveled with 7 + luggage would only be able to tell.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 15:12   #3594

Quote:
Originally Posted by anirbanm View Post
Congratulations on your ride.. cozoo 7d mats looked better in all aspects than the OEM mats and at a less cost. May be you can explore them .
Thanks a lot @anirbanm. Post your reply, researched for the cozoo mat suppliers in Bangalore. Happened to find one in JC road. Turns out the guy was a state wide distributor for cozoo car mats. The mats were priced less than half of what Mahindra charges for it as an official accessory. The quality, fit and finish of the 7d mats is quite good. Will let the picture do the talking. If anyone requires the dealers details, kindly pm me.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20211213_173257.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20211213_173313.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20211213_173824.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20211213_174302.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20211213_175355.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20211213_195659.jpg  

Vik7OO is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 15:45   #3595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
I have noticed this in the TD cars as well when there are 3 people sitting in the 2 row.

This ownership thread - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5191370 (Red Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review)

Quote:
Suspension - The independent multi-link frequency selective dampers setup in the rear is interesting. Here is why.
On highways or other well paved roads, you feel like you are actually flying. The suspension is so smooth. The almighty, one more than one instance indicated that she feels like she's cruising.
Now the other extreme, in deep potholed roads, dirt roads, can't-be-called-a-road, the suspension handles it brilliantly. Sure you do feel the potholes, but it's much much more subdued than in a similar vehicle. This is one better than the XUV7OO actually.
Now comes the quirk. Have you come across roads, where there are multiple layers of good tar and after some rains or similar event, there's a pot hole on the top tarmac ? This is not really a bottomless pit, but the bottom of this pit is another asphalt and the dept of this crater is more than a few CMs. I don't want to risk my life to take a pic of this potholes. Hope you get the picture *Pun Intended*. You may encounter these on National Highways. These pits are the nemesis of the XUV7OO suspension setup. While the suspension handles real craters with ease, these pseudo craters confuse the living hell of the suspension, I think. You think XUV will handle it and go over it and you feel like a hammer dropped on your head. There's this nasty thud, makes you wonder if the wheel hit the wheel well. I get a feeling that the suspension is not really tuned for these outliers. Anyway, what do you do enthuse situations. Identify the real craters and drive over them, identify these pseudo craters and avoid them like plagues or err, real craters
I think its may be setup to be too soft
shrk_18 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 16:01   #3596

Quote:
Mahindra stockyard here is almost 5 mins drive from showroom so they typically never had issue with PDI.
If its OK, can you please share the Dealer name? I see that your location is Pune and I hope the dealer through which I have booked is the same.

Just hoping that the further processing(Payment and PDI) would be hassle free.
Thanks in Advance.
Old 14th December 2021, 16:07   #3597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psinide View Post

I'm not in need of a new car in any way, but still very tempted to book the AX7L AT. I will be in no rush for delivery and can easily wait out the current waiting period. I'm curious, if, say I get a delivery of May 2023, and by then, M&M launch newer variants with some more bells and whistles and I wish to move to them, will it be a fresh booking, or I can change variants? I went through the thread, but there seemed to be a few conflicting posts that have left me a bit confused.

Anyway, congrats to all those have gotten or are expecting deliveries soon, I hope to see your ownership reviews!

Looking at trend, if you book AX7 L DIESEL AT, your estimated delivery date will be mid 2023 but you should be prepared for 2022 end delivery ( due to huge cancellation, chip shortage getting sorted, all deliveries will fast track by few months for sure )

In case you change variant, it gets treated as new booking but frankly by the time you get delivery, that will not matter, supply and demand will be well balanced with usual delivery timelines.

Mahindra might add new variants and features (like ventilated seats) but i don't think they will be in near future, might be around 2024, the reason for that is simple, more features needs more chips and as of now they are trying to actually requesting customers to move to less feature variants and introducing new one ( example upcoming AX7 smart ).
mytbhp_turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 17:36   #3598
BHPian

Hi, guys,

I had gone for PDI of My XUV700 AX7L Petrol, The car was parked at stock yard and had 65 KMS on the ODO, I checked the VIN number and the car is about 3 Months old,

I asked the dealer why a 3 month old car while there are several ppl waiting, he said the car was manufactured but waiting for CHIPS for certain parts and only after receipt of the chips the car was dispatched from factory,

I checked all panels and interior, everything looked New, Outside was dirty and the dealer says will polish and deliver. Overall seems fine however all my previous cars that I bought even my Nexon EV in 2020 just one month after lockdown was just a month old VIN. My XUV 500 delivery in Nov 11 2011 was also a month old VIN then.

Just want to check if any one else who has gone for PDI in Bangalore has faced anything similar.
Shai100 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 18:00   #3599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai100 View Post
I asked the dealer why a 3 month old car while there are several ppl waiting, he said the car was manufactured but waiting for CHIPS for certain parts and only after receipt of the chips the car was dispatched from factory.
I would say that there is nothing to worry about. With the kind of rush that exists to grab whatever little xuv7OO is produced, it would make no sense to keep a car parked for 3 months at the dealer end.

Does the dealer have a dedicated test drive car by the way? A three months old TD car would have shown in terms of its condution, during PDI. I would have ignored the manufacturing date if I were you here.

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 14th December 2021 at 18:01.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 18:02   #3600
BHPian

Today, out of sheer enthusiasm, I took longish test drive of diesel manual. SA was reluctant to take non registered on highway but I insisted and he agreed. Following are my observations.

1. First, IMHO, door handles look super ugly. What Mahindra design team was smoking? When you press, it stick out and you have to pull it to open door. not a smooth operation at all.

2. Car (SUV?) look big. It look look like bloated car than SUV.

3. Door shut with ugly Maruti like thud.

4. Weird ergonomics for e.g. driver seat controls on the door

5. Big kudos to engine. Excellent pickup. The best I would say.

6. Steering is twitchy and light for low speed but weigh up nicely at high speed. Steering feedback is not there.

7. At idle low engine rumble is audible in the cabin.

8. Prominent road noise filter in side the cabin.

9. Suspension bottom out on big potholes.

10. 360 degree camera view is small compared to Seltos. Not impressive.

11. Visibility and ergonomics of infotainment system is not that nice.

Last edited by IP_Man : 14th December 2021 at 18:17.
IP_Man is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks