Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2021, 09:43   #2086
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Somehow I feel that XUV bumper should have given away more because that's how it is supposed to function.
IMO the Creta would be braking hard in the last few second(s) when it hit the XUV and probably hit the rear frame under the bumper at an offset. So it was more of a XUV frame vs Creta Bumper contact rather than a bumper to bumper hit.

The rear subframe of the XUV would be higher than the Creta's front especially when nosedive due to braking is factored in.

The later images make me believe this more, not sure if you guys can see it but to me it seems like the Creta's front has squatted a bit.

On a side note, too many rear hits for numbers of 700s on the road. I cannot believe anything else but ADAS induced sudden braking catching everyone by surprise.
Not blaming ADAS but blaming the skills handling the system prima facie.

Last edited by shancz : 11th October 2021 at 09:50. Reason: note, typos
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 09:54   #2087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpWarp View Post
Overall car is good five seater but did not feel spacious or premium enough for me to upgrade from BRV. I am now thinking of Compass Limited AT 4WD only for the premium feel, solid build and relatively fun to drive AT
I had booked a AX7L P AT variant on Day 1 itself and over the weekend I wanted to do a longer test drive. My test drive on Oct 1st week was a shared one and hardly would have driven the car for 1 to 1.5 kms. I called and requested my dealer for a longer drive and he asked me to come early by 9:30 am. I had a nice 30 mins test drive and felt very good about the Petrol AT. Response was too quick and felt gearshifts were also pretty smooth without lag. Cabin felt so refreshing during morning time and wife felt extremely comfortable in the back seat. For the last 5 mins of our drive back to showroom, I asked my dealer to drive and we both sat on the 3rd row. Felt like our existing XUV 500 only. 3rd row is strictly not for adults and kids too can be seated there for short drives only. Agreed that 3rd row is as good as not being there and would be useful for some occasional short trip when there are more than 5 passengers have to travel. In my current XUV, we must have used the 3rd row seat hardly for about 4 to 5 trips max in the last 9 years. In a folded state, it can easily absorb 4 international suitcases also. People who are planning to excessively use the 3rd row would need to have a longer test drive and see the experience, before taking a go/no-go call.

From M&M, we visited Jeep showroom as I always wanted to buy Jeep Compass, but felt it is too pricey. I told my wife that we will test drive and also feel the cabin experience. For the first time I felt Jeep Compass was feeling slightly inferior to my liking. Wife too felt that XUV 700 was better and that Jeep Compass was definitely better than our current XUV 500, but not on par with XUV 700. The moment I told that the Jeep Compass S P AT variant is at least 5L more than XUV 700 AX7 L P AT, the discussion ended there! The 7 seater Jeep Compass would be north of 40L and probably with this my interest in a Jeep has ended , but the 30 mins test drive of XUV 700 has reassured my interest in this car.

Last edited by MukundanMK : 11th October 2021 at 09:57.
MukundanMK is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 10:00   #2088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24 View Post
Could any of you who have booked the XUV700 online on website or offline with dealers confirm if you received the SMS and confirmation email from Mahindra itself?
I have not received anything from Mahindra so far, but did get the OTF number from the dealer. As others have said, the system seems to be very erratic in sending out confirmation messages, don't worry about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark water View Post
I think that the OTF A... number is for variants eg. A for the higher variants AWD plus luxury, B For luxury and so on.

Might be wrong
This is my guess as well, since I booked on the 8th and my OTF number is also from the "A-series". But can't make sense of the last 3 digits as the number is smaller than what others received on the 7th, so I am assuming its not the booking number.

In any case the deliveries will now be decided by the algorithm, don't think the OTF number matter much, to be honest.
Old 11th October 2021, 10:30   #2089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
I cannot believe anything else but ADAS induced sudden braking catching everyone by surprise.
My bet is on drivers driving an automatic for the first time and hitting brakes thinking it’s the clutch.
Tanmay007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 10:48   #2090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24 View Post
Can others confirm whats the case and also if by any chance the above link works for you?
I too have same issue.

Booked from sireesh, silkboard on Day1 itself.
They messed up my booking details with wrong phone number and also wrong color. Not shared OTF number yet.

When asked sales Executive, he said no need to worry and said booking is confirmed. Shared booking screenshot.

They said wrong mobile number is not a problem which can be changed during invoice time, but no resolution given yet on the wrong color.
Old 11th October 2021, 10:54   #2091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
I'm impressed that the bumper is relatively unharmed, given how crumpled up the Creta is.
That is dictated by the pedestrian safety laws for bonnet crumple zone. That is supposed to happen to the Creta.
NevGin is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 11:01   #2092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
That is dictated by the pedestrian safety laws for bonnet crumple zone. That is supposed to happen to the Creta.
Fair point. That does explain it.
I guess then in this scenario, everything played out as it should have.
Old 11th October 2021, 11:11   #2093
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
My bet is on drivers driving an automatic for the first time and hitting brakes thinking it’s the clutch.
I think automatics are quite common these days though that could be a possibility that could be a possibility in some cases but definitely not on the freedom drive crash.

From experience I didn't even think about the clutch when I first drive an automatic. Its the entire experience which prevents this. But something like an IMT is something that could cause a confusing but I haven't driven those.
Old 11th October 2021, 11:30   #2094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark water View Post
I think that the OTF A... number is for variants eg. A for the higher variants AWD plus luxury, B For luxury and so on.

Might be wrong
My OTF is from F series, for AX7 L Diesel Manual
Old 11th October 2021, 11:39   #2095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachhaMan10 View Post
Some more pictures of the accident, looks like its real !!
I'm sorry to be this person, but to me it looks like the XUV7OO was gently reversed into an already crashed Creta. There is no way the bumper took in all that force that caused the Creta's bonnet to even crumple, by merely mildly flexing. There's not a single visible scratch as well on the tailgate or on the bumper area near the parking sensors as well, this to me screams it is too good to be true.

I want to believe it, but something about this is so off.
sunnysideup_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 12:12   #2096

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
My OTF is from F series, for AX7 L Diesel Manual
Mine is OTF22H001*** for AX5 Diesel Automatic. Booked on 07/10/2021 @ 10.49 am
Old 11th October 2021, 12:24   #2097
BHPian

There doesn't seem to be any discernable pattern for the alphabet assignment.

It is not based on geography, variant or time of booking.
We will need someone with birdies inside Mahindra to enlighten us

The serial number seems to have some sort of a pattern in that people who booked earlier on a given day seem to have lower numbers than those who booked later (for the same alphabet)
yogishkamath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 12:38   #2098
BHPian

Delivery Periods looks like a cause of big concern here -

Mahindra XUV700 Waiting Period Likely To Cross 1 Yr – Before 1st Delivery

Copyright (C) 'RUSH LANE' Read more at... https://www.rushlane.com/mahindra-xu...-12414745.html .
Manojah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 12:51   #2099
BHPian

Does anybody know when the real life reviews of the XUV7OO will come out by the various automotive houses? The ones on the mahindra test track are more controlled and maynot be completely indicative as it really seemed to be driven on the initial excitement. Everything else is people making videos during their test drives.
Or are we expected to book and get deliveries just based on the test track reviews/short TDs.
Also considering someone who has gone for the AWD top variant, there is absolutely limited information on that as it wasn't tested by anyone except for the staged off roading course.
superutp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 12:52   #2100
BHPian

One of the better 360° view experiences.

MX looks decently loaded, couldn't find real life videos so tried on Mahindra website.

Most Viewed