Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2021, 22:04   #2071
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Could any of you who have booked the XUV700 online on website or offline with dealers confirm if you received the SMS and confirmation email from Mahindra itself?
If so how long did it take after the booking was done?

I have not received any SMS or Email from Mahindra yet even after 3 days of the booking. On questioning the Sales executive, he mentioned that the booking is confirmed for sure. But even couple of other customers also face the same situation and some received only an email and no SMS.

Also I came across this link on Mahindra website to check the bookings done for a customer -
https://auto.mahindra.com/myaccount/view-all-bookings

Can others confirm whats the case and also if by any chance the above link works for you?
Old 10th October 2021, 22:22   #2072
BHPian

Some more pictures of the accident, looks like its real !!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20211010221757_instagram.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20211010221815_instagram.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20211010221842_instagram.jpg  

RachhaMan10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 22:23   #2073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
I merely stated my observations.

And I specifically said it's just usable.
Not comfortable, or practical, or even passable. No. It is a compromise. No doubt about it.
Not trying to fool anyone here.

And I agree,
"XUV700 trumps in many aspects, but 3rd row space is not it's forte for sure."
Never said it was.

I think there's a very huge gap between "usable" and "forte". They are at the opposite ends of the spectrum.

To me, usable is that at least an adult can fit in there. Be it with compromises. And as per even your photo, you do fit in there. That makes it usable. If someone had to travel in that position for say, half an hour, I think they'd make it.
Hey, I did not post to argue or cut your observations.
3rd row space had been discussed on this thread a lot and I just found it convenient to quote your post as it was latest rather than digging pages.
Please don't take it personally.

You said, your friend who is 6.1" found it okay, though not most comfortable. Hence, I just wanted to share my experience being 5.10" with average build.
Unfortunately many of us have booked XUV700 without even a good test drive, hence it becomes important to put the perspective across from those who have seen or driven it.

Again nothing personal, just wanted to share my general experience of the 3rd row with the broader audience.
dh.harshal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 22:39   #2074
Distinguished - BHPian

For those who have booked/pre-booked their 7OOs through the dealers, better get the price protection clause in writing from them.

Kirat Cheema shares this:- (read the description part)

Mahindra XUV700 Review-br.jpg

He booked on 07th Oct via dealership, and this is what was given to him in writing.
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 22:40   #2075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachhaMan10 View Post
Some more pictures of the accident, looks like its real !!
I'm impressed that the bumper is relatively unharmed, given how crumpled up the Creta is.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 22:52   #2076

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek Menon View Post
Registration is only 5 years ? The quotes I got were for 15 years only. Could you please highlight on the same ?
Here, in Assam we have a option to register the car for either 5 or 15 yrs. In all of my previous cars i have registered for 5 years.
If supposedly i decide to keep the car for more than that, i have the option to renew for next 10yrs. Hence the upfront charges are less.
Sabertooth32 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 23:00   #2077
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
I'm impressed that the bumper is relatively unharmed, given how crumpled up the Creta is.
Somehow I feel that XUV bumper should have given away more because that's how it is supposed to function. Bumpers are energy absorption mechanism which are supposed to buckle/crumple so as to not pass on impact load to the main body /passengers. Creta (just my personal opinion and some expert can throw light) front bumper looks like it has done its job properly.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 23:08   #2078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Somehow I feel that XUV bumper should have given away more because that's how it is supposed to function. Bumpers are energy absorption mechanism which are supposed to buckle/crumple so as to not pass on impact load to the main body /passengers. Creta (just my personal opinion and some expert can throw light) front bumper looks like it has done its job properly.
It's kind of a tug of war right.

On collision, both parties will be subjected to some forces. I am guessing that the creta absorbed a huge chunk of the impact and crumpled up, leading to little energy being transferred onto the bumper.

This is purely hypothesis, but that's the way I saw it.

Though I agree with you in general. The bumper probably should've absorbed more of the energy.=. I guess more will be clearer once it hits the GNCAP.
ashishk29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 23:31   #2079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24 View Post
Could any of you who have booked the XUV700 online on website or offline with dealers confirm if you received the SMS and confirmation email from Mahindra itself?

I have not received any SMS or Email from Mahindra yet even after 3 days of the booking. On questioning the Sales executive, he mentioned that the booking is confirmed for sure. But even couple of other customers also face the same situation and some received only an email and no SMS.

Also I came across this link on Mahindra website to check the bookings done for a customer -

Can others confirm whats the case and also if by any chance the above link works for you?

I did the booking from Ananta cars orr on 7th, I got the sms confirmation on the same day, but there was no email, since in the OTF they have mentioned some mail id most probably one of their own sales person.
Coming to the link it shows no booking not even in the cart.
I can understand your concern and I too have the same predicamemt, luckily I managed to take a screenshot of my OTF from the dealers system, but as such other than the sms and the pic there is really no concrete evidence of the booking.
Not sure if its the same across other dealers in Bangalore or in anyother city
Monty1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 23:40   #2080
BHPian

Quote:

I had booked offline with the dealer 2-3 days before launch.

It looks like Mahindra had sent two emails, one just saying "Congrats on booking the XUV 700" and another mentioning the price, the variant, the dealership and the color. Of these, I only got the first email, not the second. The mail was in the trash folder. So, if you haven't looked in that, you should.

They had sent an SMS which I did not get.
However, I did get a whatsapp message which no one else I know got

I got both of these within a few hours of the booking. So, given that I got only 2 out of the 4 things they sent and nobody I know got all 4, it is not surprising that some people got nothing at all. Mahindra's booking/messaging system isn't really scaled to handle this kind of load I think.

The Mahindra website still does not show my booking.

If the sales guy has confirmed your booking, you should believe him. Ask him to share the OTF id with you. It will be a string of the form "OTF22" followed by an alphabet and then a 6 digit number. I got the OTF id only today (and this is the case for everyone I know)

Last edited by yogishkamath : 10th October 2021 at 23:42.
yogishkamath is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 23:49   #2081
BHPian

Quote:

I booked online on 7th and the link works for me, it correctly shows my booking details. I got a Whatsapp message from Mahindra with the OTF number a few hours after booking. I did not receive any email or SMS.

Make sure you get the OTF number, it seems very important.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 00:42   #2082
BHPian

Quote:

Booked online on 7th Oct and received the SMS in the afternoon and e-mail from Mahindra in the evening. Mahindra sent two mails, one was just about "Congratulations on booking your XUV 700, etc." and the other was the main one with booking reference, OTF, date etc. Received the mail from dealer confirming the same details yesterday. The booking started reflecting on the website under "My Bookings" section from 8th Oct.
IamNikhil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 02:47   #2083
BHPian

As I travel a lot between Chandigarh and Nahan, so had raised queries with Mahindra Chandigarh and also in Paonta-Sahib (its in Himachal and just 45 Kms from Nahan).

Got a call from the dealers and the Sales Executive were very polite, best part is that they were listening and not interrupting during the conversation. Answers given were almost similar.

Waiting period for Petrol is 2 months or could be less too
Waiting period for Diesel is 6 months

Now, the cars were available for Test-drive and they said that - We'll book a slot for you. With Petrol manual or Automatic, I wont be getting more than 12 or 13 km per liter including the highway runs and everyone has appreciated Petrol. Downside being is the omission of AWD option.
swunkjyn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 07:57   #2084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by febin8055 View Post
Mine is OTF22A0009**. Booked from bangalore around 10.30. AWDL.
I think that the OTF A... number is for variants eg. A for the higher variants AWD plus luxury, B For luxury and so on.

Might be wrong
Old 11th October 2021, 09:14   #2085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh.harshal View Post
Firstly, XUV700 is a very competent car and has many class leading features.

Please see the image below.
I'm 5.10" and of athletic build.
With 3rd row upright, my head is touching the roof and have hardly a finger squeezing between my leg and 2nd row.
With 3rd row reclined, my legs are completely intruding into 2nd row and I've a finger space between my head and roof.

Attachment 2217586

XUV700 trumps in many aspects, but 3rd row space is not it's forte for sure.
Completely agree, see attached pictures of my son who is 5.10, his head is almost touching the roof. Also his knees are touching the back of second seat. For reference I, 5.5 tall or short, also sat in third row. I had few inches of knee room but it was not very comfortable feeling. Also note that in XUV the third row seat recline is at the back, practically unusable. I still feel BRV has better and usable third row than XUV. Mahindra should have provided sliding second row, not sure why they did not :(
Overall car is good five seater but did not feel spacious or premium enough for me to upgrade from BRV. I am now thinking of Compass Limited AT 4WD only for the premium feel, solid build and relatively fun to drive AT. I would compromise on 4.5 seat means taking 2 cars on short konkan holidays with inlaws but that happens only thrice a year so it may be ok.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20211011_090312.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20211010_164739.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20211010_164914.jpg  

Last edited by ScorpWarp : 11th October 2021 at 09:25.
ScorpWarp is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks