Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2021, 12:23   #2161
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer23 View Post
All is not perfect though and the car simply doesn't feel worth 28 lacs for top end. Had the top end been for 23-24 (max), then it would have been a really really good deal. The dynamic package and the interiors don't feel premium enough at 28 big ones IMHO. Personally, I'd prefer to spend a couple of lacs more and get a far premium and rounded compass or a Tiguan Allspace.
I agree with your list of pros and cons.

The Compass is put in the same segment as the XUV but it ought to be in a different segment perhaps. It is almost 0.3 m shorter in length after all and the difference in space is quite evident. They are at the two extreme ends of the segment.

The compass is a great car for people who need a safer, more premium, slightly roomier Creta/Seltos. It won't work for people with larger families who need to seat 3 adults (or 2 adults + a baby seat) comfortably in the second row.

The compass has no real competition in that sense since anything which provides equivalent space and better safety+ride+features would be in the luxury segment and cost 50 lakhs OTR in Bangalore.

A Tiguan Allspace is also not comparable with the XUV since it is classified one segment higher. It is a fortuner sized car (though it doesn't look as big because it is considerably shorter in height). It also costs 15 lakhs more than the XUV, not just a couple of lacs more.
yogishkamath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 13:28   #2162
BHPian

Guys I want to report a big mistake that has been committed by the dealer in the booking process of my XUV. I was one of those who got a call on evening of 8th October asking us if we wanted to book the car at introductory prices as we were unable to book it online and had shown long term interest. The variant in our cart was AX7 Petrol AT. Same was conveyed to the dealership through WhatsApp. Till 10th October, I had only gotten a congratulations mail from Mahindra. I asked the dealership for OTF ID. When I recieved the message, I noticed that the variant booked was AX7 MT.
Even after notifying the dealership that we wanted AT (which was the one added in our cart too) the dealership has booked MT. They are saying that to modify this, a new booking at current rates has to be made and I will be pushed miles back in the queue with almost 1 year waiting period. There has been no response yet from Mahindra's side.
Please guide me as to what step I should take next.
Old 12th October 2021, 13:44   #2163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All is not perfect though and the car simply doesn't feel worth 28 lacs for top end. Had the top end been for 23-24 (max), then it would have been a really really good deal. The dynamic package and the interiors don't feel premium enough at 28 big ones IMHO. Personally, I'd prefer to spend a couple of lacs more and get a far premium and rounded compass or a Tiguan Allspace.
You expect a decently spacious, well engineered 7 seater SUV packed with cutting edge tech for 24 Lakhs on-road? We all can hope but that is not realistic. Next car which is similarly speced with marginal improvement in build quality is 40+ lakhs.
I had checked the Tiguan Allspace when I briefly considered it when the discounts were going on. While the build quality, fit and finish were top notch, light beige interior with hard plastic and the straight/angular panels did not make it appear either premium or cosy. I found it to be well engineered but bit too cold and industrial.
Guna is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 13:57   #2164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritesh_Dogar View Post
The form attached was shared by the sales guy from the local dealer. The form mentions a few numbers, however they dont resemble the OTF Numbers being shared here .
The highlighted no starting with C is your customer ID. OTF no is missing.
The second no is your enquiry no.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 13:58   #2165
Senior - BHPian

Got this as WhatsApp forward. If it’s true, picture does a lot of talking
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-5c57df19dc58404bbc9234159f6f9d42.jpeg  

Old 12th October 2021, 14:23   #2166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantobigboot View Post
G When I recieved the message, I noticed that the variant booked was AX7 MT.
Even after notifying the dealership that we wanted AT (which was the one added in our cart too) the dealership has booked MT. They are saying that to modify this, a new booking at current rates has to be made and I will be pushed miles back in the queue with almost 1 year waiting period. There has been no response yet from Mahindra's side.
Please guide me as to what step I should take next.
Did you write to Mahindra for the above with a copy of messages that you had sent to the dealership? If not, you may write to bookingsupport@mahindra.com and customer.care@mahindra.com

Since I have not received any confirmation from Mahindra on the vehicle booked under the same offer on the 8th, I have written to Mahindra on the above email addresses and waiting for their reply.
bill1182 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 14:24   #2167
BHPian

Finally got my Booking details from my dealer today . My XUV700 was booked (via dealer booking) on 7th morning and all i had got until now was a mail and SMS for booking, without any details of the variant booked or the OTF number.

I now see that my OTF number is like OTF22A000xxx. So, guessing I am in the first 1000 bookings? Did anyone crack this OTF coding? Those who have booked through dealers on the 7th and still waiting for your OTF details, I suggest you pressure your contact to send you the details.
Old 12th October 2021, 14:40   #2168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
Finally got my Booking details from my dealer today . My XUV700 was booked (via dealer booking) on 7th morning and all i had got until now was a mail and SMS for booking, without any details of the variant booked or the OTF number.

I now see that my OTF number is like OTF22A000xxx. So, guessing I am in the first 1000 bookings? Did anyone crack this OTF coding? Those who have booked through dealers on the 7th and still waiting for your OTF details, I suggest you pressure your contact to send you the details.
No one has cracked the code of OTF number yet, I booked via dealer on 7th and got a mail at 10.22AM with booking confirmation. Got the OTF number the next day when I asked dealer about it.
Below is the message I got from dealer(masking the last 2 digits)!
Your order is confirmed OTF22B0002XX, XUV 7OO AX7 D MT BLACK, DONE ON 7th of OCT.
Old 12th October 2021, 15:11   #2169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachhaMan10 View Post
Below is the message I got from dealer(masking the last 2 digits)!
Your order is confirmed OTF22B0002XX, XUV 7OO AX7 D MT BLACK, DONE ON 7th of OCT.
Interesting. Wonder why would he mask the last 2-digits? It's your number and you need to know the full details. Suggest you ask for it.

Last edited by r0ckstar.1 : 12th October 2021 at 15:11. Reason: Changes
Old 12th October 2021, 15:18   #2170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post
Did you write to Mahindra for the above with a copy of messages that you had sent to the dealership? If not, you may write to bookingsupport@mahindra.com and customer.care@mahindra.com

Since I have not received any confirmation from Mahindra on the vehicle booked under the same offer on the 8th, I have written to Mahindra on the above email addresses and waiting for their reply.
Today I got the OTF and customer number from dealer. I found that the mobile number was wrongly mentioned. Due to this, I am not getting any sms from Mahindra. I am not sure whether the mail address is also entered correctly.

I have raised this with Dealer. Should I send mail to Mahindra also in parallel? Or wait for dealer for some more time?
Old 12th October 2021, 15:30   #2171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogishkamath View Post
I agree with your list of pros and cons.
A Tiguan Allspace is also not comparable with the XUV since it is classified one segment higher. It is a fortuner sized car (though it doesn't look as big because it is considerably shorter in height). It also costs 15 lakhs more than the XUV, not just a couple of lacs more.
If only those calling me out and getting offended had been half as kind and understanding as this gentleman . I agree with you sir that the Allspace is a segment above the XUV and can't be compared directly. However the price gap is not 15 lacs, many of the BHPians picked up theirs for 33-34 lacs on-road (Hayek sir, I think kalyan_hyd sir too got if for around the same). At that price it's a steal IMO and again that doesn't make the XUV an inferior product.

Many people are missing my point, they are saying that expecting a premium 7 seater at 24 lacs top end is too much. Well first of all, the XUV is not a proper 7 seater, it's more like a 5+2 arrangement. Also, a gentleman who was also checking out the car while I was seated inside mentioned that he bought his Hyundai Santa Fe for 26 lacs in 2013. He told that his Santa Fe's quality levels and fit and finish were a lot superior to the Mahindra. Both of us were underwhelmed by the interior ambience and the small quality compromises only very keen enthusiasts would notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I had checked the Tiguan Allspace when I briefly considered it when the discounts were going on. While the build quality, fit and finish were top notch, light beige interior with hard plastic and the straight/angular panels did not make it appear either premium or cosy. I found it to be well engineered but bit too cold and industrial.
No offence mate but it seems like you don't actually understand what soft touch plastics are. The Allspace's literally whole upper dashboard is clad in soft touch plastic. Also, the door pads have a full leatherette covering for armrests and the upper portion is covered with a premium seude material. Even the door pockets and storage compartments have premium felt lining.

Last edited by Lowflyer23 : 12th October 2021 at 15:42.
Lowflyer23 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 15:31   #2172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambadan View Post
Today I got the OTF and customer number from dealer. I found that the mobile number was wrongly mentioned. Due to this, I am not getting any sms from Mahindra. I am not sure whether the mail address is also entered correctly.

I have raised this with Dealer. Should I send mail to Mahindra also in parallel? Or wait for dealer for some more time?
In my opinion, you must send an email to Mahindra directly with a copy to the Dealer.

This way you will keep all the stakeholders in the loop.
Old 12th October 2021, 15:59   #2173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark water View Post

4. If the production of vehicles has started from September would it be likely that the delivery period will reduce by 3 months since Mahindra must be having around 10k vehicles ready by November end. That being said what is preventing Mahindra from delivering the vehicle right away 🤔.
I believe someone had already stated that Mahindra could not start dispatching vehicles since they are yet to get android auto/apple car play license.
Old 12th October 2021, 16:35   #2174
BHPian

Quote:
many of the BHPians picked up theirs for 33-34 lacs on-road (Hayek sir, I think kalyan_hyd sir too got if for around the same). At that price it's a steal IMO and again that doesn't make the XUV an inferior product
When was this and in which city ?

These are the numbers I see on carwale currently:

Ex-Showroom Price
₹ 34,20,000
Registration
₹ 6,64,235
Insurance
₹ 1,60,893
Other Charges
₹ 54,700
On Road Price in Bangalore
₹ 42,99,828

If the vehicle was bought in Pondicherry - with aggressive negotiation - a price of 33-34 lakhs may be possible but then the top variant of the XUV 700 only costs 25L in Pondicherry, not 28-29.
Old 12th October 2021, 16:41   #2175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
Interesting. Wonder why would he mask the last 2-digits? It's your number and you need to know the full details. Suggest you ask for it.
I masked it for privacy, apologies for the confusion.

I just spoke with my dealer on the deliveries and he said he cant comment until he gets CPD. He is also not confident if my delivery can be done in this year. Maybe another 10 to 15 days we all should get better understanding.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks